PDA

View Full Version : carthage & gilmer battle for D1 champs

dirtydan
11-20-2007, 03:49 PM
what are the chances that 2 east texas teams battle for D1 state champs. if carthage keeps up their streak, it could very well happen. lots of hot stale air coming out of both ends at Liberty hill. go dogs. round ball anyone!

JJ7997
11-20-2007, 03:56 PM
Seems to me that all of the guff I've been reading on here is coming from the Carthage people. Liberty Hill is the defending DII champ so if/when someone knocks them off then they will be entitled to talk.

Theres a huge amount of envy coming from places like....I dunno....... Snyder, Celina, Giddings, Gilmer, Carthage. :eek: :eek: :D

Ranger Mom
11-20-2007, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by dirtydan
what are the chances that 2 east texas teams battle for D1 state champs. if carthage keeps up their streak, it could very well happen. lots of hot stale air coming out of both ends at Liberty hill. go dogs. round ball anyone!

So....if Gilmer goes down earlier than expected, like last year....are you gonna hide for months on end again???:p

pirate4state
11-20-2007, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
So....if Gilmer goes down earlier than expected, like last year....are you gonna hide for months on end again???:p Exactly. I think he's been gone for just about a year. Guess he figured since they made it past the first round it was safe to come out of hiding! :D

lostaussie
11-20-2007, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
So....if Gilmer goes down earlier than expected, like last year....are you gonna hide for months on end again???:p :clap::clap:

DaHop72
11-20-2007, 04:10 PM
3A Football Discussion dirtydan 3 99 11-12-2007
01:25 PM

3A Football Discussion dirtydan 8 114 11-16-2006
11:36 AM

Nearly a year to the day.:D :D

Sweetwater Red
11-20-2007, 04:13 PM
Dang!

Show some....oh nevermind. Let him have it!:devil: :D

garciap77
11-20-2007, 05:30 PM

I just don't see that happening!!:rolleyes:

mistanice
11-20-2007, 05:35 PM
deep East texas teams blow :D

LH Panther Mom
11-20-2007, 05:51 PM
We started basketball the day UIL allowed practice to begin. :tongue: :tongue: I'm not sure about hot stale air.....but the dirty diapers are starting to smell. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Buckeye80
11-20-2007, 07:23 PM

HA! Look who we have here! Where ya been dirtydan??

crzyjournalist03
11-21-2007, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by JJ7997
Seems to me that all of the guff I've been reading on here is coming from the Carthage people. Liberty Hill is the defending DII champ so if/when someone knocks them off then they will be entitled to talk.

Theres a huge amount of envy coming from places like....I dunno....... Snyder, Celina, Giddings, Gilmer, Carthage. :eek: :eek: :D

I don't think there are any Carthage people here...at least not that I've come across...I've made some statements that I think Carthage will be the toughest test LH has faced, and I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Carthage win it, but I have yet to read anywhere on this board someone saying that Carthage was going to roll over LH and run straight to state...

Panther One
11-21-2007, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
I don't think there are any Carthage people here...at least not that I've come across...I've made some statements that I think Carthage will be the toughest test LH has faced, and I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Carthage win it, but I have yet to read anywhere on this board someone saying that Carthage was going to roll over LH and run straight to state...
The Carthage fans are on smoaky.com and there was one, or at least someone, predicting that Carthage would win state. I am going to have to disagree with you on Carthage being the toughest test for LH. I've seen some film on them and they aren't as good or as fast (since people like to talk about speed) as Cuero.

LHPfactory
11-21-2007, 08:54 PM
if carthage keeps up their streak,

Streak.....Streak......Streak.....sounds familiar,.....oh yes, Sweeney dropped their first two of the season last year, and won out......until LH....

And the Sweeney BULLDOGS have a great program with alot of tradition......

Round Balls you say?...........Then round ball it ill be.....First LH will lay the wood and next Carthage will be pounding the wood.

sweetwater07
11-21-2007, 09:03 PM

well if they are two east texas teams they would meet in the regional finals riiiight???

so other than that quarterfinal game, i didn't think they could play each other being in the same region and everything...or are they??

LH Panther Mom
11-21-2007, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
well if they are two east texas teams they would meet in the regional finals riiiight???

so other than that quarterfinal game, i didn't think they could play each other being in the same region and everything...or are they??
Carthage is III, Gilmer is II.... :)

sweetwater07
11-21-2007, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Carthage is III, Gilmer is II.... :)

scratch my previous post there darlin

haha