PDA

View Full Version : Region III GotW (Area): West Orange-Stark vs Giddings

Pages : [1] 2

R3Editor
11-17-2007, 06:03 PM
For the third time in as many years, the Mustangs and Buffaloes will meet in the playoffs. The series is tied at one win apiece.

Thoughts? Predictions?

88bobcats
11-17-2007, 06:13 PM
I anxious to hear about the status of Brock Fitzhenry after the Sealy game. I hope he's at full strength.

It should be a great game either way; but I want to know that both teams were at their best so there's no arguments later about how it could or should have been.

I think WO-S takes this one by 10 if Fitzhenry plays. If Fitzhenry is not at full strength, I think WO-S wins by 24.

DU_stud04
11-17-2007, 06:24 PM
ive got wos by 24.....atleast.

Rattlesnake_08
11-17-2007, 07:48 PM
I think Giddings still has a shot even without Fitzhenry, because of their defense.

Crimestick
11-17-2007, 09:19 PM
WIthout Fitzhenry, Giddings might not score. Looking at it on paper, the Mustang defense is the better of the two. Again - on paper.
WO-S is second in scoring D in 3A, allowing just 8.3 points per game. Giddings is giving up 12.3.

Crimestick
11-17-2007, 09:28 PM
Calpreps.com projects it 21-14 Giddings, but obviously it doesn't consider injuries.
Of course, it projects the hypothetical matchup of WO-S and 4A Dayton as 21-14 in favor of Dayton. WO-S has only given up 21 once in a 41-21 win over Jasper, and we PLAYED Dayton. They were close on the score, but not the outcome: WO-S 22, Dayton 14.
It's always a fun site to play around on, though.

SNYDER325TIGERS
11-17-2007, 10:12 PM
27-21 WO-S

20FAN07
11-17-2007, 10:51 PM
This is going to be another great football game. If you in the area you need to stop by, i promise you won't be disappointed. Good Luck to both teams friday night....of course more to WOS.
Go Get'em Stangs!!

TexanFan4Life
11-18-2007, 12:58 AM
It sounds to me like Fitzhenry is out for the season (broken ankle). He was crying after our game, which tells me he knows his season is over.

buff4life
11-18-2007, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by DU_stud04

sounds like you got some good stuff where you are too :D

DU_stud04
11-18-2007, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by buff4life
sounds like you got some good stuff where you are too :D the best.

State_In_08
11-18-2007, 03:38 AM
Originally posted by TexanFan4Life
It sounds to me like Fitzhenry is out for the season (broken ankle). He was crying after our game, which tells me he knows his season is over.

If this is the case, WO-S by 28.

navscanmaster
11-18-2007, 05:49 AM
There is still a Fitzhenry active though, and that is the coach. Don't think he will lay down and die. Giddings 22, WOS 21 in overtime.:D

Old Tiger
11-18-2007, 08:10 AM
location?

Crimestick
11-18-2007, 10:08 AM
So we'll give up our highest point total of the season (currently 21) without the guy who accounted for 70 percent of their offense?

bufflongago
11-18-2007, 10:21 AM
i wouldn't go there...70% dont mean bolagne when it comes to playoffs...anything can happen...and its an ankle injury...no one knows if its broken or what...and if it was broken...i guarentee he wouldn't have been able to to even with a huge amount of adrenaline been able to walk off that field and back on in the 4th quarter...and like it matters if he is crying...no kids season is over until the he either quits or the team is out of the playoffs...how can you even start that Texanfan4LIfe...i know Brock and i played with him...that kid is the heart and soul of the team and he shares that duty with Dock...his season isn't over until the G-Squad comes home with a trophy or goes home early...playing football you should know this:hand:

gobbler grad
11-18-2007, 10:34 AM
Gotta go with WOS in this one...:thinking: don't matter what statistics says...WOS will be the better team...:thinking:

bufflongago
11-18-2007, 11:10 AM
now whether brock is hurt or not...if the rules are still the same #7 will have to sit out for another 2 quarters for the WOS game after being ejected in the 4th quarter friday...if this is true and brock is still out...then that means giddings will be going with a sophmore quarterback...not saying it cant be done...stranger things have happened...ask last years Gilmer team about that...so we shall see...if this is the case...then this is definately going to come down to defense and the initial keeping up with WOS 1st half until Locke can come in...

orangeblood
11-18-2007, 11:11 AM
Giddings gets their chance to prove they are not a 1 man team.(offensively)
The QB that got ejected can he play in the next game?

bufflongago
11-18-2007, 11:30 AM
he would be able to play at least a half...but i dont know if the UIL rules still apply that if you are ejected then you have to sit out 2 quarters at least...Giddings can win it if they can hold off the WOS offense for at least the first half...which the Giddings defense can...given the stats favor WOS...Giddings has played some tough teams this year and i believe are ready for this challenge...if giddings can win this one they deserve that shot at the title....

RdaleBoi08
11-18-2007, 11:31 AM
Does Anyone Know Where The Game Will Be Played?

pirate4state
11-18-2007, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by RdaleBoi08
Does Anyone Know Where The Game Will Be Played?

West Orange Stark vs. Giddings (11-0), Friday, @ Pearland, 7:30pm

DU_stud04
11-18-2007, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by bufflongago
.his season isn't over until the G-Squad comes home with a trophy or goes home early... hahaha, i read G-Squared....hahaha

bufflongago
11-18-2007, 11:59 AM
yea...i pulled that one out of the air

Crimestick
11-18-2007, 01:03 PM
Chances are, Giddings will hold WO-S at bay in the first half, but WO-S is the strongest second-half team I've ever seen. Check out these stats:

Points for in first half: 171
Points against in first half: 62
(avg. halftime 15-6)

Points for in second half: 207
Points against in second half: 35
(avg. second half 19-3)

Those second-half points are a bit skewed by the "call off the dogs" games, like Bridge City, when we were up 47-0 at half, or Hardin-Jefferson, up 39-0).

bufflongago
11-18-2007, 01:19 PM
those are good numbers...i just think its gonna come down to defense...whoever plays better on d will win it...

gtownfan
11-18-2007, 01:21 PM
he would be able to play at least a half...but i dont know if the UIL rules still apply that if you are ejected then you have to sit out 2 quarters at least...Giddings can win it if they can hold off the WOS offense for at least the first half...which the Giddings defense can...given the stats favor WOS...Giddings has played some tough teams this year and i believe are ready for this challenge...if giddings can win this one they deserve that shot at the title....

A Giddings lineman got ejected at the tail end of the Smithville game and he played the whole Sealy game. Why would the backup quaterback (#7) have to sit out if it wasn't done for the lineman?

Rattlesnake_08
11-18-2007, 01:31 PM
Seems that this is an oppurtune time for Giddings to show that Fitzhenry isn't the team after all. Indeed if that is case...

pirate4state
11-18-2007, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by gtownfan
A Giddings lineman got ejected at the tail end of the Smithville game and he played the whole Sealy game. Why would the backup quaterback (#7) have to sit out if it wasn't done for the lineman? :thinking: What's the deal with all these ejections?? :thinking:

kaorder1999
11-18-2007, 02:16 PM
I think it all has to do with what happened to earn the ejection. Each case could be dealt with separatly. For instance, if a kid got ejected for something the head coach thought was shady then a different punishment could be handed to him that to someone that gets ejected for punching someone. Know what I mean

buff4life
11-18-2007, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:thinking: What's the deal with all these ejections?? :thinking:

The QB #7 scored and said "thats right baby, getcha some" to a player who had been talking crap back and forth all game...the opposing player then swung at #7 and when the player got ejected #7 waved bye and got ejected for unsportmanlike conduct

pirate4state
11-18-2007, 02:21 PM
The QB #7 scored and said "thats right baby, getcha some" to a player who had been talking crap back and forth all game...the opposing player then swung at #7 and when the player got ejected #7 waved bye and got ejected for unsportmanlike conduct Okay, but I guess I was really asking if this is a common occurrence for Giddings players? This isn't the first time I've heard them having players ejected.

buff4life
11-18-2007, 02:36 PM
Okay, but I guess I was really asking if this is a common occurrence for Giddings players? This isn't the first time I've heard them having players ejected.

No its not a common occurence...in the last five years there have only been 5 players ejected that i can think of...

bufflongago
11-18-2007, 02:39 PM
i was one....

pirate4state
11-18-2007, 02:41 PM
No its not a common occurence...in the last five years there have only been 5 players ejected that i can think of... okay

Old Tiger
11-18-2007, 02:44 PM
i was one.... way to brag, lol.

bufflongago
11-18-2007, 02:46 PM
not bragging...i was letting yall know...and it wasn't a fight...it was a player twisting my ankle while i was on the ground so when i kicked him off i was ejected...it sucks but i wouldn't have taken it back for anything...it was the penalty or broken ankle...ill take the penalty over a broken ankle and missed senior year any day...

Old Tiger
11-18-2007, 02:48 PM
not bragging...i was letting yall know...and it wasn't a fight...it was a player twisting my ankle while i was on the ground so when i kicked him off i was ejected...it sucks but i wouldn't have taken it back for anything...it was the penalty or broken ankle...ill take the penalty over a broken ankle and missed senior year any day... when was this?

Remember how heated the Rockdale/Giddings game got Brocks sophomore year.

KingRob
11-18-2007, 04:04 PM
This should be a goodern, but I thin WOS will win it late in the 4th.

WOS - 31
Giddings - 27

88bobcats
11-18-2007, 04:14 PM
No its not a common occurence...in the last five years there have only been 5 players ejected that i can think of...

That's a heck of a lot more common than you think. Five ejections in five years.....I can't remember 1 of our players being ejected in 5 years.....

buff4life
11-18-2007, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by 88bobcats
That's a heck of a lot more common than you think. Five ejections in five years.....I can't remember 1 of our players being ejected in 5 years.....

i think only one occurred when a player from the opposing team was ejected also...

granted bufflongago's was cheap, the one last night was cheap, and one other one was cheap (last year against WOS)

DU_stud04
11-18-2007, 04:52 PM

buff4life
11-18-2007, 05:41 PM

:clap: :clap: :clap:

sicem74
11-18-2007, 06:59 PM
without fitz you gotta shave off 21 points...

WOS-30
GIDDINGS-14

TexanFan4Life
11-18-2007, 07:49 PM
WOS 17
Giddings 6

Darren
11-18-2007, 07:58 PM
I like being considered an underdog for once.

Daddy D 11
11-18-2007, 08:00 PM
giddings is prettty scrappy..but without Fitzhenry, WOS by 10.

and i can only think of one LH player to be ejected in 6 years and that was ironically against giddings.....

WOS1
11-18-2007, 08:36 PM
OK... So I guess you are saying that a WOS player took a cheap shot at a Giddings player? I watched the Giddings/Sealy game and several Giddings players did nothing but taunt Sealy the entire game. Sealy got a couple of personal foul penalties on them because they got caught retaliating, but I definitely see what some fans are talking about with Giddings.

Anyway, as for the team itself. I thought the Giddings D looked pretty good. I look for a low scoring game. I also don't buy that Brock will not play. He was noticeably hurt, but I didn't think it looked that serious. I honestly hope he does play. I don't want an asterisk by this one if we are fortunate enough to win.

buff4ever
11-18-2007, 08:39 PM
There is a lot of jiborish being talked right now, the bottom line that I would almost guarantee is that Giddings will not give up near as many points as some of you are thinking.

This game will come down to defense like it did last year. Last year both offenses were high scoring all year long untill they faced each other with giddings pulling it out. They held WOS to 12 points i believe, I know no more than 13.

It would be nice to have brock in the game, obviously! But in an expected low scoring game, giddings can put up enough to win with Locke #7 at QB. The team and coaches will know the status of Brock and prepare how they need to either way. With Locke playing part time at receiver and full time at safety, I would guess that he hadn't had much work at qb; so I would think if brock's status is uncertain, he will get some good work in with first team and they would incorporate his arm a little.

buffalo booster
11-18-2007, 08:40 PM
Don't underestimate the Buffalo D. Granted, we might not score as often if #5 is limping, but he'll play. If he doesn't, #7 can fill in nicely. (He was the QB of the 7th and 8th grade teams that went undefeated and was moved up to Varsity as a freshman to play D.) This will be a low-scoring game, and a lot closer than some folks think. Gotta go with Giddings, 17-14.

Note to Buffalo fans: the visitor's side seats only 3,250. (Home side seat 5,950.) So, if you want to sit with us, you better get there early, or you will be sitting with the WOS folks.

TexanFan4Life
11-18-2007, 08:41 PM
I've made up my mind that I'm going to the Katy game instead of this one. Only problem, I can't find date and location for it. Can someone help me out?

Oh yeah, I hope Giddings loses this one big and gets a dose of reality. They're solid, but they're not this high and mighty, invincible team everyone thinks they are.

buff4ever
11-18-2007, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by WOS1
OK... So I guess you are saying that a WOS player took a cheap shot at a Giddings player? I watched the Giddings/Sealy game and several Giddings players did nothing but taunt Sealy the entire game. Sealy got a couple of personal foul penalties on them because they got caught retaliating, but I definitely see what some fans are talking about with Giddings.

Anyway, as for the team itself. I thought the Giddings D looked pretty good. I look for a low scoring game. I also don't buy that Brock will not play. He was noticeably hurt, but I didn't think it looked that serious. I honestly hope he does play. I don't want an asterisk by this one if we are fortunate enough to win.

I am not going to go back and forth or talk this kinda crap on this board, but yes buff4life is saying that about a WOS player. The one that kicked #4 Cassius Bradley in the groin after a big run, cassius kicked back from on the ground and got caught.

The couple of personals you speak of on sealy was 4. And I am pretty hard on our kids, and didn't see it the way you did. I saw some sealy kids playing with a lot of emotion trying to knock off the #1 team in the state and carrying it out a little too far. Won't get into the things I heard about what was going on out there.

You are right though with the low scoring game. As good as both offenses are, their defenses are better. Defense wins championships, this game will be one of those that proves that theory.

wos-84
11-18-2007, 09:04 PM
i do believe defense will be the key for either team. however offensively i believe wos will have the edge. both garrett brothers are very talented and will be tough to hold both down. qb is also a very good runner and will be very effective as well. we also have a very good reciever in ronnie which will prove to be in my opinion the difference in this game. i will admit that if wos leads by halftime that wos will win. i have been amazed at the adjustments that wos makes in the second half. good luck to both teams and good health to both teams. see yall at the game. GO MUSTANGS!

20FAN07
11-18-2007, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Darren
I like being considered an underdog for once.

Easy there..haha, i dont know bout everyone else but WOS and Giddings people know theres no underdog. Im not gunna predict a score cuz it's gunna be an all out war friday night.
Best of Luck...and Go Get'em Stangs!!

Darren
11-18-2007, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by 20FAN07
Easy there..haha, i dont know bout everyone else but WOS and Giddings people know theres no underdog. Im not gunna predict a score cuz it's gunna be an all out war friday night.
Best of Luck...and Go Get'em Stangs!!

Based on the poll on this thread..... Giddings is an underdog...

buff4life
11-18-2007, 10:03 PM

OK the so the Giddings players provoked the Sealy players to taunt Fitzhenry when he was laying on the ground in pain? and its really easy to see things one way when you already have a biased opinion...don't think every team but Giddings is perfect...

TexanFan4Life
11-18-2007, 10:07 PM
I have a few opinions about the Giddings Buffaloes, but I'll keep them to myself. I'll just say that they act like they're God's gift to High School Football. No sportsmanship exhibited by those guys whatsoever.

buff4life
11-18-2007, 10:09 PM
I have a few opinions about the Giddings Buffaloes, but I'll keep them to myself. I'll just say that they act like they're God's gift to High School Football. No sportsmanship exhibited by those guys whatsoever.

No we don't act like we're Gods gift, every else acts like we're Satans advocate...

buff4ever
11-18-2007, 10:18 PM

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :crazy:

TexanFan4Life
11-18-2007, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :crazy:

Yeah, that'd be my response if I had just been anointed with a healthy dose of 'the truth', which is what my last comment was.

buff4ever
11-18-2007, 11:20 PM
Yeah, that'd be my response if I had just been anointed with a healthy dose of 'the truth', which is what my last comment was.

You are still a down low band waggoner. You don't phase me man. I shall not judge sealy by your behavior, sealy is a great community, and it is good to have them back in the high school football spotlight. Look to see them better next year than their great finish this year.

TexanFan4Life
11-18-2007, 11:25 PM
You are still a down low band waggoner. You don't phase me man. I shall not judge sealy by your behavior, sealy is a great community, and it is good to have them back in the high school football spotlight. Look to see them better next year than their great finish this year.

Thanks for the kind words. Didn't mean to come off so brash, but I felt tons of hostility towards the Sealy players Friday night in Tomball. That was my first experience with the Giddings program, and it just didn't sit well with me. They flipped us off a few times during the game...I mean, we did our share of taunting as well, but nothing to that level. Players should be ejected immediately for that kind of behavior.

Rattlesnake_08
11-18-2007, 11:26 PM
Giddings 14
WO-S 7

3aSoftball4Mom
11-19-2007, 03:27 AM
OK the so the Giddings players provoked the Sealy players to taunt Fitzhenry when he was laying on the ground in pain? and its really easy to see things one way when you already have a biased opinion...don't think every team but Giddings is perfect...

Maybe it's just me, but I don't understand exactly when this happened......
Sealy players taunting an injured opponent lying on the ground in pain?

Would you please help me out on this one??
I was there, pretty close to the field actually and didn't see or hear anything like that. Seriously, I would like to know where that was happening. :confused: :confused:

For the record: I did hear some rude fans during all of that and asked them "politely" :D to be quiet.

Daddy D 11
11-19-2007, 09:39 AM

:D :rolleyes: :clap:

48minutes
11-19-2007, 09:47 AM

Well the opposing team last friday night against the buffs were gods gift to High School Football let me tell ya. Taking shots in our players back any chance they had, and how about # 3 punching our #7 to get ejected? I'm guessing that was Locke's fault too, just cause we are "the unsportsmanlike Giddings team"

The entire defensive unit from sealy was clearly yelling in brocks face while he was down with his ankle injury, but thats giddings fault also right?

ronwx5x
11-19-2007, 09:48 AM
I am not going to go back and forth or talk this kinda crap on this board, but yes buff4life is saying that about a WOS player. The one that kicked #4 Cassius Bradley in the groin after a big run, cassius kicked back from on the ground and got caught.

The couple of personals you speak of on sealy was 4. And I am pretty hard on our kids, and didn't see it the way you did. I saw some sealy kids playing with a lot of emotion trying to knock off the #1 team in the state and carrying it out a little too far. Won't get into the things I heard about what was going on out there.

You are right though with the low scoring game. As good as both offenses are, their defenses are better. Defense wins championships, this game will be one of those that proves that theory.

I was at the Sealy/Giddings game and I am about as unbiased as one can be as I did not attend either school nor live in either town. What I saw was an emotional game with kids who allowed their emotions to exceed the proper limits. But then, they are kids.

I saw evidence of "taunting" on both sides, but not one team more than the other. I did see a couple of instances of Sealy players throwing Giddings players to the ground in an attempt to either hurt them or intimidate them. I saw retaliation on the part of a couple of Buffalo players also.

There was no excuse for either player who was ejected to go that far. Again, they are kids, and I sincerely hope they learned a lesson. Jonathan Locke has the responsibility to take over the team when Brock is out and he did not live up to that responsibility in this instance. Again, maybe he learned from the experience.

My hope is that all teams play with intensity, but indivuals need to control and channel their emotions. That's the difference between adults and those who still need some maturing.

RattlerDude
11-19-2007, 09:50 AM
If Fitzhenry is at 100 percent, then Giddings will win 28-14. If he is at 75 percent then Giddings will win 21-14. Giddings' defense is very good and there is no such thing as a complete shutdown of Fitzhenry. Against Navasota, he didn't have 100 yards rushing until their very last drive in the last minute of the game but he already had three touchdowns. Giddings over WO-S in a hard fought game.

setxsports
11-19-2007, 10:53 AM
Game time has been changed to 7:30

venomous tat2
11-19-2007, 11:33 AM
I went to the game last Fri to support Giddings and I think Brock's injury is not real serious , he was moving on it in the 2nd half so, all who have said the Buffs can't survive without Brock THINK AGIAN the other qb did a fanstic job don't under estimate him and I do think he may be a better passer YES a better passer than Brock and this kid has got some wheels too. This game will come down to defense. Buffs 27-20 forget that 1 man theory I saw diffrent Fri nite GO BUFFS GO D-23 :clap:

Bull19
11-19-2007, 12:15 PM
if giddings' defense played like they did against sealy, they will have a good shot at a win this week.

Darren
11-19-2007, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by venomous tat2
forget that 1 man theory I saw diffrent Fri nite GO BUFFS GO D-23 :clap:

Thats a great point. Giddings did pull out a playoff win without what many people consider Giddings' whole team.

setxsports
11-19-2007, 01:17 PM
Anything new on Brock????

Rattlesnake_08
11-19-2007, 01:26 PM
It seems logical enough to believe that D-23 can improve to 6-0 in the playoffs this week.

Rattlesnake_08
11-19-2007, 01:45 PM
Giddings by a ton!!! Lol.

Bull19
11-19-2007, 01:59 PM
is wo-s are running team, pass, or what? what kind of offense they run?

tam
11-19-2007, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
is wo-s are running team, pass, or what? what kind of offense they run?

Wo-s runs the spread. They run and pass, but mostly run because they haven't had to pass much, although they mix things up to keep the defense off balanced. They have two very good running backs, #24 and #20. They are brothers and the only way you can tell the difference between the two is from the number on the back of their shirts. They are exactly the same size, have the same running style and is extremely strong and hard to bring down. Their third string running back is pretty good also and the Qb has rushed for 100 yards in a game several times as well. He is big and strong and has a strong arm.

tam
11-19-2007, 03:08 PM
Wo-s does run the spread, but they have switched to the power I depending on the situation. They run the power I just as effective as the spread.

Bull19
11-19-2007, 03:13 PM
well if wo-s is gunna mainly run the ball i expect giddings' d to slow it down.....their d line is the real deal

buff4life
11-19-2007, 03:20 PM
well if wo-s is gunna mainly run the ball i expect giddings' d to slow it down.....their d line is the real deal

i agree...the d line is the strength of the defense

sabre1
11-19-2007, 03:30 PM
I've made up my mind that I'm going to the Katy game instead of this one. Only problem, I can't find date and location for it. Can someone help me out?

Oh yeah, I hope Giddings loses this one big and gets a dose of reality. They're solid, but they're not this high and mighty, invincible team everyone thinks they are.

Sore loser

sabre1
11-19-2007, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by 3aSoftball4Mom

I was there, pretty close to the field actually and didn't see or hear anything like that. Seriously, I would like to know where that was happening. :confused: :confused:

For the record: I did hear some rude fans during all of that and asked them "politely" :D to be quiet.

Stick with SOFTBALL

LH Panther Mom
11-19-2007, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by sabre1
Sore loser
:doh: :doh: :doh: Pot, meet kettle.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

tam
11-19-2007, 03:51 PM

Wo-s doesn't have to run the ball they just never have had to throw it much. They do it and usually keep the defense off balanced. They can pass well also. Giddings might have a good D-line, but Wo-s O-Line is probably one of the best in the state, so if Giddings come in their being over aggressive...they will pay. Teams have tried that and haven't had alot of success. They have hurt themselves if anything.

3aSoftball4Mom
11-19-2007, 04:28 PM
Stick with SOFTBALL

ha ha ha ha ha NICE ONE

:evillol: :evillol: :evillol:
you ARE somethin' aren't you?

did that make you feel like a BIG MAN rookie, telling me that?
:eek: :eek: :eek:

pirate4state
11-19-2007, 04:33 PM
Stick with SOFTBALL

:doh: :speech: :doh:

Everyone just take a deep breath and relax.

Let's keep the topic to WOS vs. Giddings.

Bull19
11-19-2007, 05:09 PM
ha ha ha ha ha NICE ONE

:evillol: :evillol: :evillol:
you ARE somethin' aren't you?

did that make you feel like a BIG MAN rookie, telling me that?
:eek: :eek: :eek:

you were a rookie once. remember that,,,,,and j.v. isnt much better:rolleyes: :devil:

WOS1
11-19-2007, 05:09 PM

Why do I have a "biased opinion"? Is it because we are playing Giddings? At the point I came to my opinion, I did not know which team we were playing because Giddings was in a fight for their lives. Besides, I've watched several of the teams we've played this year, before we actually played them. Giddings, by far, has the most cocky and undisciplined players I've seen. Period. You can argue all you want about how it's not their fault and others are always starting it. That's BS. Five players in five years is a pattern.

WOS1
11-19-2007, 05:19 PM

I didn't see it either, so don't feel alone.

WOS1
11-19-2007, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Rattlesnake_08
It seems logical enough to believe that D-23 can improve to 6-0 in the playoffs this week.

It is also pretty logical that D-21 will too...

buff4life
11-19-2007, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by tam
Wo-s doesn't have to run the ball they just never have had to throw it much. They do it and usually keep the defense off balanced. They can pass well also. Giddings might have a good D-line, but Wo-s O-Line is probably one of the best in the state, so if Giddings come in their being over aggressive...they will pay. Teams have tried that and haven't had alot of success. They have hurt themselves if anything.

what doesn't WOS have that isn't the best in the state? Waterboys subpar?

setxsports
11-19-2007, 05:53 PM
The Stangs are Young this season.

Rattlesnake_08
11-19-2007, 05:54 PM
Giddings by two tons!!!!!

buff4life
11-19-2007, 05:55 PM
Why do I have a "biased opinion"? Is it because we are playing Giddings? At the point I came to my opinion, I did not know which team we were playing because Giddings was in a fight for their lives. Besides, I've watched several of the teams we've played this year, before we actually played them. Giddings, by far, has the most cocky and undisciplined players I've seen. Period. You can argue all you want about how it's not their fault and others are always starting it. That's BS. Five players in five years is a pattern.

no what i am saying is when you believe something and are looking for the SMALLEST thing to connect your beliefs these things are a lot easier to make up than it is for an unbiased third party to see...am i denying Giddings players are cocky and talk trash? no but they definitely do not do it to the level that the few bashers on here make everyone believe...every team talks trash on the field, its a part of the game and don't act like you're innocent...

and you just popping up to post on this thread is a pattern too...hint

buff4life
11-19-2007, 06:00 PM
can't wait until friday...crow will be served

buff4ever
11-19-2007, 06:08 PM
durrrrr, or whatever you kids say these days. It is selective!

Like I have said this year, the boys are playing w/ a lot better attitude this year. Last year I would say we were starting it a lot with talk. This year I would say that the other schools have been starting it with foul play every chance they get. Shots to the back, pushing the limits after the whistle, piling on brock and so on. These are the things that occur when you are one of the best teams in the state. Everyone will take every shot to try and get an upper hand. Our boys have been pretty good with this so far, the sealy game did get a little crazy, most was on sealy due to the above examples. It was do or die for sealy, and I understand what it is like to be up against the best. Sealy was that for several years in a row, I am sure they saw some of these examples from their opponents. What ever the guys name was with the ankle bracelet tracker thing for the county jail probably had that same ankle twisted in dog piles several times.;) ;) ;) :) :)

RattlerDude
11-19-2007, 06:51 PM
Does anyone know the severity of Brock Fitzhenry's injury? His status does determine whether or not Giddings can win

WOS1
11-19-2007, 07:07 PM
can't wait until friday...crow will be served

Crow???:rolleyes: I don't see the connection between serving someone crow and the players having a piss poor attitude.

If you're talking about predictions. It's kind of hard to serve it when you have no fans from the team you're playing predicting a win.

and you just popping up to post on this thread is a pattern too...hint

Ummm... OK...:thinking: :nerd: :crazy:

setxsports
11-19-2007, 07:07 PM
WOS stopped Fitz last year, the WOS offense struggled.

3aSoftball4Mom
11-19-2007, 07:44 PM
you were a rookie once. remember that,,,,,and j.v. isnt much better:rolleyes: :devil:

remember that advice the next time you say something to someone about the same thing, Bull. ....:D

I think you missed the point though.

this isn't your battle

buff4life
11-19-2007, 08:05 PM
Crow???:rolleyes: I don't see the connection between serving someone crow and the players having a piss poor attitude.

no but so far 49 or more people have picked WOS to win and you say everything WOS is the best in the state...those are just the beginning ingredients for my crow kabaabs...i have a feeling i will get more ingredients later in the week...

buff4life
11-19-2007, 08:06 PM
remember that advice the next time you say something to someone about the same thing, Bull. ....:D

I think you missed the point though.

this isn't your battle

to answer your question...Sealy players were taunting and cussing at Fitz when he was down, you can't read lips from the stands but you can see head bobbing and reaction from opposing players...don't bash me back because i'm not saying Giddings in perfect but don't think Sealy is either...

3aSoftball4Mom
11-19-2007, 08:15 PM
to answer your question...Sealy players were taunting and cussing at Fitz when he was down, you can't read lips from the stands but you can see head bobbing and reaction from opposing players...don't bash me back because i'm not saying Giddings in perfect but don't think Sealy is either...

Bash you back?? I don't know what you are talking about. I wasn't bashing you back Buff.
I just asked a simple question, because i couldn't tell that anything was going on. I should have asked the question differently......... I wanted to know WHERE it was happening... on the field or from the sidelines. I personaly think that is a very unclassy act. Very immature and rude!

Check the quote that you copied. It's not to you.

buff4life
11-19-2007, 08:23 PM
Bash you back?? I don't know what you are talking about. I wasn't bashing you back Buff.
I just asked a simple question, because i couldn't tell that anything was going on. I should have asked the question differently......... I wanted to know WHERE it was happening... on the field or from the sidelines. I personaly think that is a very unclassy act. Very immature and rude!

Check the quote that you copied. It's not to you.

i know i figured someone would come back with Giddings is so and so...no it was defenders on the field that had just tackled him or were around him when it happened....no one from the sideline...

i meant to quote your earlier post about someone help me out sorry...:doh:

tam
11-19-2007, 08:31 PM
what doesn't WOS have that isn't the best in the state? Waterboys subpar?

First of all, you need to learn to read with comprehension, I said they have one of the best O-lines in the state. I'm not saying anything different than what your saying about your team. Wo-s have proven themselves in this state for many years...what have you really done? Don't speak about eating crow because you might be eating alot yourself. People have a right to their opinions. Just cause most are picking Wo-s to win shouldn't cause you to make a statement like that because if most was picking Giddings...I wouldn't care. Peoples opinions isn't going to decide this game, the guys on the field will.

crazy
11-19-2007, 08:33 PM
Amen. Let us pray.

buff4life
11-19-2007, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by tam
First of all, you need to learn to read with comprehension, I said they have one of the best O-lines in the state. I'm not saying anything different than what your saying about your team. Wo-s have proven themselves in this state for many years...what have you really done? Don't speak about eating crow because you might be eating alot yourself. People have a right to their opinions. Just cause most are picking Wo-s to win shouldn't cause you to make a statement like that because if most was picking Giddings...I wouldn't care. Peoples opinions isn't going to decide this game, the guys on the field will.

i'm not saying just you, but someone said they're defense is the best in the state, you said their Oline is the best in the state, someone else said their running back is the best in the state, it was a sarcastic comment and trust me i read your post with comprehension...

your right about the guys on the field determining the outcome, but i will eat crow if i have too...

buffalo booster
11-19-2007, 08:45 PM
You won't have to...

setxsports
11-19-2007, 08:46 PM
Should be a good one!

3aSoftball4Mom
11-19-2007, 08:46 PM
i know i figured someone would come back with Giddings is so and so...no it was defenders on the field that had just tackled him or were around him when it happened....no one from the sideline...

i meant to quote your earlier post about someone help me out sorry...:doh:

Oh, okay...:D

No "Giddings is so and so from me"....If you'll notice in all of my posts, I don't talk smack about any of Sealy's teams or talk trash about other teams.
and I'm always trying to keep the boys from doing it too, BUT, boys will be boys and I guess it's in the "Male rule book" somewhere, that they have to talk that way. JK!

Woops.....sorry, I'm talking boys sports again, I was told to stick to SOFTBALL. ;) ;)

Friday night....top 2 teams in the state...It should be a great game, I'll be there to watch.

buff4ever
11-19-2007, 09:07 PM
okay it is almost tuesday, lets talk about giddings/wos now, it should be a great match up. I have said it once, I will say it again; this will be a defensive war just like last year.

20FAN07
11-19-2007, 09:13 PM
Just out of curosity, what types of offense is dominant in yalls district.
This game will be very exciting (more so for me if WOS wins)... its gunna be a packed house and cold weather what else could you ask for. It really sucks even though it's been a good game, that two teams of this caliber have to meet this early in the playoffs.

leecofans
11-19-2007, 09:18 PM
It really sucks even though it's been a good game, that two teams of this caliber have to meet this early in the playoffs.

We were sitting in the stands thinking this exact same thing last year!!! It really had the feel of a final - my heart just ached when I saw the Thomas kid kneeling on the field after playing such a superb game. Although, he still certainly had (and has!) so much to look forward to, as will the seniors this year - no matter who wins!

20FAN07
11-19-2007, 09:22 PM
Yeah it's pretty heartbreaking to exert yourself so much but fall short. Luckly him and some others were able to continue their football days.

Rattlesnake_08
11-19-2007, 09:37 PM
I can't believe the lack of support Giddings is getting in the poll this week.

crazy
11-19-2007, 09:39 PM
Maybe they are all nervous or they are superstitious. I am fairly new to the board (only a couple of weeks) so I don't know what their "norm" is.

leecofans
11-19-2007, 09:39 PM
Yeah it's pretty heartbreaking to exert yourself so much but fall short. Luckly him and some others were able to continue their football days.

Definitely! He was one of the most outstanding high school athletes I've had the privilege to watch. Can't wait to see what he does for the Longhorns!

3aSoftball4Mom
11-19-2007, 09:57 PM
okay it is almost tuesday, lets talk about giddings/wos now, it should be a great match up. I have said it once, I will say it again; this will be a defensive war just like last year.

I agree!!
like I said in my last post:

Friday night....top 2 teams in the state...It should be a great game, I'll be there to watch

Crimestick
11-19-2007, 10:06 PM

Same with the WO-S defense, which is ranked second in 3A behind Rio Hondo. WO-S is especially strong (thus far) against the run.

Offensive stats comparison:

Total yards:
WO-S: 4,045
Giddings: 3,531

Rushing yards:
WO-S: 2,852
Giddings: 3,381

Passing yards:
WO-S: 1,193
Giddings: 150

Defensive stats comparison:

Rushing yards allowed:
WO-S: 843
Giddings: 1,369

Passing yards allowed:
WO-S: 814
Giddings: 936

Points per game allowed:
WO-S: 8.3
Giddings: 12.3

garciap77
11-19-2007, 10:11 PM
WO-S!

Crimestick
11-19-2007, 10:15 PM
no but so far 49 or more people have picked WOS to win and you say everything WOS is the best in the state...those are just the beginning ingredients for my crow kabaabs...i have a feeling i will get more ingredients later in the week...

I dunno about the rest of our positions. We're a young, young team this year - especially on offense. Still, they've put up great numbers. The defense, I would say, is quite possibly the best in 3A. When you allow just 8 points per game against some of our opponents this year - like Dayton, who seems like a 4A juggernaut in the playoffs - you're doing pretty well.

buff4life
11-19-2007, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Crimestick
I dunno about the rest of our positions. We're a young, young team this year - especially on offense. Still, they've put up great numbers. The defense, I would say, is quite possibly the best in 3A. When you allow just 8 points per game against some of our opponents this year - like Dayton, who seems like a 4A juggernaut in the playoffs - you're doing pretty well.

i agree the defense seems to be one of the best in the state...but every position and player can't be the best or we would call yall the New England Patriots lol :D

setxsports
11-19-2007, 10:35 PM
Their pretty good!

buff4life
11-19-2007, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by **********
Their pretty good!

I know...

WOS1
11-19-2007, 11:04 PM
you say everything WOS is the best in the state...

Please find where I posted this and copy and paste it... that statement is straight up retarded...

:kiss:

WOS1
11-19-2007, 11:10 PM
i'm not saying just you, but someone said they're defense is the best in the state, you said their Oline is the best in the state, someone else said their running back is the best in the state, it was a sarcastic comment and trust me i read your post with comprehension...

your right about the guys on the field determining the outcome, but i will eat crow if i have too...

Actually, your comprehension isn't very good because it has been posted that WO-S is the 2nd best team in the state based on scoring and no one has said anything about our running back being the best in the state. Just that he and his brother are good, which they are. You don't get to be 10-1 with mediocre players.

WOS1
11-19-2007, 11:23 PM
Anyway, back to topic... I think that, for WOS to score more than 21 points we will need to mix it up. I don't believe we will be able to just run up and down the field on Giddings. I do think Giddings is a little susceptible to the pass. I think that Giddings will have to mix it up as well to score more than 21 on WOS. Both defenses are good. It will ultimately come down to who can mix it up, make a couple of big plays and capitolize on their opportunities.

buff4life
11-19-2007, 11:44 PM
Actually, your comprehension isn't very good because it has been posted that WO-S is the 2nd best team in the state based on scoring and no one has said anything about our running back being the best in the state. Just that he and his brother are good, which they are. You don't get to be 10-1 with mediocre players.

that was part of my ingredients for my crow kabaabs i'll be serving after the game...but nice try punking me, hope you get a good laugh because i will get the last one on FRIDAY HAHAHA:p

Rattlesnake_08
11-19-2007, 11:46 PM
What do you know...The two biggest trash-talkers on the downlow are going at it!!!

buff4life
11-19-2007, 11:48 PM
What do you know...The two biggest trash-talkers on the downlow are going at it!!!

watch it!!! not a trash talker, just always seem to have to stand up for my town...funny

Rattlesnake_08
11-19-2007, 11:52 PM
watch it!!! not a trash talker, just always seem to have to stand up for my town...funny

That was meant to be a compliment.

buff4life
11-19-2007, 11:53 PM
That was meant to be a compliment.

ok well then...back to trash talking then lol...

Rattlesnake_08
11-19-2007, 11:55 PM
ok well then...back to trash talking then lol...

There you go!

Good luck this week.

buff4life
11-19-2007, 11:56 PM
There you go!

Good luck this week.

Good Luck to Yall TOO!!!

88bobcats
11-20-2007, 12:25 AM

Man, I'm getting pumped up to see this game! Both teams go in with touted defenses.

When I saw WO-S play a few weeks ago, Mr. Tim Matherne (6'1", 260) absolutely crushed defensive linemen. The off-tackle attack behind him just piled up the yards. He's also a great young man with loads of class and character.

I've heard lots of reports about the Buffalo D-line. Last year Giddings had one of the best running defenses I've ever seen. Dock and his boys were everywhere on the field.

I think Mr. Matherne will open some holes and force the Buffaloes to load the box to stop the Garretts. Then Mr. Hypolite will start to pick apart the defensive secondary. I'm just anxious to see how the Buffalo defense responds; and whether the Mustang defense can corral the Buffalo stampede.

I likes me some good defense, I do!

orangeblood
11-20-2007, 12:53 AM
The QB #7 scored and said "thats right baby, getcha some" to a player who had been talking crap back and forth all game...the opposing player then swung at #7 and when the player got ejected #7 waved bye and got ejected for unsportmanlike conduct

I think that ejection was B.S., Smack talk part of the game Throwing punches player should be ejected no matter what... It's football not Boxing or Hockey..... These REFS need to get a grip they allow way to much of that IMO..... back in the day you could get ejected for alot less.

TexanFan4Life
11-20-2007, 01:13 AM
Man, I'm getting pumped up to see this game! Both teams go in with touted defenses.

When I saw WO-S play a few weeks ago, Mr. Tim Matherne (6'1", 260) absolutely crushed defensive linemen. The off-tackle attack behind him just piled up the yards. He's also a great young man with loads of class and character.

I've heard lots of reports about the Buffalo D-line. Last year Giddings had one of the best running defenses I've ever seen. Dock and his boys were everywhere on the field.

I think Mr. Matherne will open some holes and force the Buffaloes to load the box to stop the Garretts. Then Mr. Hypolite will start to pick apart the defensive secondary. I'm just anxious to see how the Buffalo defense responds; and whether the Mustang defense can corral the Buffalo stampede.

I likes me some good defense, I do!

Giddings runs a 3-3-5, which occasionally turns into a 3-5 when they walk 2 Rovers up and bring them off the edge. I think you run the ball on Giddings right down their throats until they prove they can stop it...then you hit them with the play action pass over the top. None of this darting for the sidelines crap. You've also got to run a lot of single back formations to run successfully against Giddings. Their D Linemen slant to one side pretty much all game, and it's incredibly easy to catch Dock overpursuing on any given play. Bottom line..you beat Giddings with what I just said above: hard-nosed between the tackles running, Play Action. You've also got to hit their QB (either Brock or Locke), whether he has the ball or not (during the play, of course). It's way too easy to get Brock frustrated. But the most important thing to remember when playing Giddings....

Beat them with class and dignity. Don't let them lure you into playing their little games. They play dirty and they have no respect for anybody else. Don't let that phase you. You've got to play with mental toughness to beat Giddings. They get frustrated very easily if their little tricks don't work.

IHStangFan
11-20-2007, 05:42 AM
This is going to be another great football game. If you in the area you need to stop by, i promise you won't be disappointed. Good Luck to both teams friday night....of course more to WOS.
Go Get'em Stangs!! I will more than likely be there. I predicted WOS to win a state title back in Aug. I will be following the Mustangs the rest of the way. See everyone Fri. night!

Darren
11-20-2007, 08:46 AM
Giddings runs a 3-3-5, which occasionally turns into a 3-5 when they walk 2 Rovers up and bring them off the edge. I think you run the ball on Giddings right down their throats until they prove they can stop it...then you hit them with the play action pass over the top. None of this darting for the sidelines crap. You've also got to run a lot of single back formations to run successfully against Giddings. Their D Linemen slant to one side pretty much all game, and it's incredibly easy to catch Dock overpursuing on any given play. Bottom line..you beat Giddings with what I just said above: hard-nosed between the tackles running, Play Action. You've also got to hit their QB (either Brock or Locke), whether he has the ball or not (during the play, of course). It's way too easy to get Brock frustrated. But the most important thing to remember when playing Giddings....

Beat them with class and dignity. Don't let them lure you into playing their little games. They play dirty and they have no respect for anybody else. Don't let that phase you. You've got to play with mental toughness to beat Giddings. They get frustrated very easily if their little tricks don't work.

There is alot of Trash talk from you against Giddings.

Chill out. Sealy played Giddings close and they are a good team. DONT BE A SORE LOSER.

GUNHO
11-20-2007, 09:08 AM
I can't believe the lack of support Giddings is getting in the poll this week.

I wouldn't let it bother me.Giddings has been # 1 in the polls most of the year and some people will vote against them just for that reason.They want to see # 1 go down.I don't put much stock in polls,Giddings is # 1 and has a seasoned team.WO-S is # 7 and a young team to start the season.Well they are not young any more with eleven games behind them.At the start of the season I wouldn't have thought,if we had made it to this game,that we would have been able to compete with Giddings.Now,not only can we compete,we have a chance to win.That's all a fan can ask for and it will be settled Friday night on the field and not on this board.Man I love high school football.

buff4ever
11-20-2007, 09:19 AM

Not only do you sound like someone posting with a chip on your shoulder, you are also wrong about our defense. That is not the defense we were in against your tiggers most of the game, but good try on looking smart.

You are really starting to get on my nerve dude. It wouldn't hurt my feelings if you found another team to post about since sealy is out.

Bull19
11-20-2007, 10:05 AM

where you even at the game? you have it all wrong. before you start coaching other teams on how to get to the q.b. you might wanna coach your tiggers on how to protect him. i'm about 95% sure your sealy q.b. is still cooped up in his bed at home after taking hit after hit the other night.

beat them with class and dignity? once again, coach your boys up first up on those two things before you come on here preaching to other teams about it.

crazy
11-20-2007, 10:37 AM
It doesn't matter....really. I'm sure that the WOS DC will watch the game and make his own determination on how to stop Giddings. He knows his own players and their capabilities and will make adjustments accordingly....trust me. He knows what he's doing!!!

buff4life
11-20-2007, 10:44 AM
You've also got to hit their QB (either Brock or Locke), whether he has the ball or not (during the play, of course). It's way too easy to get Brock frustrated. But the most important thing to remember when playing Giddings....

So coming up and creaming Brock in the legs or in the back when he's just standing there after he handed the ball out is perfectly fine right? I'm guessing the dirty play of the Giddings players caused that huh?

boba fett
11-20-2007, 10:46 AM
Now THIS is a good FOOTBALL thread! I've been reading this board for years, but don't post much mainly because I work too damn much!! Thank God for Holidays. Looks like this is THE game to watch this week by all indications of this thread.

I guess I could take a few hours for myself and go watch this game and see if there is any truth to the following:

1. WOS has the 2nd best defense in the state, statistically speaking;
2. WOS has probably one of the better O-line in the state;
3. to watch first hand WOS, the strongest 2nd half team in state, numbers don't lie folks;
4. to see the one-two punch at RB that WOS has to offer;
5. Giddings defense - are they as good as advertised;
6. Brock Fitzhenry has a broken ankle; and
7. to see if anyone is ejected.

Good luck to both teams and I hope I'm not disappointed.

buff4life
11-20-2007, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by crazy
It doesn't matter....really. I'm sure that the WOS DC will watch the game and make his own determination on how to stop Giddings. He knows his own players and their capabilities and will make adjustments accordingly....trust me. He knows what he's doing!!!

I had questions about the OC last year...from our point of view it was great though!!! :D

crazy
11-20-2007, 10:48 AM
Whatever...I'm not going to bad-mouth our coaches at all. Last year is over. You better prepare for this year!

buff4life
11-20-2007, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by crazy
Whatever...I'm not going to bad-mouth our coaches at all. Last year is over. You better prepare for this year!

just making a joke bro, don't take it so personal, and trust me,we will be

buff4life
11-20-2007, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by orangeblood
I think that ejection was B.S., Smack talk part of the game Throwing punches player should be ejected no matter what... It's football not Boxing or Hockey..... These REFS need to get a grip they allow way to much of that IMO..... back in the day you could get ejected for alot less.

Don't tell anybody else that, Giddings is "horrible, dirty, downright evil, and orphans fighting for a home"...but yes i agree with you...

pirate4state
11-20-2007, 11:33 AM
Giddings is "horrible, dirty, downright evil, and orphans fighting for a home"...yes i agree with you... well, i'm glad you've finally admitted it :p :p :D

Hey - are you gonna be at the game?

buff4life
11-20-2007, 11:55 AM
well, i'm glad you've finally admitted it :p :p :D

Hey - are you gonna be at the game?

Yes M'am I will be there...i think we are getting there around noon or one to tailgate and watch the Texas game while eating some chili and somethin...will be fun..

buff4ever
11-20-2007, 12:46 PM
Had I mentioned this will be a hell of a defensive war.

1st and goal
11-20-2007, 01:17 PM

This post stinks so bad I can smell it here in Austin...

I was at the same game dude and I didn't see anything except a few of Sealy's defensive players take cheap shots during and after the plays. And one individual (I'd post his # but I don't want to be sidelined) from Sealy was really playing dirty. Binoculars can really show some detail. If they are coached to do such, well I hope the coaches find another line of work. I think our team just grew tired of the "after the play shoulder knocks and crap".

WHERE WAS SEALY'S CLASS AND DIGNITY??? From what I saw, their Defense started the bad sportsmanship. A few players sure didn't show any of it last Friday night and they know who they are. A few bad apples tried to spoil the bunch. The rest of the team was really talented. I think they should try to throw more to that tall reciever.

You guys will be back next year.

TexanFan4Life
11-20-2007, 01:24 PM
where you even at the game? you have it all wrong. before you start coaching other teams on how to get to the q.b. you might wanna coach your tiggers on how to protect him. i'm about 95% sure your sealy q.b. is still cooped up in his bed at home after taking hit after hit the other night.

beat them with class and dignity? once again, coach your boys up first up on those two things before you come on here preaching to other teams about it.

Did I say anything specifically about the Sealy game? NO.

I was speaking in general terms. Usually, you guys come out in a 3-3-5 and usually your guys play dirty and try to get inside the heads of your opponent. The Sealy game aside, your 'team' has little class and doesn't deserve to win a State Championship.

1st and goal
11-20-2007, 01:25 PM
Now for the WOS-Giddings game, I think Giddings can win without Brock if they get Dock lined up on offense and practice throwing the ball all week.

I don't vote these polls usually and not this one. Too close to call.

Ball control and special teams will make the difference.

One thing for sure, this playoff schedule is NO CAKE WALK like some others have it. You know who you are you cake walkers. I told my buddy going to the cake walk game last week and told him to get me a ticket even tho' I wasn't going and that I wanted a pound cake if my # got picked.:) :) :)

Almost forgot, I'm glad to see support from District 23!!! GO, FIGHT, WIN!!!

TexanFan4Life
11-20-2007, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by 1st and goal
This post stinks so bad I can smell it here in Austin...

I was at the same game dude and I didn't see anything except a few of Sealy's defensive players take cheap shots during and after the plays. And one individual (I'd post his # but I don't want to be sidelined) from Sealy was really playing dirty. Binoculars can really show some detail. If they are coached to do such, well I hope the coaches find another line of work. I think our team just grew tired of the "after the play shoulder knocks and crap".

WHERE WAS SEALY'S CLASS AND DIGNITY??? From what I saw, their Defense started the bad sportsmanship. A few players sure didn't show any of it last Friday night and they know who they are. A few bad apples tried to spoil the bunch. The rest of the team was really talented. I think they should try to throw more to that tall reciever.

One thing I don't like about 3A football is the run heavy offenses. When teams do decide to throw, they're little BS 5-8 yard routes. A lot of that, of course, is due to the fact that there are few really athletic WR's on any given team. They're few and far between.

Again, I wasn't speaking of Sealy specifically.

1st and goal
11-20-2007, 01:29 PM

I guess this is why you're not laughing...

buff4life
11-20-2007, 01:29 PM

I was speaking in general terms. Usually, you guys come out in a 3-3-5 and usually your guys play dirty and try to get inside the heads of your opponent. The Sealy game aside, your 'team' has little class and doesn't deserve to win a State Championship.

a team DESERVES to win a state championship if they beat all of their opponents...your opinion holds little power in many eyes...look in the mirror at your own team before tearing down a good one...

TexanFan4Life
11-20-2007, 01:33 PM
a team DESERVES to win a state championship if they beat all of their opponents...your opinion holds little power in many eyes...look in the mirror at your own team before tearing down a good one...

Why do you keep throwing Sealy into this conversation? I'm posting as a fan of the game...and as a fan of the game I'm saying that Giddings doesn't win the right way. True, most people would laugh at that, but I just can't see how one of the Fitzhenry's can allow certain things to go on around him and still be able to look himself in the mirror and call himself a winner. That's beyond me.

When I say 'certain things', you know exactly what I'm talking about.

buff4life
11-20-2007, 01:35 PM
Why do you keep throwing Sealy into this conversation? I'm posting as a fan of the game...and as a fan of the game I'm saying that Giddings doesn't win the right way. True, most people would laugh at that, but I just can't see how one of the Fitzhenry's can allow certain things to go on around him and still be able to look himself in the mirror and call himself a winner. That's beyond me.

When I say 'certain things', you know exactly what I'm talking about.

the team you represent was apparently Sealy and you've been talking from Sealy's point of view since you got on here...and i wouldn't call you a fan of the game just yet, almost every post you've had is something derogatory about giddings...

if you want to be a fan of the game then provide some good insight about the games not your biased opinions about other teams coaches and players

and pm the certain thing so i know that you don't have some crazy notion in your head...

Darren
11-20-2007, 01:39 PM

I'm sure that the True Sealy fans hate that you are representing Sealy.

Grow up and move on....

TexanFan4Life
11-20-2007, 01:41 PM
the team you represent was apparently Sealy and you've been talking from Sealy's point of view since you got on here...and i wouldn't call you a fan of the game just yet, almost every post you've had is something derogatory about giddings...

if you want to be a fan of the game then provide some good insight about the games not your biased opinions about other teams coaches and players

and pm the certain thing so i know that you don't have some crazy notion in your head...

We're in a WOS/Giddings game thread and I like WOS in this one. I'll say 17-13.

All you have to do is watch one Giddings game to be able to tell that they're a team that doesn't place a lot of emphasis on class and character. That's all. I'll quit talking about Giddings now.

buff4life
11-20-2007, 01:42 PM
All you have to do is watch one Giddings game to be able to tell that they're a team that doesn't place a lot of emphasis on class and character. That's all. I'll quit talking about Giddings now.

Thank God the opinionated LIES can stop now...

TexanFan4Life
11-20-2007, 01:43 PM
I'm sure that the True Sealy fans hate that you are representing Sealy.

Grow up and move on....

I'll do that.

TexanFan4Life
11-20-2007, 01:46 PM
Thank God we can stop the opinionated LIES now...

You have to admit that I AM right about how to attack Giddings' defense. Their D Line slants most of the time and #91 and #11 are so aggressive that it's easy to get them to overpursue. You have to run misdirection and run right at them to set up the Play Action pass.

Bull19
11-20-2007, 01:47 PM
You have to admit that I AM right about how to attack Giddings' defense. Their D Line slants most of the time and #91 and #11 are so aggressive that it's easy to get them to overpursue. You have to run misdirection and run right at them to set up the Play Action pass. :rolleyes:

just like your right about how giddings has no class:rolleyes:

buff4life
11-20-2007, 01:48 PM
You have to admit that I AM right about how to attack Giddings' defense. Their D Line slants most of the time and #91 and #11 are so aggressive that it's easy to get them to overpursue. You have to run misdirection and run right at them to set up the Play Action pass.
The D line slants most of the time as part of the blitzes they bring...but your right i would say the D alignment is better suited to defend the spread than the Power I, but don't let that fool you, we CAN stop either...

Bull19
11-20-2007, 01:51 PM
you cant possibly think that giddings is going to run the exact same defense against wo-s as they did agaisnt sealy, etc......you make adjustments to the teams your facing.....im sure it will be similar in many different ways,but they will make the adjustments so overpursing wont be a factor,etc.

buff4life
11-20-2007, 01:52 PM
The defensive coordinator at Giddings, Coach Z what up yo holla at your boy sometime, is awesome...he will have the D ready for this game i promise...

TexanFan4Life
11-20-2007, 01:56 PM
Well, I don't expect Giddings to come out in a 4-3. Usually they only have 6 in the box, so utilizing a power run game is the logical choice against them. Locke led the district in INTs last season, so I'd be careful about just tossing it around toward him...but I think WOS should take some chances down the field. Giddings plays the sidelines very well because of their defensive quickness, but they're a little soft over the middle if you ask me. They've got to take advantage of that.

buff4life
11-20-2007, 02:00 PM
Well, I don't expect Giddings to come out in a 4-3. Usually they only have 6 in the box, so utilizing a power run game is the logical choice against them. Locke led the district in INTs last season, so I'd be careful about just tossing it around toward him...but I think WOS should take some chances down the field. Giddings plays the sidelines very well because of their defensive quickness, but they're a little soft over the middle if you ask me. They've got to take advantage of that.

geez are you from Giddings or Sealy? You seem to know more about us than you do you...

TexanFan4Life
11-20-2007, 02:02 PM
geez are you from Giddings or Sealy? You seem to know more about us than you do you...

LOL sorry dude. I like to analyze and pick apart offenses and defenses, opponent or not. Weird, I know.

buff4life
11-20-2007, 02:04 PM
LOL sorry dude. I like to analyze and pick apart offenses and defenses, opponent or not. Weird, I know.

I see that http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/aktion/action-smiley-010.gif

TexanFan4Life
11-20-2007, 02:08 PM
Where will this game be? If it's a Friday game, I might go check it out. (I'm going to the Katy game Saturday)

buff4life
11-20-2007, 02:13 PM
Where will this game be? If it's a Friday game, I might go check it out. (I'm going to the Katy game Saturday)

Pearland, Friday 7:30 pm

TexanFan4Life
11-20-2007, 02:15 PM
Pearland, Friday 7:30 pm

That's quite a drive from me. If I go I better sit on the WOS side so no angry Giddings fans figure out that I'm the anti-Giddings poster on these boards. LOL

buff4life
11-20-2007, 02:18 PM
That's quite a drive from me. If I go I better sit on the WOS side so no angry Giddings fans figure out that I'm the anti-Giddings poster on these boards. LOL

HAHA there are too many of them on this board for us to worry about it...you're more than welcome to sit with us http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/aktion/action-smiley-032.gif

pirate4state
11-20-2007, 02:21 PM
HAHA there are too many of them on this board for us to worry about it...you're more than welcome to sit with us http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/aktion/action-smiley-032.gif that's creepy :eek: :eek: :D

TexanFan4Life
11-20-2007, 02:22 PM
HAHA there are too many of them on this board for us to worry about it...you're more than welcome to sit with us http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/aktion/action-smiley-032.gif

Thanks man. Do you know where I can get directions to the stadium? I've never been to Pearland. Do you think they'd mind if I stood up and cheered every time WOS scored? HAHA jk dude.

pirate4state
11-20-2007, 02:24 PM
Thanks man. Do you know where I can get directions to the stadium? I've never been to Pearland. Do you think they'd mind if I stood up and cheered every time WOS scored? HAHA jk dude. HAHA

kepdawg
11-20-2007, 02:25 PM
Stadium (http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=632)

kepdawg
11-20-2007, 02:27 PM
Go ahead and cheer!

P4S is going to be yelling out Dock's location!

Be warned, she's bringing an air horn to blow if Dock leaves the field!

buff4life
11-20-2007, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Stadium (http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=632)

or here http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=74684

TexanFan4Life
11-20-2007, 02:28 PM
Go ahead and cheer!

As long as she's not sitting directly behind me, I think I'll be alright. Although, air horns do get annoying after...I don't know...the first time you use them!

buff4life
11-20-2007, 02:29 PM
Go ahead and cheer!

HAHAHAHA!!!

kepdawg
11-20-2007, 02:29 PM
or here http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=74684

Or here:

Stadium (http://pearlandoilers.com/therig.html)

This one is PISD's site.

kepdawg
11-20-2007, 02:30 PM
As long as she's not sitting directly behind me, I think I'll be alright. Although, air horns do get annoying after...I don't know...the first time you use them!

No need to worry she won't be using the air horn much, if at all - maybe at halftime!

pirate4state
11-20-2007, 02:31 PM
Go ahead and cheer!

:D :D :D

I will also radio the Caldwell coaches as I'm sure they'll want to know too!!! :kiss:

buff4ever
11-20-2007, 02:34 PM
WOW

TexanFan4Life
11-20-2007, 02:35 PM
WOW

Any idea who's going to play QB for you guys next year?

buff4life
11-20-2007, 02:37 PM
NO IDEA...hopefully next year is a good 5 games away though :D

TexanFan4Life
11-20-2007, 02:42 PM
NO IDEA...hopefully next year is a good 5 games away though :D

I'm guessing it'll be your current JV starter. I'm guessing he's a quick little guy, because of the Flex Bone y'all run.

Darren
11-20-2007, 03:06 PM
http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/aktion/action-smiley-032.gif

Hey man is that smiley kissing the other ones head.

I am by no means a smiley expert (Rita can attest to that) but tell me it aint so.

Darren
11-20-2007, 03:07 PM
I'm guessing it'll be your current JV starter. I'm guessing he's a quick little guy, because of the Flex Bone y'all run.

Who knows....

Brocks little brother is the starting 8th grade QB.......

kepdawg
11-20-2007, 03:08 PM

I am by no means a smiley expert (Rita can attest to that) but tell me it aint so.

I thought it was petting the other one.

buff4ever
11-20-2007, 03:08 PM
Can't you see darren, that IS what is going on. Note it made the other smiley happy after that. Do we have to walk you through everything?:) :) ;)

buff4life
11-20-2007, 03:14 PM

its a sypathetic one...it went good in the context

pirate4state
11-20-2007, 03:18 PM

True you are no expert! :hand: :D

Darren
11-20-2007, 03:20 PM
Can't you see darren, that IS what is going on. Note it made the other smiley happy after that. Do we have to walk you through everything?:) :) ;)

Nice...

Darren
11-20-2007, 03:21 PM
its a sypathetic one...it went good in the context

I see.... Carry on then.

3aSoftball4Mom
11-20-2007, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by 1st and goal
I think they should try to throw more to that tall reciever.

the one that was open "nearly" all of the time? :D your right!

zebrablue2
11-20-2007, 08:16 PM
good luck to the buffs. make 23 proud. hope it is a great texas high school football game, and play injury free...

RattlerDude
11-20-2007, 09:40 PM
Come on Giddings, ya'll have to pull this one off. How is Fitzhenry? Will he play?

UnoCuatro
11-20-2007, 09:41 PM
the one that was open "nearly" all of the time? :D your right! i thought i was the only one that noticed......

buff4ever
11-20-2007, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by UnoCuatro
i thought i was the only one that noticed......

Did yall also notice your qb was on his back or running from buffalos everyplay, or were you too busy looking down field.

UnoCuatro
11-20-2007, 10:08 PM
i remember quarterbacks for both teams getting a little banged up...do you?

buff4ever
11-20-2007, 10:12 PM
all i am saying is that you were acting like you had time to get the ball to this so called wide open tall guy, but you didn't. A good call by the way, but your only pass you successfully completed was the screen several times very well.

that is all I was pointing out.

UnoCuatro
11-20-2007, 10:20 PM
no doubt very physical game....you must be a defensive player...not safety tho...if you had been in the stands u would have noticed the open receiver, so you must giddings D?

I could be wrong ....

UnoCuatro
11-20-2007, 10:49 PM
giddings d will be ready for the WOS running game. I think it's time to for the buffalo to "air it out". I think the pass with determine this game. If I've seen it once, I've seen it a million times.....

"remember, we can throw the ball"

3aSoftball4Mom
11-20-2007, 11:07 PM
Hey Uno Quatro,
are you going to this game Friday night? We'll be there.

It gonna be a good one.

UnoCuatro
11-20-2007, 11:12 PM
we're thinking bout it. should be a good game. OK "softball mom" here comes the tough question. if you go, which side are you gonna sit on?

UnoCuatro
11-20-2007, 11:21 PM
still thinking about it? JK! We have tickets to the TX/A&M game. A close family member is a longhorn Alumni...don't know if we could do both games. What time would we need to leave here to make it to pearland on time?

3aSoftball4Mom
11-20-2007, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by UnoCuatro
still thinking about it? JK! We have tickets to the TX/A&M game. A close family member is a longhorn Alumni...don't know if we could do both games. What time would we need to leave here to make it to pearland on time?

still thinking.... Giddings folks probably wouldn't want me on there side.. lol

If you go on the Beltway to Pearland it would take a little over an hour. I heard the game was changed to 7:30. J & I are going early, I like to watch the pre-game stuff. Pirate4State is probably going to and we are meeting in the parking lot.

TexanFan4Life
11-21-2007, 12:39 AM
the one that was open "nearly" all of the time? :D your right!

You guys talking about #4 Jeffrey Krenek? I think he'll be our Senior starting QB next season. Reichardt's graduating this year.

But I now realize that you're probably talking about #14 Brad Miller. Sealy doesn't like to throw the ball that much. On the off chance that they do, the ball usually goes to Freddie or Dex out of the backfield. But you're right...they should throw more. At the very least, it would open up some lanes for our runners.

Darren
11-21-2007, 07:50 AM
still thinking.... Giddings folks probably wouldn't want me on there side.. lol

If you go on the Beltway to Pearland it would take a little over an hour. I heard the game was changed to 7:30. J & I are going early, I like to watch the pre-game stuff. Pirate4State is probably going to and we are meeting in the parking lot.

If there is room on the Giddings side your are more than Welcome.

We will see you there.

buff4ever
11-21-2007, 11:27 AM
Stadium seats a lot, I guess just a lot more on the home side. You never know what to expect on thanksgiving playoff games in the way of turn out. Same sometimes, sometimes a little more, sometimes a little less. Then there is the factor of the expectations of this game being so high. We will see, I look for a great atmosphere & A DEFENSIVE WAR.

GUNHO
11-21-2007, 11:59 AM
We play Bay City here every year.It dose seat a lot of people and is a nice stadium.BTW.This is where we had our only lost this year.Hope I can still say that on saturday.:D

LHMom
11-21-2007, 12:44 PM
OK - I have not read through all the pages of this thread but the poll is heavily weighted towards WOS, which seems out of whack for Giddings to have been ranked #1 most of the year. What's the short & sweet? (Is it just a byproduct of more WOS folks on the board? Do people just "want" Giddings to get knocked off?)

88bobcats
11-21-2007, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by LHMom
OK - I have not read through all the pages of this thread but the poll is heavily weighted towards WOS, which seems out of whack for Giddings to have been ranked #1 most of the year. What's the short & sweet? (Is it just a byproduct of more WOS folks on the board? Do people just "want" Giddings to get knocked off?)

I get the impression that they've been ranked #1 this year because of state-wide voting. With offense so heavily weighted on the run, and less passing threat, the one-dimensional offense is vulnerable to a quick defense like the Mustangs have.

I get the impression that the Region III posters know the situation, but state-wide voting has bolstered Giddings over the season.

Just my two cents.

buff4life
11-21-2007, 01:01 PM
I get the impression that they've been ranked #1 this year because of state-wide voting. With offense so heavily weighted on the run, and less passing threat, the one-dimensional offense is vulnerable to a quick defense like the Mustangs have.

I get the impression that the Region III posters know the situation, but state-wide voting has bolstered Giddings over the season.

Just my two cents.

good thing its only two cents and that can't buy anything...think you might be a LITTLE off base though

I think it has more to do with people doubting our ability to compete without our apparent "one man show" good thing we get a chance to prove this to everyone...

GUNHO
11-21-2007, 01:05 PM

I noticed that to.Giddings being #1 should show somewhat of a lead.There are only about 4 or 5 posters from wos that I know.So I think it's that bulls eye thingy.

buff4ever
11-21-2007, 01:08 PM
I agree with the bulls eye thing. A little to do with brock being hurt and not 100%, who knows. Good to be an under dog.

LH Panther Mom
11-21-2007, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by GUNHO
I noticed that to.Giddings being #1 should show somewhat of a lead.There are only about 4 or 5 posters from wos that I know.So I think it's that bulls eye thingy.
The "bulls eye" had no bearing on my vote. :)

buff4life
11-21-2007, 01:16 PM
and then there are those that just don't want Giddings to win period...cough cough

GUNHO
11-21-2007, 01:24 PM
and then there are those that just don't want Giddings to win period...cough cough

Surley you are not suggesting there are Giddings haters in this thread.:eek:

Hupernikomen
11-21-2007, 01:28 PM

Probably a few factors. One of them being doubt among some who voted on Brock's status.

LHMom
11-21-2007, 01:32 PM
I can speak from experience it stinks to have (one of) your key player out in the playoffs.

Good luck to both teams! Maybe we'll see one of you on 12/15! :)

RattlerDude
11-21-2007, 01:59 PM
Most people, and by most I mean everyone except for about five people, think Giddings will get beat down by West-Orange Stark. Most people do need to remember though that Giddings was ranked #1 in the state for the entire season for a reason. Saying that, they were also ranked above West-Orange Stark for the entire season for many reasons as well. Everyone was sure that a powerful Caldwell team would stomp on Giddings, but what happened? Just think about it.

20FAN07
11-21-2007, 02:10 PM
Rankings mean absolutley nothing, unless you have someone that has seen all the games that are so called "top Teams"....which is unlikely. I'm not saying anything towards giddings because i know they have a good team.....so does WOS. Rankings and this poll for the game (which all of you know) is for amusement, yet i hope WOS does get the W. O and rattlerdude you can't compare ur team and ours, 2 total different teams in alot of aspects.

RattlerDude
11-21-2007, 02:18 PM
Rankings mean absolutley nothing, unless you have someone that has seen all the games that are so called "top Teams"....which is unlikely. I'm not saying anything towards giddings because i know they have a good team.....so does WOS. Rankings and this poll for the game (which all of you know) is for amusement, yet i hope WOS does get the W. O and rattlerdude you can't compare ur team and ours, 2 total different teams in alot of aspects.

O and 20FAN07, who is comparing the Rattlers to WOS. I didn't even mention the Rattlers in that post so chill out. What are you freaking out about?

20FAN07
11-21-2007, 02:43 PM
u had mentioned that "Everyone was sure that a powerful Caldwell team would stomp on Giddings, but what happened? Just think about it." Ur post made it evident to me that WOS is in the same situation. Obviously tryin to compare something

LH Panther Mom
11-21-2007, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by RattlerDude
Most people do need to remember though that Giddings was ranked #1 in the state for the entire season for a reason.
:thinking: :thinking: :thinking: I'm sure there is one.

Butkus
11-21-2007, 03:06 PM
Most people, and by most I mean everyone except for about five people, think Giddings will get beat down by West-Orange Stark

WOS 71
Giddings 35:thinking:

GUNHO
11-21-2007, 03:10 PM
Most people, and by most I mean everyone except for about five people, think Giddings will get beat down by West-Orange Stark. Most people do need to remember though that Giddings was ranked #1 in the state for the entire season for a reason. Saying that, they were also ranked above West-Orange Stark for the entire season for many reasons as well. Everyone was sure that a powerful Caldwell team would stomp on Giddings, but what happened? Just think about it.

I have.Still think wo-s can win.I think the beat down thing is what both defenses will do to the other.At least that's what it says on papper should happen.Either team can win this.So both will have to play well if they are going to win.A mistake here and there could be huge and decide the outcome.

buff4life
11-21-2007, 03:43 PM
u had mentioned that "Everyone was sure that a powerful Caldwell team would stomp on Giddings, but what happened? Just think about it." Ur post made it evident to me that WOS is in the same situation. Obviously tryin to compare something

then why did you say "ur team" when he said nothing about "his team" don't fault his own opinion...

setxsports
11-21-2007, 04:00 PM
My gut says WOS this year. Last year their Defense did the job just to many mistakes on Offense.

UnoCuatro
11-21-2007, 04:21 PM
Giddings was ranked #1[QUOTE]

where is WOS ranked now? I wouldn't put too much into that either. It all boils down to who's gonna showup on Friday.

WOS1
11-21-2007, 04:43 PM
WOS was ranked #7 in the final AP poll.

Rankings don't mean a thing, it's what you do on the field that matters. Rankings are just something for us to talk about. In 2000 we got spanked by an Ennis team that wasn't even in the top 25 to begin the season. If I remember correctly, when Atlanta won in 2003, they weren't ranked anywhere either. There are plenty of other stories like that, but those stick out. Right now it's about who makes the plays and who doesn't. That's why I love the playoffs... cold weather and a since of urgency every game.

UnoCuatro
11-21-2007, 04:51 PM
got that right! Good luck and hope everyone is healthy.

REMEMBER, IT'S NOT THE DOG IN THE FIGHT, IT'S THE FIGHT IN THE DOG.

I think Michael Vick coined that phrase lol

20FAN07
11-21-2007, 05:30 PM
then why did you say "ur team" when he said nothing about "his team" don't fault his own opinion...

1st he brought up caldwell not me
2nd dont speak of respecting others opinions becasue i do, you just need to worry bout yourself

buff4life
11-21-2007, 06:02 PM
1st he brought up caldwell not me
2nd dont speak of respecting others opinions becasue i do, you just need to worry bout yourself

he represents Navasota not Caldwell, therefore it wouldn't be his team...got to stick up for the weak and oppressed..

ditto to you sir ditto to you...

themsu97
11-21-2007, 06:08 PM
If I get back in time I will definitely go to the game and hope to get a chance to meet some of you guys but more importantly to see a great game played by two outstanding games... hope it lives up to the billing...

crazy
11-21-2007, 07:52 PM
WOS wasn't even picked by DCTF to win district. Kirbyville was. They weren't picked because they have so many young players on the team. No on expected them to be as advanced as they are. We as Mustangs fans certainly didn't expect them to achieve what they have so far. Whatever guru sits back in the early summer and flips a coin or tries to psychoanalyze teams without ever even seeing them is who is responsible for the rankings. Too much emphasis is placed on whose ranked above whom. I think we've played some difficult teams this year. Our area is tough. The only real measurement is kicking rear.

buff4ever
11-21-2007, 08:46 PM
buff4life, I think you are going to have to lay it all out for him, or here I will:

Caldwell HORNETS

Navasota RATTLERS

rattlerdude was speaking about people on this board wanting giddings to lose to a worthy opponent to knock us off the top. Here we are with a worth opponent again, and everyone wants the top team to get knocked off again. Like Gilmer last year and so on and so on.

Either way this game is going to be good, I hope the weather is cold w/o rain. Don't know if that will happen or not?

1st and goal
11-21-2007, 08:56 PM
Speaking of coin flip, how did this end up in Pearland?

What was wrong with Humble?

Did a coin flip determine Home team or visitors?

crazy
11-21-2007, 09:02 PM
WOS is home because Giddings was home last year. Don't know why Pearland was the favored choice.

LHPfactory
11-21-2007, 09:29 PM
Ive been reading through this post and folks are certainly down on Giddings.

-I was at the Giddings/WOS last year, and the WOS player instigated the ejection of the Buff player that took place.

-Defense won the game for Giddings.

-Giddings is not one dimensional, If Fitz is hurt, it may be to Giddings advantage this week (the change/adaptation will not be on film), could be a suprise.

- I am a Liberty Hill fan all the way (No bias here I promise)

Giddings wins with or with out #5.

setxsports
11-21-2007, 09:58 PM
Keep thinking that!

TexanFan4Life
11-21-2007, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by LHPfactory
-Giddings is not one dimensional, If Fitz is hurt, it may be to Giddings advantage this week (the change/adaptation will not be on film), could be a suprise.

How do you figure? Giddings is going to run straight Flex Bone all day long with Brock at QB or Locke at QB. I don't see your reasoning behind thinking what you think. Obviously, there will be a wrinkle thrown in here or there, but Giddings is going to rely heavily on Locke, Jenke and Taylor running the ball offensively.

buff4life
11-21-2007, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by LHPfactory
Ive been reading through this post and folks are certainly down on Giddings.

-I was at the Giddings/WOS last year, and the WOS player instigated the ejection of the Buff player that took place.

-Defense won the game for Giddings.

- I am a Liberty Hill fan all the way (No bias here I promise)

THANK YOU!!!! Your my new best friend for agreeing with me!!!