PDA

View Full Version : burnett and marlin don't have a chance

Sooner Fan
12-11-2003, 10:18 AM
Gainesville and Port Isabel are going to roll this weekend. Gainesville 42, burnett 7
Port Isabel 35, Marlin 3

southern_thunder
12-11-2003, 10:20 AM
I am going to go the other!!
Burnet 42
Gainesville 7

marktaras
12-11-2003, 10:21 AM
Did you also predict that OU would roll over K. State?

Sooner Fan
12-11-2003, 10:21 AM
Yeah Jasper found out the hard way.

olddawggreen
12-11-2003, 10:22 AM
Sooner Fan:
Gainesville and Port Isabel are going to roll this weekend. Gainesville 42, burnett 7
Port Isabel 35, Marlin 3Brain Freeze! Youve been sucking on too many of those icecicles up there in in the frozen north country. wink wink

southern_thunder
12-11-2003, 10:23 AM
By the way it is Burnet Durnit cant you learn it!!

Sooner Fan
12-11-2003, 10:24 AM
Oh yeah Marktaras did you predict 65-13 or 77-00

crzyjournalist03
12-11-2003, 10:25 AM
Sooner Fan:
Oh yeah Marktaras did you predict 65-13 or 77-00you're only as good as your last game...enough said.

marktaras
12-11-2003, 10:29 AM
Sooner Fan:
Oh yeah Marktaras did you predict 65-13 or 77-00What makes you think I give a rats behind about those games?

marktaras
12-11-2003, 10:30 AM
crzyjournalist03:

Sooner Fan:
Oh yeah Marktaras did you predict 65-13 or 77-00you're only as good as your last game...enough said.Ditto to the utmost!

bulldogvet85
12-11-2003, 10:46 AM
can some one say 35-7.......I cant hear you.... 35-7 :D :D :D :D

JasperDog94
12-11-2003, 10:48 AM
Sooner Fan:
Yeah Jasper found out the hard way.????????Huh????????

crzyjournalist03
12-11-2003, 10:53 AM
bulldogvet85:
can some one say 35-7.......I cant hear you.... 35-7 :D :D :D :D It is pretty funny that there was a lot of talk about OU possibly being the greatest college team ever....then after that game, you haven't heard a peep about it since :D .

bulldogvet85
12-11-2003, 10:55 AM
crzyjournalist03:

bulldogvet85:
can some one say 35-7.......I cant hear you.... 35-7 :D :D :D :D It is pretty funny that there was a lot of talk about OU possibly being the greatest college team ever....then after that game, you haven't heard a peep about it since :D .prolly cuz they are licking there wounds still from the game. the QB I know must still be in a out cold the way he was getting hit so when he comes to we may hear something from him!!!!! :D

marktaras
12-11-2003, 11:06 AM
crzyjournalist03:

bulldogvet85:
can some one say 35-7.......I cant hear you.... 35-7 :D :D :D :D It is pretty funny that there was a lot of talk about OU possibly being the greatest college team ever....then after that game, you haven't heard a peep about it since :D .Could it be because they are NOT the greatest college football team ever?

Football GOD
12-11-2003, 11:16 AM
Sippin on brandy in Miami,contradiction on my chest versaci on my clothes,I got to many too many
("hehe") yo' turning rookie into pro's.Before you walk teach yourself to crawl.What does all this mean don't mess w/ my click Homie!!!
Lace & Grind!!!!! Uhhu...get of r grind fool
u best to pay up ain't down w/ that pay cut..
:cool:

HotDawg89
12-11-2003, 12:06 PM
Boy I hope you are wrong- I'd love to see BUrnet and Marlin both win big- cause Burnet has played Marlin. . . then there would be no contesting who is the best. But good luck to all the teams this weekend... but especially my Bulldogs!

Phil C
12-11-2003, 12:10 PM
OU has a great team even though they got beat. But it emphasises that there may be great teams but there is no such thing as a super invincible team at least in football (i.e. North Carolina Girls college soccer team is invincible which hurts the sport and may discourage Sinton 66 from watching it and becoming a fan of it and loving it and .......)

spiveyrat
12-11-2003, 12:50 PM
JasperDog94:

Sooner Fan:
Yeah Jasper found out the hard way.????????Huh????????My thoughts exactly! HUH???? :rolleyes:

thatboy
12-11-2003, 12:54 PM
Yes we would know who the best is........... MARLIN.Burnet can't beat a healthy Marlin team.Yall played Marlin without Smith and Wrighter has a sprained ankle.If botth teams win i wish there were an extra game so Marlin could show Burnet what they got at full strength.
HotDawg89:
Boy I hope you are wrong- I'd love to see BUrnet and Marlin both win big- cause Burnet has played Marlin. . . then there would be no contesting who is the best. But good luck to all the teams this weekend... but especially my Bulldogs!

crzyjournalist03
12-11-2003, 12:57 PM
thatboy:
Yes we would know who the best is........... MARLIN.Burnet can't beat a healthy Marlin team.Yall played Marlin without Smith and Wrighter has a sprained ankle.If botth teams win i wish there were an extra game so Marlin could show Burnet what they got at full strength.
HotDawg89:
Boy I hope you are wrong- I'd love to see BUrnet and Marlin both win big- cause Burnet has played Marlin. . . then there would be no contesting who is the best. But good luck to all the teams this weekend... but especially my Bulldogs!whoa there buddy...let's not start another debacle...if they both win state, they're both state champions.

thatboy
12-11-2003, 12:58 PM
that's not gonna happen so we'll just hafta wait till next year.

bulldogvet85
12-11-2003, 01:35 PM
thatboy:
that's not gonna happen so we'll just hafta wait till next year.whats not gonna happen? dont turn this thread into something it's not.

poncho
12-11-2003, 01:53 PM
crzyjournalist03:

bulldogvet85:
can some one say 35-7.......I cant hear you.... 35-7 :D :D :D :D It is pretty funny that there was a lot of talk about OU possibly being the greatest college team ever....then after that game, you haven't heard a peep about it since :D .Soooooo true! :cool:

poncho
12-11-2003, 01:58 PM
Sooner Fan:
Port Isabel 35, Marlin 3Someone's always trying to stir the pot!! Get a life buddy. :cool: :rolleyes:

bulldogvet85
12-11-2003, 02:04 PM
he is still bitter over the loss OU suffered this pat weekend. :D dont they have help groups for things like that? eek!

bulldogman
12-11-2003, 04:52 PM
Thatboy it is hard for me to believe that one player could make a team 35 points better. Besides that, injuries are a part of the game. Marlin got beat badly. That does not mean that they are not a good football team because they are, but they couldn't beat Burnet then or now.

marktaras
12-11-2003, 04:57 PM
thatboy:
HotDawg89:
Boy I hope you are wrong- I'd love to see BUrnet and Marlin both win big- cause Burnet has played Marlin. . . then there would be no contesting who is the best. But good luck to all the teams this weekend... but especially my Bulldogs!Look, an overwhelming majority of Burnet fans support Marlin for the DII championship. That's a cool thing, and, everyone is tired of the "we coulda beatcha if only" take.

Football GOD
12-11-2003, 05:10 PM
Lil o Texas backs the tarpons all the way...
go blue go white play w/ all your might.....
This ain't about the opponent but about yourself so go take care of business and rock the house, tarpon fans will make the noise...

bulldogvet85
12-11-2003, 05:47 PM
looks like thatboy is one of those kids who gets bored during school. plus marlin should be focusing on there game not worrying about how they could beat burnet. Come on guys get with it

DawgMaw02
12-11-2003, 06:03 PM
thatboy:
HotDawg89:
Boy I hope you are wrong- I'd love to see BUrnet and Marlin both win big- cause Burnet has played Marlin. . . then there would be no contesting who is the best. But good luck to all the teams this weekend... but especially my Bulldogs!And what was Marlins excuse for us beating them last year? Our players were hurt and beat up then. Sooooooooooooo.....

lotus67
12-11-2003, 06:23 PM
Isn't it amazing,as many posts that have been written about Burnet and as many people have read them,there are STILL Gomers out there that can't see that Burnet is spelled with 1 T :D must be a "sooner fan " thing

lepfan
12-11-2003, 06:54 PM
lotus67:
Isn't it amazing,as many posts that have been written about Burnet and as many people have read them,there are STILL Gomers out there that can't see that Burnet is spelled with 1 T :D must be a "sooner fan " thingsome people do things like that just to get a rise out of others :)

Hot Rod
12-11-2003, 07:23 PM
lets all just wish the best for our teams and maybe they will get a christmas gift of there own by the end of the day . backing burnet all the way

olddawggreen
12-11-2003, 08:25 PM
JasperDog94:

Sooner Fan:
Yeah Jasper found out the hard way.????????Huh????????Im telling you JasperDog94, its the icecycles! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

fmsc64
12-11-2003, 08:38 PM
:mad: You Burnet bunch keep putting Marlin down like it was the only game you won all year?! Both towns have good teams, like I said before teams don't get to this level by playing marbles. Also you PI folks can chill some too, you can't predict the weather either, so stop trying to predict the game score before the game has been played!
The Marlin Bulldogs will come ready and will play hard! May the Best wink do their Best and play a fair and safe game. When the game is over may the Best :D win and if the Good Lords willing may the Best be Purple and Gold Bulldogs from Marlin!!! wink

HotDawg89
12-11-2003, 08:38 PM
thatboy:
HotDawg89:
Boy I hope you are wrong- I'd love to see BUrnet and Marlin both win big- cause Burnet has played Marlin. . . then there would be no contesting who is the best. But good luck to all the teams this weekend... but especially my Bulldogs!Ummm uh huh. Excuses, excuses. The finals aren't even done yet and you are already prepared with excuses. :rolleyes:

What I was really getting at-- is last year, everyone was saying that they wish there was a way D1 & D2 champs could play eachother, or wished they would have during the season so there would be a non-contested State Champ... but alas, it doesn't work that way. For example, last year, we beat Bandera badly- and they won D2- but Burnet, not Bandera was ranked 2nd behind Everman- but they were state champs.

Somehow, I don't think one running back would have changed 35-6 a whole bunch- because we had a couple of starters out on the D-line that were hurt the week before that might have had something to say about that. We'll never know. But we will all know who the best team in the state is come Saturday. Whoever it may be.

Get over yourself- Marlin got beat by Burnet. It was a fair win. Whhhhhaaaaaaaa.

Bandera YaYa
12-11-2003, 09:33 PM
This is soooooooo much fun, listening to all of you diss on one another.....but the funny thing is, NO ONE knows for sure who will win this Saturday....there will be teams that will win and there will be teams that will, sadly, lose. And yes, Bandera was beat badly by Burnet last year and for that I say "THANK YOU"! I think each and every game led us to our destiny...to be the State Champs in 2002! So, keep the trash talk up, it's entertaining at the very least.....but it will be decided very shortly....and then we can listen to the "crow chow down"!! Good luck to all!!

bulldogvet85
12-11-2003, 09:48 PM
I dont know why people are even arguing over who is better Marlin or Burnet. Because this thread wasnt even started by anyone from Burnet or Marlin. It was started buy some idiot who was bitter about OU's loss. Both marlin and Burnet are still in the hunt for the state championship so what is there to complain about.