PDA

View Full Version : Carthage loves to talk smack

Runnin Panther
11-20-2007, 12:39 AM
Read somewhere that Carthage loves to talk smack on the field. Any truth to this?

Emerson1
11-20-2007, 12:40 AM
Every team does

eagles_victory
11-20-2007, 12:51 AM
if they do they sure are backing it up

crzyjournalist03
11-20-2007, 11:46 AM
Do not be surprised to see Carthage playing next weekend....

Txbroadcaster
11-20-2007, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03

and dont be surprised if they get beat by 21..Carthage has had a nice turnaround, but IMO I just dont see many OMG WOW wins on their schedule..I see some nice ones, but not any that make me think they can outscore LH

buff4life
11-20-2007, 11:56 AM
Every team does...

crzyjournalist03
11-20-2007, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
and dont be surprised if they get beat by 21..Carthage has had a nice turnaround, but IMO I just dont see many OMG WOW wins on their schedule..I see some nice ones, but not any that make me think they can outscore LH

If there was a line on the game where I could bet on Carthage +21, I'd put my life savings on it!

Txbroadcaster
11-20-2007, 12:04 PM
If there was a line on the game where I could bet on Carthage +21, I'd put my life savings on it!

I am not saying it will or wont happen, I just think Carthage has become a chic pick as a darkhorse and I dont think they have done anythign yet to truly establish themselves as one

crzyjournalist03
11-20-2007, 12:11 PM
I am not saying it will or wont happen, I just think Carthage has become a chic pick as a darkhorse and I dont think they have done anythign yet to truly establish themselves as one

well, if they've got a bandwagon, I should get credit for calling it back when they were around 2-2 or 3-2...I've been on them for so long now, I can't just jump off!

eagles_victory
11-20-2007, 01:00 PM
They took it to Crockett and I saw last week Crockett is a good football team. Carthage blew Mexia out Friday night not that Mexia is great but the Blackcats were clicking on all cylinders at the end of the year and coming into the playoffs on a high note getting second in district. Carthage made them look like a JV. LH doesnt really have that many great wins either. Cuero was good maybe some others. But dont forget Rockdale could have eaisly beaten LH no disrespect to Rockdale at all but I think Carthage is a better football team then that so LH isnt going to just roll.

j_dog
11-20-2007, 01:09 PM
true, they did lose to KV. ;)

Runnin Panther
11-21-2007, 01:26 AM

So how much is in your life savings crzy. Just curious how confident you are that Carthage will roll over LH.

Obviously you have seen both teams play this year otherwise you would not be making such bold statements. So, I’m just curious what LH weakness and Carthage strength have you seen? You certainly talk like you know something, so what is it?
:confused: :confused:

SNYDER325TIGERS
11-21-2007, 02:45 AM
every team dont talk crap,

buff4life
11-21-2007, 03:01 AM
Originally posted by SNYDER325TIGERS
every team dont talk crap,

then you don't have a clue...

SNYDER325TIGERS
11-21-2007, 03:10 AM
Originally posted by buff4life
then you don't have a clue...

dude, most of them do... but theres a few teams out there that dont!

crzyjournalist03
11-21-2007, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Runnin Panther
So how much is in your life savings crzy. Just curious how confident you are that Carthage will roll over LH.

Obviously you have seen both teams play this year otherwise you would not be making such bold statements. So, I’m just curious what LH weakness and Carthage strength have you seen? You certainly talk like you know something, so what is it?
:confused: :confused:

umm...no...I never said anything about Carthage rolling over LH...I said I'd take Carthage +21, which if you know anything about gambling, that all they have to do is lose by less than 21 for me to win...I seriously doubt that either team will run away with it, that's all I'm saying.

If LH is expecting to go in and blow out Carthage, I think they're in for a surprise.

LH Panther Mom
11-21-2007, 12:17 PM
If LH is expecting to go in and blow out Carthage, I think they're in for a surprise.
Trust me, the team is not expecting that at all. (And neither are "most" fans.... ;) )

Panther One
11-21-2007, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
...But dont forget Rockdale could have eaisly beaten LH...
This proves you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Rockdale cannot beat LH and surely can't do it easily. I don't want to take anything away from Rockdale, but we're just a much better team. If we played Rockdale 10 times, that is as close as the game would ever be. We had nearly 300 more yards than they did. It was our own mistakes (turnovers and penalties) that kept them in the game. Taking the knee inside the five with two minutes or so left on the clock also kept the score close.

I'm not saying we're an unbeatable team, but know your facts. Just don't look at a score and say stuff like "Rockdale could have easily beaten LH." It's almost like your saying that for Carthage to win, LH will have to play as bad as they did against Rockdale. If we play that bad, yeah, Carthage has a very good chance of winning. I don't think they'll be our toughest test, though, because I believe Cuero is a much better team.

Daddy D 11
11-21-2007, 02:52 PM

where? on the hardwood?

LH rolls onto 21 wins in a row come friday :clap:

Rocket Dad
11-21-2007, 03:12 PM
I have seen both teams play (sorta) I saw L.H. in person and have seen 2 game tapes from friends that live near Carthage.

My take = Carthage has a talented team, new head coach that has brought in a spread it around throw the ball all over the place mentality. They have size and speed. I feel they can score around 21 points on L.H.

My take= L.H. plays with an attitude and confidence that is hard nosed football at its best. On offense they execute and play every play like it is their last. On defense they will bend a little and may give up some passing yards this week. However, in the end the style and relentless play of L.H. should wear on Carthage. I feel L.H. will score around 42 points this week. Good luck to both.

rockdale80
11-21-2007, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Panther One
This proves you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Rockdale cannot beat LH and surely can't do it easily. I don't want to take anything away from Rockdale, but we're just a much better team. If we played Rockdale 10 times, that is as close as the game would ever be. We had nearly 300 more yards than they did. It was our own mistakes (turnovers and penalties) that kept them in the game. Taking the knee inside the five with two minutes or so left on the clock also kept the score close.

I'm not saying we're an unbeatable team, but know your facts. Just don't look at a score and say stuff like "Rockdale could have easily beaten LH." It's almost like your saying that for Carthage to win, LH will have to play as bad as they did against Rockdale. If we play that bad, yeah, Carthage has a very good chance of winning. I don't think they'll be our toughest test, though, because I believe Cuero is a much better team.

:crazy: :crazy:
Rockdale was winning at half. And yes they could have beat LH. That is why the game is played. Any given night, anything can happen. Not saying it would be easy, but it could have happened.

Panther One
11-21-2007, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
:crazy: :crazy:
Rockdale was winning at half. And yes they could have beat LH. That is why the game is played. Any given night, anything can happen. Not saying it would be easy, but it could have happened.
Sorry. That was your night...and it didn't happen. It would have taken a few more LH turnovers and even more penalties for the Tigers to get the win. That's not out of the question, but highly unlikely.

rockdale80
11-21-2007, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Panther One
Sorry. That was your night...and it didn't happen. It would have taken a few more LH turnovers and even more penalties for the Tigers to get the win. That's not out of the question, but highly unlikely.

You can say it was LH turning the ball over, or you can say that Rockdale was causing them. I think it was a mix of both. I know Rockdale was not the best team you guys played this year, but on any given night....

And penalties did kill you guys, but that is another element of the game. Dont make the mistakes and you wont get flagged for them.

Unlikely? For sure. But there is always that chance. Good luck the rest of the way though. Bring another state championship back for the rest of the district. ;)

LHPfactory
11-21-2007, 08:42 PM
I have been attending LH ball games since 2004. A few times at half time I wondered if we were gonna win (ie Cuero, Wimberley). However, even being down against Rockdale, I didnt even question if we would win during half time. I could see the physical match up on the field won hands down. I like and root for Rockdale when they are not playing us (so no disrespect) but I had no concern about the victory, It was gonna happen. I think I even told LHP Mom at half time, its not a question if we are gonna win, LH needs to quit messing around and finish the job.

Carthage can score in a hurry, and some compare them to Cuero. Carthage is not joined the ranks of Cuero yet.

LH will run away in the second half and Carthage will be frustrated (maybe just start fighting).

It breaks my heart, Im in Boerne at my In laws for Thanksgiving, I will be listening to KMAC, wish i could be there. I wont miss the next three though.