PDA

View Full Version : Royse City 21, Frisco Wakeland 14 (F)

charlesrixey
11-16-2007, 11:29 PM
nm

BILLYFRED0000
11-16-2007, 11:36 PM
I guess RC ain't all that and a bag of chips. Still a win is a win. I am not all that suprised. Frisco Wakeland is not a bad team.

Txbroadcaster
11-16-2007, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
I guess RC ain't all that and a bag of chips. Still a win is a win. I am not all that suprised. Frisco Wakeland is not a bad team.

or maybe RC simply had an off night

BILLYFRED0000
11-16-2007, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
or maybe RC simply had an off night

Ok. So Royse City is a great team. An off night should be a couple of td's and they should have had control of the game. They did not. On the other hand we held wakeland to 30 yards TOTAL OFFENSE and won 36 - 0. Wakeland came to us like it was a playoff game and they were pumped. Sorry. Royse City Stock just fell quiite a few points in my book.

Txbroadcaster
11-16-2007, 11:50 PM
Ok. So Royse City is a great team. An off night should be a couple of td's. After all
we held wakeland to 30 yards TOTAL OFFENSE and won 36 - 0. Sorry. Royse City just aint that good.

I personally am not saying they are as good or not as good as alot of folks think, I am just saying maybe they had an off night, I do know one of their studs is out for the year, but the simple fact is they won, they are on to the next round

DaHop72
11-16-2007, 11:55 PM
Ok. So Royse City is a great team. An off night should be a couple of td's and they should have had control of the game. They did not. On the other hand we held wakeland to 30 yards TOTAL OFFENSE and won 36 - 0. Wakeland came to us like it was a playoff game and they were pumped. Sorry. Royse City Stock just fell quiite a few points in my book. Geez:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

BILLYFRED0000
11-17-2007, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Geez:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hey I just expected more. Wakeland is a good tough team but not that good.

jlivey7
11-17-2007, 12:14 AM
Ok. So Royse City is a great team. An off night should be a couple of td's and they should have had control of the game. They did not. On the other hand we held wakeland to 30 yards TOTAL OFFENSE and won 36 - 0. Wakeland came to us like it was a playoff game and they were pumped. Sorry. Royse City Stock just fell quiite a few points in my book.

RC's defense played great. The offense was pretty bad, couldn't do much at all. Both RC TD's were results of just flat out great efforts by Carlos Gallegos. He is a stud and they wouldn't have won this game without him. Both Wakeland TD's came after long kickoff returns, other than that they did nothing all game.

GWOOD
11-17-2007, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Geez:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

ok, BillyFred, I just took up for you guys last night. I told DaHops the Celina guys were not so smug as they were last year.

Sorry, DaHops, I should have waited for the playoffs to start before I said anything.

Sorry Royse City, you don't live up to BillyFred's standards. Better go ahead and hang them up!:D

BILLYFRED0000
11-17-2007, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by GWOOD
ok, BillyFred, I just took up for you guys last night. I told DaHops the Celina guys were not so smug as they were last year.

Sorry, DaHops, I should have waited for the playoffs to start before I said anything.

Sorry Royse City, you don't live up to BillyFred's standards. Better go ahead and hang them up!:D

Not smug. Just did not think Wakeland could hang with them. I was a little surprised that RC did not control the game. Sounds like it was all they could do to escape with a win. Mabye Wakeland is better than I thought maybe not. You guys just have to understand that Wakeland got trounced by us. I thought RC would do more.

block&tackle
11-17-2007, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by jlivey7
RC's defense played great. The offense was pretty bad, couldn't do much at all. Both RC TD's were results of just flat out great efforts by Carlos Gallegos. He is a stud and they wouldn't have won this game without him. Both Wakeland TD's came after long kickoff returns, other than that they did nothing all game.
I would love to see Gallegos play again. Last time I saw him was the first game of his soph year and I figured he would be a stud. How big did he end up?

Gsquared
11-17-2007, 12:35 AM
I won a bet, thanks, we took over under till a certain Celina blow hard would chime with that. Nice

BILLYFRED0000
11-17-2007, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by Gsquared
I won a bet, thanks, we took over under till a certain Celina blow hard would chime with that. Nice

OK so my opinion rubs you wrong. I will stick by it. There was two ways to look at this. Either Wakeland is what I think they are and RC is not that good or Wakeland is that good and we just flat must be studs and would kill RC. I chose the high road which suggested that maybe RC is not as good as I thought. If that sticks in your craw then too bad. I have seen Wakeland twice this season besides us and have wondered just how good they were and I am still not sure. I Just know that in the head to head with us it was no contest not even in the least. G you saw PP, Well we whipped Wakeland far worse.
31 yards passing -1 rushing. 0 points.
nuff said.

Gsquared
11-17-2007, 12:52 AM
OK so my opinion rubs you wrong. I will stick by it. There was two ways to look at this. Either Wakeland is what I think they are and RC is not that good or Wakeland is that good and we just flat must be studs and would kill RC. I chose the high road which suggested that maybe RC is not as good as I thought. If that sticks in your craw then too bad. I have seen Wakeland twice this season besides us and have wondered just how good they were and I am still not sure. I Just know that in the head to head with us it was no contest not even in the least. G you saw PP, Well we whipped Wakeland far worse.
31 yards passing -1 rushing. 0 points.
nuff said. Oh I dont care really, RC goes on to play another day. Like I said, about four people knew what the Celina angle from a few would be. More funny than anything really. I aint got no craw anyway. I just like watchin me some football, not much into sniffin jocks and all that.

JR2004
11-17-2007, 01:01 AM

LOL...Wow can y'all call'em or what?

JR2004
11-17-2007, 01:05 AM
Since we're going to compare common opponents...

Three teams that played Robinson this year...

One wins 19-6

Another wins 35-NOTHING

The last one wins 42-14.

Seems like two of those teams blew Robinson out this year.

Just thought I might as well balance things out since we're comparing scores and all.

BILLYFRED0000
11-17-2007, 01:09 AM
Oh I dont care really, RC goes on to play another day. Like I said, about four people knew what the Celina angle from a few would be. More funny than anything really. I aint got no craw anyway. I just like watchin me some football, not much into sniffin jocks and all that.

Yes but the point is that even if I was not from Celina it would still be the same opinion. It is football and I will stick with it. If I was from any other school it would not be an issue. This is an issue with the people who think Celina guys are smug.
Maybe we just know a lot of football having seen more than most over the last ten years. It is my favorite thing and I do study it and I just happen to be from Celina. Like you I just loves me some football. I just wish my old HS would put together a playoff run. Dont think they have been there but a couple of times since I left.

charlesrixey
11-17-2007, 01:09 AM
not much into sniffin jocks and all that.

:rolleyes:

BILLYFRED0000
11-17-2007, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
Since we're going to compare common opponents...

Three teams that played Robinson this year...

One wins 19-6

Another wins 35-NOTHING

The last one wins 42-14.

Seems like two of those teams blew Robinson out this year.

Just thought I might as well balance things out since we're comparing scores and all.

Well my opinion of pre district is kinda like that of Pre Season in the NFL. Just getting ready for the season.

Gsquared
11-17-2007, 01:12 AM
Yes but the point is that even if I was not from Celina it would still be the same opinion. It is football and I will stick with it. If I was from any other school it would not be an issue. This is an issue with the people who think Celina guys are smug.
Maybe we just know a lot of football having seen more than most over the last ten years. It is my favorite thing and I do study it and I just happen to be from Celina. Like you I just loves me some football. I just wish my old HS would put together a playoff run. Dont think they have been there but a couple of times since I left.
Again, its not a big deal to me at all, just funny. I havnt seen much football and usually only set my sights on one team every year and dont see many other teams than my own so my opinions are based on speculation and comparing scores and such, since I havnt seen many other teams.

JR2004
11-17-2007, 01:15 AM
Well my opinion of pre district is kinda like that of Pre Season in the NFL. Just getting ready for the season.

LOL...Well someone owes me some money now too...

BILLYFRED0000
11-17-2007, 01:17 AM
Well for the record a few of my buddies were wondering when some anti Celina sentiment would come out. I predicted early in the playoffs and Once again was right. Geez I hate bein right all the time:rolleyes: :D

Gsquared
11-17-2007, 01:19 AM
Haha, I have been a Celina fan longer that alot of people that wear orange every night have been there. Watched many of Bobcat games with Alvin, saw two of his boys win rings there. Im a big fan of Celina. Still have alot of friends in Celina.

BILLYFRED0000
11-17-2007, 01:21 AM
Haha, I have been a Celina fan longer that alot of people that wear orange every night have been there. Watched many of Bobcat games with Alvin, saw two of his boys win rings there. Im a big fan of Celina. Still have alot of friends in Celina.

I know a little of that. I was mostly just ribbin JR....... Some people are already trying to hand the d2 ring to us this year. I keep saying there is a lot o football left and we got to play better each week. It aint over till its over.

rangerjoe33
11-17-2007, 01:27 AM
Well for the record a few of my buddies were wondering when some anti Celina sentiment would come out. I predicted early in the playoffs and Once again was right. Geez I hate bein right all the time:rolleyes: :D

Talk about playing the victim....kinda brought it on yourself didn't you?

How long ago did Celina and FW play? 5-6 weeks ago? I'm sure they did not improve any, and I am sure you are right, RC is really not that good.

Celina is a special program, to bad you have to come on a message board and and represent the Bobcats and say something like "Yes, I figured RC was not as good as everybody thinks since they could not do to Wakeland what Celina did."

Why even compare? You know they won't be playing each other...really pretty silly.

Txbroadcaster
11-17-2007, 01:27 AM
Billy since u have seen a ton of football then you know one of the cardinal sins is to compare two team because of a common opponent

the game just does not work like that, to many varibles come into play from night to night

Maybe just maybe Wakeland learned alot from the Celina drubbing and carried it with them into this game

LH Panther Mom
11-17-2007, 01:31 AM
Now, I certainly acknowledge that I'm no football genius, but I would be willing to bet money that ANY team that loses TWO STARTING receivers, offensively they may not quite play the same as normal. But, then what do I know?

Congrats on the win, Bulldogs!

BILLYFRED0000
11-17-2007, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Billy since u have seen a ton of football then you know one of the cardinal sins is to compare two team because of a common opponent

the game just does not work like that, to many varibles come into play from night to night

Maybe just maybe Wakeland learned alot from the Celina drubbing and carried it with them into this game

Well I saw Wakeland a couple of times and really was never impressed. They play sissy ball as one on the coaching staff put it. Not just us but against others in our district. The one that really stands out is the Prosper Wakeland game where Prosper nearly rolled them. I am not comparing two common opponents. I am comparing what I know of that team against someone I expected more of. Celina Prosper 63 13. Wakeland Prosper 28 26. Like I said before I thought this game would tell me more about RC than Wakeland because I have seen a lot of Wakeland.

pirate4state
11-17-2007, 01:36 AM
all i got from the this thread was "jock sniffing" LMAO! :D

BILLYFRED0000
11-17-2007, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Now, I certainly acknowledge that I'm no football genius, but I would be willing to bet money that ANY team that loses TWO STARTING receivers, offensively they may not quite play the same as normal. But, then what do I know?

Congrats on the win, Bulldogs!

True but then if that is the case then your playoffs are not lookin good if you cannnot work around it. We were real beat up last year particularly on D where we started a freshmen at MB from mid season on because our line backer corp was shot. It aint easy overcoming injuries.

kepdawg
11-17-2007, 01:39 AM
Well I saw Wakeland a couple of times and really was never impressed. They play sissy ball as one on the coaching staff put it. Not just us but against others in our district. The one that really stands out is the Prosper Wakeland game where Prosper nearly rolled them. I am not comparing two common opponents. I am comparing what I know of that team against someone I expected more of. Celina Prosper 63 12. Wakeland Prosper 28 26. Like I said before I thought this game would tell me more about RC than Wakeland because I have seen a lot of Wakeland.

Propser nearly rolled Wakeland? But lost by 2?

I'm curious what did tonight's game tell you about Royse City?

If you're as knowledgeable as you claim to be you shouldn't have learned to much.

LH Panther Mom
11-17-2007, 01:40 AM
True but then if that is the case then your playoffs are not lookin good if you cannnot work around it. We were real beat up last year particularly on D where we started a freshmen at MB from mid season on because our line backer corp was shot. It aint easy overcoming injuries.
Mid-season gives a "new" player time to adjust. Two in one week is generally a little more difficult, I would think.

pirate4state
11-17-2007, 01:42 AM
Mid-season gives a "new" player time to adjust. Two in one week is generally a little more difficult, I would think.

No, No, NO!

It's always hard, no matter what! GAH!

BILLYFRED0000
11-17-2007, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by kepdawg

If you're as knowledgeable as you claim to be you shouldn't have learned to much.
Yes there was a questionable call in that game where Prosper converted on the 2 point conversion and the refs did not give it to them. It looked good to me. Should have gone into overtime.
RC has depth issues at receiver and may
have trouble against fast athletic defenses. If no one steps up they will not get past Gilmer.

kepdawg
11-17-2007, 01:44 AM
Yes there was a questionable call in that game where Prosper converted on the 2 point conversion and the refs did not give it to them. It looked good to me. Should have gone into overtime.
have trouble against fast athletic defenses. If no one steps up they will not get past Gilmer.

Okay, we obviously have different meanings for when a team rolls another one!

And you didn't really learn much from tonight did you?

pirate4state
11-17-2007, 01:44 AM

Man, it sure does suck that Celina is Div II. I bet they could step up and stop Gilmer.

LH Panther Mom
11-17-2007, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
No, No, NO!

It's always hard, no matter what! GAH!
:doh: :doh: :doh: Oh, you're right. My bad...... :(

But remember.....I already acknowledged that I wasn't an expert. :p ;)

GWOOD
11-17-2007, 01:48 AM
It must be "pick on BillyFred night." Oh well, some of us are out of the playoffs and need something to do.

BILLYFRED0000
11-17-2007, 01:49 AM
Okay, we obviously have different meanings for when a team rolls another one!

And you didn't really learn much from tonight did you?

When the other team is a two score underdog and comes to a bad call from overtime I would call that a roll. Wakeland is superior to Prosper in about every measurable way and still nearly found a way too lose. Not much to learn. RC is going to have trouble with Gilmer period.
Course everybody would this year. I am just suggesting that Gilmer will drill Wakeland into next week and should do the same to RC if they don't shape up fast.

BILLYFRED0000
11-17-2007, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by GWOOD
It must be "pick on BillyFred night." Oh well, some of us are out of the playoffs and need something to do.

Oh we are just having a little fun GWood.
My condolences on your loss BTW. Seminole must be decent this year.

kepdawg
11-17-2007, 01:54 AM
When the other team is a two score underdog and comes to a bad call from overtime I would call that a roll. Wakeland is superior to Prosper in about every measurable way and still nearly found a way too lose. Not much to learn. RC is going to have trouble with Gilmer period.
Course everybody would this year. I am just suggesting that Gilmer will drill Wakeland into next week and should do the same to RC if they don't shape up fast.

We definitely have different opinions on what it means for one team to roll another!

For example, I think Celina rolled Emory tonight!

Knowing what you know about the RC/FW you really shouldn't have learned anything.

Tonight's game didn't really reveal anything new.

alaskacat
11-17-2007, 01:55 AM

I agree with Fred..it proves Royce City is not as strong as anticipated....but then CElina has beat up on Rouce City several years in a row when Celina was 2A and Royce City was still 3A...and this CAt team is a lot better than those were.

I'm from Alaska and watch all kinds of games down here...just happen to love orange...but what do I know.

I will make a small prediction on next week
Celina 48
West 0....if the varsity plays the whole game..if the Jv's come in at half time 48-14...:)

Gilmer 42
Royce City 10

MANSFIELD — Troy Manolakis scored on a 38-yard touchdown pass from Jarrod Harris with 1:11 left to play to lead West (7-4) past Madison (5-5) at Mansfield ISD Stadium in a Region II Class 2A Division II bi-district contest.
West will face Celina at 7:30 p.m. Friday at Bedford’s Pennington Field in an area round matchup.
West never led in the game until Manolakis’ touchdown. Manolakis led all rushers with 127 yards on 30 attempts, despite finishing the first half with minus 4 yards on six carries.
Madison scored with 3:03 left in the first quarter on a 68-yard scamper by Vernon Hunt. West countered in the second quarter with a 31-yard field goal by Wade Guinn to cut the lead to 3.
West’s defensive back Collin Sykora picked off two Madison passes, one at the West 3 and the other at the 14. West finished the first half with 10 yards of offense and no first downs, but finished the game with 12 first downs and 206 total yards.

kepdawg
11-17-2007, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by alaskacat
I agree with Fred..it proves Royce City is not as strong as anticipated....but then CElina has beat up on Rouce City several years in a row when Celina was 2A and Royce City was still 3A...and this CAt team is a lot better than those were.

I'm from Alaska and watch all kinds of games down here...just happen to love orange...but what do I know.

Celina 48
West 0....if the varsity plays the whole game..if the Jv's come in at half time 48-14...:)

Celina will only win 48-0 next week if the varsity plays the whole game!?! :eek:

BILLYFRED0000
11-17-2007, 02:02 AM
Celina will only win 48-0 next week if the varsity plays the whole game!?! :eek:

I would like to see that once. We could have scored 70 tonight and we could have scored over a hundred a couple of times this year. We just never do that.

alaskacat
11-17-2007, 02:06 AM
I was being nice:) but then the first stringers will be on the bench by half time

kepdawg
I would like to see that once. We could have scored 70 tonight and we could have scored over a hundred a couple of times this year. We just never do that.

How on earth could Celina's ball control offense possibly score over 100? I thought that limited the point production! :D

rangerjoe33

Celina 48

Gilmer 42
Royce City 10

MANSFIELD — Troy Manolakis scored on a 38-yard touchdown pass from Jarrod Harris with 1:11 left to play to lead West (7-4) past Madison (5-5) at Mansfield ISD Stadium in a Region II Class 2A Division II bi-district contest.
West will face Celina at 7:30 p.m. Friday at Bedford’s Pennington Field in an area round matchup.
West never led in the game until Manolakis’ touchdown. Manolakis led all rushers with 127 yards on 30 attempts, despite finishing the first half with minus 4 yards on six carries.
Madison scored with 3:03 left in the first quarter on a 68-yard scamper by Vernon Hunt. West countered in the second quarter with a 31-yard field goal by Wade Guinn to cut the lead to 3.
West’s defensive back Collin Sykora picked off two Madison passes, one at the West 3 and the other at the 14. West finished the first half with 10 yards of offense and no first downs, but finished the game with 12 first downs and 206 total yards.

This is pretty cool I was going to repond and looked at the quote and there is a bunch of text that shows up here in reply mode but does not show on the post you made cat

rangerjoe33
11-17-2007, 02:09 AM
anyway, Celina and RC have never played several years in a row...they played two years home/home (2004, 2005) and yes Celina won both convincingly.

alaskacat
I was going to come down for the game tonight, but I knew what the outcome would be so I stayed in Oklahoma and went to the Jenks- West Moore game.

Jenks was leading 42-7 with 5 minutes left in the 4th when I left

LH Panther Mom
What year was that.......and does it have a bearing on the RC/FW game? :confused:

BILLYFRED0000
11-17-2007, 02:11 AM
How on earth could Celina's ball control offense possibly score over 100? I thought that limited the point production! :D

Easy most of the time we throw a lot more this year and did not throw the ball at all tonight. 78 yards I think. Seth had 239 yards in the first half of one game this year. In Bonham it was 35 zip in the first quarter.

alaskacat
11-17-2007, 02:11 AM
It kind of has to do with next week ..sorry got it in the wrong spot:)...but does have todo with the prediction I made

The article was from tonight Madison-West game

kepdawg
11-17-2007, 02:13 AM
Easy most of the time we throw a lot more this year and did not throw the ball at all tonight. 78 yards I think. Seth had 239 yards in the first half of one game this year. In Bonham it was 35 zip in the first quarter.

Oh, so you would have to scrap the ball control offense to score 100.

rangerjoe33
11-17-2007, 02:14 AM
What year was that.......and does it have a bearing on the RC/FW game? :confused:

That's what is so wierd...it does not show in the original post view...but if you quote it for reply (from page 2 i think) all this other stuff showed up...

BILLYFRED0000
11-17-2007, 02:15 AM
Oh, so you would have to scrap the ball control offense to score 100.

No. All the scores at Bonham were runs and returns. No passes for td's. We have scored 42 in a quarter all running. At Bonham we ran 11 plays for 35 points in the first quarter. Several long runs etc.

kepdawg
11-17-2007, 02:17 AM
No. All the scores at Bonham were runs and returns. No passes for td's. We have scored 42 in a quarter all running. At Bonham we ran 11 plays for 35 points in the first quarter. Several long runs etc.

Then why did you bring up the fact that you usually throw the ball a lot more?

LH Panther Mom
11-17-2007, 02:18 AM
It kind of has to do with next week ..sorry got it in the wrong spot:)...but does have todo with the prediction I made

The article was from tonight Madison-West game
Ohhhhh.....well someone should tell them that none of these teams are in 2A. :D (Thus my confusion.......)

BILLYFRED0000
11-17-2007, 02:21 AM
Then why did you bring up the fact that you usually throw the ball a lot more?

We can be explosive if we want. Seth has thrown for over a 1000 yards playing in about 60 percent of the games played.
The rest of the passes are about 600 more yards I think. Second team half backs and such.

VAMike
11-17-2007, 07:07 AM
Yes there was a questionable call in that game where Prosper converted on the 2 point conversion and the refs did not give it to them. It looked good to me.

Where were you watching the game from? Never ceases to amaze me at how folks sitting in the bleachers , 50 - 100 yards away, and at an angle to the goal line , can say a runner got the ball across the plane when there are ususally 2 refs STANDING ON THE GOAL LINE and looking straight down it who say no.

Some folks have such amazing vision powers they really are doing the game a disservice by not becoming an official. ;)

3afan
11-17-2007, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by VAMike
Where were you watching the game from? Never ceases to amaze me at how folks sitting in the bleachers , 50 - 100 yards away, and at an angle to the goal line , can say a runner got the ball across the plane when there are ususally 2 refs STANDING ON THE GOAL LINE and looking straight down it who say no.

Some folks have such amazing vision powers they really are doing the game a disservice by not becoming an official. ;)

:clap:

BILLYFRED0000
11-17-2007, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by VAMike

I was down on the goal line. I get up and walk around close to the game to see the line play sometimes. It was close but I thought it was good.

3afan
11-17-2007, 09:27 AM
where was this played?

BossHog09
11-17-2007, 09:36 AM
This just proves that District 9 is one of, if not the best districts in Texas. Celina rolled in the first round, Prosper rolls in first round, Wakeland sticks with supposedly deadly Royse City, and we have 2 other teams who didnt even make the playoffs that were ranked in the top 25 at some point in the season.

gatordaze
11-17-2007, 12:00 PM
In the 11 games so far including what ended as a tight win against Robinson, I have not seen Celina starters play a complete game. Their are 43 kids on this team and 29 are seniors.

They all deserve to play and fortunately Coach Ford sees to it that they get playing time their senior year.

I truly beleive that offensive procuctivity would be 40% higher if the starters played in the second half. Defensively, the cats would give up and average of less than 4 points a game.

According to Massey they have the top ranked defense and the 3rd ranked offense in the state.

dogdad
11-17-2007, 03:22 PM
I got a call from a guy I know in Emory who is a knowledgeable football guy. He thinks that if RC and Celina played RC would win. (he thinks easily) Of course he has seen both teams in the past 2 weeks. Is he right? Who knows? We will never know......but as a die-hard RC fan, I give Celina respect because they deserve it. There are plenty of Celina fans who also give respect to other teams and who are gracious in their opinions.....but it floors me to read what some of the idiots from Celina say and do when they get on here. They want to turn every thread into a Celina thread, they want to take away from anything positive that is said about other teams, and its like kep said......the football world does not revolve around Celina. Give some respect and you will get respect back.

LH Panther Mom
11-17-2007, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by dogdad
I got a call from a guy I know in Emory who is a knowledgeable football guy. He thinks that if RC and Celina played RC would win. (he thinks easily) Of course he has seen both teams in the past 2 weeks. Is he right? Who knows? We will never know......but as a die-hard RC fan, I give Celina respect because they deserve it. There are plenty of Celina fans who also give respect to other teams and who are gracious in their opinions.....but it floors me to read what some of the idiots from Celina say and do when they get on here. They want to turn every thread into a Celina thread, they want to take away from anything positive that is said about other teams, and its like kep said......the football world does not revolve around Celina. Give some respect and you will get respect back. :clap: :clap:

Again....congrats to the Bulldogs on the win! Sometimes they aren't "pretty" but hey, they still count the same. :)

BILLYFRED0000
11-17-2007, 04:08 PM
I got a call from a guy I know in Emory who is a knowledgeable football guy. He thinks that if RC and Celina played RC would win. (he thinks easily) Of course he has seen both teams in the past 2 weeks. Is he right? Who knows? We will never know......but as a die-hard RC fan, I give Celina respect because they deserve it. There are plenty of Celina fans who also give respect to other teams and who are gracious in their opinions.....but it floors me to read what some of the idiots from Celina say and do when they get on here. They want to turn every thread into a Celina thread, they want to take away from anything positive that is said about other teams, and its like kep said......the football world does not revolve around Celina. Give some respect and you will get respect back.

I think you need to back track son. No one turned this into a Celina thread. I just said Wakeland played RC tough and we totally drilled Wakeland. Made me think RC was not as good as advertised. Went from there.

pirate4state
11-17-2007, 04:15 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

dogdad
11-17-2007, 04:23 PM
I'm not your son wildtexan or billyfreedo, or whatever name you are using and reread the last sentence of my post

garciap77
11-17-2007, 04:32 PM
The way this is going Celina should just get State now! And concel the rest of the games! Some posters post like there is no chance of any team beating them! Great job RC maybe if we both keep winning will meet again.

BILLYFRED0000
11-17-2007, 06:42 PM
This is a football forum. You guys are gettin way bent out of shape over my opinion that Wakeland gave RC a hard time and makes me think RC is not as good as I originally thought. For the record I had RC in my top 2 or 3 in d1 with a legit shot at the title. I just back tracked it down now because Wakeland while solid would never have a chance at the title. My opinion is that RC gets stopped by Gilmer. Now I would like to know just how that is being disrespectful.

I did use the fact that Wakeland was in our district, I had seen them play twice, well actually 3 times although I only saw about a quarter of the Argyle game in Frisco. Since I am from Celina naturally the fact that we played them gave me and indication of their strength. I never said we are the best. I said we destroyed Wakeland. If any of you hold your opponent to 30 yards offense and I mean a solid team number 2 in their district and then you get back to me. But never confuse my opinion of the superiority of our play on a single night with Any thought that Celina or I have a bad attitude and thinks we cannot be beat etc. et al.

LH definetly beat us last year and they were the better team that day. LHPM knows how much respect I give them.
Class act and would love another chance to play that squad and school because they are alot like us. We love our school and teams( we have 16 state titles not just football) and our proud of our school. But we never take anybody lightly and we have a good measure of our competition.
I hope RC proves me wrong. I want them to win. I think they are a good bunch and they will be 4a next year. This will be a good chance for them to get there.

bobcat1
11-17-2007, 07:17 PM
When Kep told me to shut up I did. Go Royce City!:clap: :clap: :clap: Tough luck Wakeland. Better luck next year in your second year with Seniors in 4A.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

BILLYFRED0000
11-17-2007, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
When Kep told me to shut up I did. Go Royce City!:clap: :clap: :clap: Tough luck Wakeland. Better luck next year in your second year with Seniors in 4A.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I know what you mean. :rolleyes:

dogdad
11-17-2007, 07:30 PM
Go Salina

bobcat1
11-17-2007, 07:36 PM
Go Salina
Did I spell it wrong?:doh: Royse City????? Heck it wasn't intentional. Sorry I'm 51. They only had No Play No play when I was in school. No Pass No Play came later.

You're right Kep. I am shuttin plum up. :speech: I knew better than to say anything.http://www.websmileys.com/sm/crazy/1087.gif

Gsquared
11-17-2007, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Did I spell it wrong?:doh: Royse City????? Heck it wasn't intentional. Sorry I'm 51. They only had No Play No play when I was in school. No Pass No Play came later.
NOW here is one of my favorite Bobcat people! Might need you to save me another seat soon brotha!

bobcat1
11-17-2007, 07:50 PM
Just let me know G. You got it.

Bobcat_Mom
11-19-2007, 03:35 PM
Poor Billy! Is everyone picking on you?

I will say this....with the utmost respect....

Over coming injuries is always one of the hardest things to do, especially in playoffs....but...if you are fortunate enough to have a bench full of other players, a few with more talent than others, but all conditioned the same using the same program...it MAY be easier to overcome.

I can see what everyone's points are...I personally have heard so much about how great RC is that I figured they would be blowing other teams out of the water. I am by far not a pro on any of this, it is all just my opinion from what I"ve heard and seen.

Congrats to the teams that have made it to round two in the playoff's and I pray for Celina's strength, wisdom, and determination to get them through another round of playoff's injury free (as I do for all players).

Billy.....I get your points....I know what you mean...saying some things out loud makes others view you as a smug guy from C-Town. Just being from Celina gives you a bad name...I've personally experienced that. You know why!

Nough said!

Lets play some more ball!

Yeah baby!

:D