PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys can't get no love

Old Tiger
11-19-2007, 03:54 PM
by ESPN.

Couple weeks ago the Giants were better than them.

Now the Packers are better than them. wow.

STANG RED
11-19-2007, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
by ESPN.

Wonder who it will be after they beat the Pac?

Although I must admit, they didnt look real sharp against the skins yesterday. They will need to step it up a notch against GB.

Sweetwater Red
11-19-2007, 04:09 PM
by ESPN.

Hell Troy Aikman was complaining that it was unfair because
Dallas and Detroit played at home yesterday and are going to
be playing at home for thanksgiving.

If Dallas can't get any love from Aikman where are they going to
get it?

AP Panther Fan
11-19-2007, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED

Although I must admit, they didnt look real sharp against the skins yesterday. They will need to step it up a notch against GB.

I agree...it is a good thing Gurode couldn't hear me through my television yesterday. He was at the top of my "pooh" list. :cool:

Macarthur
11-19-2007, 04:20 PM
Well, we'll find out very soon. Don't be surprised if GB goes down Thursday at Detroit.

I agree that the Cowboys are not getting much props with ESPN. But that's typical. I watched one of their NFL live's last week and it was laughable. They had GB & NY ahead of them. And to make it even nuttier, that dipstick Merrill Hodge didn't even have Dallas in his top 5 and had Pitt ahead of NE as the #1 team in the league! I'm not joking!

Yeah, the same Pitt that lost to the J-E-T-S, Jets!

Maroon87
11-19-2007, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
Well, we'll find out very soon. Don't be surprised if GB goes down Thursday at Detroit.

I agree that the Cowboys are not getting much props with ESPN. But that's typical. I watched one of their NFL live's last week and it was laughable. They had GB & NY ahead of them. And to make it even nuttier, that dipstick Merrill Hodge didn't even have Dallas in his top 5 and had Pitt ahead of NE as the #1 team in the league! I'm not joking!

Yeah, the same Pitt that lost to the J-E-T-S, Jets!

Give Merrill a break. He had about 28 concussions during his career.

Old Tiger
11-19-2007, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Give Merrill a break. He had about 28 concussions during his career. Rock Hoover(can't think of his real name) called him out on that today on NFL live.

pirate4state
11-19-2007, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red

get it?

Yup! I was pretty comical having a converastion with Troy thru the TV. I bet APPF knows what I'm talking about! :D :doh: :crazy1:

Macarthur
11-19-2007, 04:34 PM

get it?

Aikman is trying to be unbias. Most Cowboys fans do not realize just how big of an advantage that home Thanksgiving Day game is every year. It is a huge advantage for Dallas.

Who-dun-it!!?
11-19-2007, 04:36 PM

get it?

He didn't have a problem with it when he was playing did he?

pirate4state
11-19-2007, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Who-dun-it!!?
He didn't have a problem with it when he was playing did he? HAHAHA that's exactly what my conversation was about! :D :D :D

Macarthur
11-19-2007, 04:49 PM
No, he didn't, but that still doesn't change the fact that it is real. It doesn't mean he's anti-Cowboy just because he makes the comment.

STANG RED
11-19-2007, 05:01 PM
The boys still play the same number of home and aways as everyone else in the league, so it really shouldnt matter that much. Truth be known, Id bet most of the players and coaches would rather not have to play every Thanksgiving.

sweetwater07
11-19-2007, 05:05 PM

get it?

hes jealous that Romo may be as good as he was

doesn't want his thunder stolen..:D

JasperDog94
11-19-2007, 05:05 PM
No, he didn't, but that still doesn't change the fact that it is real. It doesn't mean he's anti-Cowboy just because he makes the comment. Actually, I find Aikman to be very anti-Cowboy in his analysis. It's like he's trying to compensate for playing for Dallas in his commentary.

navscanmaster
11-19-2007, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Actually, I find Aikman to be very anti-Cowboy in his analysis. It's like he's trying to compensate for playing for Dallas in his commentary.

My neighbor and I were saying the same thing yesterday when watching the game. Also, Romo might steal his thunder if he can keep the number of concussions countable on fingers and toes.

Sweetwater Red
11-19-2007, 05:11 PM
Moose Johnston did the Detroit game. I didn't here him
complaining about an advantage. He never ripped the Lions or
Giants full backs either.:thinking: :D

sweetwater07
11-19-2007, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
. Also, Romo might steal his thunder if he can keep the number of concussions countable on fingers and toes.

buuuuuurn...LOL

sotex
11-19-2007, 05:15 PM
How can playing at home every Thanksgiving be an advantage? Granted the opponent has the same short week (unless they have a bye the Sunday before) but having to play 3 games in 12 days is certainly no advantage.

g$$
11-19-2007, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
hes jealous that Romo may be as good as he was

doesn't want his thunder stolen..:D

Long way to go for that...like 3 rings & HOF.

Hold on there for 1st year starter Romo (full year). Lots can happen.

sweetwater07
11-19-2007, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by g$$

Hold on there for 1st year starter Romo (full year). Lots can happen.

this is true.

Old Tiger
11-19-2007, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by g$$

Hold on there for 1st year starter Romo (full year). Lots can happen. yea and 257 interceptions too! :D

Macarthur
11-19-2007, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by sotex
How can playing at home every Thanksgiving be an advantage? Granted the opponent has the same short week (unless they have a bye the Sunday before) but having to play 3 games in 12 days is certainly no advantage.

It is a huge advantage! The Jets get to practice today and tomorrow and then they have to get on a plane Wednesday! That is huge!

Plus, Dallas almost gets a second bye week because they have another 10 or 11 days until they play again.

Make no mistake, it is a big advantage and the league knows it. The problem is that they can't take it away now because the Cowboys carry a big stick and it's kinda ingrained into our culture.

Sweetwater

Red Moose Johnston did the Detroit game. I didn't here him
complaining about an advantage. He never ripped the Lions or
Giants full backs either.

No one is complaining! He was just stating a fact. Guys, it is an advantage for the home team. Everyone needs to stop being so sensitive.

Sweetwater Red
11-19-2007, 05:40 PM

No one is complaining! He was just stating a fact. Guys, it is an advantage for the home team. Everyone needs to stop being so sensitive.

Try convincing Lions fans it's an advantage with our 3-7(?) record
on Thanksgiving the last ten years. :(

Aikman tends to break down a play too far. He does it just to
point out what the QB did wrong.:thinking:

JasperDog94
11-19-2007, 05:47 PM
I guess I don't get why it's such a huge advantage. Both teams only get 3 days prep for the game. Yeah, they get extra days prep later, but you make up for it in less prep time for the Turkey Day game.

eagles_victory
11-19-2007, 05:49 PM

Plus, Dallas almost gets a second bye week because they have another 10 or 11 days until they play again.

. they play green bay next thursday

Leopards,class of 75
11-19-2007, 05:57 PM
I would rather switch Green Bay for the Thanksgiving game and play the Jets the following Thursday.

Macarthur
11-19-2007, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
I guess I don't get why it's such a huge advantage. Both teams only get 3 days prep for the game. Yeah, they get extra days prep later, but you make up for it in less prep time for the Turkey Day game.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10483708

Well, basically the whole league thinks it's an advantage

eagles_victory quote:

they play green bay next thursday

So what. They get a full week to prepare for that game where other teams would get 3 days. This year a scheduling quirk. Dallas usually gets that extra time and they will get it after the GB game now.

slpybear the bullfan
11-19-2007, 06:19 PM
Aren't there several games on Thursday's now? Not just on Thanksgiving?

People always hatin on the boys... Just count Lombardi's.

AP Panther Fan
11-19-2007, 06:22 PM
The problem is that they can't take it away now because the Cowboys carry a big stick and it's kinda ingrained into our culture.

Yeah...and what else would we do with that 6 legged turkey?;)

g$$
11-19-2007, 06:23 PM
yea and 257 interceptions too! :D

Just part of being a great qb...ask Favre, Marino, or others.

themsu97
11-19-2007, 06:26 PM
Troy is in a no win situation... if he is pro boy he is a homer and if he tries to be biased he is an anti boy...

playing on Thanksgiving is an advantage and since both them and the Pack play this week and then next Thursday neither team has an advantage but the following week, they have a huge advantage...
most people feel that the NFC is weak and they have for years... the NFC will have to start winning Super Bowls again to regain even status...
I honestly feel if the Boys make the Super Bowl that they will beat the AFC representative...

honestly, I think a Steeler team at the top of their game could beat New England...one late hit on Brady and well...

Old Tiger
11-19-2007, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Just part of being a great qb...ask Favre, Marino, or others. lol. Favre holds the record for interceptions.

themsu97
11-19-2007, 06:30 PM
be interested to know how many he threw in that first year when he went 0-15 as a starter

Old Tiger
11-19-2007, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by themsu97
be interested to know how many he threw in that first year when he went 0-15 as a starter http://www.nfl.com/players/brettfavre/profile?id=FAV540222

Safe to say he averages around 17 interceptions a season!

themsu97
11-19-2007, 06:33 PM
how many came after the retirement of Novacek?
sorry, I was talking about Aikman

Old Tiger
11-19-2007, 06:34 PM
how many came after the retirement of Novacek?
sorry, I was talking about Aikman http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/AikmTr00.htm

g$$
11-19-2007, 06:54 PM
lol. Favre holds the record for interceptions.

Duh...& TDs too. Part of the deal when you throw it that much.

Old Tiger
11-19-2007, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Duh...& TDs too. Part of the deal when you throw it that much.
Interception #'s
Steve Young: 107
Troy Aikman: 141
Joe Montana: 139
Terry Bradshaw: 210
Johnny Unitas: 253
Dan Marino: 252
John Elway: 226
Brett Favre: 281

Attempts:
Steve Young: 4149
Troy Aikman: 4715
Joe Montana: 5391
Terry Bradshaw: 3091
Johnny Unitas: 5186
Dan Marino: 8358
John Elway: 7250
Brett Favre: 8607

Number of attempts divided by interceptions:
Steve Young: 1 every 38.78 attempts
Troy Aikman: 1 every 33.44 attempts
Joe Montana: 1 every 38.78 attempts
Terry Bradshaw: 1 every 12.22 attempts
Dan Marino: 1 every 33.17 attempts
John Elway: 1 every 32.08 attempts
Brett Favre: 1 every 30.63 attempts

Out of the few hall of fame QB's i have listed Terry is by far the worst when it comes to INT/Attempts ration followed by Brett favre.

g$$
11-20-2007, 01:44 AM
Interception #'s
Steve Young: 107
Troy Aikman: 141
Joe Montana: 139
Terry Bradshaw: 210
Johnny Unitas: 253
Dan Marino: 252
John Elway: 226
Brett Favre: 281

Attempts:
Steve Young: 4149
Troy Aikman: 4715
Joe Montana: 5391
Terry Bradshaw: 3091
Johnny Unitas: 5186
Dan Marino: 8358
John Elway: 7250
Brett Favre: 8607

Number of attempts divided by interceptions:
Steve Young: 1 every 38.78 attempts
Troy Aikman: 1 every 33.44 attempts
Joe Montana: 1 every 38.78 attempts
Terry Bradshaw: 1 every 12.22 attempts
Dan Marino: 1 every 33.17 attempts
John Elway: 1 every 32.08 attempts
Brett Favre: 1 every 30.63 attempts

Out of the few hall of fame QB's i have listed Terry is by far the worst when it comes to INT/Attempts ration followed by Brett favre.

Good #s, but 3091/210 = 14.7 for Bradshaw. What you have to remember about Bradshaw is he struggled big-time early in career. Even got benched for a while under Noll. But later on he was money & matured, a great player on a great team full of HOF (like 9). Great team on both sides of the ball. Bradshaw*, Webster*, Harris*, Stallworth*, Swann*, Greene*, Lambert*, Ham*, Shell, Greenwood, Blount*, etc. I would put that team up against anybody from any era. 9 HOF right there, plus Coach Chuck Noll.

JasperDog94
11-20-2007, 11:36 AM
...one late hit on Brady and well... If I were playing against Brady and they were up by 28 and going for it on 4th down inside the 20, I sure might be tempted to make sure that I got a lick on him.

Txbroadcaster
11-20-2007, 11:48 AM
For thos griping or mad at Aikman for being "anti-Cowboy"..What do you want him to do?

He is not paid by the Cowboys, his job is not to wax poetic about all things Cowboys. Fans in the other NFC east towns think he is Pro-Cowboys, so that means he is doing his job because he is pissing off everyone

As far as T-Day game and advantages, I would take what he says about it as gold, because he KNOWS. He went thru it and would truly know if it gave the Cowboys an advantage or not, it is not like he just said that with no knowledge of the situation

and to be honest it does give them an advantage, ESPECIALLY when the week before AND week after they have home games, but big deal, all teams have advantages and disadvantages during the season

themsu97
11-20-2007, 12:07 PM
which is why I miss Cowher... if he were coaching the Steelers and Bellichick( who has to be the most miserable guy on the face of the earth, but he learned from Parcells) started running the score up on him... I could see Cowher telling one of his guys to take Brady out...

crzyjournalist03
11-20-2007, 12:18 PM
which is why I miss Cowher... if he were coaching the Steelers and Bellichick( who has to be the most miserable guy on the face of the earth, but he learned from Parcells) started running the score up on him... I could see Cowher telling one of his guys to take Brady out...

I get the feeling that the Pats won't have the opportunity to run up the score against Pittsburgh...the Steelers have a lot to prove this year...I expect them to give them every bit of a scare, although the Pats will still probably win it.

Jason1725
11-20-2007, 12:53 PM
The Steelers wont cheap shot someone on purpose but the Ravens will.

themsu97
11-20-2007, 01:11 PM
Cowher would have... watch him on TV when they ask him about it and how he kind of answers the question like a politician