PDA

View Full Version : Newton still wrecking

papasmurf
07-15-2002, 04:40 PM
Newton has a pretty easy district this year but we always come out on top. Newton has a few key players to watch out for this year. Trey Bennett is gonna be awesome this year look at how good he was last year. He still has two years he is gonna be a HOSS his senior year. Ty Hopkins quick as hell u better watch out. Brian Smith he'll hit the QB before he even thinks handing it off. Chris Stapp he'll knock your head off and u would'nt even see it coming. Logan Greer is an awesome QB all thanks to his Center Max Karpel that boy is a HOSS Line backers better watch out he'll take ur knees out.
Newton also has alot if young talent coming up this year but Newton has nothing but the best. Jasper better watch out. lol

Bulldog92
07-15-2002, 04:56 PM
If Newton had the best talent, they would win state every year. I'm from Jasper and I have always liked the Eagles. You're right about them being a really good team, but if you think for one second that you're gonna run away with a district that has a stronger Jasper team in it, think again. Diboll's pretty good, too. I will admit that it's weak beyond the top three teams, but it won't be a cakewalk for either Jasper or Newton. Be realistic about what you're posting and cut the trash talking. Nobody wants anyone's knees getting taken out, so don't post it.

eye of the tiger
07-15-2002, 04:57 PM
papasmurf I agree Newton should be a good football team this year and do well in the playoffs, but I dont think I would classify the district as easy. Jasper will be good and so will Diboll. Kirbyville and Woodville certainly could be spoilers. Good luck to your Eagles this year.

duckbutter
07-16-2002, 09:09 AM
Newton will be good this yr but I really don't think we will be as good as we were the last 2 yrs.

Reveille
07-17-2002, 02:03 PM
Duckbutter, I tend to agree with your assessment of Newton this year, but they will still be pretty salty. They will go into the plsyoffs as the number 1 or 2 team out of district. They should win a couple of games in the playoffs also.
Watch out next year though. You guys will be on another championship run.
To follow up on one of your previous posts about Jasper's QB, I heard he has a back problem and the Dr. has advised him not to play. I heard this morning that he is going to try to play though. I guess we will have to wait and see.

duckbutter
07-17-2002, 02:28 PM
I think we are a yr away from having a state champion type team. If the young players we have now can get the job done we will be a force to reckon with for the next 3 yrs. I look for us to make a STRONG run for the title in '03-'04. But don't get me wrong, we will be tough this year and who knows, this could be our yr.

Bulldog92
07-17-2002, 02:31 PM
I think Mitchell has all the talent in the world and when healthy is the Dogs' best bet at QB, but if he aggravates his back again it will hurt him the rest of his life. Maybe it would be best for him not to play if he's putting his health in jeopardy long-term. Jason McQueen played well in his absence last year and would be an adequate solution should Mitchell choose to sit out. It creates a problem at tailback, though, because McQueen would be difficult to replace. I wonder what kind of depth we have there. Does anyone know?

Chris Hart
07-17-2002, 02:45 PM
My brother plays for Jasper,and I talked to him a few days ago about Mitchell.He said that his back injury is 100% healed and is a team captain this year and all the pieces are in place for Jasper to make their run at the state championship.

------------------
Big Green Dawg

Bulldog92
07-17-2002, 03:28 PM
Hey, Chris. I know you've been saying that for the past few weeks. It's just weird there are so many conflicting reports, especially from people who are actually in Jasper. I hope the kid's ready to go and can play, but he's got a lot more ahead of him than just football and shouldn't try to be out there if his health is in question.

Chris Hart
07-17-2002, 11:56 PM
Bulldog92, You know how stuff gets started.Somebody hears the truth, then adds a little to it, and so on and so on until it's blown completely out of proportion.I agree that he should first worry about his future instead of football, but from what I understood he is totally ready to go.I just hope that Burnet and Jasper don't meet in the semi-finals, I would hate to root against my bro.I would love to see him win a state championship, but I'm afraid I would be jealous of him.I played on the Burnet 91 team that lost to Groesbeck 7-0 in the championship game.We had beat 3 better teams in the weeks prior to the championship all on penetrations,remember them.Vernon,Marble Falls and Southlake Carroll then lost to Groesbeck.

------------------
Big Green Dawg