PDA

View Full Version : CBS SPortsline Bowl Projections (Hot off the press)

Bull Butter
11-18-2007, 02:47 AM
For BCS, Texas-related and Big XII Bowl Games............

BCS Championship--- LSU vs. West Virginia
Rose---- Ohio State vs. Oregon
Orange--- Kansas vs. Virginia Tech
Fiesta---Oklahoma vs. USC
Sugar---Georgia vs. Hawaii

Cotton--- Missouri vs. Auburn
Gator--- Boston College vs. Texas Tech
Holiday---Arizona State vs. Texas
Independence--- Oklahoma State vs. Mississippi State
Alamo--- Michigan vs. Texas A&M
Insight---Indiana vs. Nebraska
Texas--- TCU vs. So. Miss
Sun---Oregon State vs. Cincinnati
Armed Forces---South Carolina vs. New Mexico
Papa Johns--- South Florida vs. Houston

wildstangs
11-18-2007, 10:31 AM
If Texas wins out they are going to a BCS game. OU will lose one game this season. Probably to OSU this weekend. The Sooners are hurting right now.

If OU does win that game, they lose to KU in the CCG. That will be plenty to drop OU below a hot Texas team.

Old Tiger
11-18-2007, 10:34 AM
Without Dixon I don't see Oregon making a BCS bowl.
I don't see Hawaii making one either.

wildstangs
11-18-2007, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Without Dixon I don't see Oregon making a BCS bowl.
I don't see Hawaii making one either.

Yeah, Oregon will fold it up and go home now. Hawaii is questionable. I think Boise beats them this week.

Old Tiger
11-18-2007, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Yeah, Oregon will fold it up and go home now. Hawaii is questionable. I think Boise beats them this week. Even if they are undefeated they have struggled all season against bad teams.

45-44 vs. Louisiana Tech
42-35 vs. San Jose State
37-30 vs. Fresno State
28-26 vs. Nevada

wildstangs
11-18-2007, 10:47 AM
Yeah, they have struggled and would get trounced in a BCS bowl, but if they are undefeated, I think the BCS will feel obligated to chose them for a game.

Boise State actually deserved to be there last year - I don't think Hawaii does this year.

Old Tiger
11-18-2007, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Yeah, they have struggled and would get trounced in a BCS bowl, but if they are undefeated, I think the BCS will feel obligated to chose them for a game.

Boise State actually deserved to be there last year - I don't think Hawaii does this year. I don't think they would. Would Hawaii draw an audience, crowd, and etc. like say a Texas would? I dont think so and that is what at large bids are all about, money.

wildstangs
11-18-2007, 10:52 AM
Yeah, I thought about that. Hawaii wouldn't draw as big a crowd - but that is the system.

I hope they don't win out - but if they do they will be in one.

KTJ
11-18-2007, 12:33 PM
The system says if Hawaii keeps winning and is in the Top 14, they'll get an auto bid. They are 16 right now. If they beat BSU, they'll be in the top 14. Is it wrong? Yes. Is there anything we can do about it? No.

Texas needs Okie State to "be a man" next weekend.

COME ON T.BOONE PICKENS UNIVERSITY!

rockdale80
11-18-2007, 12:38 PM
WVU in the NC title game is bologne as well. In another conference they are a whipping post.