PDA

View Full Version : NL Mvp

Maroon87
11-20-2007, 02:44 PM
Jimmy Rollins over Matt Holliday? Are you kidding?

buff4life
11-20-2007, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87

more voters in the New England region and not enough out west...complete joke though

bigron15
11-20-2007, 02:47 PM
other than jimmy rollins, who got that team goin? nobody. he jump started that team. ryan howard got going because of jimmy rollins.

Bellville22
11-20-2007, 03:25 PM
Jimmy Rollins certainly would have received my vote. Amazing year!

crzyjournalist03
11-20-2007, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
more voters in the New England region and not enough out west...complete joke though

there are two voters per city in the NL...so there's not really a bias unless you feel that the location of the majority of teams hindered the voting against Holliday.

GWOOD
11-20-2007, 03:43 PM
ESPN was reporting all morning that it would surely be Matt Holliday.

buff4life
11-20-2007, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Bellville22
Jimmy Rollins certainly would have received my vote. Amazing year!

except when people even have the opinion that there could be three MVP candidates on one team as i heard from someone it means that none of them deserve to be singled out...Holliday was the MVP of his team and the league...

g$$
11-20-2007, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87

Rollins is a fine player, but Holliday was robbed. It comes down to East Coast voting & the Philly guy carried it. Shame on them.

Agree with you!

bigron15
11-20-2007, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Rollins is a fine player, but Holliday was robbed. It comes down to East Coast voting & the Philly guy carried it. Shame on them.

Agree with you!

i think that Rollins was the Most Valuble Player on his team and if he wasnt on that team then the team wouldnt have even come close to the playoffs

g$$
11-20-2007, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by bigron15
i think that Rollins was the Most Valuble Player on his team and if he wasnt on that team then the team wouldnt have even come close to the playoffs

That still doesn't make him the MVP of the NL. Check Holliday's #s & get back with me. Holliday has sick #s home & away, plus his team lost in the WS too. Voting is done before the playoffs anyway though. Rollins is a very good player, just not the NL MVP this year.

bigron15
11-20-2007, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by g$$
That still doesn't make him the MVP of the NL. Check Holliday's #s & get back with me. Holliday has sick #s home & away, plus his team lost in the WS too. Voting is done before the playoffs anyway though. Rollins is a very good player, just not the NL MVP this year.

idk man...i agree with you though, holliday is a very good player but its not the best player in the league award...its the best player that the team could not do any good without

g$$
11-20-2007, 04:40 PM
idk man...i agree with you though, holliday is a very good player but its not the best player in the league award...its the best player that the team could not do any good without

So using that analogy, where is Colorado without Holliday? Sure not in the playoffs let alone the WS.

bigron15
11-20-2007, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by g$$
So using that analogy, where is Colorado without Holliday? Sure not in the playoffs let alone the WS.

i think they are in better shape than the phillies

kepdawg
11-20-2007, 04:48 PM
i think they are in better shape than the phillies

:crazy:

bigron15
11-20-2007, 04:51 PM
rockies have tulowitski(sp?), helton, and a crap load of young talent that gets them through games...rollins is the only one that cranks up the phillies

eagles_victory
11-20-2007, 04:55 PM
rockies have tulowitski(sp?), helton, and a crap load of young talent that gets them through games...rollins is the only one that cranks up the phillies You take Matt Holiday off that team there is no way they are in the playoffs. The guy led the NL in average and RBI's I believe. He led the Rockies to an unthinkable come back to make the playoffs. While the Phillies made a great comeback it was more bc of the Mets chocking at the end of the year. I would of thought Holiday would of won it close to unanimously. The writers definitely got this one wrong imo.

When A-Rod didnt win it unanimously in the AL with his great season you knew that some bias existed somewhere in that vote as well

kepdawg
11-20-2007, 05:00 PM
rockies have tulowitski(sp?), helton, and a crap load of young talent that gets them through games...rollins is the only one that cranks up the phillies

The 2006 NL MVP is a slouch.

Phillies 2B is a horrible hitter.

And nobody wants the CF!

g$$
11-20-2007, 05:06 PM

UH, no. Ever heard of All Stars Chase Utley & Ryan Howard among others? CF Aaron Rowand too was an All Star. Utley is the best hitting 2B in the league. Not a valid argument. Rockies are young & Holliday is their best player by far. Helton is way past his prime.

Holliday was robed IMO.

g$$
11-20-2007, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
The 2006 NL MVP is a slouch.

Phillies 2B is a horrible hitter.

And nobody wants the CF!

Surely you're kidding. Howard, Utley, & Rowand can all play & play well. All Stars for a reason buddy.

Watch the new deal Rowand signs & tell me nobody wants him.

bigron15
11-20-2007, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by g$$
UH, no. Ever heard of All Stars Chase Utley & Ryan Howard among others? CF Aaron Rowand too was an All Star. Utley is the best hitting 2B in the league. Not a valid argument. Rockies are young & Holliday is their best player by far. Helton is way past his prime.

Holliday was robed IMO.

lol i thought holliday would get it too...i just wanted to argue :D he was my favorite player on the rockies this year

kepdawg
11-20-2007, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Surely you're kidding. Howard, Utley, & Rowand can all play & play well. All Stars for a reason buddy.

Watch the new deal Rowand signs & tell me nobody wants him.

Surely, I haven't done anything on this thread to suggest I am kidding!

necks
11-20-2007, 09:32 PM
This is another case of east coast media bias....Matt we all know you are the real MVP!!!

zebrablue2
11-20-2007, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by necks
This is another case of east coast media bias....Matt we all know you are the real MVP!!!

agreed. the numbers were not even close. BA. RBI. HR. Matt was the clear cut winner.