PDA

View Full Version : Liberty-Eylau vs Gilmer

loyalleopard
11-14-2007, 11:48 PM
Ok, what is everyones opinion on this one?

LH Panther Mom
11-15-2007, 12:03 AM
I think Gilmer will be itching for some payback. Best of luck, Leopards!

JR2004
11-15-2007, 12:04 AM
Gilmer...Expect a heavy dose of payback this year from the Buckeyes.

kepdawg
11-15-2007, 12:14 AM
TLE wins :)

JR2004
11-15-2007, 12:15 AM
I'd expect Gilmer to probably win going away by at least 25 or so.

DU_stud04
11-15-2007, 12:16 AM
no mistakes, no mercy. gilmer takes it by 35+

Rattlesnake_08
11-15-2007, 01:04 AM
I see it this way...Both of the defending State Champs are in D1, and look for Liberty-Eylau to take out the giant in the first round and then making a good run. Maybe this is wishful thinking, but I would love nothing more than the two defending State Champs to meet up in the finals.

Liberty-Eylau 28

Gilmer 21

txkmom
11-15-2007, 10:38 AM
LE has definitely had a more inconsistent year in '07, but, believe me, they have a gameplan, and they have the athletes. Once again, I believe it will be about executing the gameplan, capitalizing on the opponent's mistakes, and avoiding making mistakes. These things will be our savior or our downfall. The potential is there ... and as always, I support my Leopards!

pirate4state
11-15-2007, 10:40 AM
It could get interesting. :thinking:

Txbroadcaster
11-15-2007, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by txkmom
LE has definitely had a more inconsistent year in '07, but, believe me, they have a gameplan, and they have the athletes. Once again, I believe it will be about executing the gameplan, capitalizing on the opponent's mistakes, and avoiding making mistakes. These things will be our savior or our downfall. The potential is there ... and as always, I support my Leopards!

Yes but IMO they are still missing the qualities your son had at QB, not just his physical skills, but his leadership and ability to pull the team onto his back when needed.

Plus his punting, he could dominate Field Position with his leg alone

3afan
11-15-2007, 10:51 AM
Gilmer 45, L-E 7

Aesculus gilmus
11-15-2007, 11:06 AM
Gilmer has just about NO CHANCE at all. Just ask our coach. He is literally beside himself over this.

He and his staff are telling everyone that the Leopards should be HEAVILY favored to win this game and that the Buckeyes have to play an ABSOLUTELY PERFECT game and even then it probably won't be enough.

lostaussie
11-15-2007, 11:20 AM
I'll just sit back and shut my mouth. when it's over I'll either be ...............:D or :(

Martian Man
11-15-2007, 11:25 AM
Should be a good game.
Go Buckeyes

Gilmer 28
LE 21

ronwx5x
11-15-2007, 11:28 AM
Pigskin Prep says Gilmer by 21.

Texasfootball2
11-15-2007, 11:29 AM
Here's my take.....

LE has been inconsistant this year. But they won't have any trouble convincing their kids that they can win this game. If LE has enough athletes somewhat match up with Gilmer then this game could be a barn burner. On the other hand, the Buckeye's will be motivated because of last years upset loss. Gilmer is probably the better team here, but they were probably the better team last year. If Gilmer can come out and take care of business early in this game, this could be a double digit win, but if the allow LE to have success early in this game, they will once again believe they can win, this game could be a close one.

Having said all that, I think Gilmer will take care of their business. Gilmer by 14:D

pirate4state
11-15-2007, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
I'll just sit back and shut my mouth. when it's over I'll either be ...............:D or :( Uh huh .... :kiss:

Martian Man
11-15-2007, 11:42 AM
Don't overlook LE's record. Last year they were 6 and 4 when Gilmer met them in the playoffs. This year it's 5 and 5. Gilmer won't underestimate them. I don't think it'll be a blow out either way...but definitely a nail biter...worth every penny. (Better get there early... it'll be the last game for one team!) ;)

waterboy
11-15-2007, 11:52 AM
Mistakes cost the Buckeyes last year's game. The two turnovers in the third period and critical penalties against Gilmer on 3rd down and 4th down when they had the Leopards stopped were just too much to overcome against a good Liberty-Eylau team last year. If it weren't for those mistakes, I think Gilmer would have cruised. I also think they took the Leopards too lightly, too.

This year is different. The Buckeyes WILL NOT take the Leopards too lightly this year. Whether they will win this game or not, it won't be for that reason. The Buckeyes are a MUCH better team this year than last. The offense is more balanced and the DEFENSE is much better. I'll go with the Buckeyes to win this one going away.

ronwx5x
11-15-2007, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Martian Man
Don't overlook LE's record. Last year they were 6 and 4 when Gilmer met them in the playoffs. This year it's 5 and 5. Gilmer won't underestimate them. I don't think it'll be a blow out either way...but definitely a nail biter...worth every penny. (Better get there early... it'll be the last game for one team!) ;)
I believe LE was 7-3 when they played Gilmer in 2006. They had lost to Wimberley, Mt. Pleasant, and Atlanta.

Martian Man
11-15-2007, 01:01 PM
I believe LE was 7-3 when they played Gilmer in 2006. They had lost to Wimberley, Mt. Pleasant, and Atlanta.

Yeah, you're right. I could've gone back and looked. My bad.

You're right about the turnovers, too. Gilmer averaged 1 turnover a game last season and then gave up 3 in that one game. LE had none.

(But that was last year! LOL!) :D This is a new year! Round 2 - ding ding

KngKongInDTrunk
11-15-2007, 01:44 PM
Where is LE and what is their record?

pirate4state
11-15-2007, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by KngKongInDTrunk
Where is LE and what is their record?

On the Texas/Arkansas border, they are 5-5

Aesculus gilmus
11-15-2007, 02:15 PM
LE is in Texarkana and is 5-5.

They have won Class 3A Div I state title twice (1999 and 2006), so I don't know what else the Leopards have to do to get on the map, so to speak.

ronwx5x
11-15-2007, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
LE is in Texarkana and is 5-5.

They have won Class 3A Div I state title twice (1999 and 2006), so I don't know what else the Leopards have to do to get on the map, so to speak.
I know LE is a separate school district, but are they in the city limits of Texarkana? Often see them listed as Texakana Liberty Eylau.

txkmom
11-15-2007, 03:09 PM
The Texas side has 3 districts: 4A Texarkana/Texas High (central txk), 3A Pleasant Grove (N of I-30), and 3A T/LE (SW txk). The town straddles the state line, and Arkansas High is on the East side.

Texasfootball2
11-15-2007, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
I know LE is a separate school district, but are they in the city limits of Texarkana? Often see them listed as Texakana Liberty Eylau.

Sounds a lot like Abilene Wylie:D

ronwx5x
11-15-2007, 04:01 PM
The Texas side has 3 districts: 4A Texarkana/Texas High (central txk), 3A Pleasant Grove (N of I-30), and 3A T/LE (SW txk). The town straddles the state line, and Arkansas High is on the East side.
Looks like PG and LE are in the same district and play every year. Neither plays Arkansas High or Texas High.

Is the Texas High / Arkansas High game a big rivalry?

txkmom
11-15-2007, 08:44 PM
THigh/Ark High is HUGE each year. There's a week of revelry and rivalry, especially up and down Stateline Avenue, which divides the town. THigh has a bacon fry (AHS is the Razorbacks) every year and there are some really awful t-shirts printed. It can get ugly. Texas High simply has all of us outnumbered and LE has not played them the last few years. I don't know if PG ever has. PG and LE have serious rivalries in all sports - many of the kids have been to school together at some point or have good friends at the other school (my kids do).

Aesculus gilmus
11-16-2007, 09:33 AM
Why does Atlanta play Texas High then?

Gluttons for punishment maybe?

Buckeye1980
11-16-2007, 05:07 PM
I love my Buckeyes, always will, but this game has me scared , as last year did. LE is loaded with athletes , and you CANNOT make mistakes against athletic teams. I will be there, I will be bitng nails, I believe Gilmer will win , I would give anything to be on the field fighting for my Buckeyes , 27 years after graduating , I still get chills when I hear the fight song . I LOVE this time of year!

SNYDER325TIGERS
11-16-2007, 05:13 PM
Gilmer will shut down LE for sure.

Gilmer 52

LE 17

lostaussie
11-16-2007, 05:44 PM
Rooooooooooollllllllllllllllll TIDE!!!!!!!!!!

oops.............wrong team:D
GO BUCKEYES talk to ya'll later, I'm off to the game!!!!!!!!

alaskacat
11-16-2007, 05:51 PM
Gilmer by 19

j_dog
11-16-2007, 06:32 PM
txkmom, good luck to your team! :)