PDA

View Full Version : Clyde vs. Argyle UPDATES!!!!

SNYDER325TIGERS
11-16-2007, 09:39 PM
does anyone got anything????

VERNONLION#1
11-16-2007, 09:48 PM
3rd qtr Argyle 10 Clyde 0.

charlesrixey
11-16-2007, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by VERNONLION#1
3rd qtr Argyle 10 Clyde 0.
heck yeah!

SNYDER325TIGERS
11-16-2007, 09:53 PM
i was hoping clyde would win.

SNYDER325TIGERS
11-16-2007, 10:26 PM
Is there anymore updates on this game??

cr180t
11-16-2007, 10:48 PM
17-0

Dominicfrank
11-16-2007, 10:49 PM
funny

SNYDER325TIGERS
11-16-2007, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by cr180t
17-0

well clydes ganna be airing up the b-balls.

VERNONLION#1
11-16-2007, 11:04 PM
Wonder what kinda night Kevil is having!

its_n_D_water
11-16-2007, 11:08 PM
Any turnovers????

its_n_D_water
11-16-2007, 11:25 PM
This Game over????

Cameron Crazy
11-16-2007, 11:27 PM
Yep, the all mighty bulldogs go home early.

fury900
11-16-2007, 11:43 PM
A17 C0
f?

wildstangs
11-16-2007, 11:47 PM
Talked to Lakers (Clyde poster) on the phone a minute ago. He said Clyde kept getting pinned deep. Average starting around their own 10 yard line. He said Argyle was GREAT at tackling - I think this was also the case against Sweetwater last year.

Lakers estimated Kevil had around 100-125 yards - but Clyde only made it inside the 20 once.

One thing I forgot to ask him was about Argyle turning the ball over. I know Clyde has thrived this year on opponents turning the ball over. I wondered how they would fair if they got a team that didn't commit turnovers.

block&tackle
11-17-2007, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Talked to Lakers (Clyde poster) on the phone a minute ago. He said Clyde kept getting pinned deep. Average starting around their own 10 yard line. He said Argyle was GREAT at tackling - I think this was also the case against Sweetwater last year.

Lakers estimated Kevil had around 100-125 yards - but Clyde only made it inside the 20 once.

One thing I forgot to ask him was about Argyle turning the ball over. I know Clyde has thrived this year on opponents turning the ball over. I wondered how they would fair if they got a team that didn't commit turnovers.
I have 0 TO's for Argyle, 3 for Clyde.

wildstangs
11-17-2007, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by block&tackle
I have 0 TO's for Argyle, 3 for Clyde.

Yeah, the Clyde coach was just on the news saying that Argyle played flawless. Clyde has thrived off of turnovers - See Vernon, Sweetwater, and Wylie. Too bad they had to meet up with Argyle. I really think they could have beaten Decatur or Bridgeport.

kepdawg
11-17-2007, 01:23 AM
I thought Clyde was supposed to win? :thinking:

SNYDER325TIGERS
11-17-2007, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by kepdawg

I kno bro, but there were quiet a few upsets across the state tonight... but hats off to Clyde.. great season.

alaskacat
11-17-2007, 03:07 AM
ALEDO--Argyle’s 17-0 win over Clyde on Friday night probably wasn’t one the ARgyle offensive players will remember too fondly, but at this point of the season, they’ll take it.
Argyle (9-3) finished with just 320 total yards, a pedestrian effort by their standards, but the Argyle defense was able to pitch its first shutout of the season, while holding Clyde's potent rushing attack to just 149 yards on their way to a bi-district championship.
Argyle was scoreless in the first and third quarters, and had two would-be touchdown passes dropped in the end zone.
Argyle quarterback JJ Harp was sacked six times and faced pressure all night, but the offensive line was able to hold Clyde (7-4) when it counted despite the loss of starting right tackle Riley Ledbetter last week, giving way to Chas Eads.
Harp finished the night with 271 yards passing, completing 21-of-31 attempts and two touchdown passes to Justin McGuffey and Tyler Sweatt. His leading receiver was Brady Brown, who caught 10 balls for 117 yards.

3afan
11-17-2007, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by alaskacat
ALEDO--Argyle’s 17-0 win over Clyde on Friday night probably wasn’t one the ARgyle offensive players will remember too fondly, but at this point of the season, they’ll take it.
Argyle (9-3) finished with just 320 total yards, a pedestrian effort by their standards, but the Argyle defense was able to pitch its first shutout of the season, while holding Clyde's potent rushing attack to just 149 yards on their way to a bi-district championship.
Argyle was scoreless in the first and third quarters, and had two would-be touchdown passes dropped in the end zone.
Argyle quarterback JJ Harp was sacked six times and faced pressure all night, but the offensive line was able to hold Clyde (7-4) when it counted despite the loss of starting right tackle Riley Ledbetter last week, giving way to Chas Eads.
Harp finished the night with 271 yards passing, completing 21-of-31 attempts and two touchdown passes to Justin McGuffey and Tyler Sweatt. His leading receiver was Brady Brown, who caught 10 balls for 117 yards.

:clap:

firstdown
11-17-2007, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by SNYDER325TIGERS
I kno bro, but there were quiet a few upsets across the state tonight... but hats off to Clyde.. great season.

You think Argyle beating Clyde an upset? I don't. I think that Clyde thought Argyle was soft and as some have said had a suspect defense. Our defense has played good for most of the year the numbers do not show it because in 90% of our games the lead was such that we played back-ups in the second half. Our boys played great last night as well as did the boys from Clyde they just met a better team, they were not beat in an upset.

3afan
11-17-2007, 09:14 AM
no this was not an upset - far from it ...

BILLYFRED0000
11-17-2007, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by kepdawg

I picked Argyle. Clyde had been getting turnovers. Argyle had played some good tough hitting teams and came ready for a dog fight. Clyde just is not a great offensive team. Without the turnovers to give their O a short field Argyle was able to hold. Hats off to both teams.

cdawgfan
11-17-2007, 09:47 AM
It was a very tough game and Clyde just doesn't know how to defend a passing offense like that. They gave them too much of a cushion for catching the ball. If we would have started making short 5 yard passes at the beginning of the game like we did in the last 4 minutes of the game it would have been a lot closer. We play grind it down your throat offense which is okay, but when it doesn't work we need to try something else.

Anyway hats off to both teams and the bulldogs did hold them to only 2 td's which is only the 2nd time for the eagles this year.

Congrats to sweetwater keep playing hard!

garciap77
11-17-2007, 09:50 AM
I picked Cylde! I agree with BILLYFRED0000 without the turnovers and faced with long filed positions Clyde just did not have the offense to win this game. Good luck to Argyle and congratulations to Clyde for a great season.

Dominicfrank
11-17-2007, 11:02 AM
Argyle have enough to trip up Graham ?

firstdown
11-17-2007, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by cdawgfan
It was a very tough game and Clyde just doesn't know how to defend a passing offense like that. They gave them too much of a cushion for catching the ball. If we would have started making short 5 yard passes at the beginning of the game like we did in the last 4 minutes of the game it would have been a lot closer. We play grind it down your throat offense which is okay, but when it doesn't work we need to try something else.

Anyway hats off to both teams and the bulldogs did hold them to only 2 td's which is only the 2nd time for the eagles this year.

Congrats to sweetwater keep playing hard!

The short passes were open at the end of the game because the game was in hand. Up 17 - 0 with 4 minutes to play there was no need to play tight coverage. If you had tried to throw the whole game there would have been more turnovers. Clydes best shot was to control the ball and they were not able to do that. Clyde played a great game and our boys were saying that they were a tuff bunch. I hope you don't graduate to much talent and have continued success.

cdawgfan
11-17-2007, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by firstdown
The short passes were open at the end of the game because the game was in hand. Up 17 - 0 with 4 minutes to play there was no need to play tight coverage. If you had tried to throw the whole game there would have been more turnovers. Clydes best shot was to control the ball and they were not able to do that. Clyde played a great game and our boys were saying that they were a tuff bunch. I hope you don't graduate to much talent and have continued success.

This is true I just felt like we should have mixed it up a little more at the beginning and it might have helped, but you are right about the turnovers. We are graduating our 2 running backs and a few good defensive players, but we will still have some good returning players also.

firstdown
11-17-2007, 11:33 AM
Since you have played Argyle and Graham (if they win and they should) how do we match up?

wtxfootball08
11-17-2007, 04:40 PM
JUST HAVE TO STOP GRAHAMS D...

THEIR OFFENSE IS UNPREDICTABLE, BUT WHEN THEY ARE ON THEY ARE ON... JUST PRESSURE MCCOY

garciap77
11-17-2007, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by wtxfootball08
JUST HAVE TO STOP GRAHAMS D...

THEIR OFFENSE IS UNPREDICTABLE, BUT WHEN THEY ARE ON THEY ARE ON... JUST PRESSURE MCCOY

I Agree!!!! You will win if you can do that! But that will be very hard to do.