PDA

View Full Version : Playoffs, pep rally, and other crazy stuff

kepdawg
11-15-2007, 12:23 AM
What does your school/town do for the playoffs?

Pep rally? Send off? Signs? Anything out of the ordinary?

mwynn05
11-15-2007, 12:30 AM
We act like we have been there before

kepdawg
11-15-2007, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by mwynn05

Well, what do people that have been there before do?

Ranger Mom
11-15-2007, 12:33 AM
I don't know about the first few rounds, but back when we made it to state, I remember ALL the elementary kids lining the road with handmade flags.....as the bus drove off...it was awesome.

Oh yeah...and they had pep rallies every week!!

mwynn05
11-15-2007, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Well, what do people that have been there before do? the normal

LH Panther Mom
11-15-2007, 07:07 AM
We have a send-off at the high school. (And the same for other sports.) Pep rallies are reserved for home games, so we'll be having none of that. :p Signs are up all over the high school grounds and some on the side of the road. Purple & gold ribbon on poles....which reminds me. I need to go shopping.

RedWhiteBlue
11-15-2007, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
We have a send-off at the high school. (And the same for other sports.) Pep rallies are reserved for home games, so we'll be having none of that. :p Signs are up all over the high school grounds and some on the side of the road. Purple & gold ribbon on poles....which reminds me. I need to go shopping.
Typical woman question- so you guys only have pep rallies for home games?

Dogman_1969
11-15-2007, 10:02 AM
Tonight we have a City wide pep rally, tomorrow is the pep rally at the schools and Saturday is a send off town pep rally that some local business are sponsoring for everyone.

Go Tigers............................................ ................................

LH Panther Mom
11-15-2007, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue
Typical woman question- so you guys only have pep rallies for home games?
Yes.... *sigh*

State_In_08
11-15-2007, 10:50 AM
We have pep rallies for every game, so this one will be no different.

RedWhiteBlue
11-15-2007, 10:58 AM
Yes.... *sigh*
Why is that? I have never heard of that..... maybe this is going on alot of places and I just have my head in the sand (which is a big possibility)!

buff4life
11-15-2007, 11:35 AM
during the regular season we only have pep rallies for home games...but in the playoffs, the parents put on city wide pep rallies...

last year, me and a friend made a HUGE bonfire and it was sweet for the first game, i believe they're making another one this year, but on a smaller scale lol...

LH Panther Mom
11-15-2007, 11:52 AM
Why is that? I have never heard of that..... maybe this is going on alot of places and I just have my head in the sand (which is a big possibility)!
Conflicts with the academic schedule....which is why they're really there. ;)

nobogey72
11-15-2007, 12:04 PM

That's a strange response. Hopefully your HC doesn't take that approach with the kids. There are lots of kids shooting free throws today that would love to trade places. Our coach stresses that the kids and parents not take this playoff deal for granted. I don't care if your school has been to the playoffs 25 straight years, this year's seniors have never been seniors before and had to look at each game as maybe their last.

Act like it's a big deal, because it is a big deal.

RedWhiteBlue
11-15-2007, 12:04 PM
Really? They aren't there for football and pep rallies only? That is crazy!!! What kind of school are you people running? :rolleyes:
No, actually- I can see it being a conflict for several reasons.
Thanks for sharing......

RedWhiteBlue
11-15-2007, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
That's a strange response. Hopefully your HC doesn't take that approach with the kids. There are lots of kids shooting free throws today that would love to trade places. Our coach stresses that the kids and parents not take this playoff deal for granted. I don't care if your school has been to the playoffs 25 straight years, this year's seniors have never been seniors before and had to look at each game as maybe their last.

Act like it's a big deal, because it is a big deal.
I totally agree!! It is a very big deal. Our cheerleaders put on the most awesome pep rallies, our booster club and fans go all out. That is the way it should be! It doesn't matter if you have been there the last 10 years in a row or you have never been there- soak it up!!!:D

Texasfootball2
11-15-2007, 12:23 PM

If your high school is located in the great state of Texas, the fact that there is a playoff game being played is going to be a distraction. Sure they're there for acedamics, but like nobogey72 said, It is a big deal and the experience of going through a deep playoff run is something the seniors will never forget and remember forever. Pep rally's are more of a tradition than an event that actually fires your kids up, because they take place some 10 hours before kickoff, but they do give your kids a sense of pride that so many people support them and that they are playing for their whole community.

So i guess if the President of the US was making a speech in your cafetorium, your kids would not be allowed to attend because I assure you he would not say anything in his speech that would benefit your kids acedamically, and after all thats what they're really there for.:thumbsup:

lakers
11-15-2007, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
If your high school is located in the great state of Texas, the fact that there is a playoff game being played is going to be a distraction. Sure they're there for acedamics, but like nobogey72 said, It is a big deal and the experience of going through a deep playoff run is something the seniors will never forget and remember forever. Pep rally's are more of a tradition than an event that actually fires your kids up, because they take place some 10 hours before kickoff, but they do give your kids a sense of pride that so many people support them and that they are playing for their whole community.

So i guess if the President of the US was making a speech in your cafetorium, your kids would not be allowed to attend because I assure you he would not say anything in his speech that would benefit your kids acedamically, and after all thats what they're really there for.:thumbsup: :clap:

Rattlesnake_08
11-15-2007, 12:56 PM
Today our students are wearing crazy hats and socks.

nobogey72
11-15-2007, 01:03 PM
Everyone knows that all kids that go to Wylie are rich so what our kids are doing today is totally crazy. They are dressing like totally outragously, like for example: mixing Polo shirts with Hilfiger jeans (can you imagine) One kid actually came to school in a really old car (it was like an 2003 Mustang) and it was soooooo funny.:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Texasfootball2
11-15-2007, 01:12 PM
Everyone knows that all kids that go to Wylie are rich so what our kids are doing today is totally crazy. They are dressing like totally outragously, like for example: mixing Polo shirts with Hilfiger jeans (can you imagine) One kid actually came to school in a really old car (it was like an 2003 Mustang) and it was soooooo funny.:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Your kids have a '03 Mustang:thumbsup: Now thats cool:cool: Where is the world did you find one of those:thinking:

Sweetwater Red
11-15-2007, 01:17 PM

Polo and Hilfiger. Is it like retro day or something?:thinking: :D

LH Panther Mom
11-15-2007, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2

So i guess if the President of the US was making a speech in your cafetorium, your kids would not be allowed to attend because I assure you he would not say anything in his speech that would benefit your kids acedamically, and after all thats what they're really there for.:thumbsup:

Of course it's a big deal! I never said it wasn't. :p We just don't have pep rallies for away games. The administration made that decision, not me. I would LOVE to have pep rallies for EVERY game, but I don't get to pick.

In years past, the "advisory" period was dropped on pep rally days. This year, periods have been shortened so all classes can be attended those days. The "that's what they're there for" was my way of not having to whine about the lack of pep rallies....and now I feel bad because we won't have one. :(

nobogey72
11-15-2007, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Polo and Hilfiger. Is it like retro day or something?:thinking: :D

Never mind. If you didn't get it, I don't think I could explain it.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

buff4life
11-15-2007, 01:37 PM
Of course it's a big deal! I never said it wasn't. :p We just don't have pep rallies for away games. The administration made that decision, not me. I would LOVE to have pep rallies for EVERY game, but I don't get to pick.

In years past, the "advisory" period was dropped on pep rally days. This year, periods have been shortened so all classes can be attended those days. The "that's what they're there for" was my way of not having to whine about the lack of pep rallies....and now I feel bad because we won't have one. :(

do yall have town pep rallies during the playoffs?

Sweetwater Red
11-15-2007, 01:39 PM
Never mind. If you didn't get it, I don't think I could explain it.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I did get it. Designer clothes...:thinking: ....

I just chose to make a light hearted joke about the brand names
you chose.:thumbsup:

nobogey72
11-15-2007, 01:53 PM

Sweetwater Red,

I'm an OLD dude! Are those outdated brands? Shows how far behind I am.:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

KngKongInDTrunk
11-15-2007, 01:53 PM
I just realized we are having our 3rd pep rally just before our game on Saturday!

Old Tiger
11-15-2007, 01:54 PM
Um...what time is the city wide tonight?

TinyTim
11-15-2007, 01:56 PM

wonder where they get it.

TinyTim
11-15-2007, 01:58 PM
them

RedWhiteBlue
11-15-2007, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
do yall have town pep rallies during the playoffs?
We will have the pep rally at school tomorrow. The booster club is cooking and feeding the team breakfast at 7:00 am on Saturday at one of the local restaurants (they let them use their facilities) and we will have a big send off when the busses pull out at 7:30 am on Saturday.

buff4life
11-15-2007, 02:04 PM
We will have the pep rally at school tomorrow. The booster club is cooking and feeding the team breakfast at 7:00 am on Saturday at one of the local restaurants (they let them use their facilities) and we will have a big send off when the busses pull out at 7:30 am on Saturday.

wow thats early, that sucks lol...

RedWhiteBlue
11-15-2007, 02:23 PM
wow thats early, that sucks lol...
Oh well, I'm glad we are on the road and not stuck at home looking at a basketball schedule!!!:eek:

buff4life
11-15-2007, 02:36 PM
Oh well, I'm glad we are on the road and not stuck at home looking at a basketball schedule!!!:eek:

i'm guessing you saying that in general and not towards me...the eek didn't help with your direction

RedWhiteBlue
11-15-2007, 02:39 PM
i'm guessing you saying that in general and not towards me...the eek didn't help with your direction
I meant it totally in general.... not towards anyone specific at all.

buff4life
11-15-2007, 02:42 PM

alright well good luck to yall, i have a girl in one of my classes from Graham...

buff4life
11-15-2007, 02:57 PM
your inbox if full, i was going to say don't worry about it its kewl i knew you didn't mean anything..

nobogey72
11-15-2007, 06:52 PM

Giddings,

I know Red white and blue pretty well and I think it was aimed directly at you. Even though ya'll are in the playoffs, since we're talking about 7:00 Saturday morning which is early, ya'll will officially be in basketball by then, assuming ya'll play Friday night. I'm pretty sure that's what she meant.:eek: :eek: :eek:

ronwx5x
11-15-2007, 06:55 PM
alright well good luck to yall, i have a girl in one of my classes from Graham...
You have a class from Graham? j/k:devil:

CHS_CG
11-15-2007, 07:06 PM
Caldwell is having a peprally tonight on the square im sure tomorrow they will have one at school too.

CHSfan
11-15-2007, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
Caldwell is having a peprally tonight on the square im sure tomorrow they will have one at school too.

we had BLACK OUT tonight and all the football players moms did soulja boi @ the pep rally w/o the guys knowing! it was great! and we have GREEN OUT @ school tomorrow! green faces ,green hair ,green shoes,shirts,pants etc... and we have a pep rally and send off! ...were are from cuero we go ALL OUT!!

CHS Pride
11-15-2007, 10:48 PM
We had a great turn out for the Pep Rally on the Courthouse Square tonight but there will not be one at sc hool tomorrow. We also do not have pep rallys for away games. We have send offs for away games due to scheduling conflicts.

44INAROW
11-15-2007, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by CHSfan
we had BLACK OUT tonight and all the football players moms did soulja boi @ the pep rally w/o the guys knowing! it was great! and we have GREEN OUT @ school tomorrow! green faces ,green hair ,green shoes,shirts,pants etc... and we have a pep rally and send off! ...were are from cuero we go ALL OUT!!
I tried to get pics of the moms in their son's jerseys doing the "dance" but since it was "black out" it was hard to get the pics.. the gym looked neat with everyone wearing the flourescent glow-sticks etc........

Emerson1
11-15-2007, 11:01 PM
No that's people just not caring.

ProudHornetMom
11-15-2007, 11:02 PM
Caldwell's routine for out of town games is a "send off" only. No pep rally. Home games do have full pep rallies.

We had a great community pep rally tonight. 3A football is great for many reasons but how small communities come together in support is amazing. It was a fun night and punctuated the excitement for tomorrow's game.

buff4life
11-15-2007, 11:26 PM
Giddings,

I know Red white and blue pretty well and I think it was aimed directly at you. Even though ya'll are in the playoffs, since we're talking about 7:00 Saturday morning which is early, ya'll will officially be in basketball by then, assuming ya'll play Friday night. I'm pretty sure that's what she meant.:eek: :eek: :eek:

right...i'm feeling too good right now to care...

Steerfan
11-16-2007, 01:21 AM
Yes, 7:30 a.m. is early, especially since the Boosters will be cooking and manning the Concession Stands Friday night when we host A. W. and D.

So......late night, early morning, and long day to and from Amarillo, but no sacrifice too much for our kids!!!

Safe travels to everyone and Good Luck!

GO STEERS!!!!

RedWhiteBlue
11-16-2007, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Steerfan
Yes, 7:30 a.m. is early, especially since the Boosters will be cooking and manning the Concession Stands Friday night when we host A. W. and D.

So......late night, early morning, and long day to and from Amarillo, but no sacrifice too much for our kids!!!

Safe travels to everyone and Good Luck!

GO STEERS!!!!
What a bummer- breakfast was called off, because we are leaving so early!!! Oh well, 7:00 am will come early enough anyway!!

Maroon87
11-16-2007, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
What does your school/town do for the playoffs?

Pep rally? Send off? Signs? Anything out of the ordinary?

We have a candle-light pep rally in the stadium the night before the game.

RedWhiteBlue
11-18-2007, 02:25 PM
Giddings,

Here I am trying to lie to these people and lead them to believe that I am a sem-nice person, unlike some Wylie snot and here you go- talking behind my back- TRAITOR!!!!!!:mad: :mad:

Emerson1
11-18-2007, 03:03 PM
They won't give peprally for playoff games just because it's on the road? Are regular season games were home only, but I'm sure if we ever make the playoffs again they will have them for every game.

nobogey72
11-18-2007, 10:46 PM
We have pep rallys for everything at Wylie. Once we had a pep rally for a girl that had a very poorly publicized coming out party to try and boost her moral.

RedWhiteBlue
11-19-2007, 12:57 PM
We have pep rallys for everything at Wylie. Once we had a pep rally for a girl that had a very poorly publicized coming out party to try and boost her moral.
Bunch of tree hugging liberals with all the money!!!:)

lion75
11-20-2007, 11:58 PM
I doubt they do it anymore, but in the old days at Vernon, their coaches would go back out to the fieldhouse and watch film of that weeks opponent after supper. The filmroom would be open until 10 or so and coaches would allow ex-players who were in town to wander in and watch film with them. Before one playoff game someone noticed an offensive lineman for the opponent leaning back on his heals on all pass plays (preparing to pass protect) and leaning forward (heals off the turf) on all running plays. That playoff game our def. knew on every play whether it would be a run or pass, unless it was a draw.