PDA

View Full Version : Caldwell Can't Stop Columbus' Offense

CowboyBillWatts
11-15-2007, 10:31 AM
or can they? I have learned all about Caldwell's offense, very potent from what I've heard! But nobody seems to be giving Columbus much of a chance. They have a stud running back also named Carter (1,600+ yards) and they have a ton of seniors just like Caldwell. I'm not so sure the Caldwell is that much better than Columbus. Guess that's why you play the game.

Old Tiger
11-15-2007, 10:32 AM
why not post this under the Caldwell/Columbus GOTW thread?

State_In_08
11-15-2007, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by CowboyBillWatts
or can they? I have learned all about Caldwell's offense, very potent from what I've heard! But nobody seems to be giving Columbus much of a chance. They have a stud running back also named Carter (1,600+ yards) and they have a ton of seniors just like Caldwell. I'm not so sure the Caldwell is that much better than Columbus. Guess that's why you play the game.

They have a stud running back... but Caldwell has two stud running backs. Xavier Canto and Farrin Sims are both beasts and could easily amass 1800 yards if they were the feature guy on their team.

CowboyBillWatts
11-15-2007, 10:54 AM
I mean does Caldwell play better competition week in and week out if you throw Giddings out of the mix? Or is it comparable?

CowboyBillWatts
11-15-2007, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
why not post this under the Caldwell/Columbus GOTW thread?

Is that the official "professional poster" creed or something? I'm a rookie at this.

State_In_08
11-15-2007, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by CowboyBillWatts
I mean does Caldwell play better competition week in and week out if you throw Giddings out of the mix? Or is it comparable?

They play better competition than Columbus did in D24. Not trying to start a war here... I think D23 is better than D24. Bellville, La Grange, Giddings, Navasota... all playoff worthy teams. They beat all of them except a VERY good Giddings team, and they played that one close. Pre-district notable wins? Rockdale 31-18. Robinson 43-28. They beat down La Grange 42-14, and they'd be a playoff team in most other districts. Bottom line, Caldwell is a formidable team, and they'll go deep into the playoffs.

CowboyBillWatts
11-15-2007, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by State_In_08
They play better competition than Columbus did in D24. Not trying to start a war here... I think D23 is better than D24. Bellville, La Grange, Giddings, Navasota... all playoff worthy teams. They beat all of them except a VERY good Giddings team, and they played that one close. Pre-district notable wins? Rockdale 31-18. Robinson 43-28. They beat down La Grange 42-14, and they'd be a playoff team in most other districts. Bottom line, Caldwell is a formidable team, and they'll go deep into the playoffs.

Thanks for the info. They must be really good and it looks like they have a lot of positive senior leadership. How would they stack up against the Cleveland/Kirbyville winner?