PDA

View Full Version : Caldwell and Columbus

orangeblood
11-17-2007, 11:48 AM
I must say Columbus was huge upfront Defensively and Offensively, #23 and Applet kid IMO were the best players, both very fast. At the end Of the 1st half Columbus drove to and scored a TD with 30 seconds left, We took over on about the 26 yard line and scored to take the lead back @ 25-24, I thought that was our most impressive drive of the year to go 74 yards in 30 seconds shows alot about our will and the old slot T offense...
But Columbus was a very good Football team. They were better than what I thought. Good job HORNETS way to battle.....

What's up...... Giddings Caldwell & Navasota all BI-DISTRICT CHAMPIONS, And they said it couldn't happen.......

LoveTheHornets
11-17-2007, 12:33 PM
I agree. That game was a whole lot closer than I thought/wanted it to be! We need to be ready for next week . . . at least there's not much school to get in the way of practice!:D

BrahmaMom
11-17-2007, 12:45 PM
Congrats to the Hornets! Keep it going!

Bull's-eye
11-17-2007, 03:02 PM
Congratulations Hornets, hopefully I will get to watch the next game. Good luck in the playoffs!

scotty
11-17-2007, 03:23 PM
what was the final score?

CHS_Grad '85
11-17-2007, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by scotty
what was the final score? Caldwell 42-Columbus 31

CowboyBillWatts
11-18-2007, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by LoveTheHornets
I agree. That game was a whole lot closer than I thought/wanted it to be! We need to be ready for next week . . . at least there's not much school to get in the way of practice!:D

Hey I saw the Sims RB #23 or maybe he's #22 got hurt and didn't play after that. I saw them tape his left ankle up but he never went back in. He's a beast when he's healthy. What's his status for this week? I saw Kirbyville's #20 got hurt in their game also. He didn't play the second half.

orangeblood
11-18-2007, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by CowboyBillWatts
Hey I saw the Sims RB #23 or maybe he's #22 got hurt and didn't play after that. I saw them tape his left ankle up but he never went back in. He's a beast when he's healthy. What's his status for this week? I saw Kirbyville's #20 got hurt in their game also. He didn't play the second half.

Turf toe, should be ready...

TexanFan4Life
11-19-2007, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by orangeblood
I must say Columbus was huge upfront Defensively and Offensively, #23 and Applet kid IMO were the best players, both very fast. At the end Of the 1st half Columbus drove to and scored a TD with 30 seconds left, We took over on about the 26 yard line and scored to take the lead back @ 25-24, I thought that was our most impressive drive of the year to go 74 yards in 30 seconds shows alot about our will and the old slot T offense...
But Columbus was a very good Football team. They were better than what I thought. Good job HORNETS way to battle.....

What's up...... Giddings Caldwell & Navasota all BI-DISTRICT CHAMPIONS, And they said it couldn't happen.......

That #23 kid you refer to is Curtis Carter, one of the best 3A Running Backs in the state of Texas.

buff4life
11-19-2007, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by TexanFan4Life
That #23 kid you refer to is Curtis Carter, one of the best 3A Running Backs in the state of Texas.

there seem to be a lot of those...:D jk bud

TexanFan4Life
11-19-2007, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by buff4life
there seem to be a lot of those...:D jk bud

haha yeah, well there are Garrette Nunn and Dexter Pratt as well. Just two area guys I can think of.

buff4life
11-19-2007, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by TexanFan4Life
haha yeah, well there are Garrette Nunn and Dexter Pratt as well. Just two area guys I can think of.

i wasn't just saying that to you...everything seems to bring someone up that is "the best back in 3A"

the fact is there are many, many quality backs and you can't just pin it down to one...

i watched the Columbus game and while he was solid, i would be Canto over Carter

TexanFan4Life
11-19-2007, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by buff4life
i wasn't just saying that to you...everything seems to bring someone up that is "the best back in 3A"

the fact is there are many, many quality backs and you can't just pin it down to one...

i watched the Columbus game and while he was solid, i would be Canto over Carter

Really? I haven't seen Caldwell this year. Maybe I'll go check them out if they make it to the 3rd Round. I'm going to watch the Katy Tigers play at Rhodes on Saturday. I'm expecting them to beat Madison handily, but I just want to see Aundre Dean before he goes off to UCLA.

CowboyBillWatts
11-19-2007, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by CowboyBillWatts

I assume you are talking about the Sims kid at Caldwell. He didn't play the rest of the game because of turf toe? Ouch! I've always heard about turf toe on TV. That must really hurt.

What about the Kirbyville #20? Anyone know about him?