PDA

View Full Version : Wylie vs Burkburnett

garciap77
11-17-2007, 11:54 AM
Close one! Wylie by 7!

Cameron Crazy
11-17-2007, 12:03 PM
After watching Wylie last night, I think they will not have any comptetion till the 3rd round.

I do not think Burk will be able to stop the run and then they will dump the pass on them.

But I was wrong about the Canyon game, I thought Canyon would have been able to pass all over them.

Guess I was wrong.

Should be a good one.

Where is this one going to be played at?

garciap77
11-17-2007, 12:11 PM
Birdville Friday 7:30! Good luck Graham!

garciap77
11-17-2007, 12:13 PM
I though Canyon would win too, but in the playoff you never know what is going to happen!

Cameron Crazy
11-17-2007, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Birdville Friday 7:30! Good luck Graham! Thanks for the goodluck!

How did you like the look of our new field?

garciap77
11-17-2007, 12:22 PM
Great! We played there four times this season. Do not like playing there because we do not have a good winning record there!

twoheadeddragon
11-17-2007, 12:50 PM
I was very impressed on how Wylie played last night. Their "D" is very quick and sufficating. Their Offense is powerful as well. #33 can run very well. I say Wylie by 14.

lion75
11-17-2007, 12:56 PM
Wylie should be favored but I don't think by much. Burk is a tough out. They are in a similar talent level with Vernon, Graham, and Wylie. Wylie's edge is in playoff experience (coaching)

lion75
11-17-2007, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
Thanks for the goodluck!

How did you like the look of our new field? I dig that field. Vernon is usually a speed (turf) team and we appreciate you guys building that for us. Now we get to play on it every other year.

Sweetwater Red
11-17-2007, 01:07 PM
Hmmmmm:thinking:

Good luck Wylie against Royse City in the semi-finals.:eek:

thewyliefan
11-17-2007, 01:14 PM
i would like to see that. lets say they do play each other, hopefully itll be more fun of a game to watch than the last time they met

VWG
11-17-2007, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by lion75
I dig that field. Vernon is usually a speed (turf) team and we appreciate you guys building that for us. Now we get to play on it every other year.

Watch out what you wish for. Vernon sub-varsity teams were well below Vernon standards. Not saying that will translate into Wins/Losses at the Varsity level, but it sure doesn't hurt having good Fish/JV teams. They feed the program.
Burk's freshman group is a solid bunch, along with their 8th grade group. IP has some really talented freshman as well. Vernon on the other hand, wow, that freshman group is really below Vernon standards.

VWG
11-17-2007, 02:49 PM
Oh yeah, this is a Wylie - Burk thread!
I think this will be a good test for both teams. Just because Wylie pounded Decatur doesn't mean it will happen next week. Burk is a good running team, and have some good size on the lines that will match up well with Wylie. Rodgers for Wylie is a good, tough RB.... but the job that Gould and Barnes do for Burk is outstanding as well. Both have played tough schedules.
On paper, you gotta give Wylie the edge just due to their playoff experience and Sandifer will throw multiple looks at his opponent. Burk makes their living off of sweep play, dive play, and that's about it. If Wylie can contain on the edges they will force Burk to put it in the air. Beach, Burk QB, has a decent arm but it isn't his strength.

garciap77
11-17-2007, 03:00 PM
Wylie will not take any team lightly! They know what happens in the playsoff when teams do that. I remember the year Vernon beat us in the playoffs. I think Vernon had a 6-4 record that year!

Johnny Moxen
11-18-2007, 05:53 PM
I pick the Bulldogs in this one.

Seriously though, if Wylie can play with the same level of intensity and execution.... Wylie by 10. So far this year they've done well stopping the run. And the multiple offense they run has created opportunities for scores.

I've heard Burk runs the ball (alot) dives, sweeps, etc. But what about their defense?

Dominicfrank
11-18-2007, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Wylie will not take any team lightly! They know what happens in the playsoff when teams do that. I remember the year Vernon beat us in the playoffs. I think Vernon had a 6-4 record that year!

not trying to be a punk but Vernon stomped Wylie in the snow one year and we werent 6-4. That year we had Chedrick Ricks and he ran for over 300 yards that game. Must have been another loss to Vernon you are thinking about. I can only think of three meetings, Vernon losing the other two- one wasnt too close, and the other went down to the wire with Vernon on top the whole game and then the fantom flag against Ed Cherry on 4th down to keep Wylie's drive alive and game winning TD. Sorry that one haunts my dreams, one of the worst things I have ever seen at a HS game. unreal.

garciap77
11-18-2007, 08:05 PM
It was in weatherford in the first round!

sweetwater07
11-18-2007, 08:38 PM
where is this game?

Johnny Moxen
11-18-2007, 10:35 PM
7:30 P.M. Friday night at Birdville Stadium

Texasfootball2
11-19-2007, 09:34 AM
All I know is that if Wylie plays anywhere near the same level they played on Friday against Decatur. Well:thinking: :doh: Wheres the wood shed:D

But having said that. Congrats to Burk. I didn't think they could beat Canyon. Burk has played a good schedule and at this point in the season nothing is easy. If your still playing, your doing something right. Wylie is hitting on all cylinders right now and Burk will probably have to bring their A+ game to have a chance. Should be fun, and the weather is going to be in the low 40's by kickoff.

Adidas410s
11-19-2007, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by Dominicfrank
not trying to be a punk but Vernon stomped Wylie in the snow one year and we werent 6-4. That year we had Chedrick Ricks and he ran for over 300 yards that game. Must have been another loss to Vernon you are thinking about. I can only think of three meetings, Vernon losing the other two- one wasnt too close, and the other went down to the wire with Vernon on top the whole game and then the fantom flag against Ed Cherry on 4th down to keep Wylie's drive alive and game winning TD. Sorry that one haunts my dreams, one of the worst things I have ever seen at a HS game. unreal.
He's referring to the 2001 game in Weatherford. Wylie was 10-0, #3 in the state (behind Everman and Forney) but played horribly and lost 38-14 to Vernon. The Lions then beat Aledo before losing to Perryton in the regional finals. Everman won the state championship that year.

Texasfootball2
11-19-2007, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
He's referring to the 2001 game in Weatherford. Wylie was 10-0, #3 in the state (behind Everman and Forney) but played horribly and lost 38-14 to Vernon. The Lions then beat Aledo before losing to Perryton in the regional finals. Everman won the state championship that year.

Water under the Bridge!

This is 2007, some of the kids you guys are talking about have children of their own:thinking:

BMOC
11-19-2007, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
All I know is that if Wylie plays anywhere near the same level they played on Friday against Decatur. Well:thinking: :doh: Wheres the wood shed:D

Agreed!!:clap:

nobogey72
11-19-2007, 10:31 AM
Water under the Bridge!

This is 2007, some of the kids you guys are talking about have children of their own:thinking:

Some of them had children back them.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Tromboneking
11-19-2007, 11:33 AM
Wylie 35
Burk 14

Texasfootball2
11-19-2007, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Tromboneking
Wylie 35
Burk 14

I'm assuming that you've seen both teams in person and you've seen Wylie twice.:D

RedWhiteBlue
11-19-2007, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Tromboneking
Wylie 35
Burk 14
As bad as I hate to go against a team in our own district and would love an upset- I have to go with ya Horn man!!!

Texasfootball2
11-19-2007, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue
As bad as I hate to go against a team in our own district and would love an upset- I have to go with ya Horn man!!! :thumbsup: :clap: :cheerl: :D

In know this was hard to do.

RedWhiteBlue
11-19-2007, 12:52 PM
:thumbsup: :clap: :cheerl: :D

In know this was hard to do.
I don't think I will be able to eat my lunch!!!! My stomach hurts....

sweetwater07
11-19-2007, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Moxen
7:30 P.M. Friday night at Birdville Stadium

this game sure is a long way for Wylie fans to travel

we traveled close to the same distance back in 05 for the semi's

and this is just 2nd round:eek: :eek:

lakers
11-19-2007, 05:10 PM
wylie by 21. shouldnt even be close

michaelp23
11-19-2007, 10:47 PM
The Wylie D looked real good Friday. I think they'll be ready for the run attack. Aggressive play and penetration through the line of scrimmage will shut that down. Burk had better figure out where Jesse Jennings is and keep a hat on him. Also, if Wylie can get ahead early, it will be hard for Burk's run happy offense to play catch up. If Wylie continues the play of the last several weeks, they should win by 2 or 3 touchdowns. They look like they're starting to peak at just the right time. :)

thewyliefan
11-19-2007, 11:15 PM
i was so glad that jesse was on my team and i didnt have to attempt to block him. hes already just as good if not better than both his brothers when they played and hes just a junior.

buff4ever
11-20-2007, 03:07 PM
This one will be close like the poll, except BurkBurnett will take it. Just kidding I have no idea about either team, just posting to have fun with you guys.

Sweetwater Red
11-20-2007, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
This one will be close like the poll, except BurkBurnett will take it. Just kidding I have no idea about either team, just posting to have fun with you guys.

Actually the poll is beginning to look like what I think the final
score will be.:D

bigron15
11-20-2007, 03:32 PM
wylie is hot right now...got my money on them

michaelp23
11-21-2007, 10:23 PM
Where are all the Burk fans? Doesn't anyone from there think they have a shot Friday? Somebody represent.:(