PDA

View Full Version : Wylie vs. Burkburnett

blowfish
11-18-2007, 11:00 AM
Dont know anything about Burkburnet other than they are also the Bulldogs and are 8-3.

What can we expect from them on offense and defense?

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-18-2007, 11:25 AM
You can expect a lot of running and very little passing. They have a great line and two quality running backs. They will run, run, run.

Burk is a quality team. It should be a good game. Heck they just beat Canyon when no one gave them a chance (other than the district 6 members as we have seen how tough they are).

GreenMonster
11-18-2007, 11:50 AM
Flex Bone very similarly run to the way Sweetwater runs it. The OC at Burk came from WFHS where he coached under Ross who learned the Flex Bone from Jackson at Olney.

Cameron Crazy
11-18-2007, 12:48 PM
Burk is going to try to wear you down by running it in the middle, and then they will sweep.

They will throw very little.

RedWhiteBlue
11-18-2007, 02:20 PM
You guys can play in Graham if you want!!:D :D

slingshot
11-18-2007, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Flex Bone very similarly run to the way Sweetwater runs it. The OC at Burk came from WFHS where he coached under Ross who learned the Flex Bone from Jackson at Olney. I like to hear that--we defense the option very well (see last few years vs. Sweetwater). How is their defense?

slingshot
11-18-2007, 04:50 PM
Oh and BTW--will pass on another trip to Graham. Two varsity trips (regular season and playoff) and two Jr High games (my middle son plays on the Wylie 8th grade squad and some how had to play at Graham twice) and I had to go there last month for a speaking engagement (I will say I really enjoyed the Wildcatter Ranch where it was held). 5 trips there is quite enough...

michaelp23
11-18-2007, 05:15 PM
The Wylie D looked real good Friday. I think they'll be ready for the run attack. Aggressive play and penetration through the line of scrimmage will shut that down. Burk had better figure out where Jesse Jennings is and keep a hat on him. Also, if Wylie can get ahead early, it will be hard for Burk's run happy offense to play catch up. If Wylie continues the play of the last several weeks, they should win by 2 or 3 touchdowns. They look like they're starting to peak at just the right time. :)