PDA

View Full Version : VERNON vs SWEETWATER????

Texasfootball2
11-19-2007, 11:49 AM
Where's all the Vernon/Sweetwater talk. I figure there would be a butt load of trash talking in regards to this game.

Where is this game being played and lets here some predictions.

jason
11-19-2007, 11:50 AM
vernon by 14+

Sweetwater Red
11-19-2007, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
Where's all the Vernon/Sweetwater talk. I figure there would be a butt load of trash talking in regards to this game.

Where is this game being played and lets here some predictions.

Not going to do any trash talking here. 47-12 is hard to defend.

I'm just glad Astin Whiteside has graduated.:D

Sweetwater in an "mild" upset.:thinking:

nobogey72
11-19-2007, 12:04 PM
.....low-scoring tie with a lot of minor injuries.....:D

I'm like you, TF2, I thought we'd have already heard a lot of smack from Snyder posters jacking with Sweetwater. Snyder guys may be too worried about the possibility of having to play Graham in a couple of weeks to worry about jacking with the Sweetwater guys.

As far as the Sweetwater posters, all I can figure is that they are all still hung over this morning and haven't turned their computers on yet. :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

RedWhiteBlue
11-19-2007, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Not going to do any trash talking here. 47-12 is hard to defend.

I'm just glad Astin Whiteside has graduated.:D

Sweetwater in an "mild" upset.:thinking:
Couggghhhh- have you heard of the other Whiteside???
He hasn't graduated......
I'm saying Vernon and no upset- except for your the Sweetwater peoples......

Sweetwater Red
11-19-2007, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue
I'm saying Vernon and no upset- except for your the Sweetwater peoples......
I completely don't understand this.
:confused: :confused: :confused:

That other Whiteside didn't run the ball down our throats last
year.

Vernon is a slight favorite. If sweetwater wins it will be a mild
upset.

Vernon is not the underdog. If Vernon wins it won't be an upset.:thumbsup:

Has anybody seen my flash cards? I think I'm gonna need them
again.:thinking:

Butkus
11-19-2007, 12:23 PM

year.

upset.

again.:thinking: Better getem out Red. rwb tends ta get stirred up and doesnt always read sa well ifin ya no whut i mean.:D

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-19-2007, 12:27 PM
I think Vernon would be considered the favorite. But not by much. I would agree with Sweetwater Red that if the Mustangs win it would be a mild upset, but it wouldn't be all that surprising. Both teams are good and it should be a great game. I think Vernon is playing well right now, other than their run defense...needs work.

Astin Whiteside won a lot of games for Vernon last year...that is for sure. We have several backs this year that together win games. I really like #48 our fullback. He is very hard to bring down and I bet averages about 7-8 yards a carry. Punishing runner like Whiteside was. Although they will only run him about 4 or 5 times a game. Watch for him.

DU_stud04
11-19-2007, 12:29 PM
this game will be won in the trenches, the line that is more dominant will end up victorious.

RedWhiteBlue
11-19-2007, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Butkus
Better getem out Red. rwb tends ta get stirred up and doesnt always read sa well ifin ya no whut i mean.:D
Thanks Butkus- you would definitely know about not reading well. What I meant was....... nm

RedWhiteBlue
11-19-2007, 12:34 PM
J/K Butkus- you know I love you....:inlove:

Butkus
11-19-2007, 12:38 PM
Thanks Butkus- you would definitely know about not reading well. What I meant was....... nm No maam ole Butkus dont have much book learnin but i have learned a thing or too bout readin people though. Sometimes u jump in with both feet when it involves ya district afore u realize things like that ole Red wuz at tha game with Vernon las year and nos whut 47-12 looks like.:rolleyes:

Sorry ifin i hurt ya feelins wuznt somethin i meant ta do.

fury900
11-19-2007, 12:38 PM
ZONE FORECASTS FOR THE SOUTH PLAINS AREA
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE LUBBOCK TX
302 AM CST MON NOV 19 2007

TXZ035-192230-
LUBBOCK-
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...LUBBOCK...SLATON...WOLFFORTH

FRIDAY: CLOUDY WITH A 30 PERCENT CHANCE OF SNOW AND RAIN. HIGHS
IN THE LOWER 40S.
FRIDAY NIGHT: CLOUDY. WIDESPREAD FOG. WIDESPREAD FREEZING
DRIZZLE. LOWS IN THE LOWER 20S.

DU_stud04
11-19-2007, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by fury900

TXZ035-192230-
LUBBOCK-

IN THE LOWER 40S.
DRIZZLE. LOWS IN THE LOWER 20S. :( :( :(

Butkus
11-19-2007, 12:40 PM
J/K Butkus- you know I love you....:inlove: :kiss: thanks like i said didnt mean ta cause u problems thats reserved fur tha younguns. Ole Butkus an his bruthers wuz raised ta respect tha women else momma would get a hunk of us ifin ya no what i mean.

Texasfootball2
11-19-2007, 12:41 PM

TXZ035-192230-
LUBBOCK-

IN THE LOWER 40S.

Since both of these teams are heavy run oriented offenses, I don't think the weather will play much of a factor. Don't know much about Vernons kickers but nothing can bother Sweetwater's kickers, even they will admit there horrible.

bigron15
11-19-2007, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
I think Vernon is playing well right now, other than their run defense...needs work.

better patch up that run defense. i didnt go to the game friday but the paper said McCoy from swater had something like 245 yards on 13 carries. great game passing too although the paper had last years qb throwing 3 passes for 67 yards lol

Butkus
11-19-2007, 12:45 PM
Since both of these teams are heavy run oriented offenses, I don't think the weather will play much of a factor. Don't know much about Vernons kickers but nothing can bother Sweetwater's kickers, even they will admit there horrible. Whut kickin game:(

DaHop72
11-19-2007, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72

I'm like you, TF2, I thought we'd have already heard a lot of smack from Snyder posters jacking with Sweetwater. Snyder guys may be too worried about the possibility of having to play Graham in a couple of weeks to worry about jacking with the Sweetwater guys.

No, we are more worried about the Monahans Loboes this week. At this time of the year you better be worried about playing them one at a time because as I have said before "on any given Friday night".

RedWhiteBlue
11-19-2007, 12:54 PM
Really, us Steers know what lays ahead for those Stangs and it isn't easy by any means......

DaHop72
11-19-2007, 12:55 PM
Really, us Steers know what lays ahead for those Stangs and it isn't easy by any means...... Snyder got a touch of that as well last year, not something to look past or you will be hitting the hard courts.

STANG RED
11-19-2007, 01:03 PM

TXZ035-192230-
LUBBOCK-

IN THE LOWER 40S.

OUCH!!! Well at least we have a 4:00 p.m. kickoff. Maybe it wont get too bad till after the game is over.

I just cant get a feel for this game myself. I think both Sweetwater and Vernon have had much stronger teams in the past, but both have had some really good games this year. I know Swater has loads of underclassmen that have had to go through lots of developing and growing up this season, and that probably has a lot to do with their up and down play. I suspect Vernon has had much of the same thing this season. I think it is just going to come down to who happens to put the best game together on that day that will win. I hope it's Sweetwater, but I really think this is a toss up. I can see just about any scenario happening in this one. I do think the winner will be the one that sets the tempo early. 1/2 time adjustments will be huge I think, if it is close at the 1/2. As a homer I'll certainly pick Sweetwater, but I'm not gonna bet the farm on it, and think anyone would be a fool for doing so on either of these teams. I do expect a good competative ballgame by both.

Sweetwater Red
11-19-2007, 01:18 PM

TXZ035-192230-
LUBBOCK-

IN THE LOWER 40S.

I'm gonna be at this game. I'll be the one dressed like the kid
in the Christmas Story movie except I'll be in all red.:D

nobogey72
11-19-2007, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
No, we are more worried about the Monahans Loboes this week. At this time of the year you better be worried about playing them one at a time because as I have said before "on any given Friday night".

I understand. But, being a true Snyder poster, you could at least talk some smack about Sweetwater/Vernon. Where is blackmagic when you need him?

Sweetwater Red
11-19-2007, 01:30 PM
I understand. But, being a true Snyder poster, you could at least talk some smack about Sweetwater/Vernon. Where is blackmagic when you need him?

He's printing out a picture on high quality paper that I posted
on here yesterday. My understanding is he's going to have it
framed and setting right next to his picture of coach Jackson on
his desk. :eek: :thinking: :devil:

RedWhiteBlue
11-19-2007, 01:34 PM
I'm gonna be at this game. I'll be the one dressed like the kid
in the Christmas Story movie except I'll be in all red.:D
That's good- at least you won't be "Frageelaaaaeeee" like the leg lamp- which I always think of when I see RM's avatar......

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-19-2007, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
OUCH!!! Well at least we have a 4:00 p.m. kickoff. Maybe it wont get too bad till after the game is over.

I just cant get a feel for this game myself. I think both Sweetwater and Vernon have had much stronger teams in the past, but both have had some really good games this year. I know Swater has loads of underclassmen that have had to go through lots of developing and growing up this season, and that probably has a lot to do with their up and down play. I suspect Vernon has had much of the same thing this season. I think it is just going to come down to who happens to put the best game together on that day that will win. I hope it's Sweetwater, but I really think this is a toss up. I can see just about any scenario happening in this one. I do think the winner will be the one that sets the tempo early. 1/2 time adjustments will be huge I think, if it is close at the 1/2. As a homer I'll certainly pick Sweetwater, but I'm not gonna bet the farm on it, and think anyone would be a fool for doing so on either of these teams. I do expect a good competative ballgame by both.

Vernon is top heavy with seniors – or at least that is the way I perceive it. Although we do have some underclassmen that start, we have a lot of returners from last year. This is the best Vernon team that I have seen in many years. I feel like they are better than last year’s team. Well this is the first time they have won the district in 10 years if that says anything about them.

The only weakness I see is that they have given up a lot of yards up the middle. For the most part though they have kept everything in front of them and even though they have given up a lot of rushing yards, they have not given up a lot of points. Last week’s game for example.

I think they perform better (defensively) against a spread team that passes a lot. Our secondary is one of the best in years.

I would say that stopping Sweetwater's dive and or midline dive option will be key to Vernon's success defensively. Vernon has great speed to the outside so I don't think Swater beats the Lions around the corner. It will be up the middle. Vernon's Williams (QB & Safety) has roughly speaking 6 or 7 picks this year. I'm not sure exactly, but if the Mustangs go to the air, the Qb better be spot on or it may go the other way. No just throwing something up and hoping against the Lion secondary.

The middle run will be key and I'm sure that the Vernon coaches are working on this in practice. I would.

Vernon's offense has looked good and continues to look good. We can actually pass and I would expect to see the Lions come out slinging like we did against Graham. We also have some great running backs and the Swater defensive line and Lb's will get a lot of tackles as the Lions do like to run it a lot. These backs have the speed to take it to the house should someone miss a tackle. The biggest difference in this Vernon team is that they actually have a good passing game. They will roll out the Qb (Who is a Todd Dodge UNT commit by the way) and he will throw it to receivers dragging or he will just run it.

Vernon is 10-1 the one loss coming to Clyde where we had 7 turnovers. I sure would have liked to have had a rematch with Clyde but they lost so it will never happen.

This should be a good game -- be ready because the Lions have a heck of a football team.

RedWhiteBlue
11-19-2007, 02:05 PM
Vernon is top heavy with seniors – or at least that is the way I perceive it.- Z Motion
Graham is, too. Seems like....... I hope our underclassmen are ready to step up next year.

lion75
11-19-2007, 02:19 PM
I think the lack of trash talk comes from the mutual respect that these programs have earned from each other. Also, history tells us that this matchup has hardly ever gone according to plan. I 'll take Vernon by 3 in a range war.

Sweetwater Red
11-19-2007, 03:09 PM
Vernon scores on a very wind added 58 yard field goal.:thinking:

Sweetwater scores after a big gain on a misdirection run play. We
attempt an extra point into a stiff wind that lands 10 yards
behind the kicker.:thinking:

Sweetwater wins 6-3.:D :devil:

bigron15
11-19-2007, 04:33 PM
M&G at halftime????

STANG RED
11-19-2007, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by bigron15
M&G at halftime????

Dont know if theres anyone on here that knows enough about that stadium that could suggest a meeting place.
Anyone know???

Sweetwater Red
11-19-2007, 04:39 PM
Dont know if theres anyone on here that knows enough about that stadium that could suggest a meeting place.
Anyone know???

Never been there in my life. I'll be honest. I'll probably be in the
truck thawing out at halftime.:(

Texasfootball2
11-19-2007, 04:41 PM
Anyone know???

The stadium is out in the middle of nowhere, actually across the street from the school. It's just open. They do have some extremely nice concession stands and restrooms though.

bigron15
11-19-2007, 04:43 PM
what is the stadiums name?

Texasfootball2
11-19-2007, 04:44 PM
what is the stadiums name?

I think it's Tiger stadium?

STANG RED
11-19-2007, 04:45 PM
The stadium is out in the middle of nowhere, actually across the street from the school. It's just open. They do have some extremely nice concession stands and restrooms though.

Yeah I know where the stadium is, and I hear its a nice facility. But I dont know if there is access from one side to the other.

nobogey72
11-19-2007, 04:45 PM
Vernon is top heavy with seniors – or at least that is the way I perceive it.- Z Motion
Graham is, too. Seems like....... I hope our underclassmen are ready to step up next year.

Speaking of top heavy, ya'll should have seen Decatur's cheerleaders. What I mean is---- they all looked like Seniors. They will have a lot of rebuilding to do next year.:cheerl: :thumbsup:

bigron15
11-19-2007, 04:47 PM
i looked it up on texas bob and it doesnt look very nice. i guess it is just a bad pic. all it shows is the outside of the home stands.

STANG RED
11-19-2007, 04:49 PM
i looked it up on texas bob and it doesnt look very nice. i guess it is just a bad pic. all it shows is the outside of the home stands.

Anyone know who the home team will be?

RedWhiteBlue
11-19-2007, 04:52 PM
Speaking of top heavy, ya'll should have seen Decatur's cheerleaders. What I mean is---- they all looked like Seniors. They will have a lot of rebuilding to do next year.:cheerl: :thumbsup:
Nice Bogey..... not reading PMs today?

RedWhiteBlue
11-19-2007, 05:15 PM
Nice Bogey..... not reading PMs today?
I resent.

RedWhiteBlue
11-19-2007, 06:21 PM
I resent.
Should I retype and send?

VERNONLION#1
11-19-2007, 06:36 PM
Vernon scores on a very wind added 58 yard field goal.:thinking:

Sweetwater scores after a big gain on a misdirection run play. We
attempt an extra point into a stiff wind that lands 10 yards
behind the kicker.:thinking:

Sweetwater wins 6-3.:D :devil:

If it comes down to the kickers then Vernon has that edge. I watched our kicker during pregame in Amarillo on Sat. and he was making 50 yds easily. I might add that there was very little to no wind before kickoff.

nobogey72
11-19-2007, 06:44 PM
Should I retype and send?

still nothing.:(

bigron15
11-19-2007, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by VERNONLION#1
If it comes down to the kickers then Vernon has that edge. I watched our kicker during pregame in Amarillo on Sat. and he was making 50 yds easily. I might add that there was very little to no wind before kickoff.

but in a tight game...would u send out your kicker for a game winning 50 yard field goal if the score was for example 21-20 sweetwater?

RedWhiteBlue
11-19-2007, 06:58 PM
still nothing.:( 1 mo time!!!!!

STANG RED
11-19-2007, 07:00 PM

You mean to tell me a football can actually be kicked farther than 30 yards.:confused:
Did the UIL forget to tell Sweetwater of this rule?:mad:

swstangs001
11-19-2007, 08:29 PM
Vernon's Williams (QB & Safety) has roughly speaking 6 or 7 picks this year. I'm not sure exactly, but if the Mustangs go to the air, the Qb better be spot on or it may go the other way. No just throwing something up and hoping against the Lion secondary.

we may not throw the the ball much but our QB is dead accurate

swstangs001
11-19-2007, 08:34 PM
Anyone know who the home team will be?

sweetwater is home team

sweetwater07
11-19-2007, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by swstangs001
we may not throw the the ball much but our QB is dead accurate

i'd rather him run than throw the ball

SNYDER325TIGERS
11-19-2007, 08:38 PM
GO MUSTANGS!!!!

swstangs001
11-19-2007, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
i'd rather him run than throw the ball

hes going to run...but i mean how bad can he mess up if he only throws the ball about 3 times a game??

sweetwater07
11-19-2007, 09:09 PM
hes going to run...but i mean how bad can he mess up if he only throws the ball about 3 times a game??

3 picks??....just tell thomas to run, run, and run

VWG
11-19-2007, 09:21 PM

Asked this at the end of the season, but somebody has to know.
What was Vernon's JV/Fish records?

stangGirl2007
11-19-2007, 09:32 PM
M&G at halftime????

Sure, I will be there. Who all is planning on going? If it is too cold to meet at the game then maybe we can meet before or something.

garciap77
11-19-2007, 09:44 PM
Never been there in my life. I'll be honest. I'll probably be in the
truck thawing out at halftime.:(

I took these pics last year vs frenship! Lighting was bad and so were my pics.
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/DSC_0018.jpg

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/DSC_0002.jpg

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/DSC_0008.jpg

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/DSC_0001.jpg

I like this one better!
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/sweetwatergame.jpg

swstangs001
11-19-2007, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
I took these pics last year vs frenship! Lighting was bad and so were my pics.

I like this one better!
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/sweetwatergame.jpg

is it just me or do those endzones look a little more red than usual?

garciap77
11-19-2007, 09:58 PM
I fixed the color!!!

SNYDER325TIGERS
11-19-2007, 10:02 PM
is it just me or do those endzones look a little more red than usual?

this pic must be old cuz last time i was at the rustang bowl they were pink

garciap77
11-19-2007, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by SNYDER325TIGERS

It was the day before we play Sweetwater High this year! If you want I can Change the color back to pink! :eek: :eek:

Mustangpride09
11-19-2007, 10:50 PM

Last time I was at Tiger Stadium it didn't have grass.

SNYDER325TIGERS
11-19-2007, 10:55 PM
It was the day before we play Sweetwater High this year! If you want I can Change the color back to pink! :eek: :eek:

yeah man

SNYDER325TIGERS
11-19-2007, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Mustangpride09

budddy our grass stays green all year around

swstangs001
11-19-2007, 10:57 PM

:clap: :doh: maybe snyder can get a donation and put in some turf like we did, im tired of people always saying snyder is afraid to play us on turf, does the surface really matter that much??

Mustangpride09
11-19-2007, 10:57 PM
budddy our grass stays green all year around

I never said the grass doesnt stay green.....there just isnt much of it.

Mustangpride09
11-19-2007, 10:59 PM
Not much bleacher room either.

So, would you rather have slightly faded endzones made of turf, or dirt endzones and hardly any seating room?

swstangs001
11-19-2007, 11:00 PM
didnt they have to bring in seating a few years ago...they also had to do that at wylie last year, theyre wasnt enough room so the band sat in chairs on the field

swstangs001
11-19-2007, 11:03 PM
theyre

im gonna shutup now i feel dumb

Sweetwater Red
11-20-2007, 09:24 AM
You mean to tell me a football can actually be kicked farther than 30 yards.:confused:
Did the UIL forget to tell Sweetwater of this rule?:mad:

James Beckwith was the only one that knew this. He took the
secret with him when he graduated.:thinking: :(

Sweetwater Red
11-20-2007, 11:11 AM
An excerpt from the ARN.

n If you're planning to attend Sweetwater's area-round game with Vernon on Friday, don't blink. You may miss it.

With Sweetwater (7-4) running the wishbone and Vernon (10-1) killing clock with its wing-T, the only time the clock may stop at Wolfforth Frenship is during intermission.

If there is a combined total of more than 15 passes thrown in this game, you should walk away surprised.

"We've had some wars with them over the years," said Sweetwater coach Kent Jackson with a laugh. "Our games never last too long, because we both get that clock going.

"In fact coach (Keith) Hall and I laughed about it. Some of our games have been the shortest we've been involved in."

http://reporternews.com/news/2007/nov/20/there-is-crying-in-postseason-football/

Butkus
11-20-2007, 11:23 AM
An excerpt from the ARN.

n If you're planning to attend Sweetwater's area-round game with Vernon on Friday, don't blink. You may miss it.

With Sweetwater (7-4) running the wishbone and Vernon (10-1) killing clock with its wing-T, the only time the clock may stop at Wolfforth Frenship is during intermission.

If there is a combined total of more than 15 passes thrown in this game, you should walk away surprised.

"We've had some wars with them over the years," said Sweetwater coach Kent Jackson with a laugh. "Our games never last too long, because we both get that clock going.

"In fact coach (Keith) Hall and I laughed about it. Some of our games have been the shortest we've been involved in."

http://reporternews.com/news/2007/nov/20/there-is-crying-in-postseason-football/ Heck thar Red ole Butkus been ahearin that them lions gotta qb that can flat out fling it ifin they need to. Imma hopin they need to.:devil:

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-20-2007, 11:30 AM
Nice article and I recall in 2003 the game lasted 2 hours.

Now the real deal...Vernon will throw the ball. We have a very special QB in that he can throw on the run or decide to just run. Vernon will roll him out (like they did against Graham) and he will either hit someone across the middle who is dragging or he will just run it. He is a talented athlete.

Sweetwater Red
11-20-2007, 11:44 AM

Now the real deal...Vernon will throw the ball. We have a very special QB in that he can throw on the run or decide to just run. Vernon will roll him out (like they did against Graham) and he will either hit someone across the middle who is dragging or he will just run it. He is a talented athlete.

I was at that 2003 game. I still can't get over Eric Favors out
jumping Giles Montgomery on that 4th down play that sealed
the deal for Vernon.:(

lion75
11-20-2007, 11:46 AM

Now the real deal...Vernon will throw the ball. We have a very special QB in that he can throw on the run or decide to just run. Vernon will roll him out (like they did against Graham) and he will either hit someone across the middle who is dragging or he will just run it. He is a talented athlete. There is a good article on Williams at http://blogs.scripps.com/trn/1standtrn/2007/11/williams_shines_on_both_sides.html#more

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-20-2007, 11:48 AM
I was at that 2003 game. I still can't get over Eric Favors out
jumping Giles Montgomery on that 4th down play that sealed
the deal for Vernon.:(

I know. That was a huge play for us. Both Giles and Eric have done very well at the college level.

Eric has won two or three conference championships at Southeastern Oklahoma...Giles (I assume) has several rings from bowl games won while at TCU.

I really enjoy following the high school players that I get an opportunity to see play in high school that go on to play college ball. These young men have no idea how many fans they have.

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-20-2007, 11:49 AM
I was looking for Dee Walker at the WT - Washburn game last weekend, but I did not see him play if he even got in. He sure was a great player for Snyder.

Snyder_TigerFan
11-20-2007, 11:52 AM
I was looking for Dee Walker at the WT - Washburn game last weekend, but I did not see him play if he even got in. He sure was a great player for Snyder.

He sure was. I believe they have him playing LB, but I don't know how much playing time he's getting.

Snyder_TigerFan
11-20-2007, 11:54 AM
I really enjoy following the high school players that I get an opportunity to see play in high school that go on to play college ball. These young men have no idea how many fans they have.

I know what you mean! I was sure wanting Tech to beat OU, but I enjoyed seeing Manuel Johnson play well.

Sweetwater Red
11-20-2007, 11:56 AM
I know. That was a huge play for us. Both Giles and Eric have done very well at the college level.

Eric has won two or three conference championships at Southeastern Oklahoma...Giles (I assume) has several rings from bowl games won while at TCU.

TCU signed Giles as a DE. He moved to RG his sophmore year
and has started the last two years. He will be a senior next
year. I try to watch him but it's hard to follow the O-line when
watching on TV.:thinking: :D

Sweetwater Red
11-20-2007, 11:58 AM
Is Walker not at SMU anymore?

Snyder_TigerFan
11-20-2007, 12:02 PM
Is Walker not at SMU anymore?

Nope. He's at West Texas A&M now.

Sweetwater Red
11-20-2007, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan

Cool.

Sweetwater Red
11-20-2007, 12:13 PM
Well, I just got off the phone with Coach Jackson....okay it was
his secretary.:D

Sweetwater is designated as the home team.

Hey Black Magic. How come every time I go to "who's online" you
are viewing this thread?:thinking:

DaHop72
11-20-2007, 12:21 PM
He sure was. I believe they have him playing LB, but I don't know how much playing time he's getting. Dee is also playing on special teams.

Butkus
11-20-2007, 12:35 PM

Hey Black Magic. How come every time I go to "who's online" you
are viewing this thread?:thinking: Maybe cuz of this.:devil:

http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/7106/kyle1cc2thlg8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

nobogey72
11-20-2007, 02:30 PM

Didn't he grow up in Snyder his whole life?

DaHop72
11-20-2007, 02:32 PM
Didn't he grow up in Snyder his whole life? :rolleyes: Here we go again. As if you didn't already know the answer. He moved here with his father and two brothers when he was in high school.

Snyder_TigerFan
11-20-2007, 02:49 PM
:rolleyes: Here we go again. As if you didn't already know the answer. He moved here with his father and two brothers when he was in high school.

That new porche he drove to school sure was nice though.

:)

Ranger Mom
11-20-2007, 02:57 PM
That new porche he drove to school sure was nice though.

:)

Is that anything like a Porsche??:D :D

:kiss: :kiss:

DaHop72
11-20-2007, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

:kiss: :kiss: He did graduate from Snyder. :devil:

DU_stud04
11-20-2007, 03:01 PM
He did graduate from Snyder. :devil: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Snyder_TigerFan
11-20-2007, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

:kiss: :kiss:

He did graduate from Snyder. :devil:

:mad: :mad:
:D

STANG RED
11-20-2007, 04:41 PM
He did graduate from Snyder. :devil:

Snyder actually has graduation? :confused: Why?

LOL, sorry I just couldnt help myself.:D

garciap77
11-20-2007, 04:47 PM
QUOTE]Originally posted by Ranger Mom

:kiss: :kiss: [/QUOTE]

I was waiting for that RM!:D :D :D

Snyder_TigerFan
11-20-2007, 04:56 PM
My first mistake on the downlow in three years.;)

Sweetwater Red
11-20-2007, 05:10 PM
My first mistake on the downlow in three years.;)

Uhhhh....didn't you pick Bridgeport over Sweetwater?:confused: :D

Snyder_TigerFan
11-20-2007, 05:18 PM
Uhhhh....didn't you pick Bridgeport over Sweetwater?:confused: :D

You expected me to pick Sweetwater??:devil: Besides, you guys just got lucky.;)

bigron15
11-20-2007, 05:20 PM
You expected me to pick Sweetwater??:devil: Besides, you guys just got lucky.;)

kinda like yall got lucky against brownfield? :D

garciap77
11-20-2007, 05:24 PM
I say win the rest of the games and you'll both meet for the playoff game Sweetwater vs Snyder!

Sweetwater Red
11-21-2007, 10:50 AM
The Sweetwater Reporter uh...reports that district passes will
be accepted for this game.

Dominicfrank
11-21-2007, 11:21 AM
I think this game is going to be a close game. Vernon has been playing to level of their opp which good or bad makes for close games at this level of the playoffs. This will NOT be a game like last year.

swstangs001
11-21-2007, 12:55 PM
I say win the rest of the games and you'll both meet for the playoff game Sweetwater vs Snyder!

then the real trash talking will come out

SNYDER325TIGERS
11-21-2007, 01:52 PM
kinda like yall got lucky against brownfield? :D

LMAO

sweetwater07
11-21-2007, 03:39 PM
hope i don't get caught in any ice storms after this game

SNYDER325TIGERS
11-21-2007, 03:43 PM
hope i don't get caught in any ice storms after this game

Man dude, quit being a wimp!

sweetwater07
11-21-2007, 03:45 PM
Man dude, quit being a wimp!

wimp deez

wtxfootball08
11-21-2007, 04:20 PM

year.

upset.

again.:thinking:

little whiteside can't do anything once you hit him, except fumble... stay on him and that QB and you don't have alot to worry about because they are the core to their Offense as well as their Defense; Their Offensive line is also a little weak so take advantage of that and stay on the QB's As$ all night

Dominicfrank
11-21-2007, 05:19 PM
QB for Vernon cant be stopped, maybe if the whole team sold out but then all three ball carriers would have 100 yard games and Sweetwater would lose by 30.

Sweetwater Red
11-21-2007, 05:20 PM
wimp deez

If I hadn't watched Dave Chappel last night, I wouldn't have
got this at all.

:clap: :D :clap:

lion75
11-21-2007, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by wtxfootball08
little whiteside can't do anything once you hit him, except fumble... stay on him and that QB and you don't have alot to worry about because they are the core to their Offense as well as their Defense; Their Offensive line is also a little weak so take advantage of that and stay on the QB's As$ all night Good luck with that. I think your talking about wingback Murray who has had fumblitis all year. I don't think they've had a problem with Whiteside. And I will tell you right now you will be surprised at how hard he runs.

bigron15
11-21-2007, 07:24 PM
wimp deez

08 DEEZ haha class motto

VERNONLION#1
11-21-2007, 07:26 PM
little whiteside can't do anything once you hit him, except fumble... stay on him and that QB and you don't have alot to worry about because they are the core to their Offense as well as their Defense; Their Offensive line is also a little weak so take advantage of that and stay on the QB's As$ all night
LMAO!! That cold weather must have went to your brain already!

SNYDER325TIGERS
11-21-2007, 07:32 PM
wimp deez

dont you start with your smart mouth!!:D

sweetwater07
11-21-2007, 08:55 PM
31-21
Vernon

Budman007
11-21-2007, 10:10 PM
Vernon wins going away 31-13

lion75
11-22-2007, 09:52 AM
I just pulled this back from the third page. This is ridiculous. It's the day before the game and hardly a peep out of anyone. No smack. No nada. Maybe it's because this game could go either way and nobody wants to eat crow on Sat. morning...Hmmm....lets see if I can stir up ........Vernon will win 47-13 (score sound familiar?).. yeah thats it thats my prediction. As Jimmy Johnson once said "We will win the ballgame! and you can write it in 3 inch letters on the front page". Sweetwater's good. We know they're good. But Vernon's gonna whoop their .....

STANG RED
11-22-2007, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by lion75
I just pulled this back from the third page. This is ridiculous. It's the day before the game and hardly a peep out of anyone. No smack. No nada. Maybe it's because this game could go either way and nobody wants to eat crow on Sat. morning...Hmmm....lets see if I can stir up ........Vernon will win 47-13 (score sound familiar?).. yeah thats it thats my prediction. As Jimmy Johnson once said "We will win the ballgame! and you can write it in 3 inch letters on the front page". Sweetwater's good. We know they're good. But Vernon's gonna whoop their .....

It's Thanksgiving Day man. CHILL OUT ALREADY!!!
:mad: :D

lion75
11-22-2007, 10:08 AM
It's Thanksgiving Day man. CHILL OUT ALREADY!!!
:mad: :D Just goofin' around waiting on some turkey. My bad.

DaHop72
11-22-2007, 10:11 AM
Just goofin' around waiting on some turkey. My bad. He's kidding, notice the smile.:D

TigerPride
11-22-2007, 10:14 AM
can't blame him for being overly sensitive. they did get a beatin last year, and there going to get a beatin this year. vernon 47 sweetwater 13

lion75
11-22-2007, 10:17 AM
He's kidding, notice the smile.:D I really do need to figure out how to use those smiley faces. If you just click on the dot will it just put it at the top?

lion75
11-22-2007, 10:20 AM
I really do need to figure out how to use those smiley faces. If you just click on the dot will it just put it at the top? How do you put it at the end of your sentence? And how do you use the ones on your left? Please HELP ME Dahop72.

DaHop72
11-22-2007, 10:22 AM
I really do need to figure out how to use those smiley faces. If you just click on the dot will it just put it at the top? Just click on the smilie you want at the time you want it and it will insert it for you. If you want to :) click it and it will put it in where you want it. Otherwise it will be at the end of your post.:devil:

lion75
11-22-2007, 10:28 AM
let me :confused: try this. Cool. Thanks

TigerPride
11-22-2007, 10:30 AM
Just click on the smilie you want at the time you want it and it will insert it for you. If you want to :) click it and it will put it in where you want it. Otherwise it will be at the end of your post.:devil:

DaHop for mod.....

DU_stud04
11-22-2007, 10:32 AM
let me :confused: try this. Cool. Thanks now try this smiley
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g115/mexmustangs04/9.gif

:evil:

lion75
11-22-2007, 10:33 AM
I'm hitting the highway. I put my smack down 'cause I won't be back 'til tonight. Peace out!

lion75
11-22-2007, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
now try this smiley
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g115/mexmustangs04/9.gif

:evil: That's a little over my head

DaHop72
11-22-2007, 10:40 AM
let me :confused: try this. Cool. Thanks :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Sweetwater Red
11-22-2007, 12:29 PM
The Sweetwater Reporters take on the game.

http://www.sweetwaterreporter.com/content/view/60585/122/

I tried to look at the Vernon newspaper but I think you have to
pay to read it online.:confused:

wtxfootball08
11-22-2007, 10:04 PM
Good luck with that. I think your talking about wingback Murray who has had fumblitis all year. I don't think they've had a problem with Whiteside. And I will tell you right now you will be surprised at how hard he runs.

No i actually know who i'm talking about and you can tell me all you want i played against him--not taking anything away from him just telling my oppinion--and also that when we pinned him in the backfield he couldn't take hits without coughing the ball up

wtxfootball08
11-22-2007, 10:14 PM
LMAO!! That cold weather must have went to your brain already!

yeah either that or the 19 point win over yall...

People like you and Dfrank make me lose respect for your team...

I would love to see sweetwater over vernon, which could very well happen, especially if the team is as big headed as yall

bigron15
11-22-2007, 10:17 PM
so will there be a snow-bowl in Frenship? did it snow there? they cant plow it

lion75
11-23-2007, 12:25 AM
No i actually know who i'm talking about and you can tell me all you want i played against him--not taking anything away from him just telling my oppinion--and also that when we pinned him in the backfield he couldn't take hits without coughing the ball up How many times did you make him fumble in that game? And what game was it?

DU_stud04
11-23-2007, 12:31 AM
How many times did you make him fumble in that game? And what game was it? i looked at him and he just gave me the ball outta fear

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g115/mexmustangs04/a_happyme.gif

VERNONLION#1
11-23-2007, 08:46 AM
yeah either that or the 19 point win over yall...

People like you and Dfrank make me lose respect for your team...

I would love to see sweetwater over vernon, which could very well happen, especially if the team is as big headed as yall
Maybe you can listen to it on the radio. I would think that you could hear it in Clyde.:clap:

vlion75grad
11-23-2007, 10:55 AM
Does anyone know about the field conditions?

BILLYFRED0000
11-23-2007, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by vlion75grad
Does anyone know about the field conditions?

Probably just a little wet. Traction will be moderate. In this matchup I do not expect the conditions to dictate that much because style of play of both teams is more run heavy. Vernon has been playing well lately and I think they should win.

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-23-2007, 11:36 AM
I was sure looking froward to a Vernon/Clyde re-match. I was one of the first to say that Clyde had a real team. The Bulldogs beat us. No excuses from me on that one.

I also was looking for a rematch because I think Vernon has better athletes and should they play again, I believe that Vernon would beat Clyde. The turnovers killed any chance of us to win in the first meeting. But since Clyde did not hold up their end of the bargain I must now say that Vernon is better at this point in the season. No way to disprove me either since Clyde is out. Out of the playoffs, done for the year. Not district champs and not bi district champs.

The Vernon Lions are District Champs and Bi-District Champs. That is fact.

Now what I say also can be said of the Graham posters and they will hope to get a rematch with Vernon because they think that we got over on them due to turnovers -- and they have somewhat of an argument to make. I also hope for a rematch so Vernon can settle it, should Vernon beat Graham again no excuses and I don't feel like we would get any here on the downlow.

Now both the Lions and Steers have to win. So good luck to both clubs as I look forward to a rematch with the Steers rather than the Bulldogs.

Not that I take it for granted that we will beat Sweetwater, as they have a good football team. We will have our hands full today and should we win we still have another game next week so one week at a time, but I just can't help myself to think ahead.

Sweetwater Red
11-23-2007, 11:44 AM
I was sure looking froward to a Vernon/Clyde re-match. I was one of the first to say that Clyde had a real team. The Bulldogs beat us. No excuses from me on that one.

I also was looking for a rematch because I think Vernon has better athletes and should they play again, I believe that Vernon would beat Clyde. The turnovers killed any chance of us to win in the first meeting. But since Clyde did not hold up their end of the bargain I must now say that Vernon is better at this point in the season. No way to disprove me either since Clyde is out. Out of the playoffs, done for the year. Not district champs and not bi district champs.

Now what I say also can be said of the Graham posters and they will hope to get a rematch with Vernon because they think that we got over on them due to turnovers -- and they have somewhat of an argument to make. I also hope for a rematch so Vernon can settle it, should Vernon beat Graham again no excuses and I don't feel like we would get any here on the downlow.

Now both the Lions and Steers have to win. So good luck to both clubs as I look forward to a rematch with the Steers rather than the Bulldogs.

Not that I take it for granted that we will beat Sweetwater, as they have a good football team. We will have our hands full today and should we win we still have another game next week so one week at a time, but I just can't help myself to think ahead.

How dare you look past Sweetwater and ahead to a possible
match up against your rival.:mad:

Sweetwater fans would NEVER do that.:rolleyes:

What time does Snyder play again?:thinking: :D

Phantom Stang
11-23-2007, 12:00 PM
I'd love to see Sweetwater beat Vernon.
Too bad it won't happen.:(

I'm staying in the Metroplex this weekend, so they'll have to do it without me!:D

wtxfootball08
11-23-2007, 12:59 PM
How many times did you make him fumble in that game? And what game was it?

Clyde; i believe two

wtxfootball08
11-23-2007, 01:21 PM

haha that doesn't mean anything who did yall play first round?? District champs--Congratulations... we lost one game in overtime to lose district in which we got jiffed i think you can look back on film and see that... Hand it to Argyle they are a good team and took care of business-- and so is graham and i would love to see them have another shot at yall.. As for you--you can't go by who won district and who won bi-district.. cuz we didnt play the same district; Nor did we play a 3-7 team first round... if Graham is to win tonight i am convinced they will go further than vernon; with that in mind, does that make them a better team then yall even though yall beat them?? not necessarily(however i still think graham is); as a matter of fact i think you would still be on the downlow saying how yall beat Graham, and how yall are still better than them and that they are lucky that yall got knocked out.

And the bottom of the line is we beat ya'll; you can't overturn that--i don't care what yall are doing in the playoffs because we are out; say all you want about that but that is unchangeable, and not to mention irrelevant to the fact that we beat you...

Go s-water

swstangs001
11-23-2007, 01:31 PM
haha that doesn't mean anything who did yall play first round?? District champs--Congratulations... we lost one game in overtime to lose district in which we got jiffed i think you can look back on film and see that... Hand it to Argyle they are a good team and took care of business-- and so is graham and i would love to see them have another shot at yall.. As for you--you can't go by who won district and who won bi-district.. cuz we didnt play the same district; Nor did we play a 3-7 team first round... if Graham is to win tonight i am convinced they will go further than vernon; with that in mind, does that make them a better team then yall even though yall beat them?? not necessarily(however i still think graham is); as a matter of fact i think you would still be on the downlow saying how yall beat Graham, and how yall are still better than them and that they are lucky that yall got knocked out.

And the bottom of the line is we beat ya'll; you can't overturn that--i don't care what yall are doing in the playoffs because we are out; say all you want about that but that is unchangeable, and not to mention irrelevant to the fact that we beat you...

Go s-water

:clap: :eek: :clap: :eek: :clap: :eek:

bigron15
11-23-2007, 01:38 PM
so is there going to be a M&G or not?

lakers
11-23-2007, 01:47 PM
Clyde; i believe two

dang, 2, that is a really modest #. lol

bigron15
11-23-2007, 02:09 PM
yea so how bout that M&G?

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-23-2007, 11:03 PM
What up wtxfootball08? Another win for Vernon...hum...Clyde is out brother -- out of it done. Vernon still alive...better than Clyde yes.

What else is there to say. We are still playing.

Dominicfrank
11-23-2007, 11:13 PM

Go s-water

Look at it this way, you can take pride in being the olny team to beat the State champs. I would be proud of that too. With our run now officailly three rounds deep and yours being one and done and not even close to a game against Argyle everyone can safely say you just caught Vernon looking ahead and , lets face it LUCKY. What I have been saying every time about the 7 TO's was right all along and now we all know it was true.

DaHop72
11-23-2007, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by Dominicfrank
Look at it this way, you can take pride in being the olny team to beat the State champs. Well, well, well, Frankie I didn't know that everyone else had conceded and given the State Title to Vernon.:rolleyes: Congrats Vernon State Champs Div. II 2007.:rolleyes:

Dominicfrank
11-23-2007, 11:21 PM
Well, well, well, Frankie I didn't know that everyone else had conceded and given the State Title to Vernon.:rolleyes: Congrats Vernon State Champs Div. II 2007.:rolleyes: Merely giving Clyde hope of looking back at their season with even more pride. Right now they are saying " At least we beat the Area champs Vernon !" It would be even nicer if they could say that about the State champs, right??????? Vernon would stun the 3A world if they pulled out a state title, they will have to bring it up about 5 more nothces, which I know they can it is just WILL THEY ?

VERNONLION#1
11-24-2007, 12:26 AM

Go s-water
Go shoot some hoops. Z motion hit the nail on the head in an earlier post to you. Clyde is done for the year. See ya kid.

Stownhorse
11-24-2007, 01:44 AM
Go shoot some hoops. Z motion hit the nail on the head in an earlier post to you. Clyde is done for the year. See ya kid.

Dude Vernon will be hitting the hoops this year without a state ring so it really doesnt matter. Yall will be airing up the b-balls soon enough.

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-24-2007, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
Dude Vernon will be hitting the hoops this year without a state ring so it really doesnt matter. Yall will be airing up the b-balls soon enough.

The Lions look good, this may be the year. 3 gold footballs already.

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-24-2007, 01:53 AM
Williams, Lions whip Sweetwater, 25-7

John Hasselmeier/For the Times Record News
Saturday, November 24, 2007

Click here for Story (http://www.timesrecordnews.com/news/2007/nov/24/williams-lions-whip-sweetwater-25-7/)

sweetwater07
11-24-2007, 02:45 AM
The Lions look good, this may be the year. 3 gold footballs already.

don't hold your breath

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-24-2007, 11:06 AM
don't hold your breath

Vernon Lions 11-1 with wins over: Graham, Decatur, Burkburnett, Sweetwater who are all quality teams.

I may just hold my breath as we have something special here in Vernon this year.

Butkus
11-24-2007, 11:16 AM
Vernon Lions 11-1 with wins over: Graham, Decatur, Burkburnett, Sweetwater who are all quality teams.

I may just hold my breath as we have something special here in Vernon this year. Ya no ole z ole Butkus likes ta read ur post but u no well as i do that ur lions still gotta win four more hard fought games ta get thar. Ole Butkus likes fur a team ta playem one atta time.;)

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-24-2007, 11:21 AM
Ya no ole z ole Butkus likes ta read ur post but u no well as i do that ur lions still gotta win four more hard fought games ta get thar. Ole Butkus likes fur a team ta playem one atta time.;)

I know and I'm still aware of Graham (again) or Argyle, Snyder and Celina. Great teams all of them.

I know nothing of Seminole either.

I agree one at a time.

Butkus
11-24-2007, 11:22 AM
Congrats to tha Mustangs. We new u wuz young frum tha start an it wasnt a bad season to have got to tha second round. Work hard an u guys will be back bettern ever next year.

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-24-2007, 11:25 AM
Congrats to tha Mustangs. We new u wuz young frum tha start an it wasnt a bad season to have got to tha second round. Work hard an u guys will be back bettern ever next year.

I agree, I think they have a lot of potential coming back. The Mustangs always have speed and athletes.

Sweetwater Red
11-24-2007, 03:24 PM
Congrats Vernon and good luck the rest of the way.

:clap: :) :clap:

I thought it was a great game. We came out in the second
half and drove the ball down the field to make it 10-7. We had
ya'll at 3rd and what 15 or 20. Ya'lls QB back made a great
pass to a WR in the end zone from what like ya'lls 40? That and
the 2 point conversion was a real momentum breaker.

How tall is #81 or #88?:thinking: He looked like he was a legit
6'8".:eek:

Snydertigersrul
11-24-2007, 03:30 PM

What, Snyder won't play Sweetwater against in the playoffs. I was counting on it.

Stownhorse
11-24-2007, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
What, Snyder won't play Sweetwater against in the playoffs. I was counting on it.

Sadly yall wont.

garciap77
11-24-2007, 03:51 PM
Z motion 10 out on 2 did this player (# 70)give your team a hard time?

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/DSC_4132.jpg

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/DSC_4277.jpg

I think he so far the best nose guard I've seen this year! Go luck Vernon in the playoffs!

wtxfootball08
11-25-2007, 12:16 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Stownhorse
Dude Vernon will be hitting the hoops this year without a state ring so it really doesnt matter. Yall will be airing up the b-balls soon enough. [/QUOTE

haha man nah--not till they win state in football.. lol they are in a world of there own up there in vernon.... I guess they could hang with Wylie too...

wtxfootball08
11-25-2007, 12:32 AM
Dude you don't play anyone until you meet the top half of region one (exception with sweetwater) in which yall will not win.. you need to get that through your thick head. I am going enjoy;yalls loss to snyder or argyle..

were you at the Vernon/Clyde game?? if so i think you would know we beat yall not only off of the FORCED turnovers but the 220 rsh yds. and 190 rcv.

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-25-2007, 11:47 PM
Dude you don't play anyone until you meet the top half of region one (exception with sweetwater) in which yall will not win.. you need to get that through your thick head. I am going enjoy;yalls loss to snyder or argyle..

were you at the Vernon/Clyde game?? if so i think you would know we beat yall not only off of the FORCED turnovers but the 220 rsh yds. and 190 rcv.

Two fumbles were on kickoffs that the returners just mishandled. Those were not forced??? I was at the game. Should Vernon and Clyde had another opportunity to play I think --in my opinion -- Vernon would have beaten them. Never know since Clyde was one and done. By the way Vernon has won the region 2 out of the last 4 years and is two wins away from winning it again. History shows that last year Vernon beat Snyder. I know that this is a new year ad all that, but Vernon is stout, they have history and they are winners.

My suggestion is to read these posts and not post until you know your way around. Good luck.

Z~

bigron15
11-26-2007, 02:27 AM
im not dogging on vernon but to tell you the truth, i think that clyde would win a rematch. idk why but vernon didnt impress me at all. clyde showed me more with a sound defense. it doesnt matter who they play, there will be a lot of turnovers

STANG RED
11-26-2007, 09:39 AM
im not dogging on vernon but to tell you the truth, i think that clyde would win a rematch. idk why but vernon didnt impress me at all. clyde showed me more with a sound defense. it doesnt matter who they play, there will be a lot of turnovers

Dont think so. Clyde's downfall is no passing game, much like Sweetwater. Shut down the run, they are dead in the water. It wouldnt be a blowout with Clyde's good D, but Vernon would beat Clyde 8 out of 10 times, just not by much.

lion75
11-26-2007, 10:39 AM
im not dogging on vernon but to tell you the truth, i think that clyde would win a rematch. idk why but vernon didnt impress me at all. clyde showed me more with a sound defense. it doesnt matter who they play, there will be a lot of turnovers How is it with 157 yards of total offense that our defense didn't impress you? Are you saying SW had a real bad offense?

lion75
11-26-2007, 10:41 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Stownhorse
[B].. lol they are in a world of there own up there in vernon.... I guess they could hang with Wylie too... Probably could, since they couldn't handle Graham.

Black_Magic
11-26-2007, 02:38 PM
Who does Sweetwater play this week in basketball?

sweetwater07
11-26-2007, 02:47 PM
How is it with 157 yards of total offense that our defense didn't impress you? Are you saying SW had a real bad offense?

they didn't impress me much either Lion, sorry, but those kids are sloooowwwww

and if yall make it far enough to play Snyder i think Will Clay is gonna make yall look like a bunch of pee wee kids

hopefully i won't get a nice steaming pile of crow to eat along with this post..:D

Sweetwater Red
11-26-2007, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic

Wow! You're obsessed with Sweetwater's basketball team too!:eek:

sweetwater07
11-26-2007, 02:48 PM

don't you have some coaching to be doing, versus worrying about Sweetwater???

lion75
11-26-2007, 02:48 PM

and if yall make it far enough to play Snyder i think Will Clay is gonna make yall look like a bunch of pee wee kids
..:D Like he did last year?

lion75
11-26-2007, 02:51 PM

..:D Do you mean Vernon is slow or Sweetwater is slow?

Black_Magic
11-26-2007, 02:52 PM
Wow! You're obsessed with Sweetwater's basketball team too!:eek: wow! arnt we sore...:rolleyes: Simple question and this???:clap: :clap:

sweetwater07
11-26-2007, 02:54 PM
Do you mean Vernon is slow or Sweetwater is slow?

both were, i would have rather watched Snyder play....:eek: :eek:

lion75
11-26-2007, 02:56 PM
both were, i would have rather watched Snyder play....:eek: :eek: Dude, educate yourself. Vernon has considerably more speed than last years team.

STANG RED
11-26-2007, 02:57 PM
wow! arnt we sore...:rolleyes: Simple question and this???:clap: :clap:

Blackie, for the first time all season you finally have got some real work to do to earn your paycheck. I'd suggest you get to it, or you'll know all about basketball season real soon.

sweetwater07
11-26-2007, 03:01 PM
Dude, educate yourself. Vernon has considerably more speed than last years team.

don't get booty hurt, i'm just saying i wasn't impressed with Vernon

DaHop72
11-26-2007, 03:02 PM
Like he did last year? I'm not one to do alot of talking, but the Will Clay of '07 is not the same runner as he was in '06.

lion75
11-26-2007, 03:04 PM
don't get booty hurt, i'm just saying i wasn't impressed with Vernon I'm cool. No prob. But if a combined 72-20 against Sweetwater in the last two years doesn't impress you then I can live with it.

Sweetwater Red
11-26-2007, 03:07 PM
I'm cool. No prob. But if a combined 72-20 against Sweetwater in the last two years doesn't impress you then I can live with it.

Nothing to say here. Is ya'lls QB a senior?

sweetwater07
11-26-2007, 03:09 PM
I'm cool. No prob. But if a combined 72-20 against Sweetwater in the last two years doesn't impress you then I can live with it.

the points are not what impress me, the coaching staff is what impresses me, they can do so much with so little, when sweetwater can do so little with so much

lion75
11-26-2007, 03:11 PM
Nothing to say here. Is ya'lls QB a senior? Yes. And he is committed as a safety at North Texas next year. Lord knows they need defense there.

DU_stud04
11-26-2007, 03:12 PM
how big is yalls tight end?

Stownhorse
11-26-2007, 03:13 PM
Yes. And he is committed as a safety at North Texas next year. Lord knows they need defense there.

He isnt that good.

Sweetwater Red
11-26-2007, 03:16 PM
how big is yalls tight end?

I asked that before. No one would answer. I say 6'7'' at least.

DU_stud04
11-26-2007, 03:18 PM
I asked that before. No one would answer. I say 6'7'' at least. i thought he was gonna give sweetwater some problems after that first pass he jumped and got early first drive.... i dont think they completed another pass to him that night.

sweetwater07
11-26-2007, 03:20 PM
i thought he was gonna give sweetwater some problems after that first pass he jumped and got early first drive.... i dont think they completed another pass to him that night.

yeah i thought the same thing

but after that play i never saw him again

DU_stud04
11-26-2007, 03:20 PM
I asked that before. No one would answer. I say 6'7'' at least. i never saw him next to wallace...... so i cant really tell when everyone else from sweetwater is about 5'8'' haha

DaHop72
11-26-2007, 03:21 PM
He isnt that good. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Who were you watching??

DU_stud04
11-26-2007, 03:24 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Who were you watching?? i think the inside of his hoodie....too cold so he hid his face and guesstimated after seeing the final score and listening to the sweetwater fans

lion75
11-26-2007, 03:27 PM
He isnt that good. Don't quit your day job to become a scout.

DU_stud04
how tall is vernons te anyone?

Stownhorse
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Who were you watching??

Why you gotta break balls hop? Why you gotta break balls?

He really didnt do crap on defense. But I was just trying to get him riled up but along comes DaHop lol

lion75
11-26-2007, 03:31 PM
how big is yalls tight end? They have him listed at 6'3", but I agree he looks taller. He is one of our best hoopsters.

DaHop72
11-26-2007, 03:33 PM
Why you gotta break balls hop? Why you gotta break balls?

He really didnt do crap on defense. But I was just trying to get him riled up but along comes DaHop lol But that's been my job since you and sweetwater07 joined hasn't it? :D :D :D :D

lion75
11-26-2007, 03:34 PM
Why you gotta break balls hop?

He really didnt do crap on defense. Kinda hard to show out on D when your opponent attempts 3 passes all night ..(0-3-1) - 0 yards

DU_stud04
11-26-2007, 03:34 PM
They have him listed at 6'3", but I agree he looks taller. He is one of our best hoopsters. appreciate it :thumbsup:

i was thinking around 6'5''....but then again.... going against people that are atleast half a foot shorter than he is will obviously make him look bigger.

who knows...my license has me listed as 5'8'' hahaha

sweetwater07
11-26-2007, 03:42 PM
But that's been my job since you and sweetwater07 joined hasn't it? :D :D :D :D

don't hate cuz we don't get the senior citizen discount at Golden Corral:D

DaHop72
11-26-2007, 03:47 PM
don't hate cuz we don't get the senior citizen discount at Golden Corral:D :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Stownhorse
11-26-2007, 03:55 PM
Kinda hard to show out on D when your opponent attempts 3 passes all night ..(0-3-1) - 0 yards

All he can do is defend the pass?

Sweetwater Red
11-26-2007, 04:02 PM
They have him listed at 6'3", but I agree he looks taller. He is one of our best hoopsters.

Why couldn't you have just said "You're right Sweetwater Red,
he is 6'7''"?:D

bigron15
11-26-2007, 04:11 PM
How is it with 157 yards of total offense that our defense didn't impress you? Are you saying SW had a real bad offense?

that is exactly what i am saying. its not hard to guess what play we are running. up the middle....up the middle. up the middle...4th & 8.....up the middle

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-26-2007, 04:49 PM
The TE has made several really good catches on underthrown balls this year. He has an awesome vertical to go with his 6'3" frame. I would use him more as he has great hands.

This is one of the best Vernon teams in some time. We always have athletes and speed. But this year we can actually pass and the QB can roll out with speed and either run or throw. Our defense is good. They kept Sweetwater to under 200 yards of total offense. I want to say like 150 but I'm not sure. The week prior Sweetwater rolled up something like 400 yards of offense so Vernon has a good D.

If we can get another win (which I think we can) then the show will begin. I think Snyder would be a tougher game for Vernon than Argyle. But I also think the Lions are up to the challenge. One game at a time and I will look forward to Argyle or Snyder next week if we win this week.

Vernon has really had an impressive run over the past 5 years that Coach Keith Hall has been head coach.

lion75
11-26-2007, 09:59 PM
that is exactly what i am saying. its not hard to guess what play we are running. up the middle....up the middle. up the middle...4th & 8.....up the middle OK. I give. You're right. Your offense sucks. You win the argument.

lion75
11-26-2007, 10:00 PM
All he can do is defend the pass? No. You guys didn't do either very good.

bigron15
11-26-2007, 10:02 PM
OK. I give. You're right. Your offense sucks. You win the argument.

finally :clap: :clap: :clap:

Stownhorse
11-26-2007, 10:04 PM
No. You guys didn't do either very good.

I really could care less, your the one gettign offended. I already accepted that my team wasnt very good earlier in the season.

But is Vernon going to win state?

lion75
11-26-2007, 10:08 PM
I really could care less, your the one gettign offended. I already accepted that my team wasnt very good earlier in the season.

But is Vernon going to win state? I'm not offended at all and would never start off talking bad about Sweetwater. But you personally attacked our QB saying he's not that good and even admitted you were trying to rile me. I'm not riled at all but am enjoying the debate about Williams. He's pretty good. That's all I'm trying to say.

bigron15
11-26-2007, 10:10 PM
but i think that yall give him more credit than he deserves. im not taking anything away from him. he just left that impression on me from his off field antics

Stownhorse
11-26-2007, 10:11 PM
I'm not offended at all and would never start off talking bad about Sweetwater. But you personally attacked our QB saying he's not that good and even admitted you were trying to rile me. I'm not riled at all but am enjoying the debate about Williams. He's pretty good. That's all I'm trying to say.

Thats your opinion. He is slightly above average in my eyes. In your eyes he is pretty good. But he didnt show me much, in the scrimmage, or in the playoff game.

lion75
11-26-2007, 10:17 PM
Thats your opinion. He is slightly above average in my eyes. In your eyes he is pretty good. But he didnt show me much, in the scrimmage, or in the playoff game. He's shown enough to get free college in Division 1. But hey, you might be a great talent evaluator. You may have missed your calling. And by the way, he scored all three touchdowns in the "average" game you're talking about.

bigron15
11-26-2007, 10:18 PM
He's shown enough to get free college in Division 1. But hey, you might be a great talent evaluator. You may have missed your calling.

or maybe you arent such a great talent evaluator with your homer comments

lion75
11-26-2007, 10:23 PM
or maybe you arent such a great talent evaluator with your homer comments You don't see me badmouthing any of your players.

bigron15
11-26-2007, 10:25 PM
You don't see me badmouthing any of your players.

has any of our players tried to start something with you?

lion75
11-26-2007, 10:28 PM
no.

bigron15
11-26-2007, 10:30 PM
no.

exactly

Stownhorse
11-26-2007, 10:32 PM
He's shown enough to get free college in Division 1. But hey, you might be a great talent evaluator. You may have missed your calling. And by the way, he scored all three touchdowns in the "average" game you're talking about.

OMG you act like its to USC lmao its UNT. I could have scored 3 TD's on our D, hell you could have.

lion75
11-26-2007, 10:33 PM
exactly What exactly does that have to do with the debate that stownhorse and I are having about Williams talent level? Are you trying to redefine our debate?

Stownhorse
11-26-2007, 10:34 PM
exactly

Stay out of this big ron.

lion75
11-26-2007, 10:35 PM
I have to leave now. Put whatever comments about Williams talent level that you want on here and I will debate the merits of those comments tomorrow. Good night fellas.

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-26-2007, 11:00 PM
Williams is a very good player. The best QB we have had in many years. He is quick, can throw the ball and has made good decisions winning 11 ball games so far.

I think this Vernon team can win the state championship. In order to do that they will have to beat some very good teams. I think they are up to the challenge.

Our offense has scored points. We can throw and run, something that in the past we have not been able to do. We have a good defense and with a little luck I see this team winning it all.

I'm sure the same can be said of Snyder, Celina, Argyle, etc. They are all good teams and depending on the circumstances and matchups, a little luck and any of them can win out.

To think that Vernon can not be a state champion is ridiculous. They are talented and that is why we play the games -- to find out.

Dominicfrank
11-27-2007, 12:26 AM
I would have loved to see Williams as the QB last year against Celina, I think it would have made a difference. Lets hope he gets his shot at them this year.

Black_Magic
11-27-2007, 09:31 AM
Blackie, for the first time all season you finally have got some real work to do to earn your paycheck. I'd suggest you get to it, or you'll know all about basketball season real soon. Wow! you sure are sore!:rolleyes: :clap: :clap: Ask a simple question and you fellas get all bent.:clap: :clap: Snyder played Midland Christian last night. I was just wondering who Sweetwater was playing this week in basketball...... Guess it is a sore subject this week:rolleyes: BTW I believe you make the same comment every week just like this one. :rolleyes:

STANG RED
11-27-2007, 06:59 PM
Wow! you sure are sore!:rolleyes: :clap: :clap: Ask a simple question and you fellas get all bent.:clap: :clap: Snyder played Midland Christian last night. I was just wondering who Sweetwater was playing this week in basketball...... Guess it is a sore subject this week:rolleyes: BTW I believe you make the same comment every week just like this one. :rolleyes:

As usual, your wrong again Blackie. Why would I have made a comment like that before this week?:confused: This is the first week yall will finally be playing a quality opponant! You really should be ashamed that your not undefeated with that ultra weak schedule yall have played. Sure hope all those patsies have prepared you for what your about to see.
And I'm not the least bit sore. I'm surprised we made it as far as we did this year. I could have easily seen this year being much worse. I'm proud the boys exceeded expectations myself. Most will be back next year anyway, so I'm not concerned.

And I couldnt care less who we play in bball this week. I'll start paying attention when district rolls around.

Snydertigersrul
11-27-2007, 07:38 PM
As usual, your wrong again Blackie. Why would I have made a comment like that before this week?:confused: This is the first week yall will finally be playing a quality opponant! You really should be ashamed that your not undefeated with that ultra weak schedule yall have played. Sure hope all those patsies have prepared you for what your about to see.
And I'm not the least bit sore. I'm surprised we made it as far as we did this year. I could have easily seen this year being much worse. I'm proud the boys exceeded expectations myself. Most will be back next year anyway, so I'm not concerned.

And I couldnt care less who we play in bball this week. I'll start paying attention when district rolls around.

Wow, you are really sore. we have beaten many good teams already this season . I noticed that Sweetwater is not playing this week, wonder why. You do yall play this week in basketball. After watching them play last year, you need all of the practice that you can get.

Mustangpride09
11-27-2007, 07:43 PM
Wow, you are really sore. we have beaten many good teams already this season . I noticed that Sweetwater is not playing this week, wonder why. You do yall play this week in basketball. After watching them play last year, you need all of the practice that you can get.

You really know how to act young for your age.

Snydertigersrul
11-27-2007, 07:48 PM
You really know how to act young for your age. :thinking:

Mustangpride09
11-27-2007, 07:51 PM
:thinking:

I'll make it easier for you to understand, you're immature.

Stownhorse
11-27-2007, 07:52 PM
Can someone put this thread out of its misery?

SNYDER325TIGERS
11-27-2007, 07:54 PM

This dang theads been goin forever, lol....I think its time for it to be put to sleep.:thinking: :thinking:

Snydertigersrul
11-27-2007, 07:55 PM

Didn't Vernon already do that

Stownhorse
11-27-2007, 07:59 PM
Didn't Vernon already do that

Are you 2010's older brother?

Snydertigersrul
11-27-2007, 08:00 PM
Are you 2010's older brother?

No

Stownhorse
11-27-2007, 08:01 PM
No

Well act your age.

Snydertigersrul
11-27-2007, 08:02 PM
Well act your age. :rolleyes:

SNYDER325TIGERS
11-27-2007, 08:03 PM
Williams is a very good player. The best QB we have had in many years. He is quick, can throw the ball and has made good decisions winning 11 ball games so far.

I think this Vernon team can win the state championship. In order to do that they will have to beat some very good teams. I think they are up to the challenge.

Our offense has scored points. We can throw and run, something that in the past we have not been able to do. We have a good defense and with a little luck I see this team winning it all.

I'm sure the same can be said of Snyder, Celina, Argyle, etc. They are all good teams and depending on the circumstances and matchups, a little luck and any of them can win out.

To think that Vernon can not be a state champion is ridiculous. They are talented and that is why we play the games -- to find out.

I agree, the state championship spot is open to anyone at this time....there
s still 4 more games to go so who knows what will happen... :thinking:

Stownhorse
11-27-2007, 08:07 PM
:rolleyes:

How sad.....

Snydertigersrul
11-27-2007, 08:08 PM
I agree, the state championship spot is open to anyone at this time....there
s still 4 more games to go so who knows what will happen... :thinking:

Only to the 16 teams still left playing.