PDA

View Full Version : Orangefield pull the shocker over BC 15-14

BIGRED001
10-03-2003, 10:22 PM
Orangefield scores with only 19 seconds left in the game. Wow, what a game! Bridge City was clearly whipped on the field though. Orangefield heavily penalized during the game, just never quit. Bridge City could not stop the run tonight. Congrats to the Orangefield Bobcats. Looks like a long rebuilding year for my Cardinals.

spiveyrat
10-03-2003, 10:27 PM
Orangefield must have gone for 2 on their last touchdown? If so, that's mighty risky. eek!

BIGRED001
10-03-2003, 10:34 PM
spiveyrat:
Orangefield must have gone for 2 on their last touchdown? If so, that's mighty risky. eek! Spivey, they really didn't have a choice. They had there kicker hurt and their place kicker. They did go for 2 at the end, and squeaked it in. Boy, we are hurtin over at BC. I would be surprised if we are not fighting for a 3rd place finish. We have REAL problems stopping the run. I know the Orangefield tailback had something like 200 yards rushing on the night.

exbccards76'smom
10-03-2003, 10:40 PM
According to the radio, deep snapper went out with a bad ankle. And the pat kicker was out with a concussion. The Cardinals just couldn't stop 'em tonight. They,also, went for a field goal on 4 and 2. Congrats to the Bobcats, ya'll played a great game. Cardinals, keep on working on the game.

Old Cardinal
10-03-2003, 10:43 PM
Orangefield was behind nearly the whole game, but pulled it off at the end...They however, clearly were the best team tonight! I think the difference was the 19 Seniors that just would not be denied. Congrats to Coach Flanigin and his solid Bobcat team...

<small>[ October 04, 2003, 06:43 AM: Message edited by: Old Cardinal ]</small>

BIGRED001
10-03-2003, 11:03 PM
You know it's been since 1960 that OF has beaten a Bridge City team. A HUGE win for the Bobcat program. Bridge City even faced with a state ranked club in 1983, being a 17 point underdog, whipped Orangefield 34-0. This one will be talked about for a long time. I just hope the Cardinals don't stick there head in the dirt on this one. They can still salvage the season, but it is diffently going to be a tougher road to hoe.

hsffan
10-03-2003, 11:09 PM
what happened to bc tonight.is OF defense that good or what? I figured there would have been more scoring than that.Who is OF running back

BIGRED001
10-03-2003, 11:29 PM
hsffan:
what happened to bc tonight.is OF defense that good or what? I figured there would have been more scoring than that.Who is OF running backI believe the kids name is Hamrick. He played for Bridge City last year. Due to problems at the school he switched over to Orangefield. He actually lives in Bridge City but attends OF. I don't think OF's defense is that good, actually it was OF's offense that was impressive. Even though there was not much scoring, OF went up and down the field on BC.

EL GO TO
10-03-2003, 11:29 PM
Congrats Bobcats you are now in the drivers seat.

<small>[ October 03, 2003, 11:34 PM: Message edited by: EL GO TO ]</small>

hsffan
10-03-2003, 11:40 PM
Thanks for the info Bigred. Congrads to OF and good luck BC next week.

3ABirdMan
10-03-2003, 11:43 PM
hsffan:
what happened to bc tonight.is OF defense that good or what? ...When everyone knows you are going to run the ball, and they stack 10 defenders on the line, it's hard to run. And then, when you need to pass, you change QB's , so the whole world knows. Rotating 4 inside linebackers seems to hurt, also. And the pass defense consists of "I'll tackle him after he catches the ball and runs 5 yards".

I'm not downing our kids or program, but the team didn't look as good this week. Apparently, we're not as far along as I hoped and thought!

Great game by OF. You clearly had your game on. I have nothing but respect for the heart your guys showed tonight. Lot's of beef on the O-line, and they did a good job.

Great Win! From now on out wink , I'm pulling FOR you! BUT, keep that trophy handy - We'll come looking to get it back next year! :D

SintonFan
10-04-2003, 01:40 AM
You guys from BC have got to be the classiest. :) Your team hasn't won alot this year and you still give credit to your opponent for wins. You guys are role models for posters. I truly admire you folks. :cool: :cool: :cool:
Sorry about your loss BC! You guys will turn it around.

Old Cardinal
10-04-2003, 07:15 AM
Thanks SintonFan, I think that this one will be talked about for a long time around Orange County. The Offensive play calling(BC); just decided to grind it out and play ball control for the second half of the game; instead of throwing the ball, at the right opportunities. Orangefield put up a defensive wall when they saw the strategy being employed... On offense, Coach Flanigin(OF) instead went for broke with his passing game and was able to move to the end zone with 19 seconds left in the game...BC has a good passing attack, like everyone else, if the defense is stacked "in the box". Instead they chose to just "ball control plunge", against a run-stack defense. It's hard to sit on a one TD lead and try to run mainly up-the-middle for a whole half, when you have a young inexperienced offensive line. At times, BC's offense has been quite imaginative, this last two years-- this night was not one of them.... Man, I was a Sophmore in College, the last time BC lost a game to OF, and I have been retired 5 years... Oh well, OF graduates 19 Seniors and BC only has a few graduating and we won the JV and Ninth grade games, maybe that will help; if we open it up on offense, at the obvious opportunities, a little, next time.

Bobkat
10-04-2003, 07:28 AM
SintonFan you stole my thunder, Cardinal fans on this board are a very classy group. WOW just an incredible game guys. One of the best games I've seen in some time. Hats off to both teams, they left everything they had on the field. Thought my Cats were going to shoot themselves in the foot with all the penalties, but they stuck to they're gameplan and found a way to win at the end. Excellent job guys, stay focused, you have a very big game next week against Anahuac. Good luck to the Cardinals on the rest of the season, I'm rooting for yall to win out.

BAYOU BOWL
Orangefield 15
Bridge City 14

the-O-fence
10-04-2003, 10:37 AM
Did anyone catch the score of the Hardin-Buna game?

bccards
10-04-2003, 10:45 AM
i found the easiest way to get scores from golden triangle is by http://www.trianglefootball.net/scores/03week5.html

they usually dont update it till after 1am but shows most golden triangle teams scores. according to that, hardin won 26/8.

<small>[ October 04, 2003, 10:45 AM: Message edited by: bccards ]</small>