PDA

View Full Version : It started snowing about an hour ago here in San Antone!

SintonFan
02-14-2004, 01:29 AM
Wheeeee!
I am not on acid folks. I woke my kids up for this and are having some fun.

<small>[ February 14, 2004, 12:33 AM: Message edited by: SintonFan ]</small>

3afan2K3
02-14-2004, 01:38 AM
SintonFan:
Wheeeee!
I am not on acid folks. I woke my kids up for this and are having some fun.you woke your kids up in the middle of the night to play in the snow?

SintonFan
02-14-2004, 02:33 AM
3afan2K3:

SintonFan:
Wheeeee!
I am not on acid folks. I woke my kids up for this and are having some fun.you woke your kids up in the middle of the night to play in the snow?.
We're from Corpus. You have to be from there to understand it. LOL
I'll post a pic of the snowman they made if I can. It was fun. Several people came out on there patios to see it too. :cool:

Wildcat81
02-14-2004, 06:35 AM
still raining here. :( frown

sinton66
02-14-2004, 08:33 AM
Where we're from, I can remember it snowing ONE time in my lifetime, and that was when I was in the third grade in 1957. SISD cancelled classes so the kids could go play in the snow. As far as I know, it hasn't happened since. That was the only time I know of that there was enough accumulation to do anything with.

olddawggreen
02-14-2004, 09:07 AM
Its white in Burnet! I got up at 3:30 am and everything was white. I had to run to the storage at 5:00 to get the boys ski clothes. Their out throwing snowballs as I type. Got to get it in while they can, it will probably be gone by noon.

olddawggreen
02-14-2004, 09:10 AM
sinton66:
Where we're from, I can remember it snowing ONE time in my lifetime, and that was when I was in the third grade in 1957. SISD cancelled classes so the kids could go play in the snow. As far as I know, it hasn't happened since. That was the only time I know of that there was enough accumulation to do anything with.I rembering it snowing in Corpus when I was in about the 5th grade, that would have been about 1965 or 66. It was a pretty good snow and stayed on the ground all morning. I still have a photo of the snowman I built next to one of our palm trees.

3afan2K3
02-14-2004, 09:24 AM
we got about 3" of snow last night....everything in forney is white...

sinton66
02-14-2004, 09:33 AM
olddawggreen:

sinton66:
Where we're from, I can remember it snowing ONE time in my lifetime, and that was when I was in the third grade in 1957. SISD cancelled classes so the kids could go play in the snow. As far as I know, it hasn't happened since. That was the only time I know of that there was enough accumulation to do anything with.I rembering it snowing in Corpus when I was in about the 5th grade, that would have been about 1965 or 66. It was a pretty good snow and stayed on the ground all morning. I still have a photo of the snowman I built next to one of our palm trees.May be my "old Man's memory" failing, but I was there then, and don't remember a significant accumulation. Iremember in '57, that we made snowmen, and they ended up being pretty filthy looking because we were having to scrape together enough snow to build them. But HEY, it was SNOW! :D

ej2525
02-14-2004, 10:13 AM
This sucks!! I am jealous of you guys! All we got was some nasty ole' rain with this cold weather!!

44INAROW
02-14-2004, 11:55 AM
Well, we didnt' get any snow just rain most of the night but the SUN is shining for the first time in about 10 days.. I'll take that.

Ranger Mom
02-14-2004, 12:01 PM
We had enough to turn the grass frosty looking and now the sun is shining.

Back in 2001 Midland had a freak storm that dumped 8 inches of snow. I made the mistake of waking the kids up to tell them there was no school that day. At 6:30 A.M. they were out there playing in it! (I learned my lesson from that one)

When they were sufficiently cold enough to come back in and want a hot bath or shower, I gleefully told them our water was frozen up!! (They learned their lesson too!!!) :D

spiveyrat
02-14-2004, 12:45 PM
olddawggreen:

sinton66:
Where we're from, I can remember it snowing ONE time in my lifetime, and that was when I was in the third grade in 1957. SISD cancelled classes so the kids could go play in the snow. As far as I know, it hasn't happened since. That was the only time I know of that there was enough accumulation to do anything with.I rembering it snowing in Corpus when I was in about the 5th grade, that would have been about 1965 or 66. It was a pretty good snow and stayed on the ground all morning. I still have a photo of the snowman I built next to one of our palm trees.I'll bet those palm trees didn't care much for that! :D

Phil C
02-14-2004, 02:44 PM
It snowed good in South Texas in January 1967 when I was a senior in high school in Freer, Texas. It snowed good in Corpus too but I don't know how far it reached in the valley. When I say snow I mean snow not ice flurries or things like that. We had a teacher from North Texas where it snowed good nearly every year at the time and he was shaking his head and saying this is like it snow in North Texas. The snow lasted on the ground for three days afterward and it was great but by the third day we were ready for it to melt though.

lepfan
02-14-2004, 03:41 PM
Ranger Mom:
We had enough to turn the grass frosty looking and now the sun is shining.

Back in 2001 Midland had a freak storm that dumped 8 inches of snow. I made the mistake of waking the kids up to tell them there was no school that day. At 6:30 A.M. they were out there playing in it! (I learned my lesson from that one)

When they were sufficiently cold enough to come back in and want a hot bath or shower, I gleefully told them our water was frozen up!! (They learned their lesson too!!!) :D We moved to Midland in Dec. 91, my son really wanted it to snow for Christmas...I told him he would probably not see snow unless we went back to OKLA. The next morning we got up and there were 8" of snow on the ground. From then on he does not take my word when it comes to weather forecasts.

olddawggreen
02-14-2004, 04:02 PM
sinton66:

olddawggreen:

sinton66:
Where we're from, I can remember it snowing ONE time in my lifetime, and that was when I was in the third grade in 1957. SISD cancelled classes so the kids could go play in the snow. As far as I know, it hasn't happened since. That was the only time I know of that there was enough accumulation to do anything with.I rembering it snowing in Corpus when I was in about the 5th grade, that would have been about 1965 or 66. It was a pretty good snow and stayed on the ground all morning. I still have a photo of the snowman I built next to one of our palm trees.May be my "old Man's memory" failing, but I was there then, and don't remember a significant accumulation. Iremember in '57, that we made snowmen, and they ended up being pretty filthy looking because we were having to scrape together enough snow to build them. But HEY, it was SNOW! :D It happened, and I have the photo to proove it. Im standing by the snowman holding my 3 legged dog. I was born in 54 and I was about 11 or 12 at the time. I moved to the ranch in Burnet County full time the second half of the 6th grade and I remember it happening a year or so before that. I would have been too young to remember the snow in 57. :)

olddawggreen
02-14-2004, 04:05 PM
Phil C:
It snowed good in South Texas in January 1967 when I was a senior in high school in Freer, Texas. It snowed good in Corpus too but I don't know how far it reached in the valley. When I say snow I mean snow not ice flurries or things like that. We had a teacher from North Texas where it snowed good nearly every year at the time and he was shaking his head and saying this is like it snow in North Texas. The snow lasted on the ground for three days afterward and it was great but by the third day we were ready for it to melt though.67 was probably the snow that I remember. I guess I probably left Corpus about 68.

spaniard
02-14-2004, 04:47 PM
we got about 2 1/2" of snow here in glen rose. all of my co-workers and myself got out and played in it for about a half an hour, then got back to work.