PDA

View Full Version : Lloyd Carr Retires

Old Tiger
11-19-2007, 11:42 AM
Per ESPN

JasperDog94
11-19-2007, 11:54 AM
Does this hurt A&M's search for a replacement? Initially I would say yes because the Michigan job (in most people's eyes) would be a better job than A&M. I still think A&M can get a quality coach, but this certainly muddies the water a little bit.

Sweetwater Red
11-19-2007, 11:58 AM
Out with Lloyd Carr in with Les Miles.:clap:

Woohoo!

and

Woohoo!

big daddy russ
11-19-2007, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Does this hurt A&M's search for a replacement? Initially I would say yes because the Michigan job (in most people's eyes) would be a better job than A&M. I still think A&M can get a quality coach, but this certainly muddies the water a little bit.
I think it hurts everyone's chances at a replacement. There are only so many coaches looking for jobs, and the more jobs available, well, you know.

Les Miles is off to Michigan. Pelini will be in the middle of a dogfight between Nebraska and LSU, with A&M and a few others on the outside looking in. Wherever he goes, that leaves two BIG TIME openings. A&M has the money, talent, recruiting base, and facilities (top five in the nation per Rivals.com) to get anyone, but will that someone be scared away? Besides, any big name that leaves the school they're at for another opening just leaves the Ags where they started... competing against another big name for a limited number of coaches.

Bull19
11-19-2007, 12:32 PM
i wonder if sam mcguffie will decide to go to a&m now?

Old Tiger
11-19-2007, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
i wonder if sam mcguffie will decide to go to a&m now? I think it was the Coordinator that recruited him. Heard on ESPN that Lloyd Carr got each of his coordinators two year extensions on their contracts.

You never know though.

Also this is just an old coach retiring and not a big situation like in College Station.

Sweetwater Red
11-19-2007, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
i wonder if sam mcguffie will decide to go to a&m now?

Hart is graduating and there is no clear cut replacement for him.
The door is wide open for McGuffie to be another four year
starter at Michigan.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-19-2007, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Hart is graduating and there is no clear cut replacement for him.
The door is wide open for McGuffie to be another four year
starter at Michigan.

It would be stupid for McGuffie to come here if he ever wants to play, we have Goodson for two more years, Lane for another year, Cornell Tarrant for three more years, Keondra Smith for two more years, and Bradley Stephens for four more years. I think we're set at RB for a while.

wedo
11-19-2007, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
It would be stupid for McGuffie to come here if he ever wants to play, we have Goodson for two more years, Lane for another year, Cornell Tarrant for three more years, Keondra Smith for two more years, and Bradley Stephens for four more years. I think we're set at RB for a while.

I don't think Sam McGuffie is a college running back period, should play something else in big time D1, Prob slot WR or maybe DB. IMO

big daddy russ
11-19-2007, 04:00 PM
From everything I've heard, McGuffie's attitude leaves a lot to be desired. If he doesn't get away from the "Me, me, me" stuff that he's becoming known for he may spend four years in a coach's dog house.

Sweetwater Red
11-19-2007, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
From everything I've heard, McGuffie's attitude leaves a lot to be desired. If he doesn't get away from the "Me, me, me" stuff that he's becoming known for he may spend four years in a coach's dog house.

Right now he's a man amongst boys so to speak. Once he gets
hit in the mouth a couple times at the D 1 level I think he'll
learn some humility.

big daddy russ
11-19-2007, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Right now he's a man amongst boys so to speak. Once he gets
hit in the mouth a couple times at the D 1 level I think he'll
learn some humility.
Let's hope so. I've heard from a LARGE number of people close to McGuffie and A&M that his attitude is worse than most recruits.

Old Tiger
11-19-2007, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Let's hope so. I've heard from a LARGE number of people close to McGuffie and A&M that his attitude is worse than most recruits. It's cause Sam is G'd up!
http://vmedia.rivals.com/IMAGES/PROSPECT/PHOTO/MCGUFFIESAMDSC_1117.JPG

Check your PM's.

kepdawg
11-19-2007, 04:14 PM
When the Cy Falls/Cy Fair game was on TV I was much more impressed with Shane Turner from Cy Falls than I was with dude from Cy Fair.