PDA

View Full Version : Can this happen?

orangeblood
11-20-2007, 11:36 PM
What does the Downlow think about this. Please everyone vote.....

Astrosdawg07
11-21-2007, 12:15 AM
Anything can happen lol...

kaorder1999
11-21-2007, 12:17 AM
i know nothing about them

Astrosdawg07
11-21-2007, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
i know nothing about them

neither do I...Other than Jasper plays and plans on beating Navasota!

pirate4state
11-21-2007, 12:26 AM
Can it? Yes

Will it? Probably not!

bufflongago
11-21-2007, 12:28 AM
how do you knwo nothing about giddings...they have only made it to the quarterfinals for the past 3 years with oen of the states top rushign attacks year in and out...

WOS87
11-21-2007, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by bufflongago
how do you knwo nothing about giddings...they have only made it to the quarterfinals for the past 3 years with oen of the states top rushign attacks year in and out...

Giddings has only made it to the quarterfinals the past 2 years. They didn't even qualify for the playoffs 3 years ago

pirate4state
11-21-2007, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by WOS87
Giddings has only made it to the quarterfinals the past 2 years. They didn't even qualify for the playoffs 3 years ago

Ouch that's gonna leave a mark! ;)

kaorder1999
11-21-2007, 12:41 AM

just knowing that they made it to the quarterfinals the last two years or whatever doesnt mean I know enough about them to say whether or not they could beat certain other teams...I dont know their mascot, i dont know their school colors.....i dont know who all is in their District without looking it up and Im too lazy to do that. I dont know where the hell Giddings is and frankly I dont care where it is. So yeah...I dont know anything about Giddings....

SNYDER325TIGERS
11-21-2007, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Can it? Yes

Will it? Probably not!

Yeah, I agree with this

pirate4state
11-21-2007, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
just knowing that they made it to the quarterfinals the last two years or whatever doesnt mean I know enough about them to say whether or not they could beat certain other teams...I dont know their mascot, i dont know their school colors.....i dont know who all is in their District without looking it up and Im too lazy to do that. I dont know where the hell Giddings is and frankly I dont care where it is. So yeah...I dont know anything about Giddings....

"bing, bang, poke..." - Tommy DeVito

TexanFan4Life
11-21-2007, 12:51 AM
Navasota will roll over Jasper (From what I hear, Jasper lacks speed at the RB position and size at the WR position)

I don't know a thing about Kirbyville, but I'm going to say that Caldwell wins (based on what I know about Caldwell)

Here's the kicker...Giddings loses in a defensive battle to West Orange-Stark by 6 points or less (buff4life, feel free to disagree with me on this one...LOL)

2/3 isn't bad for District 23.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2007, 12:51 AM
how do you knwo nothing about giddings...they have only made it to the quarterfinals for the past 3 years with oen of the states top rushign attacks year in and out... is Giddings where multiple users Mindy resides?

Darren
11-21-2007, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Can it? Yes

Will it? Probably not!

Agreed....

I want it to happen but the chances of all 3 teams advancing into the third round are slim.

We will have to see how it shakes out.

navscanmaster
11-21-2007, 08:11 AM
Well, whomever maintains the Region III page has our district picked to go 0-3. I think they just want us to lose so they don't have to read our threads anymore.
On another note, amazingly, with the news of Brock's status, Giddings is probably the team in the worst position for a loss. I think they will win myself, but the defense will have to play lights out. Caldwell will roll. Correct that, bulldoze. I think Kirbyville has had a good run, but there ain't enough cheap WalMart Real Kill on the shelves to keep these Hornets off of them. Navasota and Jasper are pretty evenly matched, but if Navasota's defense maintains the level of intensity from last week, this one could get ugly quick also. Besides Caldwell, I will not make a prediction for Giddings and Navasota. Too many uncertains. My personal poll:

D23 gets a goose-egg: 0.01%
D23 goes 1-2: 24.99%
D23 goes 2-1: 35%
D23 goes 3-0: 40%

This poll was conducted with the many conflicting personalities in my head and numbers were subsequently pulled out of my......:D

R3Editor
11-21-2007, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Well, whomever maintains the Region III page has our district picked to go 0-3. I think they just want us to lose so they don't have to read our threads anymore.

Haha. I honestly didn't even look at what district teams were in when I made the picks. None of the six teams have anything to do with my team, and it doesn't matter to me who wins.

WO-S vs Giddings:
Yes, Giddings is undefeated and has been ranked # 1 in the state for most of the season. It's my opinion that the Mustangs have been underrated for most of the year. From what I've read about this group of 'Stangs, and the two teams in general, I just see WO-S pouring it on strong the second half.

Navasota vs Jasper:
I think Jasper's pre-district schedule for the most part was stronger than Navasota's. Granted, we're weeks past that time of the season, but I see that as giving the Bulldogs a leg up.

Kirbyville vs Caldwell:
This was the toughest game for me to decide and in my opinion, the one most likely to be incorrect. Both have one loss; both losses come to the respective district champions. This basically was a coin toss pick.

navscanmaster
11-21-2007, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by R3Editor
Haha. I honestly didn't even look at what district teams were in when I made the picks. None of the six teams have anything to do with my team, and it doesn't matter to me who wins.

WO-S vs Giddings:
Yes, Giddings is undefeated and has been ranked # 1 in the state for most of the season. It's my opinion that the Mustangs have been underrated for most of the year. From what I've read about this group of 'Stangs, and the two teams in general, I just see WO-S pouring it on strong the second half.

Navasota vs Jasper:
I think Jasper's pre-district schedule for the most part was stronger than Navasota's. Granted, we're weeks past that time of the season, but I see that as giving the Bulldogs a leg up.

Kirbyville vs Caldwell:
This was the toughest game for me to decide and in my opinion, the one most likely to be incorrect. Both have one loss; both losses come to the respective district champions. This basically was a coin toss pick.

Good response. I agree with everything said, but I still think Kirbyville doesn't stand a chance:)

WOS87
11-21-2007, 09:23 AM
Kirbyville very well may surprise some people.... the only teams that have held them to less than 24 points this season were WOS and Jasper.

They have logged 2 wins over two teams that have both made it to the final 16 of their playoff bracket (a very strong Carthage, and Jasper)

Caldwell has the win over Navasota, other than that, all of their other wins this season have come over opponents that are all playing basketball right now.

Looking at the records of both Jasper and WO-S may fool people in to believing they have bigger weaknesses than they really do, since both have some early season games that were either losses or close games with relatively weak opponents.

The simple explanation for WO-S is that the offensive line is extremely young, and there are quite a few sophomores that were just getting their feet wet in varsity ball early in the season. Does anyone realize that in their first 2 games this season WO-S was held scoreless in the first half and in their first 4 games combined, WO-S scored a total of 13 first half points against 4 teams that have a combined 20-22 record?? In their last 4 games they scored 111 first half points. Luckily the defense was able to make up for the youth of the offense early on, but now, I believe the offense has found their feet and WO-S has actually scored 41 pts more than Giddings has going into the game Friday...
The reason there is such a difference between my own 3A power ratings that I've posted, and other ratings such as the Massey ratings is because my ratings only include games vs 3A opponents, which means WOS' first 3 games vs 4A teams were not factored in. I know how the Massey ratings work, and if Ken Massey were to calculate it for all teams using the results of the last 8 games played, instead of the last 11... WO-S would be heads above Gilmer and Celina.

Just my opinion, but if we were to play LCM or Bay City again right now, the results would probably be dramatically different.

If Giddings wins Friday, they will become only the 3rd team that can claim a winning record in an overall series of games vs. WO-S all-time and I will be the first to give them props.

In regards to Jasper, I don't know exactly what it was, but from Week 6 on, there was a very definite rumble coming from Jasper's direction that made me realize that something had changed. Maybe it was just that confidence that had slipped over the last season, maybe it was Coach Brooks' influence finally kicking in... but since their game with Bridge City they have been a completely different team... Once again it's just my opinion, but if Kirbyville and Jasper were to play again, my money would be very strongly on Jasper, and I think a lot of SE Texas fans would agree with me... look at the common opponents since Kirbyville beat Jasper,

Jasper 61
Hardin-Jefferson 0

Kirbyville 52
Hardin-Jefferson 16

Jasper 40
Silsbee 34

Kirbyville 29
Silsbee 28

Jasper 24
Orangefield 14

Kirbyville 49
Orangefield 42

Jasper 68
Bridge City 3

Kirbyville 67
Bridge City 25

and even in their losses to WO-S...

Jasper 21
WO-S 41

Kirbyville 7
WO-S 31

In ALL 5 games, Jasper had a better showing compared to Kirbyville....

I think that District 23 very well could go 3-0, but I would truly be somewhat shocked if that happened.

I would also be somewhat shocked if they went 0-3

All I know, is that all 3 matchups are good ones, and could go either way.... and anyone who is claiming that there is a clear winner in any of the 3 games is deluding themselves.

Good luck to all!

GUNHO
11-21-2007, 09:54 AM
Nice info wos87.:clap:

UPanIN
11-21-2007, 11:16 AM

Doesn't everyone know the center of the universe is in Giddings at the 50 yard line.:D

sotex
11-21-2007, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by UPanIN
Doesn't everyone know the center of the universe is in Giddings at the 50 yard line.:D Now everyone on the 3adl knows that's not right. The center of the universe is is in Celina at the 50 yard line.

DaHop72
11-21-2007, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by sotex
Now everyone on the 3adl knows that's not right. The center of the universe is is in Celina at the 50 yard line. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :devil:

RattlerDude
11-21-2007, 01:53 PM
I think it is very possible for all of D23s teams to sweep D21. The team I am worried for is Giddings because of the injury to their quarterback. I am not saying they are going to lose, I am just saying it is going to be the hardest for. Of course, my picks to win each game are Caldwell, Giddings, and Navasota. Hopefully D23 comes out on top in each one.

CHS_Grad '85
11-21-2007, 05:14 PM
I've lost count but there was a reason Giddings kept getting picked GOTW... just about every opponent played them as if it were for the championship... Giddings is ready for WOS... Navasota isn't ready to finish the season yet and neither is Caldwell... D23 will be ready to play... so hold on to your seats folks... it's going to be a thrilling weekend...

kepdawg
11-21-2007, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by CHS_Grad '85
I've lost count but there was a reason Giddings kept getting picked GOTW... just about every opponent played them as if it were for the championship... Giddings is ready for Jasper... Navasota isn't ready to finish the season yet and neither is Caldwell... D23 will be ready to play... so hold on to your seats folks... it's going to be a thrilling weekend...

Giddings is in a mess of trouble if they're ready for Jasper!

CHS_Grad '85
11-21-2007, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Giddings is in a mess of trouble if they're ready for Jasper! :doh: Oops!!! I was looking at another thread... man, I need to get this stuff straight... :D

j_dog
11-21-2007, 08:33 PM
In regards to Jasper, I don't know exactly what it was, but from Week 6 on, there was a very definite rumble coming from Jasper's direction that made me realize that something had changed. Maybe it was just that confidence that had slipped over the last season, maybe it was Coach Brooks' influence finally kicking in... but since their game with Bridge City they have been a completely different team... Once again it's just my opinion, but if Kirbyville and Jasper were to play again, my money would be very strongly on Jasper, and I think a lot of SE Texas fans would agree with me... look at the common opponents since Kirbyville beat Jasper,

Jasper 61
Hardin-Jefferson 0

Kirbyville 52
Hardin-Jefferson 16

Jasper 40
Silsbee 34

Kirbyville 29
Silsbee 28

Jasper 24
Orangefield 14

Kirbyville 49
Orangefield 42

Jasper 68
Bridge City 3

Kirbyville 67
Bridge City 25

and even in their losses to WO-S...

Jasper 21
WO-S 41

Kirbyville 7
WO-S 31

In ALL 5 games, Jasper had a better showing compared to Kirbyville....
87 I like your analysis. I might have done that, but I am too lazy. :D getting the right talent in the right places didn't hurt. :) these little Dogs just may be better than most folks predict. :thinking: well, they will just keep on showing up, and trying to beat expectations. :)

Rattlesnake_08
11-21-2007, 09:19 PM
Everyone who votes "no" on this poll is real dumb, because yes they can, the question is...Will they?

DeeStroyer71
11-21-2007, 11:05 PM

Jasper 24
Orangefield 14

Kirbyville 49
Orangefield 42

Jasper 68
Bridge City 3

Kirbyville 67
Bridge City 25

Jasper 21
WO-S 41

Kirbyville 7
WO-S 31

giving up too many points
especially to Ofield
Jasper by 14 IMHO

HEMOTOXIC
11-22-2007, 12:56 AM
No way D23 will get swept. I don't think that all teams will survive after this week. I would be nice!

As far as D23, there weren't any 'weak' teams in the district. If you put Bellville, Smithville, and La Grange in any other district, they probably would have made the playoffs.

Caldwell is good. Kirbyville will see exactly how good the Hornets are. Their offense is key but their defense has the capability to shut down offenses as well. Unless Kirbyville defense is as good a Giddings' D, they better hope to catch Caldwell on a bad nigt.

Giddings defense is exceptional. For that reason is why they have been ranked #1 all year. Hearing about the injury to their quarterback has set the Buffaloes back. However, their D is still exceptional. Based on the injury issue to Giddings' quarterback, I am going with WOS. But, if Fritzhenry can play the entire game as he has all year, this game could go to Giddings. Because of the level of play from both teams is exceptional, I think that EXPERIENCE that Giddings has will be key in this game.

Navasota VS Jasper- This game should be a good one. Although I have yet to see Jasper play this year, I do know that Jasper always has very athletic players. If Navasota has the type of game that they had against Giddings and Needville, the Rattlers will win. All year, Navasota's defense has been suspect. Friday's matchup will test the defense again. In the Giddings and Needville games, their defense decided to show up. Although the Giddings game was a loss for the Rattlers, they played with a lot of heart and more importantly the boys realized that they could play with any team on any night. I do know that the Rattlers earned alot of R-E-S-P-E-C-T after the Giddings game from district foes. As far as the game, I'm not sure if Jasper's defense has enough to slow down the Rattlers.

These are my opinion. Please feel free to agree to disagree.

Go Snakes!

Rattlesnake_08
11-22-2007, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
No way D23 will get swept.

Caldwell is good. Kirbyville will see exactly how good the Hornets are. Their offense is key but their defense has the capability to shut down offenses as well. Unless Kirbyville defense is as good a Giddings' D, they better hope to catch Caldwell on a bad nigt.

Giddings defense is exceptional. For that reason is why they have been ranked #1 all year. Hearing about the injury to their quarterback has set the Buffaloes back. However, their D is still exceptional. Based on the injury issue to Giddings' quarterback, I am going with WOS. But, if Fritzhenry can play the entire game as he has all year, this game could go to Giddings. Because of the level of play from both teams is exceptional, I think that EXPERIENCE that Giddings has will be key in this game.

Navasota VS Jasper- This game should be a good one. Although I have yet to see Jasper play this year, I do know that Jasper always has very athletic players. If Navasota has the type of game that they had against Giddings and Needville, the Rattlers will win. All year, Navasota's defense has been suspect. Friday's matchup will test the defense again. In the Giddings and Needville games, their defense decided to show up. Although the Giddings game was a loss for the Rattlers, they played with a lot of heart and more importantly the boys realized that they could play with any team on any night. I do know that the Rattlers earned alot of R-E-S-P-E-C-T after the Giddings game from district foes. As far as the game, I'm not sure if Jasper's defense has enough to slow down the Rattlers.

These are my opinion. Please feel free to agree to disagree.

Go Snakes!

Our defense was suspect? Even versus Hempstead?

Ranger Mom
11-22-2007, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
is Giddings where multiple users Mindy resides?

Mindy???

I know "Mandy" is from Hutto!! Is that who you mean??

Oh yeah...and I don't remember hearing anything about Giddings until last season!!:eek:

HEMOTOXIC
11-22-2007, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by Rattlesnake_08
Our defense was suspect? Even versus Hempstead?

;) No....against the better teams...District play

I'm not saying that the Rattlers defense is not good, they just didn't show that they could stop teams when they needed to do so. However, they have played exceptional defense as of late. Sometimes it takes teams more time to gel. Hopefully the Rattlers are beginning to 'peak' or even better, peaking. ;)