PDA

View Full Version : Newton pounds Bridge City

Old Cardinal
11-02-2001, 11:50 PM
Joe David from Newton was never stopped in the District 21-3A Championship game. As many of you know, I predicted that Newton would win Division II this year right after the Jasper game, and received a lot of bad mail. Now I think they could win either Division. I think this Newton team is even stronger than the team that won State in 1998. Bridge City continued to attempt the run against a 10 man line and was quite unsuccessful. Its probably too late to develop the concept of the forward pass before the postseason begins. What a waste of outstanding talent. Cong'ts to Coach Barbay his staff and the excellent football team for Newton. I will be pulling for you a you head toward a State Championship.

TheNewtonBoy
11-03-2001, 01:09 AM
I thought BC QB #10 was good. When he ran the draw Newton had trouble getting him. Yalls defense was better than I expected. I think yall will do good in D1. Over the 3 or so years they have been doing D1 and D2, D2 has been stronger so yall should do good in D1.

It is hard to compare anything to the newton 98 team. They were the best team newton has probaly ever had. They prolly could have won the 4a state championship that year.

Backwoods
11-03-2001, 01:19 AM
Thanks for the kind words Old Card. What about the two BC kids carried out by ambulance? We pray they're OK. Please keep us posted.