PDA

View Full Version : Mathis vs Cuero

CueroGobblers
11-14-2007, 11:55 PM
After looking at videos of Mathis games and seeing scouting reports, Gobbler Head Coach Mark Reeve reports the Pirates run the same type offense as Liberty Hill which Cuero played earlier this season."They utilize a big fullback as their main rusher," he said,"Defensively, they are similar to the three teams we've played. They like to blitz. They are not big but they are quick.

While the Gobblers met goliad's Tigers for the final conference of the season, Mathis meth the Tigers early in the season and won the encounter 32-19.

Through 10 games the Pirates have score 256 points while giving up 172

Its going to be a good game get there soon and get your popcorn ready!!!:clap: :clap:

44INAROW
11-15-2007, 12:32 AM
Didn't I hear somewhere that Mathis' fullback was out (injured I believe) for the 1st 3 or so games? They've been pretty successful since he's been back. Not sure where I heard that... anyway .. I agree -should be a good game. It's the playoff - throw the record books out the window - we're in a whole new season..

GO MEAN GREEN

CueroGobblers
11-15-2007, 12:59 AM
He was out I think for 1 or 2 weeks didn't play against West Oso, I think that if he would have played that game that Mathis would have probably have won. Lost that game 6-0. yea I know!! It's going to be a good game hes rush over 1,000 and the other backs are about 800 or less. We have backs that can take it the distance. Its all ball control from now on. Thats my kind of football!

R4Editor
11-15-2007, 01:03 AM
Mathis against West Oso played without Rb Chris Veliz and their next 2 backs played very little during that game. They went with their 4 th string back in their 6-0 loss to West Oso. Mathis is a big underdog in this game and unless they force the Gobblers to make mistake and turn the ball over it could be a long night trying to stop Cuero. I'll be there and hope to see a good game and who knows maybe a upset.

SiNtOnFaN07
11-15-2007, 02:20 PM
Yea im from sinton and should be backing the people in our district but i just dont see how Mathis is going to pull through to beat Cuero....Cuero is a pretty good team!!!

Well good luck to both teams....lets see who wins!

Johnny Utah
11-15-2007, 03:19 PM
The FB's older brother was a standout running back on Mathis's State Finalist Team in 1999.

Blastoderm55
11-15-2007, 06:33 PM
Yup. He'll end up being a three-year starter just like his older brother Clyde. He was a tailback though. Chris is a fullback and is a hoss.

CueroDad2006
11-15-2007, 09:11 PM
I REALLY CAN'T SEE MATHIS STOPPING CUERO AT ALL, THERE HAS YET TO BE ANYONE WHO CAN, I AM SURE MATHIS WILL SCORE A TIME OR TWO, BUT IN THE END THE SPEED WILL BE UNLIKE ANYONE THEY HAVE SEEN. THIS GAME WILL END UP IN THE MID TO UPPER 50'S WITH MATHIS HAVING A HARD TIME SCORING TO KEEP UP.

AP Panther Fan
11-15-2007, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by CueroDad2006
I REALLY CAN'T SEE MATHIS STOPPING CUERO AT ALL, THERE HAS YET TO BE ANYONE WHO CAN, I AM SURE MATHIS WILL SCORE A TIME OR TWO, BUT IN THE END THE SPEED WILL BE UNLIKE ANYONE THEY HAVE SEEN. THIS GAME WILL END UP IN THE MID TO UPPER 50'S WITH MATHIS HAVING A HARD TIME SCORING TO KEEP UP.

Duly noted...;)

CueroGobblers
11-15-2007, 11:30 PM
Hey CueroDad, much respect to Cuero but Mathis is just trying to get it together. Yeah we're small but we're quick thats what Coach Reeve said. I don't think that Mathis will give up 50 points to ya maybe half of that. I think its going to be a low scoring game 28-12 something like that but this feels weird like its setting up to be an upset. We haven't had one of those in a while. Hey Liberty Hill and bay city beat ya what makes you think that mathis can't follow those footsteps Huh? Huh? LOL

Gobbla2001
11-15-2007, 11:35 PM
I won't even comment on what I think will happen in this game... never been too cocky on here and not about to be... but in my mind
:devil:

Gobbla2001
11-15-2007, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by CueroGobblers
Hey CueroDad, much respect to Cuero but Mathis is just trying to get it together. Yeah we're small but we're quick thats what Coach Reeve said. I don't think that Mathis will give up 50 points to ya maybe half of that. I think its going to be a low scoring game 28-12 something like that but this feels weird like its setting up to be an upset. We haven't had one of those in a while. Hey Liberty Hill and bay city beat ya what makes you think that mathis can't follow those footsteps Huh? Huh? LOL

You can have your location set to "Cuero, TX" all you want, but if you're gunna have "CueroGobblers" as your user name, drop the "we"/"we're"-talk when referring to Mathis... sayin'...

I'm thinking MathisPirates would have been a more fitting username...

AP Panther Fan
11-15-2007, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I won't even comment on what I think will happen in this game... never been too cocky on here and not about to be... but in my mind
:devil:

YOU...are the kind of poster I like....I just can't stand the cocky "stuff"...a few (no just one) more person should take a lesson or two from ya.:)

44INAROW
11-15-2007, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
YOU...are the kind of poster I like....I just can't stand the cocky "stuff"...a few (no just one) more person should take a lesson or two from ya.:)
I was going to post a "disclaimer" that all post do not reflect the opinions of everyone from Cuero, but I think you already know that ;)

Gobbla2001
11-16-2007, 12:01 AM
You can have your location set to "Cuero, TX" all you want, but if you're gunna have "CueroGobblers" as your user name, drop the "we"/"we're"-talk when referring to Mathis... sayin'...

but I do enjoy Lake Corpus Christi :D

IHStangFan
11-16-2007, 12:03 AM
There is a very good chance this will be the game I'm gonna be listening to tomorrow night...depends on which feeds I can or can't find. :)

R4Editor
11-16-2007, 12:04 AM
I just want tickets to the game :D, if sold out i will keep driving to Victoria :D

44INAROW
11-16-2007, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
There is a very good chance this will be the game I'm gonna be listening to tomorrow night...depends on which feeds I can or can't find. :) if you're driving - you should be able to catch the game on 100.9 within a 60 mile radius of Victoria and of course online if you don't make it out of town gobblersports.com

CueroGobblers
11-16-2007, 01:07 AM

Hey I grad from there so I have to back my school up. I live here in cuero son so don't tell me what I should do. I m just here to have some fun and a rookie like you has to come along and mess it up. Remind me of my kids dang.

Gobbla2001
11-16-2007, 01:11 AM
Hey I grad from there so I have to back my school up. I live here in cuero son so don't tell me what I should do. I m just here to have some fun and a rookie like you has to come along and mess it up. Remind me of my kids dang.

just saying... do like maroogreen... be "CueroPirates" or "MathisGobblers" or something... but don't post "we, we're" all year in reference to Cuero and then bust "we" "we're" when talkin' bout mathis... I get confused easily...

and rookie? ha, what's that mean? pretty sure I helped create this site... but I may be confused again...

CueroGobblers
11-16-2007, 01:13 AM
I use that term alot when I play madden online. I tend to get off track once and a while. sometimes I just have to defend myself no hard feelings.

Gobbla2001
11-16-2007, 01:15 AM
I use that term alot when I play madden online. I tend to get off track once and a while. sometimes I just have to defend myself no hard feelings.

no hard feelings here either... it's cold I can't feel anything...

gtown
11-16-2007, 09:29 AM
Good Luck tonight Gobblers. I take Cuero by 21. To stay in the game Mathis will have to make zero mistakes and thats just to stay in the game, not win.

Daddy D 11
11-16-2007, 10:01 AM
is it true that the sophomore QB for Cuero didnt throw a interception all regular season? heard a rumor from yalls center and was like :eek:

that kid is for real

pirate4state
11-16-2007, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by gtown
Good Luck tonight Gobblers. I take Cuero by 21. To stay in the game Mathis will have to make zero mistakes and thats just to stay in the game, not win. I agree and I think Mathis coughs up the ball some. If that happens and Cuero recovers --- look out! :eek: :doh:

GreenMachine
11-16-2007, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
is it true that the sophomore QB for Cuero didnt throw a interception all regular season? heard a rumor from yalls center and was like :eek:

that kid is for real I think he threw 17 td's and no int's...I think. He is REALLY good and has a canon for an arm.

Old Green
11-16-2007, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11

that kid is for real Yes he has not thrown an interception so far. He has a 69.4 percent completion rate and the states highest proficiency rating of 144.5

GreenMachine
11-16-2007, 12:17 PM
According to theVictoria Advocate this morning... Arndt had thrown for 1,731 yds. He has thrown 18 td's and 0 int's. He also has a 70% completion percentage. :thumbsup:

44INAROW
11-16-2007, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
I think he threw 17 td's and no int's...I think. He is REALLY good and has a canon for an arm.
and wasn't he Newcomer of the Year for the Victoria Advocate in baseball this past spring? Hope he continues on this pace :)

CueroDad2006
11-16-2007, 03:20 PM

Well lets see,Odem walked all over you,Do you really beleave the owls could come close to Cuero?If you say maybe or yes,your in la la land.And give me some of that your smoking.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-16-2007, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by CueroDad2006
Well lets see,Odem walked all over you,Do you really beleave the owls could come close to Cuero?If you say maybe or yes,your in la la land.And give me some of that your smoking. Earlier games in the season dont mean much, its how have they been playing last few weeks and they been playing better.Is Mathis Good enough to win?, i'll hit the lotto before that happens :).

KingRob
11-16-2007, 06:42 PM

I know you said you were sticking with your Alma Mater, but this is getting a little ridiculous! Deep down , I think you even know the deal. Mathis won't keep up with Cuero. In regards to all that 7 stuff, well, maybe y'all will score 7!

KingRob
11-16-2007, 06:43 PM
Almost forgot:

Cuero - 54
Mathis - 14

LET'S GO CUERO!!
:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

NewYorkYankee
11-16-2007, 06:52 PM
Best of luck to both teams..Go Gobblers! Hope to see a match up with you all in Round 2! Git Er Done!

CueroGobblers
11-17-2007, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by KingRob
Almost forgot:

Cuero - 54
Mathis - 14

LET'S GO CUERO!!
:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl: Whatever rookie hey Bin Laden is looking for you sol ga lolol

44INAROW
11-17-2007, 12:49 AM
Whatever rookie hey Bin Laden is looking for you sol ga lolol

nevermind.. not going to stoop to his level:rolleyes:

CueroDad2006
11-17-2007, 12:57 AM
I was just a little off the mid 50's prediction. But I did say Mathis would score a time or two..

gobbler grad
11-17-2007, 12:59 AM
didn't think they would put 60 plus on them...:thinking:

KingRob
11-17-2007, 11:47 AM
Congratulations on the win Gobblers!

I was pretty close with my prediction....

Gobbla2001
11-17-2007, 11:50 AM

that's just hilarious :confused:

someone make them change their username... makes me sick...

KingRob
11-17-2007, 12:00 PM

I was going to say something, but I don't get it. What is sol ga? Am I missing something here? I didn't know old Bin was looking for me. Somebody needs to tell me these things. I wonder why he's looking for me? :confused:

No need to change his username now. Mathis is out, so he's back to being a Gobbler fan. 100 points and he's calling people rookies. There always has to be one in a crowd.:rolleyes:

garciap77
11-17-2007, 12:16 PM
Great win! Good luck with PI game!

Old Green
11-17-2007, 12:18 PM
I was going to say something, but I don't get it. What is sol ga? Am I missing something here? I didn't know old Bin was looking for me. Somebody needs to tell me these things. I wonder why he's looking for me? :confused:

No need to change his username now. Mathis is out, so he's back to being a Gobbler fan. 100 points and he's calling people rookies. There always has to be one in a crowd.:rolleyes: He came up with that name a couple years ago to goad the Sinton fans. Even claimed he was a coach, which he wasn't. If he lived in Cuero or the Victoria area , he would have known what the Gobblers were like.;)

GreenMachine
11-17-2007, 01:08 PM
Hey CueroDad, much respect to Cuero but Mathis is just trying to get it together. Yeah we're small but we're quick thats what Coach Reeve said. I don't think that Mathis will give up 50 points to ya maybe half of that. I think its going to be a low scoring game 28-12 something like that but this feels weird like its setting up to be an upset. We haven't had one of those in a while. Hey Liberty Hill and bay city beat ya what makes you think that mathis can't follow those footsteps Huh? Huh? LOL So, did you mean "half of 50 points" or "50 points in a half"? :D

CueroGobblers
11-17-2007, 01:46 PM

No need to change his username now. Mathis is out, so he's back to being a Gobbler fan. 100 points and he's calling people rookies. There always has to be one in a crowd.:rolleyes:
Hey man ya sound so stupid a win is a win so move on Mathis is a third place team what are the odds of us beating a caliber team like Cuero? so get over it and move on chump.Act your age please your making Cuero and the community look bad.Grow up son! OK! =========)

gobbler grad
11-17-2007, 01:53 PM
Hey man ya sound so stupid a win is a win so move on Mathis is a third place team what are the odds of us beating a caliber team like Cuero? so get over it and move on chump.Act your age please your making Cuero and the community look bad.Grow up son! OK! =========)

VICE-VERSA...let's move on...:wave:

LH Panther Mom
11-17-2007, 02:04 PM
Who's making who look bad????? :doh: :doh:

sol ga??? :thinking: :thinking: I remember a "solja" from the 'Ro.... :thinking: :thinking:

KingRob
11-17-2007, 02:05 PM

You sound slow, and uneducated. Probably a wannabe gangsta. :rolleyes:

CueroGobblers
11-17-2007, 02:38 PM
You sound slow, and uneducated. Probably a wannabe gangsta. :rolleyes:
Me a wannabe gangsta LMAO!!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Im a 30 yr old man I don't have time for those games son. Me a gangsta LMAO!!!!!! Like I said grow up son or girl whatever you are! Me a gangsta LMAO! Downlow website is turning our to be a comedy website LOLOL!!!

Gobbla2001
11-17-2007, 02:42 PM
Downlow website is turning our to be a comedy website LOLOL!!!

for reals, right? you're kinda funny too... kinda like the Canadian accent...

KingRob
11-17-2007, 02:47 PM
That's what you sound like. Your typing doesn't do you any favors. You should've finished your education. So, you're 30 and still going around calling people names (rookie, chump, son), when do you plan on maturing a little? I'm not going to stoop to your level, but just to let you know, you could be MY son. I'm just a bit older than you.

CHSfan
11-17-2007, 03:44 PM

i am not goin to say im mad but i am upset at the fact that ur name says cuerogobblers when u wanted mathis to win and and were saying that they are goin to follow in bay city and LH's footsteps!!.....the reason this upsets me so much is because i AM a true gobbler!! i am in athletics and i play sports and go to all of the games as not only an athlete but a fan as well and when i see that someone who is calling themselves a CUERO GOBBLER i expect them to back it up will full support and not goin around saying go pirates.....make up your mind!! a gobbler...or not!?

HM33
11-17-2007, 04:22 PM
So where and who is Cuero playing this next week???

IHStangFan
11-17-2007, 04:25 PM
it smells like Vaseline in here.....

JT44
11-17-2007, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by HM33

come on man, I thought you knew.....check the reg 4 gotw

PI vs Cuero, next friday at buc stadium in cc 7:30

JT44
11-17-2007, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by HM33

Johnny 5
11-17-2007, 05:15 PM
for reals, right? you're kinda funny too... kinda like the Canadian accent... L\What are we talking aboot?

Those Gobblers are something else, eh?

HM33
11-17-2007, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by JT44

LoL, i really wasn't paying attention. Next time I will look better :P