PDA

View Full Version : I just finished writing a 12 page paper

Highschoolfan78
11-14-2007, 01:54 PM
Any of you other crazy college kids writing a great deal this week? I've had three papers the past 7 days, and it doesn't look like its slowing down either. What's real bad is I can never pray for bad weather cancellations because my classes are online. (Not like it ever rains anymore in South Texas)

44INAROW
11-14-2007, 02:09 PM
Your buddy in Austin (Johnny ha ha) has been working on a couple of papers himself. I have been pleased so far with his content - the grammar needs some tweeking but I'll let his professor tell him that.. Good Luck on your papers. I have a sneaky feeling you'll do just fine :)

Highschoolfan78
11-14-2007, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Your buddy in Austin (Johnny ha ha) has been working on a couple of papers himself. I have been pleased so far with his content - the grammar needs some tweeking but I'll let his professor tell him that.. Good Luck on your papers. I have a sneaky feeling you'll do just fine :)

At this point, it's just a matter of surviving. I'm glad he's doing well. Thanks for the good luck!

Cameron Crazy
11-14-2007, 02:24 PM
Where is Johnny going to school at?

big daddy russ
11-14-2007, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Highschoolfan78
At this point, it's just a matter of surviving. I'm glad he's doing well. Thanks for the good luck!
I feel you on the papers. Over the past three weeks I've turned in:

-Two 20-page papers
-One 18-page paper
-Two 6+ page papers
-One 2-page paper, single-spaced

And have a page essay due everyday in one of my classes for daily work. If that wasn't enough, I read an average of 300-400 pages per week for class. I got lucky that I started on all this stuff a while back, but it's been a rough semester. A whole lot of work, not a lot of sleep.

Highschoolfan78
11-15-2007, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
I feel you on the papers. Over the past three weeks I've turned in:

-Two 20-page papers
-One 18-page paper
-Two 6+ page papers
-One 2-page paper, single-spaced

And have a page essay due everyday in one of my classes for daily work. If that wasn't enough, I read an average of 300-400 pages per week for class. I got lucky that I started on all this stuff a while back, but it's been a rough semester. A whole lot of work, not a lot of sleep.

I feel your pain... What's your major? Mine is history with secondary education certification. However, I am finishing my history classes this semester and I'm taking 15 hours of straight history.

charlesrixey
11-15-2007, 08:16 PM
Any of you other crazy college kids writing a great deal this week? I've had three papers the past 7 days, and it doesn't look like its slowing down either. What's real bad is I can never pray for bad weather cancellations because my classes are online. (Not like it ever rains anymore in South Texas)

it's because it's online

i am a senior at Saint Joseph's College of Maine (formerly CCCC + UTD) and each unit for my average online classes = 15-30 pages

+ a 12-18 page paper at the end of the course

what's really funny is its way more than any of the classes i ever took in person (3 years worth)

big daddy russ
11-15-2007, 09:20 PM
I feel your pain... What's your major? Mine is history with secondary education certification. However, I am finishing my history classes this semester and I'm taking 15 hours of straight history.
Mine's political science with a minor in public relations. Both subjects are definitely writing and reading intensive. You planning on coaching or teaching, or maybe going to grad school?

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-15-2007, 09:30 PM
The professor here has to grade all those papers! Yuck. You haven't had to do work until you have had to grade 100 - 10 page pares! That sucks...all part of the job though!

lakers
11-15-2007, 10:08 PM

Ouch that sucks, i just wrote a 7 page paper and i have another one due after thanksgiving. This week has been stressful, i have already taken two tests and i have 2 more tomorrow.

I will be up late tonight studying...

GoStafford
11-15-2007, 10:16 PM
Any of you other crazy college kids writing a great deal this week? I've had three papers the past 7 days, and it doesn't look like its slowing down either. What's real bad is I can never pray for bad weather cancellations because my classes are online. (Not like it ever rains anymore in South Texas) welcome to life my friend