PDA

View Full Version : NCAA D-II, D-III

3afan
11-17-2007, 10:14 PM
ACU rolls, WaTm wins by 1, UMHB rolls

wildstangs
11-17-2007, 10:19 PM
ACU goes up to Chadron State next week. WTAMU was down 14-0 at one time - Bet that was an exciting second half.

EaglePop
11-17-2007, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
ACU goes up to Chadron State next week. WTAMU was down 14-0 at one time - Bet that was an exciting second half.
WT's QB had 498 yards and 6 TDs... in the second half alone! They were down as much as 18 points and rallied in the last minutes.
The Buffs go to Mizzu next week. Good luck to the Wildcats next week.

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-18-2007, 02:05 AM
I went to the WT - Washburn game. Washburn should have won this game. Got to give them some credit those boys played lights out but just were out athleted by WT.

What a great game this was. Took 4 hours to play!

football4life
11-18-2007, 02:35 AM
no way we should have won that game, but we did come up with the plays in the second half that we needed to win. injuries are killing right now, really needed that bye week, have a couple of 3rd string offensive linemen in there today, and receivers banged up all over the place. good thing we had a guy who was slated to go to michigan state sub in for an all-american on the outside and catch some huge passes late.

injuredinmelee
11-18-2007, 07:39 AM

I actually went out and watched the ACU game. Malone (ACU) throws a pic very first offensive play of the game that Mesa St. takes to the house. I thought it was gonna be a long long afternoon but ACU turned on the offense after that. This was my first time seeing Bernard Scott in person and all I can say is WOW!!! He is the real deal!

3afan
11-18-2007, 07:55 AM
next for UHMB - "The Cru advanced to face eighth-seeded North Carolina Wesleyan, which beat Washington & Jefferson 35-34 in overtime, at noon Saturday in Belton."

NOTE - For the first time in the short history of the 32-team bracket, a No. 1 seed went down in the opening round, as bottom-seeded North Carolina Wesleyan upset top seed Washington and Jefferson 35-34.

3afan
11-18-2007, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by EaglePop
The Buffs go to Mizzu next week. ...

The Buffs, who remain perfect on the season at 12-0, now advance to the semifinals of the playoffs' Southwest Region where they will face second seeded Northwest Missouri State in Maryville, Mo. Kick off for the second round match-up from NWMSU's Bearcat Stadium is set for Noon on Saturday.

http://www.nwmissouri.edu/sports/images/facilities/bearcat_stadium01.jpg

VAMike
11-18-2007, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
next for UHMB - "The Cru advanced to face eighth-seeded North Carolina Wesleyan, which beat Washington & Jefferson 35-34 in overtime, at noon Saturday in Belton."

NOTE - For the first time in the short history of the 32-team bracket, a No. 1 seed went down in the opening round, as bottom-seeded North Carolina Wesleyan upset top seed Washington and Jefferson 35-34.

STRANGE decision by the #1 seed. They are at home, they are the #1 seed, and all they had to do was kick the extra point to go to the next OT period but they chose to run a fake and win it. Instead, they lose and make history by going down to the bottom seed.

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-18-2007, 10:48 AM
I watched ACU-MSU last week. Both teams were great. MSU Qb was amazing. ACU's totality of everything offense was also amazing. It takes more than one person and ACU has that. I thought that WT had enormous O-linemen that played almost perfect. They had trouble with huge penalties though. Washburn was quite a bit smaller but reminded me of Celina (perfect execution) especially in their off tackle running plays. They just didn't have the super athletes that WT had. The TE that made the game winning catch for WT was NFL size. Poor DB that had to cover him.

What a great weekend of football.

Oh yes, and Roll Cru!!!! I sure would like to see them get another shot at Whitewater.

wildstangs
11-18-2007, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
I watched ACU-MSU last week. Both teams were great. MSU Qb was amazing. ACU's totality of everything offense was also amazing. It takes more than one person and ACU has that. I thought that WT had enormous O-linemen that played almost perfect. They had trouble with huge penalties though. Washburn was quite a bit smaller but reminded me of Celina (perfect execution) especially in their off tackle running plays. They just didn't have the super athletes that WT had. The TE that made the game winning catch for WT was NFL size. Poor DB that had to cover him.

What a great weekend of football.

Oh yes, and Roll Cru!!!! I sure would like to see them get another shot at Whiteater.

TE with NFL size has to the that former USC guy. He is huge - I believe he is Hawaiin.

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-18-2007, 12:16 PM
TE with NFL size has to the that former USC guy. He is huge - I believe he is Hawaiin.

Yep, that is the guy. Looked like a freaking lineman with good hands and was fast!

From the WT website:
88 Kolo Kapanui TE 6-5 255 SR Palolo, Hawaii - Southern California

Click Here (http://gobuffsgo.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/kapanui_kolo00.html)

Just looking over the WT team was scary...they are imposing.

football4life
11-18-2007, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
Yep, that is the guy. Looked like a freaking lineman with good hands and was fast!

From the WT website:
88 Kolo Kapanui TE 6-5 255 SR Palolo, Hawaii - Southern California

Click Here (http://gobuffsgo.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/kapanui_kolo00.html)

Just looking over the WT team was scary...they are imposing.

yea kolo has a lot of potential, he has nfl scouts talkin to him on a daily basis at practices. He's got a good attitude and solid work ethic, he certainly has the size/athleticism/hands to play the position at the next level. there are a few hawaiian guys on the team, they are a lot of fun to be around, especially kolo.