PDA

View Full Version : Giddings.. Is Fitzhenry OK?

Airforce1
11-20-2007, 02:45 PM
I heard he had a high ankle injury. Will he play this week?

buff4life
11-20-2007, 02:46 PM
don't know...have to wait and see...

TexanFan4Life
11-20-2007, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
don't know...have to wait and see...

I didn't see him on crutches at all. I could be wrong though. Somebody around here said that the Giddings trainer said it was broken.

buff4ever
11-20-2007, 02:58 PM
Yeah the bone came right through the skin too, it was pretty disgusting. I am not sure how he jumped up and walked off the field. JK

It is a sprain, will no more late in the week from what I hear.

bufflongago
11-20-2007, 02:59 PM
might be right...i was unsure at first that it could be broken but i walked around with a broken bone in my foot for a while before i knew about it so i wouldn't put it past him not playing...

pirate4state
11-20-2007, 03:00 PM
What everyone is forgetting is that Giddings is NOT a one man team. tsk, tsk...

Let's not speculate on players injuries. Remember they are just kids!

buff4ever
11-20-2007, 03:01 PM
Don't get me wrong, I know people can do a lot on a broken foot, I have seen guys go a couple of plays before realizing it was really that bad. I was just picking at the broken foot theory, couldn't pass it up.

bufflongago
11-20-2007, 03:09 PM
and i wasn't picking on brock...that kid is amazing...he's got such heart for the game...i was just stating what i experienced...it was tough...but im sure he can come back to give WOS a piece of the Brock's Stock

Global Swarming
11-20-2007, 03:30 PM
I broke my ankle my Junior year in football on the first play of the game. I went to the sideline, taped it up myself and went out and finished the game. I went to the doctor the next morning and found out it was broken.

buff4ever
11-20-2007, 03:32 PM
I saw a kid from caldwell not get to play after breaking his ankle one time, bone through his tights, wasn't a pretty site.

bufflongago
11-20-2007, 04:03 PM
and dont think for a minute i think giddings is a one-man show...i know the giddigns offense is capable of doing what LH does...embarrassing teams with ungodly numbers...but they choose to spread the field and wealth and control the tempo of the game...if they need a quick score...they have it...but why give the ball right back to the opposite offense...exactly my point...no one should call me a "oneman team caller"...jenke has a chance to reach 1000, brock will has a 1000, combinations of runnign backs could reach a 1000...plus if giddings drops back there is the possiblity for them to reach 3-400 yards in recieveing...so in no way was i referring to brock and giddings as a one man show...tsk tsk on you...:p

headhunter
11-20-2007, 06:16 PM
Doesn't giddings prefer to run the ball?

I know they have good athletes however I have heard that if you stop the run and get out in front (make them play catch up) then they are very beatable.

rockdale80
11-20-2007, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by headhunter
Doesn't giddings prefer to run the ball?

I know they have good athletes however I have heard that if you stop the run and get out in front (make them play catch up) then they are very beatable.

You mean run up the score on them....like mathis. :)

LH Panther Mom
11-20-2007, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by bufflongago
i know the giddigns offense is capable of doing what LH does...embarrassing teams with ungodly numbers...but they choose to spread the field and wealth and control the tempo of the game...if they need a quick score...they have it...but why give the ball right back to the opposite offense...
:doh: :doh: Dude....have you EVER seen us play or know anything about our offense?

zebrablue2
11-20-2007, 07:32 PM
and dont think for a minute i think giddings is a one-man show...i know the giddigns offense is capable of doing what LH does...embarrassing teams with ungodly numbers...but they choose to spread the field and wealth and control the tempo of the game...if they need a quick score...they have it...but why give the ball right back to the opposite offense...exactly my point...no one should call me a "oneman team caller"...jenke has a chance to reach 1000, brock will has a 1000, combinations of runnign backs could reach a 1000...plus if giddings drops back there is the possiblity for them to reach 3-400 yards in recieveing...so in no way was i referring to brock and giddings as a one man show...tsk tsk on you...:p

OK?

RattlerDude
11-20-2007, 09:56 PM
So is he ready to go or not? Does anyone know for sure?

Buff4Eternity
11-20-2007, 10:02 PM
They had to Amputate... So he is still Day to Day.

j_dog
11-20-2007, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Buff4Eternity
They had to Amputate... So he is still Day to Day.
then that just means they will use him as a decoy. :cool:

wos, do not be fooled. ;)

gobbler grad
11-20-2007, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
What everyone is forgetting is that Giddings is NOT a one man team. tsk, tsk...

Let's not speculate on players injuries. Remember they are just kids! they're not a one man team, they just can't play without this one man...:thinking:

Buff4Eternity
11-20-2007, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by j_dog
then that just means they will use him as a decoy. :cool:

wos, do not be fooled. ;)

Your right even while hoping on one leg he runs a 4.6. Its just harder for him to cut upfield.

Crimestick
11-21-2007, 12:06 AM
*YAWN*
Whoever plays plays. I'm hoping it's him, since taking him out changes focus. Fortunately, we have the best DC in the state getting the Mustangs ready.

setxsports
11-21-2007, 12:40 AM
WOS has practiced all week for Fitzhenry playing!!!:cool:

Tiger Turtle
11-21-2007, 08:35 AM
Is the backup QB out for a half as was previously reported? That kid was pretty good and was definitely a better passer than Fitzhenry from what I saw at the first round game.

Darren
11-21-2007, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by Crimestick
*YAWN*
Whoever plays plays. I'm hoping it's him, since taking him out changes focus. Fortunately, we have the best DC in the state getting the Mustangs ready.

Crimestick.... Good to hear from you again.

GUNHO
11-21-2007, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by RattlerDude
So is he ready to go or not? Does anyone know for sure?

This is so funny.You would think it was a national secreat the giddings people are trying to protect.If he plays or dosen't wo-s will be ready regardless.

I would like to see him play though because he has brought this team to this point and it would be ashame if he were unable to continue.

buff4ever
11-21-2007, 10:24 AM
There is no secret, I believe it has been said, and is common sense that it is only Wednesday morning and he is probably receiving treatments everyday since last friday. The coaches are probably not even sure untill they see him today to see how he is reacting to the treatments. Tomorrow will tell more, and friday the game time decision will tell all. There is no secrets that he will not be 100%, and that giddings has probably prepared all week for Locke to be the qb.

With a week of practice at qb and his athletic ability, and what he has shown he can do in the past will keep the offense very effective.

This game will still be decided by defense. 21 points will be enough to win for either team I think.

tam
11-22-2007, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by buff4ever
There is no secret, I believe it has been said, and is common sense that it is only Wednesday morning and he is probably receiving treatments everyday since last friday. The coaches are probably not even sure untill they see him today to see how he is reacting to the treatments. Tomorrow will tell more, and friday the game time decision will tell all. There is no secrets that he will not be 100%, and that giddings has probably prepared all week for Locke to be the qb.

With a week of practice at qb and his athletic ability, and what he has shown he can do in the past will keep the offense very effective.

This game will still be decided by defense. 21 points will be enough to win for either team I think.

Is Locke the starting CB and how much does Fitzhenry usually play at DB?

1st and goal
11-22-2007, 09:01 AM
[i]This game will still be decided by defense. 21 points will be enough to win for either team I think. [/B]

I first have to feel for Brock, playing hard for all these years only to get hurt at the worst possible time. I think he deserves much applause for all of his accomplishments and not the crap that he gets from the jealous naysayers. He knows he's not a one man show. Come watch for yourselves. He does get pancake blocks and he can pick his way thru a maze. I look forward to his UT efforts.

The Buffs defense is awesome and well coached. They can and will hold their end of the deal up and more. They will be in the O's backfield about as fast as the ball gets hiked back there.

The offense is awesome too and will make adjustments to show that it is more than a "one man show". They too can make big gains from over-pursuit ( and under pursuit).

I know that this will be a great game. I hope and pray that it is injury free for all players and that the best team wins. Lets also hope that the refs are truly neutral and call a fair game keeping the tempers from flaring.

gobbler84
11-22-2007, 09:38 AM

There is no Giddings passing game... Fitzhenry has passed 15 times this season... Thats about 2.3 times per game... Giddings can't win without him... He's one of the best athletes in a all of high school football today...

buff4ever
11-22-2007, 10:03 AM
Gobbler84, this was a bold statement for someone who doesn't know what he is talking about.

Brock is one of the best athletes in high school football. But that alone doesn't make a team good, this team has talent across the board. Brock has thrown for a couple of TD passes this year, and w/ Locke they have more of a passing game yet. Defense wins championships and this game will prove that point.

scotty
11-22-2007, 10:13 AM
I had the good fortune of seeing Fitzhenry play only several times and he is just amazing. I saw great players through the years, but he ranks right up there with the best high school players I've ever seen and I saw Dickerson, the Koys, Fred Smith, the Schobels and many more great high school football players. They are all a bit different, but Fitzhenry ranks right up there with the best. I just hope the Giddings fans understand how lucky they were to have had the good fortune of watching someone so gifted all those years. And hopefully they can watch him again Friday night.

Old Tiger
11-22-2007, 10:14 AM
I think Dock is slighty better.

ronwx5x
11-22-2007, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by gobbler84
There is no Giddings passing game... Fitzhenry has passed 15 times this season... Thats about 2.3 times per game... Giddings can't win without him... He's one of the best athletes in a all of high school football today...
If he can't pass, how is it that Giddings can't win without him? They won last week against Sealy and did not have him for the entire second half. So far, they haven't needed to pass, but Locke has proven he can pass if necessary (if he avoids being ejected). Not making a lot of sense to me here.

JT44
11-22-2007, 11:31 AM
Gobbler84, this was a bold statement for someone who doesn't know what he is talking about.

Brock is one of the best athletes in high school football. But that alone doesn't make a team good, this team has talent across the board. Brock has thrown for a couple of TD passes this year, and w/ Locke they have more of a passing game yet. Defense wins championships and this game will prove that point.

I think Gobbler84 knows a thing or two about football!!!!

Besides, it's a message board and bold statement are made on every other post

setxsports
11-22-2007, 11:47 AM
What's the latest with Fitz???????

Johnny Utah
11-22-2007, 11:59 AM
Is Coach Locke's son the backup QB???

j_dog
11-22-2007, 11:59 AM
As someone posted before, it will be a gametime decision, surely.

Here's hoping that he is at 100%. :) And may the best team win.

Go Stangs. :)

44INAROW
11-22-2007, 12:21 PM

little do you know......but I won't stoop to your level........

LH Panther Mom
11-22-2007, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by JT44
Besides, it's a message board and bold statement are made on every other post
Surely you jest!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

JT44
11-22-2007, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

bold, idiotic, ridiculous, just dumb posts i guess is what i should've said

Darren
11-23-2007, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
Is Coach Locke's son the backup QB???

Yep

Darren
11-23-2007, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
I think Dock is slighty better.

Even though I think that both players are great High school players....

I would have to agree with that statement.

scotty
11-23-2007, 02:06 PM
I thought that Giddings' #91 was one of the best players on the field, an awesome defensive player. Heard he plays like that all the time. Believe Giddings will have to have a lot of that type of play to stay with WOS tonight.

HEMOTOXIC
11-23-2007, 02:15 PM
Aight Buffs, it's time to show everyone why you are ranked #1 and why you are undefeated.

Beat WOS!

charlesrixey
11-23-2007, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

i thought this was a grey's anatomy fan board?

GreenMachine
11-23-2007, 03:16 PM
So IF ya'll lose and ya'll are not a one man team, don't come back with any "but if's". I'm sure Brock is great, I never had the pleasure of seeing him play... may still possibly. AND, saying Gobbler 84 doesn't know what he is talking about is absurd :rolleyes:

1st and goal
11-23-2007, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
So IF ya'll lose and ya'll are not a one man team, don't come back with any "but if's". I'm sure Brock is great, I never had the pleasure of seeing him play... may still possibly. AND, saying Gobbler 84 doesn't know what he is talking about is absurd :rolleyes:

If we win or lose, it will be a team effort or the refs efforts. Who are you to tell us we can't have any but if's. There might have been some Cuero "but if's" after your losses. I haven't looked at the old threads...

Gobbler 84 does know what he means, I just think Buff4ever read it the wrong way.

I just pray for a safe, injury free, fair game for both sides.