PDA

View Full Version : Shooting Justified?

Darren
11-16-2007, 03:01 PM
This is a non-football topic but I found it to be very interesting...

Watch the link below and listen to the 911 caller and decide if you think that he was in the right or if he was wrong.

It may be helpful to hear the entire 911 call that link can be found at the bottom of the post.

Here is the Houston news report.

http://mfile.akamai.com/12944/wmv/vod.ibsys.com/2007/1116/14610457.200k.asx

This site has the entire 911 call.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/5303222.html

Discuss.......

S_Tex_3A_Fan
11-16-2007, 03:08 PM
Good for him. If we had more people like him maybe idiots like that would reconsider breaking the law.

Ingleside Fan
11-16-2007, 03:09 PM
Its Playoff time your not suppose to post this stuff! :mad:

Darren
11-16-2007, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Ingleside Fan
Its Playoff time your not suppose to post this stuff! :mad:

True..... but its slow.

And if you don't want to read you don't have to.

Ingleside Fan
11-16-2007, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Darren
True..... but its slow.

And if you don't want to read you don't have to.

Your correct I made the wrong choice to read this. The guy that shot the suspects did also. He was not guarding his castle. He was in no danger.

DDBooger
11-16-2007, 03:22 PM
being a victim of a home invasion, i have no sympathy for em! me and my brother kicked the deuce out of the two perpatrators, however, if we had a gun im sure i would have used it. until you've experienced it you have no idea the primal anger that takes over! we put one of em in intensive care for two weeks. the cops asked us for the weapons we used, it took some convincing for them to believe it was simply fist and foot, nothing more :)

this guy ran after em however, kinda reckless, glad no innocents were hit.

rockdale80
11-16-2007, 03:25 PM
So if that person was raping a woman would you have shot them? Shoot the sorry SOBs before your home is next. :mad:

DDBooger
11-16-2007, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
So if that person was raping a woman they didn't rape a woman. burglary of habitation. they were out of the house and running away. i guess it comes down to the law. i'll be surprised if this guy doesn't get charged with something.

Darren
11-16-2007, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
being a victim of a home invasion, i have no sympathy for em! me and my brother kicked the deuce out of the two perpatrators, however, if we had a gun im sure i would have used it. until you've experienced it you have no idea the primal anger that takes over! we put one of em in intensive care for two weeks. the cops asked us for the weapons we used, it took some convincing for them to believe it was simply fist and foot, nothing more :)

this guy ran after em however, kinda reckless, glad no innocents were hit.

I cant say as I have experienced it first hand (nor do I want to) so you obviously have more knowledge on situations like this than I do. But I have to say that this guy was itching to shoot these robbers. If you listen to the full 911 call right before he shoots them he say something like "Boo your dead" I'm trying to withhold judgement (even though he didn't).

Snyder_TigerFan
11-16-2007, 03:40 PM
I hope he doesn't get charged with anything. Wow, that's crazy. I was surprised at how calm he was during the conversation. He told the 911 operator from the start that he wasn't going to let them get away with it.

Snyder_TigerFan
11-16-2007, 03:41 PM
If you listen to the full 911 call right before he shoots them he say something like "Boo your dead" I'm trying to withhold judgement (even though he didn't).

I couldn't figure out what he said.

DDBooger
11-16-2007, 03:44 PM
I cant say as I have experienced it first hand (nor do I want to) so you obviously have more knowledge on situations like this than I do. But I have to say that this guy was itching to shoot these robbers. If you listen to the full 911 call right before he shoots them he say something like "Boo your dead" I'm trying to withhold judgement (even though he didn't). my situation took place within MY home and in the front yard. this guy pursued perps that robbed anothers house and killed em. law is sketchy on issues of self defense but this will be hard to legitimize as self defense

Darren
11-16-2007, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
I was surprised at how calm he was during the conversation.

Maybe this is why I have an odd feeling about the whole situation.

I could understand if he was scared for his life and thought that these robbers were going to physically harm him or someone else for that matter. But it just seems from his voice that he was going to kill them from the start.

Darren
11-16-2007, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
my situation took place within MY home and in the front yard. this guy pursued perps that robbed anothers house and killed em. law is sketchy on issues of self defense but this will be hard to legitimize as self defense

Agreed