PDA

View Full Version : Region 1 Realignment Thoughts

Matthew328
02-04-2004, 02:17 PM
Overall, lots of 5 team districts just like I thought...4-3A top to bottom looks real strong with Wylie, Snyder, Sweetwater and Merkel...I also think 5-3A will be a strong district...Graham, Iowa Park, Vernon and WF Hirschi make a tough district..keep an eye on Hirschi especially if they go Div 2..they have some speed over there..of course Gainesville moving out west makes them the instant favorite....I think Pilot Point will bear watching this year as well..remember they played Atlanta tough..and they were young...watch out for Ranchview...yes they are young..but they have some big time talent...went 9-1 last year against 5A JV's and Private school Varsitys....

Z motion 10 out on 2
02-04-2004, 03:22 PM
I don't really like the 5 team district. But you get what you get. I have heard that Vernon will schedule Altus, Ok; Wichita Falls Old High, Burkburnet; Springtown; Clyde; and maybe Abilene Wylie. That would be one heck of a schedule to proceed Iowa Park, Graham, Breck and WF Hirschi in district.

Go Lions!

Adidas410s
02-04-2004, 03:45 PM
I know that Hirschi will be in Div 1 if they make the playoffs. Their number was 899...the cutoff line! One other school was also 899 but I forgot who it was! :p

Nikeguy
02-04-2004, 05:04 PM
I have to echo Z motion 10 out on 2's sentiments regarding the five team districts. Oh well, as it was stated you get what you get. However, I am very excited about the Wylie district. At least from a fan's perspective. If Wylie schedules 6 pre-district games with the type of schools that we usually play, coupled with our new district, it should make for one exciting season.