PDA

View Full Version : NCAA 20 Most Valuable & Profitable Teams from Forbes...

g$$
11-20-2007, 06:19 PM
**Please don't use the idiotic words "2nd tier" when referring to Texas A&M guys...here's some proof on why & how things should change ASAP. You can win at Texas A&M because all of the resources are in place. Just gotta do it.**

http://www.forbes.com/sportsbusiness/2007/11/20/notre-dame-fooball-biz-sports-cx_ps_1120collegeball.html

Emerson1
11-20-2007, 06:23 PM
Think how much a&m would be worth if they could actually sell out their stadium.

g$$
11-20-2007, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Think how much a&m would be worth if they could actually sell out their stadium.

Good point, but A&M is averaging close to 80K this year (seats 82,500 without SRO like Friday). Fans will be back in droves if they believe in the product. Lots of people would die to have A&M's rabid fan base. Attendance figures have not been that bad all things considered.

Hey, I remember Texas having lots of empty seats near the end for Mackovic. People forget that with all the sellouts lately. It is cyclical & with the high $$ prices, you better have a good product in these parts.

rockdale80
11-20-2007, 06:50 PM
Game day in CS is crazy. Lots of money is spent in Brazos county on those weekends.

g$$
11-22-2007, 05:57 AM
ttt

CenTexSports
11-22-2007, 08:53 AM
I think the article does more to make the point of A&M being 2nd tier than 1st. The value is more than 50% less than the number 1 team and it is in with Mich State and Cal. Nebraska is also there but remember it is in Nebraska. Besides, money does not define quality of football program.

Old Tiger
11-22-2007, 09:54 AM
good tailgating in CS.

g$$
11-27-2007, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
I think the article does more to make the point of A&M being 2nd tier than 1st. The value is more than 50% less than the number 1 team and it is in with Mich State and Cal. Nebraska is also there but remember it is in Nebraska. Besides, money does not define quality of football program.

No, but $$ sure helps too. It has become an arms race.

To be in the top 15-18 in country, then you are not 2nd tier. Highly disagree & Forbes article is more proof.

(A&M also will increase by about $11 million next year too due to some other factors related to school & conference.)

eagles_victory
11-27-2007, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by g$$
No, but $$ sure helps too. It has become an arms race.

To be in the top 15-18 in country, then you are not 2nd tier. Highly disagree & Forbes article is more proof.

(A&M also will increase by about $11 million next year too due to some other factors related to school & conference.) That would mean Washington and Michigan St. would be considered first tier programs and I just dont see either of those schools being on that level. Even though Mich St. is climbing since I have been playing my dynasty with them on NCAA 2008

g$$
11-27-2007, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
That would mean Washington and Michigan St. would be considered first tier programs and I just dont see either of those schools being on that level. Even though Mich St. is climbing since I have been playing my dynasty with them on NCAA 2008

A&M is in top 15 $$ wise, & facilities are among the best in country. Factor in recruiting base & location, plus BCS Conference & reputation of university, & definitely top tier job. Top 15 to me is upper echelon. You can & should win at Texas A&M.

big daddy russ
11-28-2007, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
I read they're at 99.52% capacity for the year. Not 100%-plus like it used to be, but close.

Adidas410s
11-28-2007, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
I read they're at 99.52% capacity for the year. Not 100%-plus like it used to be, but close.

Wonder what that number looks like when you take out the UT game?

Old Tiger
11-28-2007, 10:48 AM
When I went to Kyle Field to watch them play Mizzou last year it was awfully quiet.

big daddy russ
11-28-2007, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by g$$
A&M is in top 15 $$ wise, & facilities are among the best in country. Factor in recruiting base & location, plus BCS Conference & reputation of university, & definitely top tier job. Top 15 to me is upper echelon. You can & should win at Texas A&M.
As far as income goes, they're top ten. As far as value, they're not, but that will increase with wins.

Originally posted by Adidas410s
Wonder what that number looks like when you take out the UT game?
Capacity is 82,600. Average attendance was 82,207, second-highest in school history.

487,250 total attendance minus the UT game. Averages out to 81,208 per game. So 98.3% without the UT game.

Game...Attendance
Montana St...79,438
Fresno St...75,922
La.-Monroe...77,309
Baylor... 82,970 (16th-highest all-time attendance)
Oklahoma St...86,217 (7th all-time)
Kansas... 85,341 (13th all-time)
Texas...88,253 (1st all-time)

All-time attendance records. (http://www.aggieathletics.com/index2.php?SID=MFB&pageID=900)

Kyle Field info. (http://www.aggieathletics.com/facilities.php?FID=7)

JasperDog94
11-28-2007, 11:57 AM
As far as income goes, they're top ten. As far as value, they're not, but that will increase with wins.

Capacity is 82,600. Average attendance was 82,207, second-highest in school history.

487,250 total attendance minus the UT game. Averages out to 81,208 per game. So 98.3% without the UT game.

Game...Attendance
Montana St...79,438
Fresno St...75,922
La.-Monroe...77,309
Baylor... 82,970 (16th-highest all-time attendance)
Oklahoma St...86,217 (7th all-time)
Kansas... 85,341 (13th all-time)

All-time attendance records. (http://www.aggieathletics.com/index2.php?SID=MFB&pageID=900)

Kyle Field info. (http://www.aggieathletics.com/facilities.php?FID=7) Is that paid attendance or actual attendance? I know at Astros games they talk about paid attendance and it's not even close to the same thing.

g$$
11-28-2007, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Is that paid attendance or actual attendance? I know at Astros games they talk about paid attendance and it's not even close to the same thing.

4 sell-outs this year.

Probably paid, but not sure. Usually college football games most come to games, not 1/81 home games like MLB.

Not bad for the product on field (7-5) & apathy over Fran. It will jump again under Sherman if he wins. Mackovic had trouble in Austin too - now look at consecutive sell-outs under Mack (like upper 40s for sell-outs straight).

JasperDog94
11-28-2007, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by g$$
4 sell-outs this year.

Probably paid, but not sure. Usually college football games most come to games, not 1/81 home games like MLB.

Not bad for the product on field (7-5) & apathy over Fran. It will jump again under Sherman if he wins. Mackovic had trouble in Austin too - now look at consecutive sell-outs under Mack (like upper 40s for sell-outs straight). True. I felt like it was paid attendance (like most other teams do) but I wasn't sure.

crzyjournalist03
11-28-2007, 12:19 PM
another crazy thing about sellouts is that you don't actually have to sell all of the tickets...if there's a chance that it won't sell out, they usually sell the middle two of a four seat area that's open leaving one seat open on either end.

If the only seats that are left are singles, you're allowed to classify the game as a sellout.

BullFrog Dad
11-28-2007, 12:20 PM
I was kinda' surprised that Southlake Carroll wasn't on the list.

big daddy russ
11-28-2007, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Is that paid attendance or actual attendance? I know at Astros games they talk about paid attendance and it's not even close to the same thing.
I honestly don't know, but chances are paid attendance. I don't know of too many pro or college teams that count actual attendance. The only ones that I've ever heard of that do it have the rotating admission counters at each gate.

JHS_c/o_06'
11-28-2007, 01:30 PM

So if the capacity for people is...we'll call it 83,000 people.......where in the hell do they fir the other 5,000+ people?????:confused:

thats alot of people to squeeze in.....and wouldn't that be a hazard to structural integrity.....i mean.....when they "saw em' off" at the end of each quarter....you can see the stands swaying as it is. I've been to two aggie games in College Station in the upper deck, and didn't feel safe at Kyle Field either time. When you were walking up the ramps to get to the stands, you could see light coming through gaps in the concrete. I think i'll pass on going to another game for that reason alone.

g$$
11-28-2007, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by JHS_c/o_06'
So if the capacity for people is...we'll call it 83,000 people.......where in the hell do they fir the other 5,000+ people?????:confused:

thats alot of people to squeeze in.....and wouldn't that be a hazard to structural integrity.....i mean.....when they "saw em' off" at the end of each quarter....you can see the stands swaying as it is. I've been to two aggie games in College Station in the upper deck, and didn't feel safe at Kyle Field either time. When you were walking up the ramps to get to the stands, you could see light coming through gaps in the concrete. I think i'll pass on going to another game for that reason alone.

Sideline seats obstructed view, that's where. Ans some SRO in stands.

Stands were built to give a little when swaying - seriously. Engineering thing. They actually built it that way in the 2nd & 3rd decks upon the renovations. It moves slightly to allow for swaying.

Older structure - just like DKR - but passes every structural test. I have not noticed any cracks when I have been there.

big daddy russ
11-28-2007, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by JHS_c/o_06'
In the row I was sitting, that's where. When the rest of the stadium was Sawing them Off side-to-side, we were Sawing them Off front-to-back.

And in the 20+ games I've been to at Kyle, I've never seen cracks in the concrete. I think you're exaggerating a bit.

g$$
11-28-2007, 02:00 PM
In the row I was sitting, that's where. When the rest of the stadium was Sawing them Off side-to-side, we were Sawing them Off front-to-back.

And in the 20+ games I've been to at Kyle, I've never seen cracks in the concrete. I think you're exaggerating a bit.

:clap: :clap:

At those big games Russ, you really get to know the people around you! Sometimes that's good, others not so much huh?

big daddy russ
11-28-2007, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by g$$
:clap: :clap:

At those big games Russ, you really get to know the people around you! Sometimes that's good, others not so much huh?
On one side was my brother, but on the another there was a good-looking set of girls. We got to know them talking to them, then I got to know them by being squeezed up against them the entire game.

I was groped a few times throughout the game as well. But it was accidentally.

Funny thing, too, the girl next to me went to the same HS my fiance did (Houston St. Agnes Academy) and graduated the year after. Small world.

g$$
11-28-2007, 02:23 PM
On one side was my brother, but on the another there was a good-looking set of girls. We got to know them talking to them, then I got to know them by being squeezed up against them the entire game.

I was groped a few times throughout the game as well. But it was accidentally.

Funny thing, too, the girl next to me went to the same HS my fiance did (Houston St. Agnes Academy) and graduated the year after. Small world.

Groping's not all bad!

Good story & glad you had fun. Small world.

JHS_c/o_06'
11-28-2007, 02:29 PM

Not cracks......but i saw a few gaps between where your feet rest (or stand in kyle field's case) and the back of that

so let us say that the letter " L " is part of the stands....the horizontal like being where your feet are....and vertical line being where it goes up to the bleacher. I swear that i've seen gaps where the two lines meet in some places when your at the concession stands.

I don't know if that makes sense, kinda hard to explain it without a picture.

g$$
11-28-2007, 02:42 PM
Never noticed any myself. Some of the lower bowl is older of course (like bathrooms, etc.). And I have been there way more than 2 games too.

A&M keeps that place pretty cleaned up & limited access. And plenty of $$ to fix any problems. Structurally sound.

BobcatBenny
11-28-2007, 02:56 PM
I say we sell A&M's football team while it still has decent value. :D