PDA

View Full Version : revenge is so freakin sweet!!!!!!!!

lostaussie
11-17-2007, 12:30 AM
Buckeyes bout had me pooping my britches when we went down 26-21 in the 3rd. but then it was game on. Justin Johnson had to have run for at least 300 yards. I'll go get some stats in a minute. WAY TO GO BUCKEYES.

lostaussie
11-17-2007, 12:43 AM
i can't find no stats at the moment, but i don't care. i'm bouncing off the walls:D.....................L/E's first mistake was a reminder from last year..................the runthru banner to start the game was bout 20 feet tall...................with the inscription

11-17-2006
THEY NEVER SAW IT COMING

I guess we can start working on our banner now:D

Old Green
11-17-2007, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
i can't find no stats at the moment, but i don't care. i'm bouncing off the walls:D.....................L/E's first mistake was a reminder from last year..................the runthru banner to start the game was bout 20 feet tall...................with the inscription

11-17-2006
THEY NEVER SAW IT COMING

I guess we can start working on our banner now:D Congrats on the win Buckeyes:clap:

Buckeyeman
11-17-2007, 12:54 AM
Hey Aussie

Have you heard any news about where Gilmer will play Athens or Mabank? I was hoping it would be at Rose Stadium next Fri but according to a Kilgore fan on Smoaky Kilgore is playing HP on Fri.

JR2004
11-17-2007, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie

11-17-2006
THEY NEVER SAW IT COMING

I guess we can start working on our banner now:D

Congratulations! Revenge sure is fun isn't it? :)

lostaussie
11-17-2007, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
Congratulations! Revenge sure is fun isn't it? :) you damn skippy it is............thanks JR

lostaussie
11-17-2007, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by Buckeyeman
Hey Aussie

Have you heard any news about where Gilmer will play Athens or Mabank? I was hoping it would be at Rose Stadium next Fri but according to a Kilgore fan on Smoaky Kilgore is playing HP on Fri. says on smoaky that kilgore is playing HP in kilgore so i don't know. maybe we will play on saturday?

pirate4state
11-17-2007, 01:46 AM
:clap: :clap:

congrats Aussie & Buckeyes!!!!

i thought you'd send me SOMETHING! :( ;)

it's okay - i got my updates. :p

Martian Man
11-17-2007, 02:32 AM
I was at the Game and it was a dog fight. Gilmer ran the ball all night. I think we may have passed the ball six times all night.

What a game !!!

garciap77
11-17-2007, 03:18 AM
What was the score?

lostaussie
11-17-2007, 08:58 AM
from longview news-journal

Buckeyes battle past Leopards

By GEOFF ENEMAN

Saturday, November 17, 2007

It was the rematch Gilmer had waited a year for. Following last season's shocking loss to Liberty-Eylau, there wasn't much else that the Buckeyes wanted. Justin Johnson made sure that history wouldn't repeat itself.

The blue chip running back rushed for 266 yards and scored five touchdowns to carry Gilmer past the Leopards 41-26 here Friday night at Lobo Stadium in a Class 3A Division I Bi-District contest.

It certainly wasn't easy for the fourth-ranked Buckeyes, who fell to the Leopards in bi-district play a year ago on the same field.

For the first time this season Gilmer trailed in the second half after LaMichael James scored to give Liberty-Eylau a 26-21 advantage with 2:24 left in the third quarter. James did his best to match Johnson, rushing for 215 yards on 31 carries despite battling injuries throughout.

The Buckeyes were able to regain the lead on a 15-yard pass from Darian Godfrey to Houston Tuminello and a little bit of good fortune gave the ball back to Gilmer.

With LE's starting quarterback already injured and James on the sideline, the Leopards, without anyone with any experience to put under center, saw Vance Green recover a fumbled snap. Johnson capitalized three plays later with a 6-yard run to make it a two score game (34-21) following Adan Olivares' extra point with 10:16 remaining.

Gilmer's defense forced a three-and-out and the offense ended any chance of a comeback with a 12-play, 55-yard drive that ate 7:13 off the clock before Johnson scored on a 4-yard run.

The Buckeyes (11-0) threw only seven passes on the night, while rushing 50 times for 307 yards. They will face either Athens or Mabank in the next round of the playoffs.

Early on it looked as if the Buckeyes were on a mission, taking a 14-0 lead just six and a half minutes in on a pair of Johnson scores, but the Leopards responded with a Josh Webster touchdown run and forced a punt before tying the score on a 35-yard reverse pass from Alex Watson to Jermaine Waller on fourth down.

Gilmer responded with a Johnson touchdown.

on its ensuing drive, traveling 63 yards on 10 plays capped by Johnson finding the end zone from three yards out with 2:23 left in the half to take a 21-14 lead into intermission.

Coming out of halftime, the Leopards got good field position following a 34-yard return by Rakeem Ellis at the Gilmer 45 and scored seven plays later on a James 1-yard run. LE's two-point try failed, leaving them a point behind 21-20.

The Leopard defense got the ball back on a fourth down sack by Deonte Bradley at their own 44 and took the lead on James' touchdown.

BILLYFRED0000
11-17-2007, 09:15 AM
Tough game good win. Man does LE play ya'll tough. Congrats on the win guys.

lostaussie
11-18-2007, 05:45 PM
i just wanted to tell ya'll that i'm still a little "giddy" about this:D...........i think that freaking sign still has my blood pressure up.