PDA

View Full Version : Sweetwater Youth Football

mustang84
11-15-2007, 11:36 AM
Hey just to let you Mustang fans know this Sunday the Sweetwater Grey flag team will play the Abilene jets in the BCYF Superbowl game at 1 pm . The Mustang Mitey Mite will play Coleman in the BCYF Superbowl at 2pm and the Mustang Jr Pee Wee will play Abilene Raiders at 4pm in the BCYF Superbowl.This all takes place at Jim Ned High School football field on Sunday. PLease come out and support these kids. The more that come the better .Come out and support Mustang football.

Sweetwater Red
11-15-2007, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by mustang84
Hey just to let you Mustang fans know this Sunday the Sweetwater Grey flag team will play the Abilene jets in the BCYF Superbowl game at 1 pm . The Mustang Mitey Mite will play Coleman in the BCYF Superbowl at 2pm and the Mustang Jr Pee Wee will play Abilene Raiders at 4pm in the BCYF Superbowl.This all takes place at Jim Ned High School football field on Sunday. PLease come out and support these kids. The more that come the better .Come out and support Mustang football.

Don't forget to mention what players ..uh bulldogs comprise the Abilene Raiders.:devil: :D

Rocket Dad
11-15-2007, 12:10 PM
Youth sports should never be played on Sunday. Championships, tournaments, doesn't matter - family time and church on Sundays - period. This is clearly stated in the "Rule Book" - check it out.

Sweetwater Red
11-15-2007, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Rocket Dad
Youth sports should never be played on Sunday. Championships, tournaments, doesn't matter - family time and church on Sundays - period. This is clearly stated in the "Rule Book" - check it out.

Yeah and bring back the Texas blue law!!!!:rolleyes:

3afan
11-15-2007, 12:28 PM
so don't participate ....

nobogey72
11-15-2007, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Don't forget to mention what players ..uh bulldogs comprise the Abilene Raiders.:devil: :D

What does that mean? :confused:

Sweetwater Red
11-15-2007, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
What does that mean? :confused:

I was told by one of the granddads of the Sweetwater team
that the Abilene Raider team was comprised of the W.I.S.D.
kids. Is that not correct?

nobogey72
11-15-2007, 01:29 PM
Yeah, I think that the majority of Raiders are Wylie kids and maybe one other elementary school. I just didn't understand what your post was meant. My bad.

bigron15
11-15-2007, 02:25 PM
i remember playing against gary edwards in pee wee football. those were the days

Stownhorse
11-15-2007, 02:36 PM

You wont be there so no big deal. If people have a problem about it then somebody will complain.

bigron15
11-15-2007, 02:41 PM
and its in the afternoon AFTER CHURCH. whats the big deal?

garciap77
11-15-2007, 02:57 PM
I was one of the coaches for youth football (Raiders 3yrs) about 3 years ago and at that time about 1/3 of the kids were from Wylie. Wylie kids are not encourage to play youth football and wait until Jr. High, so only a few come out and play.

DaHop72
11-15-2007, 02:58 PM
Youth sports should never be played on Sunday. Championships, tournaments, doesn't matter - family time and church on Sundays - period. This is clearly stated in the "Rule Book" - check it out. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: I have to agree Rocket Dad and no we wouldn't participate for that reason.

garciap77
11-15-2007, 03:05 PM
I agree with not playing on Sundays, but the reason that happens is because of the High School playoffs. We did not have practice on Weds so the kids could go to chruch.

Stownhorse
11-15-2007, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
I was one of the coaches for youth football (Raiders 3yrs) about 3 years ago and at that time about 1/3 of the kids were from Wylie. Wylie kids are not encourage to play youth football and wait until Jr. High, so only a few come out and play.

Why? The earlier they start the better off they are in the long run.

bigron15
11-15-2007, 03:09 PM
our kids practice after church

garciap77
11-15-2007, 03:11 PM
I really don't know for sure, but the rumor was that the Wylie Football program did not want kids to be taught bad hibits.

bigron15
11-15-2007, 03:12 PM
I really don't know for sure, but the rumor was that the Wylie Football program did not want kids to be taught bad hibits.

thats right...they wait til high schoool

Stownhorse
11-15-2007, 03:14 PM

Ive heard of coaches doing that for their children but not a whole community. Some coaches(high school) coach bad habits too lol.

garciap77
11-15-2007, 03:15 PM
In fact, I have heard from serveral kids (who play youth football) that when they tryout for 7th football they are not look upon favorably.

DaHop72
11-15-2007, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by bigron15
thats right...they wait til high schoool :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

:dispntd: :dispntd:

bigron15
11-15-2007, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

:dispntd: :dispntd:

it was a joke. lol

Stownhorse
11-15-2007, 03:17 PM
In fact, I have heard from serveral kids (who play youth football) that when they tryout for 7th football they are not look upon favorably.

Sounds a little rediculous, anyways GO SUPPORT YOUR TEAM!