PDA

View Full Version : Argyle

SNYDER325TIGERS
11-21-2007, 03:21 AM
Does anyone kno anything about this team? I think they have an alright chance of beating Graham, or so I think....

Argyle 27

Graham 20

bigron15
11-21-2007, 04:33 AM
Originally posted by SNYDER325TIGERS
Does anyone kno anything about this team? I think they have an alright chance of beating Graham, or so I think....

Argyle 27

Graham 20

i think that you are going out on a limb there buddy

RedWhiteBlue
11-21-2007, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by SNYDER325TIGERS

Argyle 27

Graham 20
They have a really good qb, they run the spread, they are fast and yes, they have an alright chance of beating Graham, but then Graham has a good chance of beating them.

Budman007
11-21-2007, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by bigron15

I guess I'm on the limb with him. Argyle 20-14

BILLYFRED0000
11-21-2007, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by bigron15

He is not. Argyle is exactly the kind of team that could beat Graham. Graham does not want to get into a scoring contest cause their offense is weak. Argyle's O is their strength. And Argyle plays decent D. I think it is an even game to a point but Graham cannot play catchup. Argyle can.

garciap77
11-21-2007, 10:15 PM
I'll take Graham by 7!

alaskacat
11-21-2007, 10:17 PM
Argyle 42
Graham 14

lion75
11-21-2007, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by alaskacat
Argyle 42
Graham 14 doubt it

BILLYFRED0000
11-21-2007, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by lion75
doubt it

It could turn into that kind of score. Style of play could turn a tight game into a blow out. If Argyle gets up and forces McCoy to throw more it can create turnovers and a short field for Arygles offense. I do not expect it but it is definetly possible.

It just comes down to whether Graham can keep Argyle from moving up and down the field. Graham plays good D but needs to stay ahead.

lion75
11-21-2007, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
It could turn into that kind of score. Style of play could turn a tight game into a blow out. If Argyle gets up and forces McCoy to throw more it can create turnovers and a short field for Arygles offense. I do not expect it but it is definetly possible.

It just comes down to whether Graham can keep Argyle from moving up and down the field. Graham plays good D but needs to stay ahead. This could happen only if Harp is as fast and elusive as Vernon's Williams. I would bet he has not seen the pressure he's about to see. And by the way, what happened in the Bridgeport game? To beat Graham they would have to be significantly better than them. And they may be. Did they just have a real bad game? I know sometimes it happens.

SNYDER325TIGERS
11-21-2007, 10:42 PM
This should be one of the best games in the state

BILLYFRED0000
11-21-2007, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by lion75
This could happen only if Harp is as fast and elusive as Vernon's Williams. I would bet he has not seen the pressure he's about to see. And by the way, what happened in the Bridgeport game? To beat Graham they would have to be significantly better than them. And they may be. Did they just have a real bad game? I know sometimes it happens.

Well I think they just went in flat. We scrimmaged both B-port and Argyle. B-port we demolished and Argyle we beat handily. I know Argyle can get out of sync and the team that gives them the most trouble is another spread passing team. A ground attack is a little easier for their defense because they do have a little size in their d line. Harp handles pressure pretty well. He gets the ball out quick. I think this will come down to coaching and I think McCoy may have the edge. Argyle just plays a pretty good brand of ball to match up with Graham. I would look for Vernon to have an easier time of beating Argyle.

lion75
11-21-2007, 11:00 PM
One more thing about Graham. If you're going to the game, it won't take but a couple of minutes until you start to notice # 5, Trevor Sparks. He's one of those guys that people on this board will still be talking about years from now. He can wreak havoc. A fun guy to watch. As a junior, he was pivital in a key district 14-7 victory at Vernon last year. Whatever you've read about him, believe it.

slingshot
11-22-2007, 09:57 PM
Graham... I think they are over that little funk (close win over Iowa Park, loss to Vernon) and charged up for the playoffs. Excellent D-line, can really put pressure on the quarterback, probably better that anyone we faced except Brownwood this year--Argyle's Q-back will be doing it all on quick counts/slants or on the run all night. McCoy is shaky at times (what Soph Q-back isn't?) but the kid has all the tools--size, arm strength, better than avg runner, good genes... coach's kid. When he settles down and manages the game and doesn't try to win it by himself he does fine--when he does too much, he makes mistakes. Holub is a very dangerous back--esp coming out of the backfield on short passes and checkoffs--a Brad McCoy specialty. You come up to cut off the short stuff and boom! He will nail you downfield.

My prediction? Graham 35-21

Budman007
11-23-2007, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
Well I think they just went in flat. We scrimmaged both B-port and Argyle. B-port we demolished and Argyle we beat handily. I know Argyle can get out of sync and the team that gives them the most trouble is another spread passing team. A ground attack is a little easier for their defense because they do have a little size in their d line. Harp handles pressure pretty well. He gets the ball out quick. I think this will come down to coaching and I think McCoy may have the edge. Argyle just plays a pretty good brand of ball to match up with Graham. I would look for Vernon to have an easier time of beating Argyle.

Celina beat Bridgeport in their scrimmage by one TD. Iwould'nt exactly call that getting demolished. Bridgeport had an off game against Sweetwater. If Graham can contain Harp like Bridgeport did, they have a chance. If they let him run around, Argyle will win.

BILLYFRED0000
11-23-2007, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Budman007
Celina beat Bridgeport in their scrimmage by one TD. Iwould'nt exactly call that getting demolished. Bridgeport had an off game against Sweetwater. If Graham can contain Harp like Bridgeport did, they have a chance. If they let him run around, Argyle will win.

We subbed a lot and the players all said Argyle was tougher. Just the players point of view. That was not meant as disrespect. I have been to a few hoe downs and can read between the lines.
I just think the weather will dictate this game more than anything. If the wind gets up too much or if it is raining very hard Graham wins in a low scoring affair. And that is what the weather guys are saying right now.

charlesrixey
11-23-2007, 11:14 AM
useless to argue about the scrimmage

Frisco Wakeland beat Argyle 43-26, for what it's worth (in week 3)

Argyle has the ability to make a run (ie their state title game run in 05)

everyone forgets about that 28-20 loss to Newton, and also that this is a fourth or fifth year varsity program

Graham's defense is solid, and they should definately be favored

but,

If Argyle gets in a groove,

watch out

VWG
11-23-2007, 12:46 PM
I think the weather plays a big factor in this game.

firstdown
11-24-2007, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by VWG
I think the weather plays a big factor in this game.

I think you may be right. However both teams will have to play in it and whoever whens will be moving on. Good luck to Graham no offence (sp) but I hope that it's your last this season.

GOOD LUCK EAGLES!!

BILLYFRED0000
11-24-2007, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by firstdown
I think you may be right. However both teams will have to play in it and whoever whens will be moving on. Good luck to Graham no offence (sp) but I hope that it's your last this season.

GOOD LUCK EAGLES!!

Style of Play favors Graham in these conditions. Harp needs to be crisp and a wet ball can cause havoc both throwing and catching. If Argyle can establish the run and use the pass to keep Graham honest they have a chance.

Snydertigersrul
11-24-2007, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue
They have a really good qb, they run the spread, they are fast and yes, they have an alright chance of beating Graham, but then Graham has a good chance of beating them.

he can throw the ball very well.

RedWhiteBlue
11-24-2007, 04:40 PM
Our boys headed out about 2:30 pm- I hope both teams have a safe trip.
LET'S PLAY SOME BALL!!!!!

injuredinmelee
11-24-2007, 04:43 PM
we gonna get updates on this one tonight?

cr180t
11-24-2007, 05:11 PM
Is this going to be web cast?

SNYDER325TIGERS
11-24-2007, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by cr180t
Is this going to be web cast?

Thats what i'm wonderin... I can't find one:thinking: