PDA

View Full Version : Caldwell Coaches are GREAT!

orangeblood
11-17-2007, 04:10 PM
I don't know what to say really, I know everyone is always giving the players praise and yes they deserve it. But how about alittle love for these coaches.... I have watched Caldwell football since 1994, And I know I have never saw the kinda coaching staff we have right now, Caldwell has had some good ones. But these coaches stand for so much more. I never recall Caldwell teams having the confidence to go for it on your on 30 something yard line like we do now especially in play-off games. In years past we would have punted it. Not these Coaches though. And whatever happens doesn't really matter because so much as already been accomplished to help build for the next years to come. I say Kudos to the Hornet coaching staff.

P.S. anybody comes on here and rags the post I'll let you know where you can meet me.....

CenTexSports
11-17-2007, 05:23 PM
You are WRONG.

ProudHornetMom
11-17-2007, 06:48 PM
Orangeblood is NOT wrong. The current coaching staff is the best we've had in the 20 something years we've been involved with Caldwell football. They brought their own experience and talent to the job, researched what would work best with the talent of kids and then consulted with other successful coaches. They didn't try to fit a circle in the square by being bull-heading in forcing a football philosophy at all costs just because it was the football scheme they were #$%^-bent on playing at all costs. We've been through that in the past and it didn't work. Caldwell has had some good coaches and some mediocre ones and some just plain awful ones. This group is solid.

The Hornet Coaching staff is intelligent in their approach to the program, hard-working, ethical (not calling out any other coaches) and know their stuff. They don't let their egos get the best of the situation. They are tough coaches who have extremely high expectations for the team and hold the players accountable for their part. It's not fluffy and cuddly and sometimes football mommies cringe but the kids don't. They know the coaches know what they are doing. The coaches don't play the crowds or kiss up to the powers to be, we've had that in the past as well. They are good football coaches doing a great job coaching.

The kudos aren't because we're winning, I've felt the same way since Coach Williams took over the program.

Sorry for the soapbox rant.

rockdale80
11-17-2007, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by orangeblood
I don't know what to say really, I know everyone is always giving the players praise and yes they deserve it. But how about alittle love for these coaches.... I have watched Caldwell football since 1994, And I know I have never saw the kinda coaching staff we have right now, Caldwell has had some good ones. But these coaches stand for so much more. I never recall Caldwell teams having the confidence to go for it on your on 30 something yard line like we do now especially in play-off games. In years past we would have punted it. Not these Coaches though. And whatever happens doesn't really matter because so much as already been accomplished to help build for the next years to come. I say Kudos to the Hornet coaching staff.

P.S. anybody comes on here and rags the post I'll let you know where you can meet me.....

ok....

Where....

:rolleyes:

zebrablue2
11-17-2007, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by ProudHornetMom
Orangeblood is NOT wrong. The current coaching staff is the best we've had in the 20 something years we've been involved with Caldwell football. They brought their own experience and talent to the job, researched what would work best with the talent of kids and then consulted with other successful coaches. They didn't try to fit a circle in the square by being bull-heading in forcing a football philosophy at all costs just because it was the football scheme they were #$%^-bent on playing at all costs. We've been through that in the past and it didn't work. Caldwell has had some good coaches and some mediocre ones and some just plain awful ones. This group is solid.

The Hornet Coaching staff is intelligent in their approach to the program, hard-working, ethical (not calling out any other coaches) and know their stuff. They don't let their egos get the best of the situation. They are tough coaches who have extremely high expectations for the team and hold the players accountable for their part. It's not fluffy and cuddly and sometimes football mommies cringe but the kids don't. They know the coaches know what they are doing. The coaches don't play the crowds or kiss up to the powers to be, we've had that in the past as well. They are good football coaches doing a great job coaching.

The kudos aren't because we're winning, I've felt the same way since Coach Williams took over the program.

Sorry for the soapbox rant.

I will not rag this staff. Question? Were they there last year when Bellville pulled off the 4th quarter victory to beat you all, and knocked caldwell out of the playoffs?

DU_stud04
11-17-2007, 07:05 PM
P.S. anybody comes on here and rags the post I'll let you know where you can meet me..... http://images.jupiterimages.com/common/detail/17/88/22768817.jpg

rockdale80
11-17-2007, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
http://images.jupiterimages.com/common/detail/17/88/22768817.jpg

Hey!

You wanna meet me somewhere?:mad:

DU_stud04
11-17-2007, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
Hey!

You wanna meet me somewhere?:mad: ill meet you at the bar, after some convincing, im sure either you or i can get orangeblood to pay

muahahaha :evil:

rockdale80
11-17-2007, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
ill meet you at the bar, after some convincing, im sure either you or i can get orangeblood to pay

muahahaha :evil:

Works for me.....:eek:

orangeblood
11-18-2007, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
I will not rag this staff. Question? Were they there last year when Bellville pulled off the 4th quarter victory to beat you all, and knocked caldwell out of the playoffs?

Yes, And that game has defined everything up to this point IMO.
Its where P.I.S.T was born.......... You can blame anyone on that loss, it was just a fluke IMO..... But the negative that everyone wants to talk about is the positive that has come from it that I'm impressed with.....

Old Tiger
11-18-2007, 03:16 PM
They are good but not great. The coaches are what cost Caldwell to lose to Giddings. Great coaches would have made last years Caldwell team better.

orangeblood
11-18-2007, 03:18 PM
ok....

Where....

:rolleyes:

Please, I don't have the time or patience to wait on somebody that wouldn't show up...... I said what I said in the P.S. because I figured somebody would try and tear that post apart, and it happened any way. It's all my opinion......:cool:

rockdale80
11-18-2007, 03:20 PM
Please, I don't have the time or patience to wait on somebody that wouldn't show up...... I said what I said in the P.S. because I figured somebody would try and tear that post apart, and it happened any way. It's all my opinion......:cool:

Yeah well. I didnt tear it apart, because I have no basis to disagree. I was just asking where:)

orangeblood
11-18-2007, 03:26 PM
Yeah well. I didnt tear it apart, because I have no basis to disagree. I was just asking where:)

Cool, Saturday at 3:00 pm in Humble, we will be tailgating love to have you come eat and drink with us....

rockdale80
11-18-2007, 03:30 PM
Cool, Saturday at 3:00 pm in Humble, we will be tailgating love to have you come eat and drink with us....

I dont know if I will be there early for the tailgating, but I will be around Houston for Thanksgiving weekend, and I may be able to make that. Will just have to see how the scheduling works out. That is all pending not getting tickets to watch ATM and UT of course.

orangeblood
11-18-2007, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
They are good but not great. The coaches are what cost Caldwell to lose to Giddings. Great coaches would have made last years Caldwell team better.

Last year is last year no Caldwell poster to my knowledge has ever come on here and talked about what ifs period we got beat plain as day. It was our Coaches first year we led 3a in team rushing last year ( I think ) So they did a good job IMO.... And as far as the game against Gidding wasn't all coaching 50/50 maybe, Our team just didn't execute period IMO....

Old Tiger
11-18-2007, 03:32 PM
Last year is last year no Caldwell poster to my knowledge has ever come on here and talked about what ifs period we got beat plain as day. It was our Coaches first year we led 3a in team rushing last year ( I think ) So they did a good job IMO.... And as far as the game against Gidding wasn't all coaching 50/50 maybe, Our team just didn't execute period IMO.... Players do what coaches say. They ran 3 sweeps to the short side of the field inside the 5 yard line. Why not get a little creativity down there and hit the playaction.

orangeblood
11-18-2007, 03:33 PM
I dont know if I will be there early for the tailgating, but I will be around Houston for Thanksgiving weekend, and I may be able to make that. Will just have to see how the scheduling works out. That is all pending not getting tickets to watch ATM and UT of course.

Remember we play Saturday. Texas plays Friday so maybe either way you can get there should be a good game...

rockdale80
11-18-2007, 03:35 PM
Last year is last year no Caldwell poster to my knowledge has ever come on here and talked about what ifs period we got beat plain as day. It was our Coaches first year we led 3a in team rushing last year ( I think ) So they did a good job IMO.... And as far as the game against Gidding wasn't all coaching 50/50 maybe, Our team just didn't execute period IMO....

Apart from the Giddings game(I wasnt there), I agree 100%. Caldwell has come a very long way since I played against you guys. These new coaches have instilled pride and class. Something I think you guys lacked in the late 90's. I hated playing you guys because of all the cheap shots, and flagrant attempts to hurt people. Good job guys and good luck the rest of the season.

rockdale80
11-18-2007, 03:36 PM
Remember we play Saturday. Texas plays Friday so maybe either way you can get there should be a good game...

AH. I was confused. I thought you guys played friday. Well if it is Saturday, then it is even more of a probability.

orangeblood
11-18-2007, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Players do what coaches say. They ran 3 sweeps to the short side of the field inside the 5 yard line. Why not get a little creativity down there and hit the playaction.

I'll agree.........with the play action......

zebrablue2
11-18-2007, 04:23 PM
Yes, And that game has defined everything up to this point IMO.
Its where P.I.S.T was born.......... You can blame anyone on that loss, it was just a fluke IMO..... But the negative that everyone wants to talk about is the positive that has come from it that I'm impressed with.....

thanks for your answer, and I agree with you 100%. I also believe it made the hornets a stronger team for this years playoff run. good luck to caldwell next week. keep up the good work.

LoveTheHornets
11-18-2007, 07:53 PM
As far as the Giddings game goes, if you talk to our coaches, they will admit that they were out-coached. They recognize that and will not let it happen again. Not to whine about the Giddings game, but Giddings trotted out a new defense that they had not seen before, weren't prepared for, and didn't realize until it was too late. They are a great bunch of guys who work hard and care about the boys.

A team can have all the talent in the world, but if the boys don't respect the coaching staff, then they will not be successful.

hutex04
11-18-2007, 08:24 PM
I think Hutto needs a new coaching staff. We have had the same head coach for 10 years now and still havent won 1 district championship. His 10 yrs go like this
4-6
4-6
6-5
6-5
1-9
6-4
6-4
13-3
7-3
4-5
I think Hutto with the fan support and nice facilities deserves better. I know this year we have had alot of injuries but what about those 6-4 seasons or 1-9 season.

Daddy D 11
11-18-2007, 08:31 PM
i agree with your post hutex..

and that 13-3 season was acheived because Kerley went off in the playoffs lol

unreal
11-18-2007, 08:33 PM
just in the time from the end of the season to now he has made tons of people mad.

whether is is telling several current junior kids to not even bother trying out next year because they will never see the field to alienating at least five starters to the point of them already saying they will sit out or transfer next year he has lost the respect of the team.

if it weren't for jeremy kerley hutto would have never had more than six wins in the past ten years.

hutex04
11-18-2007, 08:34 PM
Actually I think they team together played tremendous the 13-3 year. I think the coaching was good too that year. But other than that Hutto has had all the things you need to be successful, we just need a proven 3a coach or 2a coach to take over. Lets take Liberty Hills coach since we will be 4a next year haha j/p :D

HippoBaseball05
11-18-2007, 08:38 PM
The state runner-up team was a result of a once in a generation offensive line.

Yeah Jeremy was the leader of the running attack, but we had two other good running backs and a fullback that was on a mission.

This season we were just bitten hard by the injury bug at the worst times.

hutex04
11-18-2007, 08:41 PM
Its not just this year tho, Hutto always has these kind of years with Penland. We have had so much talent in the past. When we had Philip Graves, which was the best 2a running back that year all we could manage was a 6-5 record. After 10 years i think its a great time to start with a new coach with fresh ideas. I think coach Penland has done a good job for Hutto his 10 yrs but i dont see us EVER being a power house with him as coach

Old Tiger
11-19-2007, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by HippoBaseball05
The state runner-up team was a result of a once in a generation offensive line.

word...that was the biggest offensive line i ever played against. That includes a state finalist Marlin team.