PDA

View Full Version : Celina

kepdawg
11-15-2007, 12:10 AM
Celina is a good program, a great program actually

Celina is one of the most storied, most successful programs in all of Texas High School Football history

I know that, you know that, everybody here knows that

Sure, some people aren't willing to admit that Celina has been much more successful in 3A much quicker than most people expected

And some people want to hold no 3A championships against Celina

Understandable to a point

This is a 3A board and most people are only concerned with a school's success in 3A, unless of course it is their own school's success outside of 3A

Whether we like it or not Celina is a great program

But I already said that didn't I

We already know that don't we

It seems to me like there is a struggle for respect

And quite frankly it is a struggle that is not needed

We do not need someone to tell us how good Celina is or was or will be

We do not need someone to compare every stat or accomplishment to Celina

Anyone who is realistic will acknowledge Celina's success and the quality of the program

Anyone who won't is irrelevant

So if you're a Celina fan, that's great

Support your team just as any other fan would support their team

But realize no matter how successful you have been or how successful you will be

Texas High School Football does not revolve around Celina

I in no way intend to diminish your accomplishments

Anyone who knows me knows I like Celina

But as I have stated

I know you're good, you know you're good, everybody here knows you're good

So maybe back off just a little bit

You just might be surprised how much respect you get when you don't demand it

Ranger Mom
11-15-2007, 12:13 AM
Was that for Celina posters??

I am REALLY confused now!!

kepdawg
11-15-2007, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

Don't worry!

You are easily confused! :D

Ranger Mom
11-15-2007, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Don't worry!

You are easily confused! :D

Tell me about it!!:rolleyes: :p

charlesrixey
11-15-2007, 12:19 AM
:clap:

JR2004
11-15-2007, 12:19 AM

Sounds like it was.

Ranger Mom
11-15-2007, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
Sounds like it was.

That's what I thought!!

Is he telling all of the "others" or the Celina "FANatics"!!:thinking:

:D :D

IHStangFan
11-15-2007, 12:26 AM

bobcat1
11-15-2007, 05:23 AM
I gotcha Kep. I am sorry, you are right. I was having fun yesterday at LH's expense. I'll shut up now. :(

gatordaze
11-15-2007, 09:43 AM
Celina is a good program, a great program actually

Celina is one of the most storied, most successful programs in all of Texas High School Football history

I know that, you know that, everybody here knows that

Sure, some people aren't willing to admit that Celina has been much more successful in 3A much quicker than most people expected

And some people want to hold no 3A championships against Celina

Understandable to a point

This is a 3A board and most people are only concerned with a school's success in 3A, unless of course it is their own school's success outside of 3A

Whether we like it or not Celina is a great program

But I already said that didn't I

We already know that don't we

It seems to me like there is a struggle for respect

And quite frankly it is a struggle that is not needed

We do not need someone to tell us how good Celina is or was or will be

We do not need someone to compare every stat or accomplishment to Celina

Anyone who is realistic will acknowledge Celina's success and the quality of the program

Anyone who won't is irrelevant

So if you're a Celina fan, that's great

Support your team just as any other fan would support their team

But realize no matter how successful you have been or how successful you will be

Texas High School Football does not revolve around Celina

I in no way intend to diminish your accomplishments

Anyone who knows me knows I like Celina

But as I have stated

I know you're good, you know you're good, everybody here knows you're good

So maybe back off just a little bit

You just might be surprised how much respect you get when you don't demand it

I understand if you want to exclude Celina from 3A. 2A does not want us either. We are just a little school looking for some place to play football. If you could just convince another 500+ students to move here we could go on to 4A and leave you guys alone.

Old Tiger
11-15-2007, 09:44 AM
is it pronounced Ce-line-a or Ce-Lean-a

gatordaze
11-15-2007, 09:46 AM
Po-tay-to or Po-tot-to

JR2004
11-15-2007, 09:47 AM
That's what I thought!!

Is he telling all of the "others" or the Celina "FANatics"!!:thinking:

:D :D

It's pretty clear which folks it's for. :)

pirate4state
11-15-2007, 10:14 AM
A-hahahahahahaha

Ranger Mom
11-15-2007, 10:26 AM
My posts on this thread were very "tongue in cheek"!

As I was reading over the Celina Tribute....all I could think was..."I have heard ALL of this before SEVERAL times!!":D

alaskacat
11-15-2007, 11:47 AM
I think they just get tired of us spotting you 500 kids then beat the crap out of everyone:)

kepdawg
11-15-2007, 12:46 PM
The people who are offended or upset by this are the people it is intended for

Just as is the case with any town/school it is not fair to lump everyone together

All towns/schools have their share of overzealous fans

Unfortunately the overzealous fans are often the loudest

If you think I don't want Celina in 3A it is obvious you don't know me and don't have a clue what you are talking about

I don't care what classification Celina is in

I want Celina to win another state championship this year

I want Celina to win regardless of the classification with the only exceptions being if Celina were to play Jasper or Denison

As I said in my original post if you know me you know I like Celina

But after a while everyone gets tired of having the greatness of Celina forced upon us

Try a little humility every now and then

Ranger Mom
11-15-2007, 12:48 PM

As I said in my original post if you know me you know I like Celina

But after a while everyone gets tired of having the greatness of Celina forced upon us

Try a little humility every now and then

That is what I THOUGHT you were saying from the "get-go"!! :thumbsup:

gatordaze
11-15-2007, 12:57 PM
Seems to me that a few poster and schools seem to dominate this message board. It is not Celina.

I am new to the board and maybe your anomosity is pointed toward posters from last year I cannot tell. You seem to be reacting to fairly benign comments from fans of Celina when the fans from LH, Giddings, Snyder etal that really wave their flag have free reighn.

If everyone shares your opinion, maybe we should leave. I am cool with that and I bet the other Bobcats would agree.

Put it to a vote!

lion75
11-15-2007, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by gatordaze
Seems to me that a few poster and schools seem to dominate this message board. It is not Celina.

I am new to the board and maybe your anomosity is pointed toward posters from last year I cannot tell. You seem to be reacting to fairly benign comments from fans of Celina when the fans from LH, Giddings, Snyder etal that really wave their flag have free reighn.

If everyone shares your opinion, maybe we should leave. I am cool with that and I bet the other Bobcats would agree.

Put it to a vote! I agree. Unless I've missed something, Celina posters seem somewhat subdued to me, with the exception of an occasional smart remark. But hey, if a school is playing at the level they play at, then their fans should be able to toot their horn occasionally.

BILLYFRED0000
11-15-2007, 05:54 PM
I was kinda wonderin about that myself.
I have watched the snyder posters and sweetwater posters get all up in a tizzy time and again. I have not even been posting much lately. So I must have missed something...... Or maybe we just have some people who get enthusiasm mixed up with inferiority. Who knows?

kepdawg
11-15-2007, 06:08 PM
I am glad none of you are a part of what I am talking about

I have no problem with enthusiastic fans who want to support their team

I encourage it

As I have stated several times everybody knows Celina is good and has been good

It does seem though that quite often Celina tries to one up other schools when it just isn't necessary

Is it everyone from Celina

Of course not

But I have noticed it more over the past week or so

I am not going to go through the trouble of pulling up old posts

But I will gladly point it out in the future if you would like

bobcat1
11-15-2007, 06:14 PM
It was me and I apologized already. I was trying to have fun at LH's expense. Kinda like Mel Gibson in Braveheart when he said I'm going to pick a fight. Every one got pissy so I guess I went to far. Okay................could've just PM'd me but NOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

kepdawg
11-15-2007, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
It was me and I apologized already. I was trying to have fun at LH's expense. Kinda like Mel Gibson in Braveheart when he said I'm going to pick a fight. Every one got pissy so I guess I went to far. Okay................

Honestly I don't know who specifically I am talking to

But my post was not a reaction to one post

Quite the opposite

My post was a reaction to several posts, most rather insignificant

It's just a case of a little jab here and a little jab there

Enough little jabs add up and can cause some "pain"

It's no big deal really

Just something that had come to my attention

When Jasper dropped from 4A there was a similar experience

Many people proclaimed Jasper as state champions

Many of those people had no association with Jasper

Since Celina has been in 3A there have been some people touting them while others doubt them

The facts don't lie though

Celina is and will continue to be a great program

Anyone who refuses to acknowledge that is irrelevant

It is simply my perception that some feel the need to force the issue when it just isn't necessary

Kind of like the Patriots this year

I don't need ESPN to tell me how good they are

I am already well aware of it

After a while I get tired of hearing about it

But as is the case with all other opinions they are just that opinions

Mine doesn't matter anymore than anyone elses

So support your team

And good luck to them

I hope to watch them win another state championship this year

75009Football
11-15-2007, 06:50 PM
There are those teams that I love to watch cause they are so good but then I hate them cause they are always so good.

I can change the word "teams" to "players" and have the same effect. TO comes to mind there. As long as he is on MY team he is OK but if he ever moves to yours then by golly, he better never to that to us.

A little goes a long way and I guess it just went.

I guess we need a North Central Texas discussion board cause this year is much more civil than last. Still fun though.

Lets play nice.

Ranger Mom
11-15-2007, 07:25 PM
See....what y'all did wrong is this:

You have WARN beforehand that you are going to be picking on someone.

Last year, I warned the Snyder posters that is was going to be Ranger Mom against them the week of the Snyder/Greenwood game. We had a blast and it was all done in good clean fun.

No one got their feelings hurt, no one got mad, they ended up beating us so I had to come back and eat my crow.......but it was all good!! (I still beat them in the "board war"!!)

:p :p :D

BILLYFRED0000
11-15-2007, 07:40 PM
See....what y'all did wrong is this:

You have WARN beforehand that you are going to be picking on someone.

Last year, I warned the Snyder posters that is was going to be Ranger Mom against them the week of the Snyder/Greenwood game. We had a blast and it was all done in good clean fun.

No one got their feelings hurt, no one got mad, they ended up beating us so I had to come back and eat my crow.......but it was all good!! (I still beat them in the "board war"!!)

:p :p :D

RM everybody understands you. I am not sure why anybody would worry about that. I sure do not worry about what anybody thinks about what I say.
I do try to be thoughtful and then occasionally throw out some stats. :D

kepdawg
11-15-2007, 07:43 PM
Y'all try not to be too hard on Emory!

Poor guys!

End the regular season against Royse City and get Celina in the first round!

BILLYFRED0000
11-15-2007, 07:52 PM
Y'all try not to be too hard on Emory!

Poor guys!

End the regular season against Royse City and get Celina in the first round!

We will show up first then see if we need to call off the dogs.

alaskacat
11-15-2007, 09:15 PM
Yawn I think I will go watch Wakeland and Royce city, be a much better game than Celina emory Route

LH Panther Mom
11-15-2007, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
occasionally throw out some stats. :D
:thinking: :thinking: :thinking: I guess it's a good thing it's only occasional. :eek: :eek: :p

Ranger Mom
11-16-2007, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:thinking: :thinking: :thinking: I guess it's a good thing it's only occasional. :eek: :eek: :p

You have to admit, he has curbed WAY back from last season!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Bobcat_Mom
11-19-2007, 03:53 PM
I am glad none of you are a part of what I am talking about

I have no problem with enthusiastic fans who want to support their team

I encourage it

As I have stated several times everybody knows Celina is good and has been good

It does seem though that quite often Celina tries to one up other schools when it just isn't necessary

Is it everyone from Celina

Of course not

But I have noticed it more over the past week or so

I am not going to go through the trouble of pulling up old posts

But I will gladly point it out in the future if you would like

So I"m confused...so because everyone 'knows' Celina is good then we just don't say it...hm...I am new to Celina and the board and have noticed a low key of Celina fans on here. Of course some brag a little, but so do others...hm..Personally, I have seen nothing but mostly respect and quietness for Celinians.

It seems that people get offended if Celina says something that's a fact or that shows some confidence I guess because they are good at football. Hardly ever do I ever hear anyone brag about how great they are if they are from Celina. In fact, we had a jr high student show a little cockyness at a game this year and the coaches benched him to prove the point that we don't act that way. I've had several people tell me that many are jealous of Celina and get sick of hearing about them because they're good and just tired of hearing about it. Not that it's from braggin but rather just the fact that they won again.

I don't mean any of this to be smart or cocky, but as a new parent of bobcat players, I have seen anything but disrespect and cockieness.

It seems that most posters are of other schools/teams, rather than Celina.

We are Celina, We are proud!

3afan
11-19-2007, 04:45 PM
I understand if you want to exclude Celina from 3A. 2A does not want us either. We are just a little school looking for some place to play football. If you could just convince another 500+ students to move here we could go on to 4A and leave you guys alone.

FYI, its these type of posts that result in: http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=74193
or
http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=57353

Bobcat_Mom
11-19-2007, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
FYI, its these type of posts that result in: http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=74193
or

I doesn't seem like the majority or even close to it are Celinians.

There's always a sour apple in the bunch that ruins it for everyone else or leaves a bitter taste in your mouth.

BILLYFRED0000
11-19-2007, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Bobcat_Mom
I doesn't seem like the majority or even close to it are Celinians.

There's always a sour apple in the bunch that ruins it for everyone else or leaves a bitter taste in your mouth.

It is funny to me when someone from Celina makes a comparison and judgement about someone else's team is when the fur begins to fly. If we just pat everybody on the butt and say good job go team it should be ok. However that is not my style. I analyze and make a judgement about what I think will happen.
Sometimes I am right and sometimes I am wrong but it is not personal and Celina is not the team in question although it can be someone we have played and I will use it for comparison purposes. Some people just don't seem to like straight shootin. I suppose we can just say atta boy and move on instead of stating opinions which is what I always thought a board like this was for. Sides, I admit I like to stir the pot a little to see what shakes out.

alaskacat
11-19-2007, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
or

I went back and read the whle thing, still cant stop laughing:)

BILLYFRED0000
11-20-2007, 06:44 AM
Originally posted by alaskacat
I went back and read the whle thing, still cant stop laughing:)

Hey Ron, When I am going to see you at a ball game brother......

BobcatBenny
11-20-2007, 09:07 AM
In my best Johnny Carson voice
Celina is so good . . .

. . . How good are they?

They are so good . . . Hooters chose orange and white as its colors. :eek:

In my best BobcatBenny voice
Now, that was just in case you weren't sure that Celina is good. :D

And if any of you, other school's fans, don't like it, don't worry. I will tell you about it over and over and over again. :p

alaskacat
11-20-2007, 11:38 AM
Hey Ron, When I am going to see you at a ball game brother......

This Friday I will be at Pennington, and probably the rest of them.

Last week I just couldn't get up for what I knew was gonna be a thumping, so went and saw Jenks Okla, beat up on North Moore instead.

I dont look for this game to be much different, but hey, its still the CAts and the real round 1 game.

I just got back from Alaska a couple weeks ago, and was six months behind catching up the web page, and buying a new truck, since I flew down this time.Now I have a dilemma, getting the 4X Titan back to Alaska and the Tacoma back down here.

My cell phone for down here should be activated in the next couple days, so call me 918-916-7252. My Alaska one just don't work here

GWOOD
11-20-2007, 03:44 PM
Is Celina 3A?

DaHop72
11-20-2007, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by GWOOD
Is Celina 3A? NCAA DIV I
:devil: :devil:

BILLYFRED0000
11-20-2007, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by alaskacat
This Friday I will be at Pennington, and probably the rest of them.

Last week I just couldn't get up for what I knew was gonna be a thumping, so went and saw Jenks Okla, beat up on North Moore instead.

I dont look for this game to be much different, but hey, its still the CAts and the real round 1 game.

I just got back from Alaska a couple weeks ago, and was six months behind catching up the web page, and buying a new truck, since I flew down this time.Now I have a dilemma, getting the 4X Titan back to Alaska and the Tacoma back down here.

My cell phone for down here should be activated in the next couple days, so call me 918-916-7252. My Alaska one just don't work here

That I will do. Be nice to see ya. I think we should get together at Pennington so I will try to call you.

BILLYFRED0000
11-20-2007, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
NCAA DIV I
:devil: :devil:

Naw were Div 11 appalachian state.......
We are David (476 enrollment) vs Goliath.

Buckeye80
11-20-2007, 07:20 PM
When Celina finally wins their trophy in 3A they can thank the Hippos for sending Liberty Hill into the division I bracket!

alaskacat
11-20-2007, 09:06 PM
That I will do. Be nice to see ya. I think we should get together at Pennington so I will try to call you.

Cool I am going to go to Ruby Tuesdays for dinner and a beer..or two..or three:)

Bringing reinforcements this time!

If your coming from Celina bring me a new hat, I haven't got a chance to get one this year and I'll pay ya for it when I get there.

West22
11-20-2007, 09:43 PM
celina should not get to over confident ,west is primed for a big upset and this could be the last week for celina .west will come to play.

BILLYFRED0000
11-20-2007, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by West22
celina should not get to over confident ,west is primed for a big upset and this could be the last week for celina .west will come to play.

Hey you are listening to the fans here not the team. I know Troy Caleb Seth D'anton and a whole host of Bobcats are not overconfident yet plan on having Trojan stew. They are looking to play and expecting to win. It is not overconfidence. But there is a reason for that. They usually do win. Some of those guys have been playing together since 5th or 6th grade and have lost one or two games total in that time. They believe in their team, their coach, and their buddies and know just what they can do. There is a psychology to it. They believe. They expect to overcome every obstacle because they believe that Coach Ford and his staff will put them in the position to make plays and win games.
And Celina has been on quite a roll since 95 with 6 titles and a runner up.
Coach Ford has been here since 88 and has seen it all either as an assistant or now as the head coach. We want West to come out and play. You can only be the best if you beat the best.

LH Panther Mom
11-20-2007, 10:04 PM
Hey you are listening to the fans here not the team. I know Troy Caleb Seth D'anton and a whole host of Bobcats are not overconfident yet plan on having Trojan stew. They are looking to play and expecting to win. It is not overconfidence. But there is a reason for that. They usually do win. Some of those guys have been playing together since 5th or 6th grade and have lost one or two games total in that time. They believe in their team, their coach, and their buddies and know just what they can do. There is a psychology to it. They believe. They expect to overcome every obstacle because they believe that Coach Ford and his staff will put them in the position to make plays and win games.
And Celina has been on quite a roll since 95 with 6 titles and a runner up.
Coach Ford has been here since 88 and has seen it all either as an assistant or now as the head coach. We want West to come out and play. You can only be the best if you beat the best.
And there you have what I took from kep's original post. :)

BILLYFRED0000
11-20-2007, 10:08 PM
And there you have what I took from kep's original post. :)

Be nice Mom, I was just trying to explain
Celina a little. For some of us older heads it is alot like Permian MOJO back in the 70's and 80's when they seemed invincible. What do you call it? Faith, Belief, MOJO, whatever I don't know. But I was there then and saw it and am here now and see something like it. SLC has it as well. Now is that braggin, no. Disrespectful. No. It is something that I cannot explain nor even care to try. Someday it will be over and we will look back and wonder what happened. Now I just intend to enjoy the ride.

LH Panther Mom
11-20-2007, 10:11 PM
Celina a little.
I know.... :)

BILLYFRED0000
11-20-2007, 10:20 PM
I know.... :)

I want you to know that I am pulling for your band of brothers all the way. I had hoped for a rematch. Classics like last year happen once every seven or eight years at best. I happen to see Celina Mart and Celina GArrison and of course last year. All great games. I take Garrison first because we were behind when the fourth quarter started and scored twice to win while holding them down. Quan Cosby's Mart team well that was a great win. they were on a 40 game winning streak and we were on a 30. But for pure excitement and drama last year was a good as any. Good luck this year.
I hope your boys whip them all.

Emerson1
11-20-2007, 11:25 PM
no more of that.~sinton66

75009Football
11-21-2007, 08:48 AM
You have to admit, he has curbed WAY back from last season!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

It's still early in the playoffs yet. There's still hope.

75009Football
11-21-2007, 10:18 AM

It seems that most posters are of other schools/teams, rather than Celina.

We are Celina, We are proud!

:clap: [/B]

You are making entirely too much sense for us here Mom. But, ..., he's just trading one type of banter for another. Having fun.

75009Football
11-21-2007, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Buckeye80
When Celina finally wins their trophy in 3A they can thank the Hippos for sending Liberty Hill into the division I bracket!

Blame is the correct word since we now have to wait ANOTHER year to extract our revenge. Dang ya Hippos.

charlesrixey
11-21-2007, 11:04 AM
Celina was on a 40 game win-streak, Mart was on a 30-gamer

just had them reversed

Mart had rolled to the title the previous year, and lost by two in the semis the year prior

CelinaProud
11-21-2007, 02:04 PM
I have been monitoring this forum for the past two years. Truthfully, I don't chime in much because I only have a limited amount of true knowledge about the game. I read for the competition of it all and because some of the things said are hilarious! My son plays in Celina. Actually, we moved here for the school district AND the football two years ago. We came from Grapevine HS, a very large 5-A where my son was a starter (he's a junior now) since his 7th grade year. He also played ALL STARS as a youth and everyone in Grapevine told us what a football stud he was and would be.

Fast forward to Celina and just plainly put, a different kind of football game. My son has yet to make starter. He is back up and has been since we landed here. Now, I'd love to wax sentimental about how UNFAIR and BIASED these coaches in Celina are, and how my son's talent is just being overlooked, but that would be the BIGGEST crock. My son's a great player. I adore him. However, the Coaches, Ford, Elliot, et al, come to win and they don't play great, they play perfect. THEY ARE NOT conceited, biased, self-centered, braggards. They are DARN good, and as a newbie to this town, I think they (and their fans) have every right in the world to state that fact, just as often as Snyder, Liberty Hill or any other team/school. And I may not be a football expert, but my husband is, and he and I go to every game, and I listen to him tell me how the talent and coaching in Celina is unlike any other HS school he has ever seen, and he's seen most. He continually compares their ability to college level ability. It's rare and it's longstanding and while many others are just as good, even better maybe, Celina is a rarity and I, my family, my son especially, are proud to be here. By the way, do a search, as for blow-hards, each of these schools have plenty on this site. In fact, Celina fans have always seemed to me to be much less in-your-face confrontational than other teams represented here, which is another reason I appreciate these people and this town. The truth is, Dave Campbell (I think! I could be wrong!) started this war saying that Celina didn't/couldn't make a ripple in 3A, so Celina proved him, and others wrong. In doing that, maybe the city, the school, the team, felt they had been called TO prove something. But then, it aint bragging if you can do it:) And this is why I comment rarely!

pirate4state
11-21-2007, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by CelinaProud
I have been monitoring this forum for the past two years. Truthfully, I don't chime in much because I only have a limited amount of true knowledge about the game. I read for the competition of it all and because some of the things said are hilarious! My son plays in Celina. Actually, we moved here for the school district AND the football two years ago. We came from Grapevine HS, a very large 5-A where my son was a starter (he's a junior now) since his 7th grade year. He also played ALL STARS as a youth and everyone in Grapevine told us what a football stud he was and would be.

Fast forward to Celina and just plainly put, a different kind of football game. My son has yet to make starter. He is back up and has been since we landed here. Now, I'd love to wax sentimental about how UNFAIR and BIASED these coaches in Celina are, and how my son's talent is just being overlooked, but that would be the BIGGEST crock. My son's a great player. I adore him. However, the Coaches, Ford, Elliot, et al, come to win and they don't play great, they play perfect. THEY ARE NOT conceited, biased, self-centered, braggards. They are DARN good, and as a newbie to this town, I think they (and their fans) have every right in the world to state that fact, just as often as Snyder, Liberty Hill or any other team/school. And I may not be a football expert, but my husband is, and he and I go to every game, and I listen to him tell me how the talent and coaching in Celina is unlike any other HS school he has ever seen, and he's seen most. He continually compares their ability to college level ability. It's rare and it's longstanding and while many others are just as good, even better maybe, Celina is a rarity and I, my family, my son especially, are proud to be here. By the way, do a search, as for blow-hards, each of these schools have plenty on this site. In fact, Celina fans have always seemed to me to be much less in-your-face confrontational than other teams represented here, which is another reason I appreciate these people and this town. The truth is, Dave Campbell (I think! I could be wrong!) started this war saying that Celina didn't/couldn't make a ripple in 3A, so Celina proved him, and others wrong. In doing that, maybe the city, the school, the team, felt they had been called TO prove something. But then, it aint bragging if you can do it:) And this is why I comment rarely!

:eek: :speech: :eek: :speech: :helpme: :helpme:

DaHop72
11-21-2007, 02:51 PM
My son plays in Celina. Actually, we moved here for the school district AND the football two years ago.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

:devil: :D

LH Panther Mom
11-21-2007, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

:devil: :D
:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

44INAROW
11-21-2007, 03:19 PM
so it IS true :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :D

pirate4state
11-21-2007, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
so it IS true :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :D I'll just use one of YOUR favorite words ===== MERCY! :evillol:

gatordaze
11-21-2007, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
so it IS true :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :D

Celina is fortunate to be in the North Texas growth path. As families move out of Frisco that now has 100,000 people, many are making choices between Prosper, Celina and Gunter.

When my family was to make the choice, football tradition and community were HUGE factors. I am proud to say that we chose Celina and are happy to become a part of this phenomenon. My Family loves it here and cannot wait till our sons get a chance to play on Friday nights!

PS. I already had a job and make my own house payments every month:D

Go Bobcats!!!!

75009Football
11-21-2007, 03:42 PM
Celina a little. For some of us older heads it is alot like Permian MOJO back in the 70's and 80's when they seemed invincible......

I was in district 4-5A in late 70's and early 80's with another Bobcat bunch out of San Angelo. Graduated in 81 and we went 10-0 that year, 10 losses and 0 wins. Hated Permiam then, just hated them.

Now cheer for new set of Bobcats. For all on the other side, been there, but its a lot more fun over here.

44INAROW
11-21-2007, 03:53 PM
Celina is fortunate to be in the North Texas growth path. As families move out of Frisco that now has 100,000 people, many are making choices between Prosper, Celina and Gunter.

When my family was to make the choice, football tradition and community were HUGE factors. I am proud to say that we chose Celina and are happy to become a part of this phenomenon. My Family loves it here and cannot wait till our sons get a chance to play on Friday nights!

PS. I already had a job and make my own house payments every month:D

Go Bobcats!!!!
that is fortunate for Celina

CelinaProud
11-21-2007, 05:05 PM
Please, we left Grapevine because of DRUGS.....Ummmm maybe you heard a thing or two about steroids (the summer before we made the decision to leave) in Colleyville-Heritage HS, which was 6 miles from our home and two miles from GHS. We were looking for a much smaller school district, and yes, we wanted to play for people who knew how to win, so we looked at several possibilities in the DFW area. Our goal was a good school district FIRST, safety second, reasonable housing, proximity to work AND THEN FOOTBALL. You don't relocate for a team. At least we didn't and I haven't met one parent here that did. We relocated for the atmosphere, for the safety, for the ethics and yeah, for the tradition. Besides, I said my son was a back-up....those he backs up have played together since 5th grade little league and they play Celina ball better than any of the newcomers-even my son:) For now that is.....

BILLYFRED0000
11-21-2007, 05:49 PM
Please, we left Grapevine because of DRUGS.....Ummmm maybe you heard a thing or two about steroids (the summer before we made the decision to leave) in Colleyville-Heritage HS, which was 6 miles from our home and two miles from GHS. We were looking for a much smaller school district, and yes, we wanted to play for people who knew how to win, so we looked at several possibilities in the DFW area. Our goal was a good school district FIRST, safety second, reasonable housing, proximity to work AND THEN FOOTBALL. You don't relocate for a team. At least we didn't and I haven't met one parent here that did. We relocated for the atmosphere, for the safety, for the ethics and yeah, for the tradition. Besides, I said my son was a back-up....those he backs up have played together since 5th grade little league and they play Celina ball better than any of the newcomers-even my son:) For now that is.....

Thanks for the post. I have told people that move -in's contribute but rarely start for a year sometimes two and sometimes never. When you talk to these other schools and teams they have no idea what Celina ball is. I quit trying to explain but once in a while I try again. But people don't understand and cannot till they move here and become part of the system. Dru Prosser is a red shirt freshman this year at ACU and will play there. He was born and raised in Celina and his older brothers both have rings here too. And that is alot of the kind of kids we have in the system most of the time. Bobcat1 has a son that is a good backup and he moved here a couple of years ago. I wish his son could have gotten here a little sooner. He shows some real promise but did not get the coaching he needed elsewhere. I had one coach who started here tell me that they were coaching things to the Bobcats that he did not see in college. Again thanks for the post and I hope your boy gets a ring.

kepdawg
11-21-2007, 05:57 PM
Celina does have one of the best coaching staffs.

Now I present an opportunity for those who wish to explain Celina football.

What is it that the coaches are doing that is not seen in some colleges?

BILLYFRED0000
11-21-2007, 06:04 PM

I am not qualified to explain what one guy said to me. But his words were to the effect that what he was coached at college was not as advanced as some techiques and schemes as was taught in the Celina system. But I could not give you specifics since I did not play for either group.

75009Football
11-21-2007, 06:30 PM

Them teach God, Community, and Team as one and no one player will ever be above any of that, but they are ALL a part of it all and have a responsibility to each.

Football is X's and O's. It's how you get more out of the talent you are dealt each year and how you prepared that talent the year before and the year before that.

BILLYFRED0000
11-21-2007, 06:36 PM
Like the man said.

Tradition never graduates.

WE DON'T REBUILD..... WE RELOAD

Bobcat_Mom
11-21-2007, 08:30 PM

I ditto that!

Time to Finish It!

BILLYFRED0000
11-21-2007, 09:56 PM
I ditto that!

Time to Finish It!

+1

alaskacat
11-21-2007, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by West22

Just get the BB pump ready, they gonna need it Wast22...youwill have to put it to use first thing Monday morning.:)

alaskacat
11-21-2007, 10:09 PM

Hey Celina Proud...I think you fit right in here:)

Great Job of getting it all right:)

CelinaProud
11-21-2007, 11:11 PM
We love it here. We have since we got here. It would be hard not to and I am just sorry that everyone chiming in doesn't get the experience first hand. Also, what was said about Celina ball being a different form of the game is awesomely TRUE. My son, my husband and I talk about it constantly. The coaching, the plays, the work-outs, the training, the ethics, the drive....if my son never makes starter here, the experience has made him a better person and has changed his thought process in the most positive of ways. As a parent, for that, I'm thrilled. Celina has done more for my child's character in two years than Grapevine did in eight years of ego-stroking. However, bring on that state ring! God bless him, he's already got the one he wants picked out!

pirate4state
11-21-2007, 11:14 PM
We love it here. We have since we got here. It would be hard not to and I am just sorry that everyone chiming in doesn't get the experience first hand. Also, what was said about Celina ball being a different form of the game is awesomely TRUE. My son, my husband and I talk about it constantly. The coaching, the plays, the work-outs, the training, the ethics, the drive....if my son never makes starter here, the experience has made him a better person and has changed his thought process in the most positive of ways. As a parent, for that, I'm thrilled. Celina has done more for my child's character in two years than Grapevine did in eight years of ego-stroking. However, bring on that state ring! God bless him, he's already got the one he wants picked out!

Daddy D 11
11-21-2007, 11:15 PM
good posts CelinaProud :clap:

bobcat1
11-21-2007, 11:17 PM
We love it here. We have since we got here. It would be hard not to and I am just sorry that everyone chiming in doesn't get the experience first hand. Also, what was said about Celina ball being a different form of the game is awesomely TRUE. My son, my husband and I talk about it constantly. The coaching, the plays, the work-outs, the training, the ethics, the drive....if my son never makes starter here, the experience has made him a better person and has changed his thought process in the most positive of ways. As a parent, for that, I'm thrilled. Celina has done more for my child's character in two years than Grapevine did in eight years of ego-stroking. However, bring on that state ring! God bless him, he's already got the one he wants picked out! I agree whole heartedly. My son doesn't start either. He is 6'6 240 and will play college ball. He is so much better for being here the last 2 years. The kids in front of him have been here their whole life and are AWESOME ball players. He is getting some awesome coaching right now and I have seen lots of College coaching and he is getting at least that here.

BobcatBenny
11-21-2007, 11:30 PM
Well, yet again Celina leads in the statstics category nearly doubling the number of views by Liberty Hill, but eventhough Liberty Hill was slow in getting their scoring going, they now lead on the posting score board.

The drama unfolds. Can Celina make a comeback?

My prediction is this. Liberty Hill will pull it out on a last second rundoe barage! :D

its_n_D_water
11-22-2007, 01:33 AM
This thread reminds of the movie "Skulls" any body ever seen it?

BobcatBenny
11-22-2007, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by its_n_D_water
This thread reminds of the movie "Skulls" any body ever seen it?
If you mean, "The Skulls", then yeah.

The Skulls is a thinly veiled allusion to one of the purportedly most secret of all secret societies, Skull and Bones, the Yale group to which George Bush (the former president) belonged. You know all about those secret societies; they breed smart, rich young men who will put other smart, rich young men in power, and then those men will put other smart, rich young men in power, and so forth and yadda yadda yadda. You can find out all sorts of things about Skull and Bones online, and I suppose there's a chance some of those things are actually true. But for the purposes of this movie - and this review - suffice to say that The Skulls is a small group mostly made up of rich white kids who get paid scholarships, free cars, free women, the whole works. And what does this secret society ask for in return? Unbound loyalty, of course. Unquestioning and absolute loyalty, kind of like the Mob, really, only the Mob is more overtly criminal.

The story focuses on Luke, a townie at Yale University. Luke wants to go to law school, but the tuition's a little high. He's parentless and low on funds, so of course he's prime pickings for The Skulls. Will he join them? Darn tootin' he will, despite the protests of his best friend and this hot young blonde he likes. They try to reason with him, believing their friendship is stronger than his need to be a lawyer, but they're wrong. If they were right, we'd have no movie.

So he joins, and wouldn't you know it, all kinds of bad things happen to poor Luke. There's murder, there's corruption, and gosh and golly, our boy just doesn't know who to trust. More twists than a Poe novel; the only problem is, they're not believable twists. If you're cynical about this kind of movie (as I am), you'll laugh out loud many times, both at the acting and the dialogue. The worst offense is in the timing, quite frankly. At no point are we led to believe that this society could be a GOOD thing. We know immediately it's bad. See, I think to be truly sinister you need to wear a mask of credibility. If I already know how bad you are, I won't be as afraid of you or as startled when you actually do something despicable.

This is a real chucklefest, in the same vein as Final Destination, Urban Legends, I Know What You Did Last Summer (both movies), and even the Scream movies, which I didn't care for (but I know many of you did, so whatcha gonna do). You have an attractive cast spouting incredible lines in unbelievable situations. The old moviegoer in us wonders what Jimmy Stewart or Gregory Peck would have done in this movie when they were younger (and, in Stewart's case, alive), but that's probably a philosophical debate best left to denizens of the old critics' home. As for me, I'd say pass on The Skulls - it's as hollow as its name might imply.

Author: Dan Franzen (dfranzen70) from United States -- http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0192614/

BILLYFRED0000
11-22-2007, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by bobcat1
I agree whole heartedly. My son doesn't start either. He is 6'6 240 and will play college ball. He is so much better for being here the last 2 years. The kids in front of him have been here their whole life and are AWESOME ball players. He is getting some awesome coaching right now and I have seen lots of College coaching and he is getting at least that here.

Yeah your boy sure looks good. Like I said earlier I wish you could have gotten here a couple of years earlier. He as the makings of a good ball player. Glad ya got here when ya did. :)

BobcatBenny
11-22-2007, 01:21 PM
Well, when you have the uncontested best coaching staff in the state of Texas, parents can always find the good their kids are experiencing whether they are starting or just playing a role.

I know the Lynn's have worked through some injuries, but I think they must be some of the most patient parents. For most of the season their son although starting has been playing half as much as he would be on any other team in the state.

And many other kids are getting very little playing time. But it is that great unity of community and spirit that makes Celina such a great sports town.

Bobcat_Mom
11-22-2007, 02:53 PM

I couldn't have said that more perfectly myself.

I soooo agree!

BobcatBenny
11-22-2007, 03:29 PM
Go Bobcat Mom!

Go Turkey!

Go Cowboys!

Go Celina!

. . . and most importantly thank God for His immeasurable blessings!

Neighbors.
Friends.
Family.

BILLYFRED0000
11-22-2007, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
Go Bobcat Mom!

Go Turkey!

Go Cowboys!

Go Celina!

Neighbors.
Friends.
Family.

Amen and pass the hat Benny....

Bobcat_Mom
11-22-2007, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
Go Bobcat Mom!

Go Turkey!

Go Cowboys!

Go Celina!

Neighbors.
Friends.
Family.

Two thumbs up BC Benny!

;) :clap: