PDA

View Full Version : Just spent $900 on drugstore.com

rangerjoe33
11-15-2007, 03:48 PM
I just spent the last 2 hours shopping on drugstore.com for Flex Spending Account eligible merchandise.

Our family had a very healthy year and I had $1,054 that was not used in a Flex Spending Account. If you don't use it , you lose it. I found out that if you don't use the money actually is returned to the employer.

Anyway, my grandmother is fixing to get a bunch of new stuff and some medicinal stock items that should keep my mother from having to spend money out of pocket for a while.

I did get a really cool First Aid Kit for the family though, survival stuff included, and I also got enough band aids to last a couple of years.

Did you know that condoms are included on the FSA list?

rangerjoe33
11-15-2007, 03:50 PM
Oh...and because of all the meth idiots running labs out there you can't buy sudafed online and have it shipped to Texas.

luvhoops34
11-15-2007, 04:11 PM
That's nice that you thought of your mom and grandmother.:)

I ordered some stuff from drugstore.com when KTA's little boy was born and had it shipped straight to him. Worked out really good.

Stownhorse
11-15-2007, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by rangerjoe33
I just spent the last 2 hours shopping on drugstore.com for Flex Spending Account eligible merchandise.

Our family had a very healthy year and I had $1,054 that was not used in a Flex Spending Account. If you don't use it , you lose it. I found out that if you don't use the money actually is returned to the employer.

Anyway, my grandmother is fixing to get a bunch of new stuff and some medicinal stock items that should keep my mother from having to spend money out of pocket for a while.

I did get a really cool First Aid Kit for the family though, survival stuff included, and I also got enough band aids to last a couple of years.

Did you know that condoms are included on the FSA list?

Whats an FSA list?

sahen
11-15-2007, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
Whats an FSA list?

since condoms are on it....Friendly Sperm Anhilator?

rangerjim
11-15-2007, 04:15 PM
Was the item in question for your grandma too?

RedWhiteBlue
11-15-2007, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
That's nice that you thought of your mom and grandmother.:)

I ordered some stuff from drugstore.com when KTA's little boy was born and had it shipped straight to him. Worked out really good.
So you sent KTA condoms when his baby was born?

luvhoops34
11-15-2007, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue
So you sent KTA condoms when his baby was born?

LOL no, it was a little too late at that point to worry about condoms...:D

RedWhiteBlue
11-15-2007, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
LOL no, it was a little too late at that point to worry about condoms...:D
Oh, okay........:thinking:

CenTexSports
11-15-2007, 04:30 PM
We have always bought eyeglases at the end of the year when there is money left in the FSA. Saving 20% on these purchases is cool (depending on your tax bracket) but having to buy stuff that you don't need is kind of a downer.

And for those that don't know, a FSA is a Flexible Spending Accouint. Your employer takes pre-tax earnings and puts them in an account. When you buy things that are allowed or pay for child care, you get reimbursed with money from the FSA and you get back the 12% to 20% (or more if you are a very high earner) that you would have had to pay for with money that was already taxed.

rangerjoe33
11-15-2007, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
Saving 20% on these purchases is cool (depending on your tax bracket) but having to buy stuff that you don't need is kind of a downer.

Yeh it is. Luckily we just had a good year healthwise. I have vision and dental insurance, but I did buy a bunch of contact solution (OptiFree) for the kids.

I got my grandmother:
Sugar free cough syrup
A Table Top Tray for her hospital bed (eating cart like is at the hospital)
A 4" in Foam pad for her Hospital bed
2 sets of sheets

And a box of condoms...she is only 93...you goobers.