PDA

View Full Version : Aggie coach rumors

Macarthur
11-20-2007, 03:27 PM
There is a lot of smoke surrounding Spurrier.

Several aggie websites have had threads by folks with "inside connections" that state there has been an agreement in principle.

Of course, these folks could be up to no good, but those threads continue to get deleted from the boards, which seems suspicious.

Not sure if there's anything to it, but there is too much smoke for there to be nothing to it.

kepdawg
11-20-2007, 03:31 PM
I heard from Reveille it was going to be:

HC: Guy Morriss
OC: Bill Callahan
DC: Phil Bennett

bigron15
11-20-2007, 03:31 PM
they probably wont get the best coach out there because of the michigan spot being open and the recruits going there

kepdawg
11-20-2007, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by bigron15
they probably wont get the best coach out there because of the michigan spot being open and the recruits going there

Aggies aren't competing with Michigan!

Macarthur
11-20-2007, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg

I agree. I don't think Michigan has much berring on Texas. And make no mistake, if they do land the ol ball coach, it will make much bigger healines than who Michigan hires, with the exception of maybe Miles.

Dogman_1969
11-20-2007, 03:46 PM
Word from inside CS is that these rumors are hot because Tommy T has told everyone that he is staying at Auburn. That leaves folks in CS with their #1 man already telling them no thanks. I would be very surprised if ATM gets any of the guys rumored about now.

Look for a surprise during bowl season..........

88bobcats
11-20-2007, 04:02 PM
I don't care how "good" a coach Spurrier is, in my opinion, he's a bad fit for Texas A&M. I don't like the idea.....

g$$
11-20-2007, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Dogman_1969
Word from inside CS is that these rumors are hot because Tommy T has told everyone that he is staying at Auburn. That leaves folks in CS with their #1 man already telling them no thanks. I would be very surprised if ATM gets any of the guys rumored about now.

Tuberville also told the people at Ole Miss years ago that he would not be leaving unless it was in a pine box, then he went to Auburn! So with these things you can't read too much into it. It comes down to $$, security, behind the scenes stuff, big boosters, university presidents, etc. Tuberville may stay at Auburn, but he also may be posturing too.

A&M will get a solid coach in the end. Too much at stake not to for Byrne. It will play out & I expect an announcement early next week. Don't count Spurrier out either - I have been told some stuff too by people I trust & it won't go away. The Ol' Ball Coach may just be playing golf at beautiful new Traditions Golf Course very soon ( & Miramount). His son could be groomed as a future HC too. This story has some legs.

Sweetwater Red
11-20-2007, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg

They will be.....in the Alamo Bowl.:thinking::D

Macarthur
11-20-2007, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Tuberville also told the people at Ole Miss years ago that he would not be leaving unless it was in a pine box, then he went to Auburn! So with these things you can't read too much into it. It comes down to $$, security, behind the scenes stuff, big boosters, university presidents, etc. Tuberville may stay at Auburn, but he also may be posturing too.

A&M will get a solid coach in the end. Too much at stake not to for Byrne. It will play out & I expect an announcement early next week. Don't count Spurrier out either - I have been told some stuff too by people I trust & it won't go away. The Ol' Ball Coach may just be playing golf at beautiful new Traditions Golf Course very soon ( & Miramount). His son could be groomed as a future HC too. This story has some legs.

g$$ is right. The Spurrier stuff is being talked about on many different fronts. Too much smoke for there to be nothing to it. Now, it may not happen, but it's quite clear there is strong interest on both sides. In fact, some have said an agreement has been made in principle.

As for Tuberville, I truly believe if it were not for the buyout, TT would already be done. I don't have any inside info on that; just my thoughts.

Dogman_1969 Word from inside CS is that these rumors are hot because Tommy T has told everyone that he is staying at Auburn. That leaves folks in CS with their #1 man already telling them no thanks. I would be very surprised if ATM gets any of the guys rumored about now.

Well, if you're talking about TT, SS, Butch Davis, etc., it's more like 1a, 1b, 1c, etc. If they land SS, anyone would be hard pressed to call him a "second choice".

Also, this will not go into bowl season. If fact, I think it will be done by this time next week.