PDA

View Full Version : Duke

PlayaJBiehl20
11-21-2007, 12:46 AM
Watching Duke play tonight, I think that they're going to be just as good or better then Redick and Williams Sr. year. They don't have a dominant post that can consistently score, but Singler, Henderson, and Nelson can make up for that, as long as they clean the glass then they'll contend for a National title.

HippoBaseball05
11-21-2007, 12:52 AM
Duke is still a very young team with only one Senior. Zoubek is the only kid over 6'8" and he is still very raw and uncoordinated.

For them to compete fo the ACC Championship, they are going to have to scrap even harder for every lose ball on both ends, make their FT's, and play solid 'D' which they have done so far.

Marquette tomorrow will tell alot in the long run as to where this team stands right now.

TexanFan4Life
11-21-2007, 12:54 AM
It's about time for Nelson to show up. He committed to Duke when he was in 10th Grade and has yet to step up. I think this is the year he shines. Henderson's only going to get better this year as well. I like Villanova this year, mainly because of Scottie Reynolds.

PlayaJBiehl20
11-21-2007, 01:18 AM
Well Nelsons Freshman and Sophmore seasons he didn't need to do much with Redick and Williams. Then last year he should have scored more then he did. He's had nagging injuries so it's not like he's just some overhyped player, he's legit when he is healthy. And even though Zoubek is the only one over 6'8 Thomas, McClure, and Singler can all Board not to mention Nelson who rebounds good for a wing. Competing for ACC Championship is never a question they'll compete even in their rebuilding years.

g$$
11-21-2007, 01:31 AM
It's only November. Duke is always tough, but way too early to tell much. UNC is the team to beat in ACC.

PlayaJBiehl20
11-21-2007, 01:33 AM
Not too early to tell that this team has chemistry. And wow that comment about UNC made me think that you are really Doug Gotlieb in disguise, just a good college basketball anaylist.

g$$
11-21-2007, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by PlayaJBiehl20
Not too early to tell that this team has chemistry. And wow that comment about UNC made me think that you are really Doug Gotlieb in disguise, just a good college basketball anaylist.

Stating the obvious fella, you don't win anything in November. And I like Duke & Coach K. Size will be an issue. And yeah, UNC is pretty good I hear. ;)

TexanFan4Life
11-21-2007, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Stating the obvious fella, you don't win anything in November. And I like Duke & Coach K. Size will be an issue. And yeah, UNC is pretty good I hear. ;)

You think VCU will beat them again in the tourney? ;)

g$$
11-22-2007, 05:45 AM
Originally posted by TexanFan4Life
You think VCU will beat them again in the tourney? ;)

No, but not ready to put them in Top 5 either. ;)

GreenMonster
11-22-2007, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by g$$
No, but not ready to put them in Top 5 either. ;) Me either since they suck! Didn't you watch them get beat by crappy ol' Notre Dame last weekend? Oh I see where you guys are going. You are trying to contaminate this fabulous FOOTBALL board with some stinking pumpkin-ball razmataz during the holiest time of the year for Texas HS football. Take that junk to some other site or keep it private. It's all about 3A HS play-off football here boys.

zebrablue2
11-22-2007, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Me either since they suck! Didn't you watch them get beat by crappy ol' Notre Dame last weekend? Oh I see where you guys are going. You are trying to contaminate this fabulous FOOTBALL board with some stinking pumpkin-ball razmataz during the holiest time of the year for Texas HS football. Take that junk to some other site or keep it private. It's all about 3A HS play-off football here boys.

the greenmonster has spoken, but I just have to say--
GO BLUEDEVILS. now, back to football.