PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Celina!?!

kepdawg
11-17-2007, 12:59 AM
Only beat Emory Rains 48-6!?! :thinking:

Royce City beat them 71-14!?! :eek:

Note: I have no affiliation with Royse City. I just like stirring the pot. :D

charlesrixey
11-17-2007, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by kepdawg

LOL!

BILLYFRED0000
11-17-2007, 01:23 AM
Nothin too serious. Just called the dogs off early. No need getting people hurt in a game thats over. Still hopin to play 5 more.

kepdawg
11-17-2007, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
Nothin too serious. Just called the dogs off early. No need getting people hurt in a game thats over. Still hopin to play 5 more.

Okay! Just wanted to make sure everything was still all right in the land of bright orange! ;)

BILLYFRED0000
11-17-2007, 01:29 AM
Okay! Just wanted to make sure everything was still all right in the land of bright orange! ;)

Yes the last big thing we did was run the two minute offense. bout 1:20 left got the ball on the twenty. Four plays 40 seconds no time outs used and a score. Most of the second half was boring. 34 - 0 at the half and the O started one series and the d started one series then subs started in the second half.

GWOOD
11-17-2007, 01:30 AM

Excuses, excuses.

Come on now. I know Kepdawg is just messin' with you but are you telling us "score comparisons" only work when it's in your favor?

kepdawg
11-17-2007, 01:32 AM
Yes the last big thing we did was run the two minute offense. bout 1:20 left got the ball on the twenty. Four plays 40 seconds no time outs used and a score. Most of the second half was boring. 34 - 0 at the half and the O started one series and the d started one series then subs started in the second half.

Only 34-0 at the half? You sure everything's all right? ;)

pirate4state
11-17-2007, 01:38 AM
Only 34-0 at the half? You sure everything's all right? ;)

Yeah, Cuero was up 35-0 in the 1st qtr!!! c'mon! :p

GWOOD
11-17-2007, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state

There's cracks in the foundation, I tell you. There are cracks in the foundation.

BILLYFRED0000
11-17-2007, 01:53 AM

Can't help it if Cuero's competition sucks.
:D

BILLYFRED0000
11-17-2007, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by GWOOD
Excuses, excuses.

Come on now. I know Kepdawg is just messin' with you but are you telling us "score comparisons" only work when it's in your favor?

No there are other factors involved between teams like RC and Celina that differentiate points comparison. Style of play is the big one. We run the ball and play ball control vs RC and the spread. Style of play will dictate to a certain extent the amount of spread expected. When comparing two spread teams such as Wakeland vs RC then you can look at apples to apples assuming both throw and run similarly. Celina plays D stout and controls the tempo with the O. In the first half Rains never crossed the 50 and had less than 60 yards offense. We scored 34 and ran up a couple of hundred yards mostly running the ball. Point spread works only in huge differences as an indicator such as 36 - 0 with 30 yards total offense(celina vs wakeland) or 21 - 14 giving up a couple of hundred yards(RC vs Wakeland). Huge difference readily seen.

kepdawg
11-17-2007, 02:03 AM
No there are other factors involved between teams like RC and Celina that differentiate points comparison. Style of play is the big one. We run the ball and play ball control vs RC and the spread. Style of play will dictate to a certain extent the amount of spread expected. When comparing two spread teams such as Wakeland vs RC then you can look at apples to apples assuming both throw and run similarly. Celina plays D stout and controls the tempo with the O. In the first half Rains never crossed the 50 and had less than 60 yards offense. We scored 34 and ran up a couple of hundred yards mostly running the ball. Point spread works only in huge differences as an indicator such as 36 - 0 with 30 yards total offense or 21 - 14 giving up a couple of hundred yards. Huge difference readily seen.

Did you see both of those games? What were the differences? Just curious...

BILLYFRED0000
11-17-2007, 02:07 AM
Did you see both of those games? What were the differences? Just curious...

Did not see RC vs Wakeland. But sounds like Wakeland got the short field a couple of times thanks to its fast special teams and capitalized. Then their fast strong D caused all sorts of execution issues for RC's normally smooth efficient offense.
Gilmer will be times 3 at least.

Did see the Celina game. Wakeland had 30 yards offense and never threatened even when the second team took over in the late third and early fourth.

kepdawg
11-17-2007, 02:11 AM
Did not see RC vs Wakeland. But sounds like Wakeland got the short field a couple of times thanks to its fast special teams and capitalized. Then their fast strong D caused all sorts of execution issues for RC's normally smooth efficient offense.

Did see the Celina game. Wakeland had 30 yards offense and never threatened even when the second team took over in the late third and early fourth.

So we have at least determined that you actually didn't learn anything tonight, correct?

You still haven't hit on anything that you shouldn't have already know before tonight.

BILLYFRED0000
11-17-2007, 02:13 AM
So we have at least determined that you actually didn't learn anything tonight, correct?

You still haven't hit on anything that you shouldn't have already know before tonight.

Yes I learned that RC is not as good as I thought they were.

kepdawg
11-17-2007, 02:15 AM
Yes I learned that RC is not as good as I thought they were.

You learned that from the score?

pirate4state
11-17-2007, 02:16 AM
Can't help it if Cuero's competition sucks.
:D

Hey, both of ya'lls competition sucks!

BILLYFRED0000
11-17-2007, 02:17 AM
You learned that from the score?

From the play of the two teams according to those who were there combined with what I know of Wakeland having seen them play twice this year early and late.

BILLYFRED0000
11-17-2007, 02:18 AM

What took you so long p4s.

pirate4state
11-17-2007, 02:20 AM
What took you so long p4s.

man, there is SO much stuff going on.

i forgot about celina for awhile!!! :eek:

kepdawg
11-17-2007, 02:20 AM
From the play of the two teams according to those who were there combined with what I know of Wakeland having seen them play twice this year early and late.

Well, your vast knowledge has failed you up to this point and your expectations for this game were wrong.

LH Panther Mom
11-17-2007, 02:22 AM
HEYYYYYYYYY! :foul:

kepdawg
11-17-2007, 02:22 AM
man, there is SO much stuff going on.

i forgot about celina for awhile!!! :eek:

:eek:

How dare you suggest that you could forget about Celina! :D

BILLYFRED0000
11-17-2007, 02:23 AM
Well, your vast knowledge has failed you up to this point and your expectations for this game were wrong.

I really had no expectations. I was not sure how good RC was but was fairly certain of what Wakelands capabilities were. I learned what RC could do against a team that I was very familiar with. Gilmer is much better than wakeland. So are we.

pirate4state
11-17-2007, 02:26 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
HEYYYYYYYYY! :foul:

ummmmmmmmmmm, talking about THIS week. LOL.

Of course, LH doesn't suck - afterall they beat Celina last year & Cuero this year! Just in case anyone has forgotten. :cool:

LH Panther Mom
11-17-2007, 02:27 AM
ummmmmmmmmmm, talking about THIS week. LOL.

Of course, LH doesn't suck - afterall they beat Celina last year & Cuero this year! Just in case anyone has forgotten. :cool:
Ohhhhhhh.....DUH! It's late. :D

kepdawg
11-17-2007, 02:28 AM
I really had no expectations. I was not sure how good RC was but was fairly certain of what Wakelands capabilities were. I learned what RC could do against a team that I was very familiar with. Gilmer is much better than wakeland. So are we.

You're the one who said RC's stock fell and you expected more!

I'm just saying you shouldn't have expected as much as you did to start with!

pirate4state
11-17-2007, 02:28 AM
You're the one who said RC's stock fell and you expected more!

I'm just saying you shouldn't have expected as much as you did to start with!

LOL

LH Panther Mom
11-17-2007, 02:30 AM
I remember the days when going undefeated through 11 games and still alive in the playoffs was pretty good. Or maybe I'm just clueless again. :helpme: :helpme:

pirate4state
11-17-2007, 02:30 AM
I remember the days when going undefeated through 11 games and still alive in the playoffs was pretty good. Or maybe I'm just clueless again. :helpme: :helpme:

Dude, you are clueless...we are all clueless...unless we're drinking orange kool-aid :cool:

alaskacat
11-17-2007, 02:35 AM
Dude, you are clueless...we are all clueless...unless we're drinking orange kool-aid :cool:

Orange coolaide...god I love that stuff...and all things Orange:)

I thought you were a purple person pirate:)

pirate4state
11-17-2007, 02:37 AM
Originally posted by alaskacat
Orange coolaide...god I love that stuff...and all things Orange:)

I thought you were a purple person:)

Purple? Nope. I mean, I like purple, but our school colors are maroon & white, but we didn't make the playoffs. :crying: First time in 9 years. Someone get me a tissue!

alaskacat
11-17-2007, 02:51 AM
It never dawned on me until now that Sinton didn't make it...what a bummer!

I just threw a couple bucks at the pay pal acoount but I missed putting my 3Adownlow user name on it...so look for something from ron Leonard and do with it what ever needs done.

If we dont support this perfect little world..who will??

A good cleaning, a window and some new curtains would do wonders for this place:)

BILLYFRED0000
11-17-2007, 09:02 AM
I remember the days when going undefeated through 11 games and still alive in the playoffs was pretty good. Or maybe I'm just clueless again. :helpme: :helpme: :D :D

gatordaze
11-17-2007, 11:09 AM

Do you think RC kept their starters in the game? They took the lead with 57 seconds left in the game.

Celina beat Wakeland like a dog
RC almost lost

RC beat Emory Rains like a dog
Celina game was never in question and several JV players saw action.

Celina>RC

Old Tiger
11-17-2007, 11:34 AM
it's all about that purple drink baby.

DaHop72
11-18-2007, 12:35 AM

Did see the Celina game. Wakeland had 30 yards offense and never threatened even when the second team took over in the late third and early fourth. And again.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Bobcat_Mom
11-21-2007, 09:00 PM

Celina doesn't like to run up the score board, they pull out their starters and put in their 2nd & 3rd string guys, try to save players from being hurt, give others a chance to get some playing time. Celina always takes a knee!