PDA

View Full Version : Aggies vs. longhorns

JJ7997
11-20-2007, 12:32 PM
Let the inevitable get underway. Who do you think takes this one ?

I say the Aggies are going to surprise the horns and win by ten.

Win despite Fran. Keep it clean please !

pirate4state
11-20-2007, 12:35 PM
Why would it be a surprise? I think playing at home the Aggies SHOULD be favored.

Maroon87
11-20-2007, 12:37 PM
The Horns have become the team that won't die. I think they take this one.

buff4ever
11-20-2007, 12:46 PM
Aggies by 3.

big daddy russ
11-20-2007, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
The Horns have become the team that won't die. I think they take this one.
I agree. Lame duck coaches never finish well.

JJ7997
11-20-2007, 12:54 PM
If your going to vote explain it ! :mad: :mad: :mad:

JasperDog94
11-20-2007, 01:02 PM
I'll take the Horns in this one....big surprise.:D

TMer25
11-20-2007, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
I agree. Lame duck coaches never finish well.

I agree with that and I also think Texas will build off of the win over Tech.

CheerMom
11-20-2007, 01:30 PM
Gotta go with my Ags...:D

Phil C
11-20-2007, 01:44 PM
I think UT will win this year since I won't be at the game.

:)

sotex
11-20-2007, 01:47 PM
Longhorns offense will be too much for the ags d.

HOOK 'EM HORNS

3afan
11-20-2007, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Why would it be a surprise? I think playing at home the Aggies SHOULD be favored.

should be, but they're not

buff4life
11-20-2007, 01:50 PM
Longhorns find ways to win...Colt is playing much better and the Ags aren't...

the Home advantage of Kyle field is not as feared as it once was by looking at the recent home record for the ags...I see Texas by double digits...

crzyjournalist03
11-20-2007, 01:55 PM
The question in the poll is not mutually exclusive...even if the Aggies win, Texas still keeps their Big XII hopes alive if OU loses to OSU.

King_LeYoeNidas
11-20-2007, 01:59 PM
Longhorns win big. Ags just don't have it this year. Texas dominates and Jamaal Charles runs wild.

CowboyBillWatts
11-20-2007, 02:02 PM
Horns by 10! Poor aggies!

JJ7997
11-20-2007, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by King_LeYoeNidas
Longhorns win big. Ags just don't have it this year. Texas dominates and Jamaal Charles runs wild.

Who has texas dominated this year besides Iowa State ?

The horns are still not a juggernaut by any means. Charles will fumble at least twice.

DDBooger
11-20-2007, 02:34 PM
how many quality wins do the aggies have?
to tell you the truth i haven't kept up with who they've played

Darren
11-20-2007, 02:36 PM
I have had a feeling for the past couple of weeks that A&M was going to pull it out.

This feeling hasn't been widely accepted on this site but i'm sticking with the prediction.

Aggies win in a tight game.

buff4life
11-20-2007, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by JJ7997
Who has texas dominated this year besides Iowa State ?

The horns are still not a juggernaut by any means. Charles will fumble at least twice.

How many games have the Ags dominated? 0

You can add rice to that list too

JHS_c/o_06'
11-20-2007, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
how many quality wins do the aggies have?

for that matter....how many wins do they have period?

Texas might not be a super power....but they keep pulling it out of their butts. I honestly didn't think they would win against Tech. Horns take it BIG. And there will be no witty way to arrange the hands of a clock to show how bad the aggies will get beat.

buff4life
11-20-2007, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by buff4life

I would say the Rice game was pretty dominating too...

11TARPON
11-20-2007, 02:48 PM
The Longhorns 31- 17. Mcgee throws more passes to the sidelines and out of bounds than to his receivers.

DDBooger
11-20-2007, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by JHS_c/o_06'

Texas might not be a super power....but they keep pulling it out of their butts. I honestly didn't think they would win against Tech. Horns take it BIG. And there will be no witty way to arrange the hands of a clock to show how bad the aggies will get beat. see but saying that either makes you a hypocritical ut fan or t-shirt fan! no winning for the orange and white ;) haha

personally im all for anything from the state of texas...do i find the a&m students and alum a bit brainwashed bordering on cultish,
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m135/photoclown/heavensgate.jpg
slightly, but hey, until they all cut their nads off,
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c268/FCarrejo/squeeze_ags.jpg
and wait for the next comet i'll reserve judgement :) haha
for all you SERIOUS aggies, i joke! this is a great week for football :D

JHS_c/o_06'
11-20-2007, 03:28 PM
what are they doing in that picture? lol

JJ7997
11-20-2007, 03:45 PM
Thats certainly disturbing, but that has no bearing on the upcoming game. I did not start this thread with any intentions of bashing texas and would appreciate it if this could just somehow pull through as one of the very few A&M/texas threads that does not get locked.

JHS_c/o_06'
11-20-2007, 03:52 PM
well i won't add anymore to it......but you know thats where its going. You can't avoid it.....every year we start off civil, but it gets rough right before the game.....and then it gets REAL bad after the game and the downlow gets shut down for a week.

it's science

JJ7997
11-20-2007, 04:00 PM

it's science

If only everything else in life were as predictable, huh ?

pirate4state
11-20-2007, 04:02 PM
well i won't add anymore to it......but you know thats where its going. You can't avoid it.....every year we start off civil, but it gets rough right before the game.....and then it gets REAL bad after the game and the downlow gets shut down for a week.

it's science

LOL "it's science" :D

i'm actually surprised it's taken THIS long to get the thread going. that could be a good sign. or a sign that both teams just aren't very good this year. :thinking:

JJ7997
11-20-2007, 04:07 PM
both teams just aren't very good this year. :thinking:

Ding Ding, I think we have a winner !

11TARPON
11-20-2007, 04:08 PM
LOL "it's science" :D

i'm actually surprised it's taken THIS long to get the thread going. that could be a good sign. or a sign that both teams just aren't very good this year. :thinking:
The Longhorns aren't great this year but I'll agree that "one" of the teams isn't very good this year.

g$$
11-20-2007, 04:17 PM

You can add rice to that list too

Uh buddy, A&M has NOT played Rice but Texas did (& won). Might want to check a schedule before popping off. A&M did dominate NEB in Lincoln (36-14) & Texas escaped NEB in Austin. Texas has ZERO quality wins & A&M is just not very good. Fran is gone regardless of outcome. Then the rebirth can begin hopefully.

A&M wins: Montana St., UL Monroe, Fresno St., Ok State, NEB, Baylor

A&M losses: Miami, Tech, OU, Kansas, Mizzou

6-5 overall, 3-4 in league play

Texas has played better lately, esp. on offense but defense has been torched all year except for Rice & Iowa State. Texas was dominated by mediocre Kansas State & also lost to OU. Narrow wins over NEB, Central Florida, Ark State, OK State, & Tech. I expect a close game due to rivalry & pride aspects. Texas is the better team slightly, but you never know in these games (i.e. last year 12-7 Ags in upset). If A&M can run the ball & control the clock like last year, it could happen.

I say Texas wins a close one & A&M hires new HC next week. Spurrier rumor is gaining steam. Don't discount it either. May the best team win & everyone enjoy the state's 2 biggest schools going at it Friday @ 2:30PM.

JJ7997
11-20-2007, 09:56 PM
Spurrier would bring the energy we need to College Station. I just hope whoever it is can turn things around. This season turned out to be the one where beating Texas is all we have left.

zebrablue2
11-20-2007, 10:02 PM
I voted that the horns would win, ags have been going south at a steady clip. I however will be pulling for my aggies.

JDOG
11-20-2007, 10:26 PM
Texas 33
Aggies 24

A&M will come to play and give a great effort for Frans last game. Luckily I think Texas has some motivation of their own this year and won't get caught sleepwalking. The key is if Fran runs Javorskie and he has sucess, the Aggies have a chance.

Antec
11-20-2007, 10:39 PM
Horns will bounce back from last year's embarassing loss

They could play the game in Dime Box or Snook and still win.

Diocletian
11-20-2007, 11:08 PM
JC fumbles 5 times and Colt throws 4 int

and the Horns still win by 10!!!

orangeblood
11-20-2007, 11:23 PM
The only thing the HORNS need to do is play like it's the national Championship game... Because those poor aggies play like that everytime they play the Horns, Aggies haven't won a national championship since 38 and it will probably be 2038 before they win another..... I actually have Aggie friends that would trade a National Title just to beat the Horns.... I ask myself WHY?????
Longhorns win big....... Colt appears to be healthy this year......

JR2004
11-21-2007, 12:05 AM
Well the game comes down to Colt Applewhite and Bucky McGee in my opinion. I think Colt outplays his counterpart and UT wins by a 6-8 point margin.

kaorder1999
11-21-2007, 12:06 AM
i have to go with Texas in this one

TexanAlum_06
11-21-2007, 12:33 AM
This season turned out to be the one where beating Texas is all we have left.

THAT reason right there is why I think this game will be close. becasue that has been the reason for a long time in aggieland. You can bet we will get down early due to the crowd and ATM playing spirited football with the " Lets win this one for the gipper and be heroes today " attitude BUT IF/WHEN texas gets rolling and takes the crowd out of the game and IF/WHEN the aggies let their luster cool down we will start to take over and pull away in the 2nd half. I know it alwaz does but i will say it anyway. Turnovers and big plays for the aggies will be a slit to the throat for the horns, It will get the crowd going which will keep the players motivated. I saw it happen before my eyes a couple of years ago when OU was upset at kyle field. But anyway enough ranting on my theories, This game could easily be a romp in the longhorns favor if we come and take the lead and never look back like last week but it could easily get nasty for us if we come out and play lathargicly like we have done too many times this year. Texas has been playing better here of late but they have not gained my full trust that they will play 4 full qaurters on a consistent basis. Will their luck run out this friday? who knows, its to close to tell. but for now Im gonna say 31-24 Longhorns.

g$$
11-21-2007, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by orangeblood
The only thing the HORNS need to do is play like it's the national Championship game... Because those poor aggies play like that everytime they play the Horns, Aggies haven't won a national championship since 38 and it will probably be 2038 before they win another..... I actually have Aggie friends that would trade a National Title just to beat the Horns.... I ask myself WHY?????
Longhorns win big....... Colt appears to be healthy this year......

No Aggie I know thinks that way. NONE, & I know a whole bunch, including myself. And A&M won the NC in 1939 & almost in 1940 (not 1938). Granted long drought, but Texas went from 1970 until 2005 too.

buff4life
11-21-2007, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Uh buddy, A&M has NOT played Rice but Texas did (& won). Might want to check a schedule before popping off. A&M did dominate NEB in Lincoln (36-14) & Texas escaped NEB in Austin. Texas has ZERO quality wins & A&M is just not very good. Fran is gone regardless of outcome. Then the rebirth can begin hopefully.

A&M wins: Montana St., UL Monroe, Fresno St., Ok State, NEB, Baylor

A&M losses: Miami, Tech, OU, Kansas, Mizzou

6-5 overall, 3-4 in league play

Texas has played better lately, esp. on offense but defense has been torched all year except for Rice & Iowa State. Texas was dominated by mediocre Kansas State & also lost to OU. Narrow wins over NEB, Central Florida, Ark State, OK State, & Tech. I expect a close game due to rivalry & pride aspects. Texas is the better team slightly, but you never know in these games (i.e. last year 12-7 Ags in upset). If A&M can run the ball & control the clock like last year, it could happen.

I say Texas wins a close one & A&M hires new HC next week. Spurrier rumor is gaining steam. Don't discount it either. May the best team win & everyone enjoy the state's 2 biggest schools going at it Friday @ 2:30PM.

you might want to read my posts before you TRY to punk me..it was two separate statements indicated by the ENTER...i asked the question of how many the ags had one and that you could add Rice to the list of teams Texas dominated...that sentence didn't even make sense if i would have applied it to the Ags...geez nice try though

buff4life
11-21-2007, 03:08 AM
Originally posted by g$$
No Aggie I know thinks that way. NONE, & I know a whole bunch, including myself. And A&M won the NC in 1939 & almost in 1940 (not 1938). Granted long drought, but Texas went from 1970 until 2005 too.
70 years is a lot different than 35...

BobcatBenny
11-21-2007, 03:14 AM
Celina wins this game in a rout! :eek:

What were we voting for? Hmmmm . . . :confused:

SNYDER325TIGERS
11-21-2007, 03:21 AM
Aggies wont win this game for sure

Gontex
11-21-2007, 07:54 AM
I think the Horns will take it, but it won't be easy. Is anything easy for the Horns these days? Too much McCoy, Charles, and a myriad of receivers. I am still hoping to be there.

g$$
11-22-2007, 05:49 AM
70 years is a lot different than 35...

Your wording stinks then concerning Rice, but nice try too. And I can do the math - point was the same. Never said A&M has been in the hunt lately. Reading is a wonderful thing Buff.

g$$
11-22-2007, 05:55 AM
Originally posted by g$$

"Granted long drought, but Texas went from 1970 until 2005 too."

What part of long drought confuses you Buff?

piratebg
11-22-2007, 07:36 AM
Horns by 13

Hook Em :cool:

Old Tiger
11-22-2007, 10:10 AM
Come from behind and close wins are what shows a character of a team and how charismatic they are.

Horns 31
A&M 14

TMer25
11-22-2007, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by g$$

Texas has played better lately, esp. on offense but defense has been torched all year except for Rice & Iowa State. Texas was dominated by mediocre Kansas State & also lost to OU. Narrow wins over NEB, Central Florida, Ark State, OK State, & Tech.

Texas was up 24 in the 4th on Tech. Don't think that one was a narrow win.

JJ7997
11-22-2007, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by TMer25
Texas was up 24 in the 4th on Tech. Don't think that one was a narrow win. Tech just cant beat texas under any circumstances, so you really cant draw comparisons from it. Much like Okie State couldnt beat texas if they were up by 50 in the 4th.

grizz53
11-22-2007, 12:17 PM
I just love all you idiot t.u. fans, no matter how bad your team is you still think that y'all are gods and noone has a chance.

Old Tiger
11-22-2007, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by grizz53
I just love all you idiot t.u. fans, no matter how bad your team is you still think that y'all are gods and noone has a chance. :clap: :clap: :clap: :eek: :eek: :eek: :nerd:

Bad and 9-2...gotta love that.

JJ7997
11-22-2007, 01:03 PM
Uh oh, here we go ...

JHS_c/o_06'
11-22-2007, 01:47 PM
YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE.......YOU IN THE JUNGLE BABY.....WAKE UP

it begins

LordInfamous
11-22-2007, 01:55 PM
oh come on guys!
Texas by 28.

Texas should load all 11 players on the box and M&A still wont complete a pass.

http://www.rivalwear.com/ProductImages/mini-Rivalwear.Saw'EmOff..jpg

JJ7997
11-22-2007, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by LordInfamous
oh come on guys!
Texas by 28.

Original....:rolleyes:

LordInfamous
11-22-2007, 01:58 PM
this is
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f258/hpirates14/untitled-1.jpg

JJ7997
11-22-2007, 02:17 PM
Thats just wrong.

Oh well, its funny even to this Aggie.

g$$
11-22-2007, 09:26 PM
Texas was up 24 in the 4th on Tech. Don't think that one was a narrow win.

Closer than final score, give Texas credit for winning. But Tech failed to score on drive when they went on 4th down after getting inside 15, & never recovered. Lost a challenge (iffy) & lost 2 scores to penalties (correctly called). Point is still the same. Texas has ZERO quality wins on year.

Texas' D gave up 43 points - not exactly vaunted this year. It has been a problem all year, esp. pass defense. NEB, Ark State, & Central Florida gave Texas all they wanted so enough said.

g$$
11-22-2007, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by LordInfamous
oh come on guys!
Texas by 28.

Is that (M&A) a lame response to tu reference? Lots of deep thought went into that one!

Big Papa
11-22-2007, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Is that (M&A) a lame response to tu reference? Lots of deep thought went into that one!

as i suppose went into the tu one too....stupid response for a stupit reference

TMer25
11-22-2007, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Closer than final score, give Texas credit for winning. But Tech failed to score on drive when they went on 4th down after getting inside 15, & never recovered. Lost a challenge (iffy) & lost 2 scores to penalties (correctly called). Point is still the same. Texas has ZERO quality wins on year.

Texas' D gave up 43 points - not exactly vaunted this year. It has been a problem all year, esp. pass defense. NEB, Ark State, & Central Florida gave Texas all they wanted so enough said.

I'll have to disagree with you on the Tech game. I agree UT doesn't have any quality wins, but they did whatever they wanted in the Tech game offensively and pretty much controlled it throughout. Texas kept the lead in double digits throughout the second half. That just doesn't seem like a narrow win to me.

Big Papa
11-22-2007, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by g$$

so tech beats osu and ou...and texas beats tech...and its not a quality win.

g$$
11-22-2007, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Big Papa
as i suppose went into the tu one too....stupid response for a stupit reference

You haven't heard that from me, except above to make a point. Aggies say that because A&M was founded in 1876, while UT was 1883. Some will argue semantics on this having to do with the Legislature. It has to do with the "THE" at the beginning Horns like to talk about constantly. I find both stupid.

Big Papa
11-22-2007, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by g$$
You haven't heard that from me, except above to make a point. Aggies say that because A&M was founded in 1876, while UT was 1883. Some will argue semantics on this having to do with the Legislature. It has to do with the "THE" at the beginning Horns like to talk about constantly. I find both stupid.

as do i...and although i quoted you...it wasnt directed at you if dont use it... defensive much ( thats waht you say right)

g$$
11-22-2007, 09:47 PM

Is Tech ranked @ 8-4 in 3rd place in Big 12 South? NO, end of story. You tell me who Texas has beaten worth a darn. TCU proved avg., now 6-5, so tell me.

ZERO quality wins on season by any measurable & objective source. Body of work says so.

JJ7997
11-22-2007, 09:49 PM
This has got to be some kind of record for a thread of this subject existing this long and not being locked ! Keep up the good work people !

g$$
11-22-2007, 09:49 PM
I'll have to disagree with you on the Tech game. I agree UT doesn't have any quality wins, but they did whatever they wanted in the Tech game offensively and pretty much controlled it throughout. Texas kept the lead in double digits throughout the second half. That just doesn't seem like a narrow win to me.

Tech did whatever they wanted too. We can argue scores all day, but when you give up 43 at home, I'm not bragging about it. 59-43 final. That's 2 scores (16 pts.) right?

g$$
11-22-2007, 09:51 PM
as do i...and although i quoted you...it wasnt directed at you if dont use it... defensive much ( thats waht you say right)

Since I don't use the reference, no I am not. But I will defend myself when asked about it.

Big Papa
11-22-2007, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Is Tech ranked @ 8-4 in 3rd place in Big 12 South? NO, end of story. You tell me who Texas has beaten worth a darn. TCU proved avg., now 6-5, so tell me.

ZERO quality wins on season by any measurable & objective source. Body of work says so.

haha...ur so objective urself....i was just goin by other games where tech had a "quality win" against a good team...granted without their qb...then UTs big win against tech was worth something...and besides are you qualifying a quality win as a blow out win over a no good team...because by your theory i suppose texas's only quality win could've come agains OU...a game in which texas played well

JJ7997
11-22-2007, 09:52 PM
The one thing that aggravates me the most is in texas' games against obviously outmatched competition, it took the opposing teams pulling monumental choke jobs like Nebraska and Okie State did for texas to come out on top. Just think, if teams could just finish, texas would have a record like Baylors right now.

g$$
11-22-2007, 09:53 PM

Wrong - Tech did NOT beat OK State. 49-45 Final for the Cowboys. Crabtree dropped the winning score for Tech.

Beating an unranked team is not a quality win. You're supposed to do that esp. at home.

Big Papa
11-22-2007, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Since I don't use the reference, no I am not. But I will defend myself when asked about it.

i just didnt know why you were defending yourself...since you had nothing to be defensive about...

and you dont have to defend when asked...its ok to just answer sometimes

Big Papa
11-22-2007, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Wrong - Tech did NOT beat OK State. 49-45 Final for the Cowboys. Crabtree dropped the winning score for Tech.

Beating an unranked team is not a quality win. You're supposed to do that esp. at home.

my bad i was confusing OSU with A&M... and that wouldnt be a quality win for tech...scratch that

g$$
11-22-2007, 09:56 PM
...ur so objective urself....

Thank you, & I challenge you to find something I have ever posted not based in fact or knowledge. If it is my opinion, I say so. You may not agree, which is fine, but that does not make me any less objective.

g$$
11-22-2007, 09:58 PM
my bad i was confusing OSU with A&M... and that wouldnt be a quality win for tech...scratch that

I agree, nor would Texas beating unranked Tech in Austin. Doesn't work that way.

Still waiting on 1 quality win for Texas....

Big Papa
11-22-2007, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Thank you, & I challenge you to find something I have ever posted not based in fact or knowledge. If it is my opinion, I say so. You may not agree, which is fine, but that does not make me any less objective.

im guessing knowledge=common excepted knowledge....

and by the way..its awful hard to be exactly objective when you alma mater is involved....wait wait.. im hearing your saying A&M isnt good at all and you never said they were...

TMer25
11-22-2007, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Tech did whatever they wanted too. We can argue scores all day, but when you give up 43 at home, I'm not bragging about it. 59-43 final. That's 2 scores (16 pts.) right?

59-35 with a minute left when Crabtree scored on the backups. Nowhere was I bragging about it. I just don't see a game where one team keeps the lead in double digits the whole second half, and then stretches it into the twenties in the 4th, as having a narrow win.

Big Papa
11-22-2007, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by g$$
I agree, nor would Texas beating unranked Tech in Austin. Doesn't work that way.

Still waiting on 1 quality win for Texas....

you missed what i was trying to say....Texas has lost twice...so has Oklahoma... so with texas schedule they have had this year...they have only not taken care of business twice...the other times they won.... so i would happen to call those quality WINS...because they were just that WINS...and thats all they had to do

g$$
11-22-2007, 10:07 PM
im guessing knowledge=common excepted knowledge....

and by the way..its awful hard to be exactly objective when you alma mater is involved....wait wait.. im hearing your saying A&M isnt good at all and you never said they were...

What is "commom excepted knowledge"? Maybe commonly accepted knowledge?

Anyway, I have said from way back A&M was not good. Also said before the year Fran would be fired at season's end. Also said schedule would be their undoing. Look it up. I always call a spade a spade. Look that up too.

DDBooger
11-22-2007, 10:07 PM
you missed what i was trying to say....Texas has lost twice...so has Oklahoma... so with texas schedule they have had this year...they have only not taken care of business twice...the other times they won.... so i would happen to call those quality WINS...because they were just that WINS...and thats all they had to do if Texas wins tommorrow they'll still have 0 quality wins LOL UT just cant catch a break ;)

Big Papa
11-22-2007, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by g$$
What is "commom excepted knowledge"? Maybe commonly accepted knowledge?

Anyway, I have said from way back A&M was not good. Also said before the year Fran would be fired at season's end. Also said schedule would be their undoing. Look it up. I always call a spade a spade. Look that up too.

oh yeah thats what i meant...always have trouble with those two...

i know you said that...thats why i brought it up...because i was waitng for that response..

g$$
11-22-2007, 10:11 PM
you missed what i was trying to say....Texas has lost twice...so has Oklahoma... so with texas schedule they have had this year...they have only not taken care of business twice...the other times they won.... so i would happen to call those quality WINS...because they were just that WINS...and thats all they had to do

Getting a WIN is far different than a QUALITY WIN. Texas did not play a tough OOC schedule. TCU proved avg. Kansas St. drubbed Texas in Austin. NEB is awful & almost pulled the upset, as did Ark State, as did UCF. No one in their right mind can argue quality wins. Do you understand the criteria?

I don't see a KTJ or JDOG or someone knowledgeable like that arguing the case. They know the truth. You happen to be dead wrong.

g$$
11-22-2007, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
if Texas wins tommorrow they'll still have 0 quality wins LOL UT just cant catch a break ;)

True, but if they do advance to the Big 12 Title Game + a bowl, Texas will have their chance to do so. Beating unranked A&M at 6-5 does not qualify by any measurable source. Just a win over another Big 12 avg. team even on road.

JJ7997
11-22-2007, 10:24 PM
I'm confident that texas will lose tommorow.

Antec
11-22-2007, 10:26 PM
Your dreaming-Longhorns will win easy

g$$
11-22-2007, 10:26 PM
I'm confident that texas will lose tommorow.

Hope you're right!

g$$
11-22-2007, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by Antec

You said that last year too Antec! How did that turn out for you?

JJ7997
11-22-2007, 10:28 PM

Thats what a much better texas team thought last year in Austin. Oh, wait I cant go back like that can I ? :D

Old Tiger
11-22-2007, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Thank you, & I challenge you to find something I have ever posted not based in fact or knowledge. If it is my opinion, I say so. You may not agree, which is fine, but that does not make me any less objective. You just spin everything to make it in your favore just like you have done with the "modern era" crap. You have some kind of thing about posting stuff about UT yet when others post something about A&M you get defensive and start repeating your facts and just spin whatever the person provides you.

CueroDad2006
11-22-2007, 10:44 PM
Texas will win this one in 2nd half.
Longhorns 34 Aggies 24

JJ7997
11-22-2007, 10:48 PM
I dont think texas will ever even hold the lead in this one.

g$$
11-22-2007, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
You just spin everything to make it in your favore just like you have done with the "modern era" crap. You have some kind of thing about posting stuff about UT yet when others post something about A&M you get defensive and start repeating your facts and just spin whatever the person provides you.

Hit a nerve? If you think you can, try to prove anything I posted incorrect. I challenge you & If I am wrong, then I will buy you a new t-shirt. Not happening because I trust 100% what I posted.

Nothing but facts, whether you like them or not.

Old Tiger
11-22-2007, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Hit a nerve? If you think you can, try to prove anything I posted incorrect. I challenge you & If I am wrong, then I will buy you a new t-shirt. Not happening because I trust 100% what I posted.

Nothing but facts, whether you like them or not. I guess you missed the part where I said you repeat your facts that are spun into your favor. You are the one who is getting defensive in this situation because of the facts that I have provided you. Also you proved my theory correct and I thank you.

JJ7997
11-22-2007, 10:55 PM
Facts Schmacts..... Facts are overrated. :D

JR2004
11-22-2007, 11:07 PM
You just spin everything to make it in your favore just like you have done with the "modern era" crap. You have some kind of thing about posting stuff about UT yet when others post something about A&M you get defensive and start repeating your facts and just spin whatever the person provides you.

Well looks like ol Napoleon has gone on another "fact-filled" rant...lol. Maybe I should take it off ignore to see some other "facts" that I'm missing unless someone quotes it!

Txbroadcaster
11-22-2007, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
Well looks like ol Napoleon has gone on another "fact-filled" rant...lol. Maybe I should take it off ignore to see some other "facts" that I'm missing unless someone quotes it!

no need..basically one is saying blah blah blah Aggies win and the other is sayin nar nar nar Texas wins

JasperDog94
11-22-2007, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by grizz53
t.u. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

JR2004
11-22-2007, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
no need..basically one is saying blah blah blah Aggies win and the other is sayin nar nar nar Texas wins

Those circular arguments never really do seem to go anywhere.

g$$
11-22-2007, 11:15 PM

That's funny. If you think I am Napoleon, then you are Tiny Tim. That is humorous. Facts still bother you I see.

Blue: what facts did you provide? A vocabulary lesson on "parody"? Now that was funny too.

Old Tiger
11-22-2007, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by g$$

Blue: what facts did you provide? A vocabulary lesson on "parody"? Now that was funny too. What's funny is that you knew what I was talking about and your vocabulary lesson was your only defense in the argument. ;)

Txbroadcaster
11-22-2007, 11:24 PM
Those circular arguments never really do seem to go anywhere.

Would not be a big deal if they could talk about WHY one team wins over the other instead of who has a quality win or not..basically IMO this year with all upsets, a win is a win

JR2004
11-22-2007, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Would not be a big deal if they could talk about WHY one team wins over the other instead of who has a quality win or not..basically IMO this year with all upsets, a win is a win

Sounds about right. Any win this year is a good win with how things have unfolded.

Big Papa
11-23-2007, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Getting a WIN is far different than a QUALITY WIN. Texas did not play a tough OOC schedule. TCU proved avg. Kansas St. drubbed Texas in Austin. NEB is awful & almost pulled the upset, as did Ark State, as did UCF. No one in their right mind can argue quality wins. Do you understand the criteria?

I don't see a KTJ or JDOG or someone knowledgeable like that arguing the case. They know the truth. You happen to be dead wrong.

you missed my point again...lemme try again...no no...nevermind i wont try again....just to let you know though...i wasnt arguing quality wins on that one

g$$
11-23-2007, 12:30 AM
What's funny is that you knew what I was talking about and your vocabulary lesson was your only defense in the argument. ;)

It sure was funny. And I don't even know what argument you are referring to Blue.

pirate4state
11-23-2007, 12:37 AM
:speech: :helpme:

Don't yall get tired of this same argument?? :doh:

Big Papa
11-23-2007, 12:38 AM
:speech: :helpme:

Don't yall get tired of this same argument?? :doh:

of course p4s...i resent this argument :D

Txbroadcaster
11-23-2007, 12:40 AM
My prediction

A&M makes a couple of big plays in the first half and lead going into half 14-7

in the second half Texas wears down A&M D and win 24-21

Darren
11-23-2007, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by Darren
I have had a feeling for the past couple of weeks that A&M was going to pull it out.

This feeling hasn't been widely accepted on this site but i'm sticking with the prediction.

Phil C
11-23-2007, 10:21 AM
It should be a close game. Remember since it is obvious that Fran will be gone if the Aggie players have any respect at all for him (which they obviously do) they are going to be really motivated to play a good game.

rockdale80
11-23-2007, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by g$$

Nothing but facts, whether you like them or not.

I think everyone showed you were inaccurate in your assessment of the "modern era" of football starting exactly in 1975. People have posted links and researched it, and noone came up with 1975 being the year it all changed. You say that was not your opinion and it was fact, but you back it up with nothing but more opinion. You are trying to prove a moot point, so YOU should research it and prove us wrong. Or would that even be a possible feat? Even if a few broadcasters or sports writers say/write it, it is not fact. It is still someone's OPINION and there is not a 100% clear cut answer to when the modern era began. Your argument is flawed...spin it.

The first ten that came up if you "google it" lay claim that the modern era began in th 30's or the 50's. Are you talking about the year the modern era began in aggieland? That would make more sense and most would probably agree...

JJ7997
11-23-2007, 07:44 PM
I dont think texas will ever even hold the lead in this one.

Let the whining begin, but you cant say I didnt call this one. :D

Darren
11-23-2007, 07:49 PM

I hate to say I called it..... but I called it.

Darren
11-23-2007, 07:50 PM
Let the whining begin, but you cant say I didnt call this one. :D

Good call.:)

g$$
11-23-2007, 08:06 PM
I hate to say I called it..... but I called it.

Great call Darren. I thought it would be a close one but you predicted it all the way.

Goodson was difference, McGee finally got to show passing skills, & Wharton's Heard was dominant on D. Team played with reckless abandon & Fran let his hair down & played with guts. Play calling was outstanding & we held on to win.

Change is coming I know...Fran sure didn't hide it either. Buyout/dismissal has been agreed upon.

Great win for program...new coach has makings to do some good things. You can & should win at Texas A&M. In all sports...

For the record, since 1975 (1970s landmark legislation changed college football's landscape of course):

18 wins for A&M
15 wins for Texas

+ 2 in a row!

Tastes so sweet. Texas has been living on borrowed time all year. Still ZERO quality wins. Deal with it Horns & VY is not coming back!

TMer25
11-23-2007, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Great call Darren. I thought it would be a close one but you predicted it all the way.

Goodson was difference, McGee finally got to show passing skills, & Wharton's Heard was dominant on D. Team played with reckless abandon & Fran let his hair down & played with guts. Play calling was outstanding & we held on to win.

Change is coming I know...Fran sure didn't hide it either. Buyout/dismissal has been agreed upon.

Great win for program...new coach has makings to do some good things. You can & should win at Texas A&M. In all sports...

For the record, since 1975 (1970s landmark legislation changed college football's landscape of course):

18 wins for A&M
15 wins for Texas

+ 2 in a row!

Tastes so sweet. Texas has been living on borrowed time all year. Still ZERO quality wins. Deal with it Horns & VY is not coming back!

I don't think anyone expected Vince to be coming back, that whole going pro thing kind of ruined that. A&M outplayed us for the second year in a row. That's all that has to be said. Fran had a good gameplan and the team executed it. Dealing with it shouldn't be hard, I have alot of friends that went to A&M and I got to give them some good natured ribbing for a few years, and now they get to do it for a second year. It's a game, not life or death, so I don't see where dealing with it should be a problem. Congrats to the Aggies

29-3aFAN
11-23-2007, 08:27 PM
From some of the game that I watched, it looked like Kellen Heard was play like Albert Haynesworth of the Titans, blowing up the Oline. Who are some of the up and coming QBS for Texas? I am tired of Colt. He reminds me of Simms.

tigerpride_08
11-23-2007, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by 29-3aFAN
From some of the game that I watched, it looked like Kellen Heard was play like Albert Haynesworth of the Titans, blowing up the Oline. Who are some of the up and coming QBS for Texas? I am tired of Colt. He reminds me of Simms.

i'm waiting till they give John Chiles the chance....;)

g$$
11-23-2007, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
I think everyone showed you were inaccurate in your assessment of the "modern era" of football starting exactly in 1975. People have posted links and researched it, and noone came up with 1975 being the year it all changed. You say that was not your opinion and it was fact, but you back it up with nothing but more opinion. You are trying to prove a moot point, so YOU should research it and prove us wrong. Or would that even be a possible feat? Even if a few broadcasters or sports writers say/write it, it is not fact. It is still someone's OPINION and there is not a 100% clear cut answer to when the modern era began. Your argument is flawed...spin it.

The first ten that came up if you "google it" lay claim that the modern era began in th 30's or the 50's. Are you talking about the year the modern era began in aggieland? That would make more sense and most would probably agree...

Your lack of historical perspective shows. "Statistically speaking" is the dates you gave for record book purposes. Now when legislation changed college football forever, that is the 1970s. Deal with it.

Texas A&M leads 18-15 since 1975 vs. Texas.

g$$
11-23-2007, 09:17 PM
I don't think anyone expected Vince to be coming back, that whole going pro thing kind of ruined that. A&M outplayed us for the second year in a row. That's all that has to be said. Fran had a good gameplan and the team executed it. Dealing with it shouldn't be hard, I have alot of friends that went to A&M and I got to give them some good natured ribbing for a few years, and now they get to do it for a second year. It's a game, not life or death, so I don't see where dealing with it should be a problem. Congrats to the Aggies

You mean VY can't go pro & then come back to Texas? Some of those who drink his bath water will be disappointed. ;)

Seriously, classy post. I have family & friends on both sides too. Just tired of the "holier than thou" Texas talk on here by t-shirt fans for the most part. Looking forward to new coach & taking program to new heights. Like basketball & others have done...

g$$
11-23-2007, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by 29-3aFAN

That is sad & why some hate Horns' fans. Fickle & fairweather by nature, treat Texas like the pro team Austin does NOT have. Throwing Colt under the bus after 2 solid years, including a great freshman year...Texas had secondary & O-line issues all year. Ever thought about that affecting things? Injuries too. Wow, just wow.

Big Papa
11-23-2007, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Your lack of historical perspective shows. "Statistically speaking" is the dates you gave for record book purposes. Now when legislation changed college football forever, that is the 1970s. Deal with it.

i agree 1970s...correct...
Texas leads 20-18 since 1970 vs. Texas A&M...
(hey i can do it to...)

but seriously the Ags played great today...and should be very proud of what they did...they came out played harder, and with more intensity than UT... A&M couldve been scary if Fran had coached like that all year...Congrats to the Ags..

g$$
11-23-2007, 09:38 PM
i agree 1970s...correct...
Texas leads 20-18 since 1970 vs. Texas A&M...
(hey i can do it to...)

but seriously the Ags played great today...and should be very proud of what they did...they came out played harder, and with more intensity than UT... A&M couldve been scary if Fran had coached like that all year...Congrats to the Ags..

But the full effect of the changes did not take effect until later on in the 1970s (Title IX was 1972, etc.).

Anyway, classy post. Fun game.

Big Papa
11-23-2007, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by g$$
But the full effect of the changes did not take effect until later on in the 1970s (Title IX was 1972, etc.).

Anyway, classy post. Fun game.

here we go again:D... im still not sure on the etc. part...since you havent shown me any...

but as far as the fun game...oh yeah the LSU-ARK game was alot of fun....the UT-A&M game depended on which side you were sitting on,...and this side wasnt fun at all

g$$
11-23-2007, 09:41 PM

Texas might not be a super power....but they keep pulling it out of their butts. I honestly didn't think they would win against Tech. Horns take it BIG. And there will be no witty way to arrange the hands of a clock to show how bad the aggies will get beat.

Really - can we count the win over your beloved Texas team?

g$$
11-23-2007, 09:45 PM
Longhorns find ways to win...Colt is playing much better and the Ags aren't...

the Home advantage of Kyle field is not as feared as it once was by looking at the recent home record for the ags...I see Texas by double digits...

Going to Vegas anytime soon? :)

g$$
11-23-2007, 09:48 PM
Horns will bounce back from last year's embarassing loss

They could play the game in Dime Box or Snook and still win.

Wrong 2 years in a row...when are they going to play in Snook? :thinking:

kaorder1999
11-23-2007, 11:22 PM
was this one Greg Davis' fault too?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-24-2007, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by g$$

18 wins for A&M
15 wins for Texas

+ 2 in a row!

Gig em!!!

Bull's-eye
11-24-2007, 12:14 AM
I heard Coach Fran resigned right after the game. Can anybody confirm this?

JJ7997
11-24-2007, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
I heard Coach Fran resigned right after the game. Can anybody confirm this?

Its 100% true.

Old Tiger
11-24-2007, 12:19 AM
You could tell by his interview right after the game he was gone.

IHStangFan
11-24-2007, 12:23 AM
You could tell by his interview right after the game he was gone. yeah...even the announcer said something about "well...with that its pretty obvious this is his last game as the Aggie coach" or something to that effect.

JJ7997
11-24-2007, 12:25 AM
I think when asked about his players as he was walking off the field he could have done more than just shrugged.

IHStangFan
11-24-2007, 12:26 AM
I think when asked about his players as he was walking off the field he could have done more than just shrugged. exactly why I'm glad to see him go. Lack of emotion and desire to win. :)

JJ7997
11-24-2007, 12:29 AM
As an Aggie, it makes me sick to think about how good we really could have been for the last couple of seasons. I say " dont let the door hit ya " to Fran !

IHStangFan
11-24-2007, 12:30 AM
As an Aggie, it makes me sick to think about how good we really could have been for the last couple of seasons. I say " dont let the door hit ya " to Fran ! amen....his lack of emotion, lack of fire, and questionable play calling made me wonder if he even wanted to be there. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

JJ7997
11-24-2007, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
amen....his lack of emotion, lack of fire, and questionable play calling made me wonder if he even wanted to be there. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Maybe we will hear something tommorow, whoever it is that replaces him will have some great players to work with.

IHStangFan
11-24-2007, 12:37 AM
Maybe we will hear something tommorow, whoever it is that replaces him will have some great players to work with. exactly...I hope they have made a good choice...someone that can come in and utilize the talent they will have to work with. Know your strengths, & weaknesses and put together a game plan to take advantage of what you have. Fran seemed incapable of doing that.

rockdale80
11-24-2007, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by g$$

Ok. Since 1975 it is 18-15. Whatever statistic you have to make fit your scheme works with me. Still no clear cut FACT that the landscape changed in 1975. That is absurd to think that way, and frankly, sad. Good thing not everyone I know that went to ATM, or goes to ATM buys into that idiotic thinking.

TO BBDE

Proud of you brother. I always knew you would do well. Keep it up and look forward to another year of supporting you. ;)

g$$
11-24-2007, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by rockdale80
Ok. Since 1975 it is 18-15. Whatever statistic you have to make fit your scheme works with me. Still no clear cut FACT that the landscape changed in 1975. That is absurd to think that way, and frankly, sad. Good thing not everyone I know that went to ATM, or goes to ATM buys into that idiotic thinking.

TO BBDE

Proud of you brother. I always knew you would do well. Keep it up and look forward to another year of supporting you. ;)

No scheme hoss, you sound like an "embattled" Horn again (we clear on that yet Rock??). Have you heard of such things as integration, women allowed into universities, state funding, Title IX, scholarship limit changes, tv explosion, etc.? Were you around in the 1970s? I was. Did I make those things up? Uh, no if you care to research it. Those are all FACTS. Deal with it, learn something, or just quit posting garbage that has no merit.

How about this: say last 25 years

14-11
Texas A&M leads in wins over Texas

Deal with that too.

g$$
11-24-2007, 07:55 AM
I think when asked about his players as he was walking off the field he could have done more than just shrugged.

His voice cracked & he choked up. I am sure he wanted to say more but instead he just about lost it. (& I am no Fran apologist either)

JJ7997
11-24-2007, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by g$$
His voice cracked & he choked up. I am sure he wanted to say more but instead he just about lost it. (& I am no Fran apologist either)

Hopefully he had suddenly realized how bad he had screwed up and wasted the last five years. His time there could have been so different if he had just cared a little.

eagles_victory
11-24-2007, 11:16 AM
Bottom line A&M was the better team on this day. Have to give some credit to Fran they came out and were the aggressors all day long. Texas was on there heels early on. The Longhorns tackeled horribly on Goodson all game and it came back to bite them. Some questionable coaching decisions on the Texas side but all in all A&M just outplayed them and seemed like it meant more to them. I give the ags a congrats on a good win.

G$$ i see the stats your posting but I dont think you can compare the success of the two programs (not sure if your even trying to do that). But even if the ags are 14-11 in the last 25 i still think the Texas program is a cut above. However, I think this rivalry could get a whole lot more exciting if A&M makes a good hire as a head coach.

Is this game really an upset? Texas was a good team dont get me wrong. But, you could easily argue Texas could of lost to Oklahoma St, Nebraska, and UCF. Meaning the records would be pretty much even Texas was not a great football team this year. Texas may not even be a great team next year. IMO Texas needs a playmaker like Charles was for 3 or 4 games all year. People want to get on Mack and rightfully so in some cases imo but only losing 3 games this year isnt a knock on the coaches I dont think bc the record could easily be much worse.

Is it just me or does Colt seem to struggle all game until they get way behind and then he tries to make a comeback?

TexanAlum_06
11-24-2007, 12:42 PM
First off Congrats to the AGGIES.... they just bent us over one knee and punished and humiliated us all day. No sugar coating from me on this one. It sickens me at the fact that those coaches cant get their " kids " as mack would say to come out fired up and play from the get-go and Take this rivalry seriously. Texas plays not to lose. and when you play like that you will never succeed. It also sickens me to see in the paper that some of the players are quoted saying. " we didnt expect them to pass the ball that much, we didnt prepare for that" ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? This is DIV 1A college football, you are supposed to prepare for everything and expect the unexpected from a spoiler team like the aggies. How could you not expect a team to pass against that Horrid secondary. our secondary would make NAVY's QB look like Tom Brady. we just had no answer, emotionally or on paper for anything ATM did. heck if you take away our 2 INT's this game would of been a 21 point spread if not worse. The score doesnt reflect how bad this a$$ whippin truly was. I think Akina needs the boot, he just isnt getting the job done, sure some of the blame could be on the young players but its got to be on the play calling at some point when our players are just out of position time and time again and WR's are wide open all the time. Well anyway back to the holiday bowl we go, our second home. I hope we dont go the cotton bowl against Florida if thats even possible, WOW that would be an ugly one. Once again congrats to the aggies, they played hard and PLAYED TO WIN and they deserve it.

JJ7997
11-24-2007, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by TexanAlum_06
our secondary would make NAVY's QB look like Tom Brady.

Now thats funny, I dont care who you are ! :D

Old Tiger
11-24-2007, 02:04 PM
When you recruit the best players you expect them to play. At Texas it is similar to the NFL and how it works. You have the best of the best at that level so it all goes down to coaching.

rockdale80
11-24-2007, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by g$$
No scheme hoss, you sound like an "embattled" Horn again (we clear on that yet Rock??). Have you heard of such things as integration, women allowed into universities, state funding, Title IX, scholarship limit changes, tv explosion, etc.? Were you around in the 1970s? I was. Did I make those things up? Uh, no if you care to research it. Those are all FACTS. Deal with it, learn something, or just quit posting garbage that has no merit.

How about this: say last 25 years

14-11
Texas A&M leads in wins over Texas

Deal with that too.

Embattled longhorn? You are an idiot. It has nothing to do with who I support. As long as my brother is playing at ATM I am an aggie, and you wont find a bigger fan. So that is completely erroneous. All of those things you listed like integration, coed, state funding, etc took place in different years. How can you say 100% that 1975 is the year? My only point was that the "modern era" of football beginning in 1975 has ZERO MERIT because fact or not, it is still subject to being someone's opinion. How does that point have zero merit? Because you don' agree and it doesnt give the aggies the edge on paper? I did research it and so did several people on this board, and ironically enough everyone came up with different years that the "modern era" of football began. Just because one person/or a few people write it down or broadcast it, doesn't make it FACT. I would think someone with a degree from ATM would be able to realize that. What if it was 1974? Or 1976? Maybe even 1972? Or another year all together? It doesn't make sense to say that 1975 is the year because "I SAID SO" and because I "SAY SO" it is a fact.

Again it has nothing to do with how the records fall on paper. It has everyting to do with your facts actually being an opinion.

I even went and looked some more for this 1975 being the year the landscape changed and I still couldnt find anything relevant to your post.

Why is what I post garbage? Because you dont agree with it? Sounds like an illogical way of thinking. I feel for you. I would think after the day the ags had yesterday you wouldnt feel it necessary to come on her and still spew ignorance. Just sit back and relax, enjoy the day. If the ags win 37 more the record will be tied. ;)

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-24-2007, 02:37 PM
Did anyone see me on the sidelines on the broadcast of the game?

big daddy russ
11-24-2007, 06:37 PM
Haven't read the thread at all, but just got back from the game and wanted to throw in my two cents:

-I was surprised at how lopsided that game was. The final score showed that UT was within a single score of tying the game, but the game definitely wasn't that close. I was expecting a fourth-quarter surge from the 'Horns, but it didn't happen the way I thought it would. A&M still played well in the fourth and took the game away from UT.

-Drops, drops, and more drops in the first half are what killed any momentum that UT would've had. On third-and-longs, third-and-shorts, early-and-longs, and it seemed like Jermichael Finley was the one dropping all those passes. A&M capitalized on those mistakes and built a pretty big lead.

-How in the world do you stop Jamaal Charles? Last year, I wouldn't have lumped him in with the best RB's, much less best players in the conference if my life depended on it. Wow, what a difference that year makes. He just gets better and better by the week. He's as patient as it comes and when he decides where he wants to go you hardly realize he's dropped it down a couple of gears but explodes through a hole before you know it. Is patient but decisive, has great burst, is quite possibly the fastest kid in the Big XII, and is deceptively fast. You combine that with what he means to the passing game, it's tough to overlook him as one of the best players this year and headed into next.

-TAMU caught UT completely off guard when they unleashed that passing game. I didnt' think that it was game-planned that way, but Les Koenig and Fran made some mid-game adjustments due to what the UT defense was showing them and after McGee got the hot hand, just rode it all game long. Maybe I'm wrong about that and BBDE can help me out, but after that first five wide play worked, the Ags kept going back to it. Which leads me to the point of this whole paragraph-- Fran coached looser than I've seen him coach in a long time. Seemed completely relaxed with his playcalling and played this game to win it instead of just manage it. We saw the Fran that we saw at TCU.

rockdale80
11-24-2007, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
-TAMU caught UT completely off guard when they unleashed that passing game. I didnt' think that it was game-planned that way, but Les Koenig and Fran made some mid-game adjustments due to what the UT defense was showing them and after McGee got the hot hand, just rode it all game long. Maybe I'm wrong about that and BBDE can help me out, but after that first five wide play worked, the Ags kept going back to it. Which leads me to the point of this whole paragraph-- Fran coached looser than I've seen him coach in a long time. Seemed completely relaxed with his playcalling and played this game to win it instead of just manage it. We saw the Fran that we saw at TCU.

Almost exactly what I told BBDE last night. I have said all year that ATM has the talent and potential, but noone to guide them. Imagine if they had played like this all year. Would be an entirely different ending to this year.

Also, Texas is not that good. They are/were not a top 15 team. Any other year they would be lucky to be in the top 25. Just my .02