PDA

View Full Version : RIII GOTW Location?

88bobcats
11-20-2007, 12:34 AM
The area championship game between the West Orange-Stark Mustangs and the Giddings Buffalo is listed as being at Pearland.

Is that the stadium off Oiler Drive between Pearland Parkway and South Main? Is this the stadium? (http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?latlongtype=internal&addtohistory=&latitude=C1KMUJO3nsXoLIh03rvfcA%3d%3d&longitude=RO5b0%2ftatgs8lt%2bVauUuig%3d%3d&name=Pearland%20High%20School&country=US&address=3775%20S%20Main%20St&city=Pearland&state=TX&zipcode=77581&phone=281%2d997%2d7445&spurl=0&&q=Pearland%20High%20School&qc=Schools%20%28K%2d12%29)

HEMOTOXIC
11-20-2007, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by 88bobcats
The area championship game between the West Orange-Stark Mustangs and the Giddings Buffalo is listed as being at Pearland.

Is that the stadium off Oiler Drive between Pearland Parkway and South Main? Is this the stadium? (http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?latlongtype=internal&addtohistory=&latitude=C1KMUJO3nsXoLIh03rvfcA%3d%3d&longitude=RO5b0%2ftatgs8lt%2bVauUuig%3d%3d&name=Pearland%20High%20School&country=US&address=3775%20S%20Main%20St&city=Pearland&state=TX&zipcode=77581&phone=281%2d997%2d7445&spurl=0&&q=Pearland%20High%20School&qc=Schools%20%28K%2d12%29)

That is correct.

88bobcats
11-20-2007, 12:38 AM
Where's the best place to eat in Pearland before the game?

Joe's Pizza & Pasta
Texas Wings Sports & Grill
Sarpino's Pizzeria
Baytown Seafood Market/Rstrnt

Is a M&G planned for anywhere, or is it up to me to plan it?

pirate4state
11-20-2007, 12:51 AM
Where's the best place to eat in Pearland before the game?

Joe's Pizza & Pasta
Texas Wings Sports & Grill
Sarpino's Pizzeria
Baytown Seafood Market/Rstrnt

It's up to you! :)

crazy
11-20-2007, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
That is correct.

There is a good homestyle cooking restaurant...If you are headed down Pearland Pkwy towards the stadium, turn right at the red light by Lowe's. It's only a couple of blocks on the right....Can't remember the name. Something like Jack's....REally good food and large portions.

boba fett
11-20-2007, 11:04 AM

What happens at these M&Gs?? Does everyone just show up and stare at each other?

88bobcats
11-20-2007, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by boba fett
What happens at these M&Gs?? Does everyone just show up and stare at each other?

As I understand them, it's just a chance for posters to meet one another. I guess that depends upon everyone's willingness to say something like, "Hi! I'm 88bobcats. It's nice to me you [insert user name here]. I really enjoy reading about all your posts about how [insert team here: Snyder, Sweetwater, Giddings, Celina, et cetera] is so great and about how [insert team name here: Snyder, Sweetwater, Ab. Wylie, Sealy, Caldwell, C. Yoe, everybody but Celina, et cetera] is so bad."

All kidding aside, I'm looking forward to meeting IHStang from Needville/Ingleside. He and I have exchanged messages about his daughter-yet-to-be-born. If you're there, I'll shake your hand and introduce myself so you have a face to go with my user name when I post my mostly erroneous drivel. You'll be able to say, "I met 88bobcats. That dude is way past his prime and out of touch with the current game.....but he's a good sport."

At least I can hope.

pirate4state
11-21-2007, 11:47 AM
As I understand them, it's just a chance for posters to meet one another. I guess that depends upon everyone's willingness to say something like, "Hi! I'm 88bobcats. It's nice to me you [insert user name here]. I really enjoy reading about all your posts about how [insert team here: Snyder, Sweetwater, Giddings, Celina, et cetera] is so great and about how [insert team name here: Snyder, Sweetwater, Ab. Wylie, Sealy, Caldwell, C. Yoe, everybody but Celina, et cetera] is so bad."

All kidding aside, I'm looking forward to meeting IHStang from Needville/Ingleside. He and I have exchanged messages about his daughter-yet-to-be-born. If you're there, I'll shake your hand and introduce myself so you have a face to go with my user name when I post my mostly erroneous drivel. You'll be able to say, "I met 88bobcats. That dude is way past his prime and out of touch with the current game.....but he's a good sport."

At least I can hope.

That's a fair assessement as to what goes on. Where you guys meeting? I hope to be there before or right around 5pm. I've meet IHStang before and 3asoftballmom is suppose to meet me at the parking lot so we can decide which side to sit on. :devil:

I'll forward you my cell #.