PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Hill vs Carthage

mistanice
11-17-2007, 04:05 PM
I wish I could attend this game. Carthage has a lot of depth, I don't remember seeing any players playing both ways.

Good luck!

LH Panther Mom
11-17-2007, 04:15 PM
Sounds like us with the depth - no two-way starters, either.

IHStangFan
11-17-2007, 04:15 PM
this ought to be a decent game!! I may have to listen in on this one!! Good luck to both teams!

HEMOTOXIC
11-17-2007, 04:35 PM
Yes, Should be an excellent matchup. Good luck to both schools!

JT44
11-17-2007, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Sounds like us with the depth - no two-way starters, either.

Is lattimore still running the ball like he did in the cuero game? filling in for troxell.

LH Panther Mom
11-17-2007, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by JT44
Is lattimore still running the ball like he did in the cuero game? filling in for troxell.
He was through the end of district. Troxell actually played for a little while against Cameron, but got took a foot to the area of his leg that was broken.

Gavin & Lattimore had been splitting time for the most part...and had been playing both ways a LOT. With the two-platooning we do in practice starting with the playoffs, it was decided to keep Gavin in for Troxell and Lattimore on D. Worked well last night - Gavin had over 100 yds.

mistanice
11-17-2007, 05:13 PM
Liberty Hill Panthers
Aug 31...Waco Connally, W 33-13
Sep 07...@ Burnet, W 34-17
Sep 14...@ Gatesville, W 70-7
Sep 21...Cuero, W 49-35
Sep 28...Wimberley, W 35-10
Oct 05...OPEN
Oct 12...Rockdale*, W 37-25
Oct 19...OPEN
Oct 26...@ Hutto*, W 52-7
Nov 02...Taylor*, W 52-7
Nov 09...@ Cameron Yoe*, W 63-14

Bi-District
Liberty Hill 42 Robinson 14

Carthage Bulldogs
Aug 31...Henderson, L 7-10
Sep 07...@ Kirbyville, L 26-27
Sep 14...OPEN
Sep 21...Pittsburg, W 45-21
Sep 28...@ Newton, W 43-36
Oct 05...Mt Pleasant, W 21-17
Oct 12...@ Center*, W 34-8
Oct 19...Rusk*, W 50-0
Oct 26...@ Crockett*, W 44-21
Nov 02...Huntington*, W 55-6
Nov 09...@ Diboll*, W 56-36

Bi-District
Carthage 55 Mexia 7

JT44
11-17-2007, 05:18 PM
He was through the end of district. Troxell actually played for a little while against Cameron, but got took a foot to the area of his leg that was broken.

Gavin & Lattimore had been splitting time for the most part...and had been playing both ways a LOT. With the two-platooning we do in practice starting with the playoffs, it was decided to keep Gavin in for Troxell and Lattimore on D. Worked well last night - Gavin had over 100 yds.

I might be able to get a hundred yards behind those lineman.
:clap:

PHS Wildcats
11-17-2007, 07:12 PM
Where is this game being played?

duckpluck
11-17-2007, 07:22 PM
Mesquite

Rattlesnake_08
11-17-2007, 07:51 PM
I would have said Liberty Hill to win this match-up assuredly, but that's before I saw what Carthage did to Diboll. I don't know now. It'll be an excellant match-up.

duckpluck
11-17-2007, 08:23 PM
Ok - maybe more than a little..............

QB Si`Darius Blackshire, passed for 2253 yds and 27 TD
Broke school records for both yards and TD
Also holds school record 353 yds passing in one game
61% completions

TB Gary Tatum – missed first 7 games due to knee injury but has averaged 8.5 YPC since and over 100 yards per start. First team All District in 2006

Jarvin Robinson played TB in Tatums absence and averaged almost 6 ypc also plays WR.

receivers Tavares Allison, Kendrick Jackson, Richard Lyles,

Rodney Chadwick, LB, 6-1, 195, 4.5 VERY VERY GOOD. Has several colleges looking his way. Honorable metional All State.

OL - Alan Brown - 6-4 315lbs. - Several D1 schools interested.

Several other returning All District OL and defensive players.

The passing could be trouble for the LH defense. They qualified in and played in the State 7 on 7 State Championships and played against the big boys 4A and 5A teams beating several 5A teams along the way.

First year Head Coach Surratt was OC at Texarkana.

Thoughts on the Panthers against a very good passing attack?

Panther One
11-17-2007, 08:39 PM
Did you see what happened to Diboll last night?

Emerson1
11-17-2007, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by duckpluck
Mesquite
Time?

Matthew328
11-17-2007, 08:53 PM
Time, Date and site??

j_dog
11-17-2007, 08:55 PM
Carthage should present a bit of a challenge for LH. I hear some of their players have some speed.

Panther One
11-17-2007, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by j_dog
Carthage should present a bit of a challenge for LH. I hear some of their players have some speed.
Hmm....Where have I heard this before?

j_dog
11-17-2007, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Panther One
Hmm....Where have I heard this before?
well, actually, i heard that ALL their players are fast. Source, a KV fan who said Carthage was the fastest team KV has played this year. And KV has played WOS ...... Also, Carthage did a number on a very good Newton team.

no joking now. ;)

That does not mean that they are unbeatable by any means. Just means they will put up a good fight. Good luck LH. :)

LH Panther Mom
11-17-2007, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Time, Date and site??
7:30, 11/23, Hanby Stadium

Matthew328
11-17-2007, 09:39 PM
Hanby is a great stadium

JJ7997
11-17-2007, 09:50 PM
LH takes it 42- 20

mistanice
11-17-2007, 09:53 PM
Carthage could easily be undefeated.

They've lost 2 games. One by 1 point, and the other by 3.

Matthew328
11-17-2007, 09:54 PM
Carthage is going to have to be very disciplined to even have a shot at slowing down Liberty Hill

pirate4state
11-17-2007, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Hanby is a great stadium

Is this in Mesquite?

LH Panther Mom
11-17-2007, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Is this in Mesquite?
Yes :)

crabman
11-17-2007, 09:58 PM
Speed can get to LH. Cuero hung 35 on them and the only time we were stopped was when we fumbled twice. The problem was that we could not stop LH. They were on that night and had one fumble and no interceptions. LH ran 73 plays and every one of them was for positive yardage. Huge line surge. Our guys go both ways a lot and it was just too much for us to take. If LH plays a really fast two-platoon team that can pass, they can be beat. You'd better not fumble and you'd better not throw any INT's.

Panther One
11-17-2007, 10:00 PM
well, actually, i heard that ALL their players are fast. Source, a KV fan who said Carthage was the fastest team KV has played this year. And KV has played WOS ...... Also, Carthage did a number on a very good Newton team.

no joking now. ;)

That does not mean that they are unbeatable by any means. Just means they will put up a good fight. Good luck LH. :)
Good. Then they'll just go the wrong way a little faster. But honestly, we heard this same thing before the Crockett game last year and, yes, they were extremely athletic and very fast, but what did that do for them? Why do people always think that speed is going to be such a problem for us? Have we not proven repeatedly that we can handle it? We're not a slow lumbering football team. We may not have any individual burners, but in overall team speed, we're just fine. Our defense pursues as well as any team you'll see and you'll have a hard time finding a team that hits harder.

If it were track, I'd go with Carthage, but since this is football, I'll stick with my Panthers.

Emerson1
11-17-2007, 10:05 PM
Ah, gonna be out of town or I would go

mistanice
11-17-2007, 10:09 PM
Comon LH fans, you have to be a little nervous right? it's only natural, it's the playoffs and anything can happen.

lostaussie
11-17-2007, 10:13 PM
I think in the end LH wins this one, because i don't think they will underestimate Carthage. but if they do, this could be one that sneeks up on them. unfortunately, you only get one sneek per playoff year.

Panther One
11-17-2007, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by crabman
Speed can get to LH. Cuero hung 35 on them and the only time we were stopped was when we fumbled twice. The problem was that we could not stop LH. They were on that night and had one fumble and no interceptions. LH ran 73 plays and every one of them was for positive yardage. Huge line surge. Our guys go both ways a lot and it was just too much for us to take. If LH plays a really fast two-platoon team that can pass, they can be beat. You'd better not fumble and you'd better not throw any INT's.
Actually, we forced you to punt twice, also, and your defense scored one of the tds. Cuero's gameplan had as much to do with the quick scores as their speed. You guys ran stuff that we had never seen from you and we got caught out of position. Your offense this year against us was a little different than they year before. But you made a good point, in facing us for the third year in a row, Cuero couldn't stop our offense even when they were fresh (no punts). Carthage will be facing us for the first time. Will they be up to the challenge of stopping us?

lostaussie
11-17-2007, 10:17 PM

61% completions

TB Gary Tatum – missed first 7 games due to knee injury but has averaged 8.5 YPC since and over 100 yards per start. First team All District in 2006

Jarvin Robinson played TB in Tatums absence and averaged almost 6 ypc also plays WR.

Rodney Chadwick, LB, 6-1, 195, 4.5 VERY VERY GOOD. Has several colleges looking his way. Honorable metional All State.

The passing could be trouble for the LH defense. They qualified in and played in the State 7 on 7 State Championships and played against the big boys 4A and 5A teams beating several 5A teams along the way.

Thoughts on the Panthers against a very good passing attack? LH's defense was tough when i saw them last year against Celina. I think they can get some stops. I believe the real question of the game, will be if Carthage can stop the so-called 3 headed monster. because when i last saw it run, it was pretty amazing.

crabman
11-17-2007, 10:22 PM
Actually, I went back and looked. We punted once at the very end of the game. The one touchdown that our defense scored was on the takeaway that went in the books as a fumble. LH turned our two fumbles into TD's. We turned LH's one fumble into a TD. That is a one TD advantage. We punted once. That gave LH one more possession. Two TD advantage.

LH Panther Mom
11-17-2007, 10:36 PM

61% completions

Thoughts on the Panthers against a very good passing attack?

Sounds like the secondary will have their work cut out for them. A few weeks ago, I had read some information on Blackshire & he sounds very good!

Turner is going to need to knock the ball down instead of tipping it up, like last night. He's definitely covering better the last few games with the experience. He, Cole, Hanson & Ott might not be the fastest in the state, but they're definitely not slow. Of course, the way the LB's & DE's have been punishing QB's the last few games will help.

Thanks for the good info, duckpluck!

Panther One
11-17-2007, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by mistanice
Comon LH fans, you have to be a little nervous right? it's only natural, it's the playoffs and anything can happen.
I usually don't get nervous until just prior to kickoff, but that's something that hasn't changed since I played. I have a lot of confidence in our coaches and players. I think we are capable of beating any 3A team in the state. We're not unbeatable, but I really don't worry much about losing. If it happens it happens, and you just have to tip your cap to whoever does it.

SNYDER325TIGERS
11-17-2007, 10:47 PM
I hope Carthage beats dem panthers!!!

LH Panther Mom
11-17-2007, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by SNYDER325TIGERS
I hope Carthage beats dem panthers!!!
Good! I would expect nothing less...glad you didn't disappoint. :)

j_dog
11-17-2007, 10:53 PM
..... Why do people always think that speed is going to be such a problem for us? Have we not proven repeatedly that we can handle it? We're not a slow lumbering football team. We may not have any individual burners, but in overall team speed, we're just fine. Our defense pursues as well as any team you'll see and you'll have a hard time finding a team that hits harder.
Indeed, LH has a very good program, and a VERY GOOD TEAM. But I do remember one little team that gave LH a bit of trouble with their speed. ;) But that is ancient history. :)

SNYDER325TIGERS
11-17-2007, 10:57 PM
Good! I would expect nothing less...glad you didn't disappoint. :)

Id just like to see somthing good to happen for the Bulldogs

Panther One
11-17-2007, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by crabman
Actually, I went back and looked. We punted once at the very end of the game. The one touchdown that our defense scored was on the takeaway that went in the books as a fumble. LH turned our two fumbles into TD's. We turned LH's one fumble into a TD. That is a one TD advantage. We punted once. That gave LH one more possession. Two TD advantage.
Check again...you punted just before halftime and you punted again in the third quarter which allowed us to build the 14 point lead (42-28). Cuero then cut it to seven (42-35), only to have us bump it back up to 14 (49-35). Then you had your second fumble of the game, which gave us the ball back to run out the clock. If you don't believe me, check the archive...

http://kmacsports.ezstream.com/play/index.cfm?fuseaction=playemb&id=DB241827F

Panther One
11-17-2007, 11:05 PM
Indeed, LH has a very good program, and a VERY GOOD TEAM. But I do remember one little team that gave LH a bit of trouble with their speed. ;) But that is ancient history. :)
If you're refering to 2004, you are correct. That was the first time we had ever seen speed like that. It took us a half just to get our pursuit angles adjusted. But we came inches away from scoring the potential tying td as time expired. But that defense compared to the one we have now is like night and day.

LH Panther Mom
11-17-2007, 11:09 PM
But that defense compared to the one we have now is like night and day.
Most definitely!!!!

Runnin Panther
11-18-2007, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by mistanice

Nervous? Hell yes I get nervous, but I’m nervous before any playoff game. One bad game and your history.

I have to say that if we are beatable it sounds like Carthage has the weapons that hurt us the most, passing and break away speed.

LH may not have barnburner break away speed but they are as quick as the come, offense and defense. Give them a seam and it’s over. The way I see it, is the offense will move the ball, the only thing that can stop our running game is ourselves, i.e. penalties or fumbles. The question is, can we stop their passing game? The secondary continues to get better every week, this will be a good test for them. We are extremely good against the run and we will put plenty of pressure on the QB. I think if we get two or three stops we should win the game.

I definitely have faith in my Panthers, they are tough, smart and extremely disciplined. I think they will do whatever it takes to get the job done.

LH by 14

Old Green
11-18-2007, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
LH's defense was tough when i saw them last year against Celina. I think they can get some stops. I believe the real question of the game, will be if Carthage can stop the so-called 3 headed monster. because when i last saw it run, it was pretty amazing. I agree with you. LH defense is a lot better than last year.
Cathage has not seen an offense like the Panthers run. They'll pound the Carthage defense up the middle, then bounce it to the outside next play. Thing I noticed, is the Panthers can pass when you least expect it. A lot of teams forget that LH is effective passing this year.;)

j_dog
11-18-2007, 03:14 PM
If you're refering to 2004, you are correct. That was the first time we had ever seen speed like that. It took us a half just to get our pursuit angles adjusted. But we came inches away from scoring the potential tying td as time expired. But that defense compared to the one we have now is like night and day.
True. I really respect the LH program. At the time, I did not realize what a big deal it was to win that game. Your program has indeed proven itself, and probably many try to copy your program. I wish you the best of luck this week.