PDA

View Full Version : Hey Black Magic

Sweetwater Red
11-15-2007, 12:24 PM
Serious question. I would have asked this on the other thread
but that what is for trashing talking.

Are coaches at a disavantage when they can't send scouts to
watch the other team play. What I mean is Sweetwater and
Bridgeport will have scouts at the Vernon/Perryton game.
Monahans will have scouts at ya'lls game. Ya'll will not be able
to scout the current Lobo team and have to rely on whatever
"old" game tapes they send you.

This combined with an extra week of practice against a known
oponent would appear to be a clear advantage for the team
having the bye week.

If anyone else wants to chime in feel free.

Curly
11-15-2007, 12:31 PM
Come on Red you know that Blackie will be watching Bridgeport and Sweetwater this friday
that is all he is concerned with anyway

Black_Magic
11-15-2007, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Serious question. I would have asked this on the other thread
but that what is for trashing talking.

Are coaches at a disavantage when they can't send scouts to
watch the other team play. What I mean is Sweetwater and
Bridgeport will have scouts at the Vernon/Perryton game.
Monahans will have scouts at ya'lls game. Ya'll will not be able
to scout the current Lobo team and have to rely on whatever
"old" game tapes they send you.

This combined with an extra week of practice against a known
oponent would appear to be a clear advantage for the team
having the bye week.

If anyone else wants to chime in feel free. how would I know? Ask a Coach....
:confused: :confused:

PurplePride2006
11-15-2007, 01:38 PM
I look at having a bye week as being both bad and good for a team.

Monahans will have an extra week to heal up players and watch the Sweetwater game which is a huge advantage, but on the other hand in certain situations I wouldn't want to have that much time off and then come into play a team that has just come off a good win. Monahans has the upper hand, they probably took this week to work on their scheme, and then wait and see who wins and then work on them.

Sweetwater Red
11-15-2007, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by PurplePride2006
I look at having a bye week as being both bad and good for a team.

Monahans will have an extra week to heal up players and watch the Sweetwater game which is a huge advantage, but on the other hand in certain situations I wouldn't want to have that much time off and then come into play a team that has just come off a good win. Monahans has the upper hand, they probably took this week to work on their scheme, and then wait and see who wins and then work on them.

You gave me an answer and you're not even a coach. Thank you
PurplePride2006.:D

Sweetwater Red
11-15-2007, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
how would I know? Ask a Coach....
:confused: :confused:

Just because an ostrich stick its head in the grounded doesn't
mean it's hiding.:thinking:

SUPERMANN5107
11-15-2007, 01:59 PM
The same thing happened last year. And we saw how that turned out.

DUKE22
11-15-2007, 02:31 PM
The only way I think it is advantage is if your team has some injuries. There is not anything that Monahans does that we do not know about, and the same can be said for them. That being said I would much rather be playing Brownfield this week than waiting two weeks to play Monahans. From what I have heard off weeks are not the best practice weeks either.

westtxfballfan
11-15-2007, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by DUKE22
The only way I think it is advantage is if your team has some injuries. There is not anything that Monahans does that we do not know about, and the same can be said for them. That being said I would much rather be playing Brownfield this week than waiting two weeks to play Monahans. From what I have heard off weeks are not the best practice weeks either.

I agree that it doesn't help Monahans much, since these two know each other so well. I would rather have a first round win against a (supposedly) weaker team to get any playoff jitters out of the players than sit and play against a team that has already notched a playoff victory. One place where Monahans could take advantage (but I don't expect that they did) is to install a trick play such as a pitch pass or something that no one's seen. Last year Monahans moved the ball well between the 20s and only had a 7-7 tie to show for it midway through the 4th before Clay busted off two long TD runs.

bigron15
11-15-2007, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by DUKE22

idk when monahans had their last bye week but if it was a while back then the break is an advantage. if you dont have a bye, you have to win practically 9 games in a row to win state (if you are in a good district). the bye week is an advantage. plus you dont have to worry bout a first round out