PDA

View Full Version : Navasota / Jasper radio ???

j_dog
11-20-2007, 11:12 PM
Will a Navasota station carry the game? If so, what is their website please?

Jasper's KJAS will be carrying the game, but they somehow have not updated their Windows Media Software or something. As a result, they can be difficult to bring in. :(

I will be in Georgetown, away from my computer that will get KJAS so if there is another broadcast, it would be most appreciated. :) I like to listen to a non-Jasper station anyway. Less bias. :D

Astrosdawg07
11-20-2007, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by j_dog
...Jasper's KJAS will be carrying the game, but they somehow have not updated their Windows Media Software or something. As a result, they can be difficult to bring in. :( ...

Ya KJAS never works for me online...

j_dog
11-20-2007, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
Ya KJAS never works for me online...
the Jasper tech guy told me to use RealPlayer, and paste the address from the Windows info there. I got that to work on my desk top, but for the life of me cannot duplicate that on my laptop. :( :mad:

You know, KOGT had the same problem it seemed for a short time, but must have updated their software. KJAS info says to go back to version 10 of Windows Media. Again, easier said than done. I wish they would just upgrade, or whatever that KOGT did. :clap:

Astrosdawg07
11-20-2007, 11:21 PM
the Jasper tech guy told me to use RealPlayer, and paste the address from the Windows info there. I got that to work on my desk top, but for the life of me cannot duplicate that on my laptop. :( :mad:

You know, KOGT had the same problem it seemed for a short time, but must have updated their software. KJAS info says to go back to version 10 of Windows Media. Again, easier said than done. I wish they would just upgrade, or whatever that KOGT did. :clap:

I've got a mac so I guess I'm just screwed...

striker
11-20-2007, 11:34 PM
The Navasota Radio Station does not stream live on the Internet. Sorry about that.

j_dog
11-20-2007, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by striker
The Navasota Radio Station does not stream live on the Internet. Sorry about that.
do they have a strong signal? any chance the signal could be picked up in the Austin area?

striker
11-20-2007, 11:41 PM
The signal is weak. Have trouble picking it up in Bryan/College Station. Mostly a local station in Navasota.

striker
11-20-2007, 11:42 PM
Navasota News 1550

Bull's-eye
11-20-2007, 11:44 PM
Navasota News 1550

Good signal last week in Klein.

j_dog
11-20-2007, 11:45 PM
Navasota News 1550
Thanks for the info. I will try. Maybe with the "right" weather conditions, the signal will "bounce". :)

Otherwise, I will have to crank up the old cell phone, and/or watch the posts from those folks who can get KJAS.

j_dog
11-21-2007, 11:02 AM
I have continued to play with the RealPlayer on my PC. Still not there yet, but if anyone wants to try, the key seems to be to add the URL address for KJAS, which is:

mms://65.174.116.33/KJAS

If anyone has any suggestions to try, they would be appreciated.

navscanmaster
11-21-2007, 11:31 AM
If you listen to 1550 AM in the Austin area, you will probably hear the Mexican station that blows us out of the water sometimes. I think it broadcasts from somewhere in that area. TSRN isn't streaming anything this week? Maybe we just got lucky being one of the only shows on Thursday last week.

JasperDog94
11-21-2007, 04:48 PM

You know, KOGT had the same problem it seemed for a short time, but must have updated their software. KJAS info says to go back to version 10 of Windows Media. Again, easier said than done. I wish they would just upgrade, or whatever that KOGT did. :clap: The Realplayer idea won't work for me and if you use Windows XP you can't downgrade to Windows Media Player 10.:(

j_dog
11-21-2007, 08:14 PM
I have continued to play with the RealPlayer on my PC. Still not there yet, but if anyone wants to try, the key seems to be to add the URL address for KJAS, which is:

mms://65.174.116.33/KJAS

If anyone has any suggestions to try, they would be appreciated.
I still cannot figure out what the difference is. What works well on my desktop simply does not work on the laptop.

Doing EXACTLY the same thing on the laptop, I get a message that it cannot connect to Windows Media blah blah. :mad:

I am guessing that I may have different editions of RealPlayer. :confused: