PDA

View Full Version : Week 12 Power Ratings for all Classifications Combined

WOS87
11-19-2007, 06:24 AM
Okay... this was calculated in the same manner that my 3A power ratings were calculated, except instead of only using games between 3A opponents, I compiled the ratings using only games played between the 485 teams that qualified for the playoffs no matter the classification. What this does is it filters out a lot of the blowout games against lower tier teams in which the starters were taken out early and the scores didn't necessarily directly correlate to the actual quality of the teams. What is listed is the rankings of the 256 teams that remain 1A thru 5A.

I got some interesting results...

Abilene Wylie, Liberty Hill and Gilmer come out in pretty much a dead heat.
WO-S dropped a bit compared to the 3A ratings because their loss to Bay City is now factored in, although their win over Dayton is also now factored in and gives them back quite a few points.

There are 6 teams tied statewide for the record of having the most opponents this season that were playoff qualifiers (9), and strangely enough 5 out of the 6 are 3A teams.

Abilene (9-0 vs playoff qualifiers) - plays #10 this week
Canyon (7-2 vs playoff qualifiers) - eliminated last week
Seminole (5-4 vs playoff qualifiers) - plays #10 this week
Bandera (4-5 vs playoff qualifiers) - plays #10 this week
Midland Greenwood (4-5 vs playoff qualifiers) - eliminated last week
Rockdale (2-7 vs playoff qualifiers) - eliminated last week

The left side of the table is the overall ranking of all 256 teams that are still alive 1A thru 5A. The right side is the same teams, divided up into their individual playoff divisions.

5A teams are in blue
4A teams are in red
3A teams are in green
2A teams are in orange
1A teams are in purple

http://idisk.mac.com/cboehme69-Public/scores/powerrankstate.gif