How far can they go?

What kind of offense do they run?

How's the defense?

kepdawg
11-14-2007, 03:45 PM
:thinking:

pirate4state
11-14-2007, 03:54 PM
Maybe a sleeper? This part of the state is not represented on the DL, but maybe txkmom will see this and can give us an update.

txkmom
11-14-2007, 04:36 PM
PG is well-coached, disciplined, and bigger than they've been in the past. The smallest of the three Texas-side schools in Texarkana, PG has been somewhat of a football underdog since I have lived in TXK - since '99 - but always with the potential to take you by surprise. Specifics on off/def you'll have to get somewhere else. Jake Rogers had to step in as QB last year or the year before, and has kept the job. He's smart and decisive. PG lost one of their best athletes (Trey Reed) early on to a season-ending injury, but others have stepped in and stepped up. They have been headed toward this success for the last couple of years, and have the potential to shock some opponents when they come in and simply put, just get the job done. Strong Hawk fan base, too.

excerpted from the Texarkana Gazette www.texarkanagazette.com (I looked through the articles I could find, but their archives are hard to access - I know there's a summary somewhere):

Published b/f Pittsburg @ Pleasant Grove
By: Gazette Staff - Texarkana Gazette - Published: 11/09/2007

"LAST WEEK: Pleasant Grove extended its winning streak to six games with a 20-7 win over Atlanta. "

"GAME FACTS: The Hawks could claim their first outright district championship since 1996 and third in school history with a win, which would also match the program’s longest winning streak. PG is the only team to already clinch a postseason berth ... the Hawks feature 21 players who’re playing their final game at Leon Blake Stadium... are third in the district in points scored (63) in league play and rank first in fewest points allowed (34). PG has limited its three district opponents to an average of 174 yards per game. Rogers broke the single-season school records for completions (118) and passing yardage (1,340) last week. Five Hawks have at least 14 catches with sophomores Damien Watts (20-289) and Jon Phillips (20-213) leading the way."

PLEASANT GROVE OFFENSE: LT-William Lachowsky, 270; LG-Jordan Fazzalaro, 230; C-Jared Tyson, 240; RG-Michael Morriss, 200; RT-Jeremy Price, 220; WR-Chance Atkins, 165; SE-Kaleb Brown, 165; WR-Damien Watts, 165; QB-Jake Rogers, 180; FB-Braxton Langdon, 170; TB-Kennard Henderson, 185.

PLEASANT GROVE DEFENSE: DE-Josh Montgomery, 220; NG-Shawon Russell, 225; DT-Lachowsky; DE-Hayden Rybiski, 180; SLB-Shane Anderson, 185; MLB-Henderson; WLB-Colton Wood, 175; CB-LaMarcus Banks, 155; SS-Logan Ashby, 155; FS-C. J. Broades, 160; CB-Devin Carrigan, 135.

pirate4state
11-14-2007, 04:38 PM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks J!!! :)

kepdawg
11-14-2007, 07:43 PM
Thanks! :)

lostaussie
11-14-2007, 09:17 PM
Pleasant Grove was always one of those teams I hated to see on our schedule. we have played them in non-district and in the playoffs before. they always seem to have a very gritty team, and come to play. don't think a championship is in store for them, but i believe they will be a tough out and could get through 2 or three rounds, depending on how the bracket falls.

CelinaCatFan
11-14-2007, 09:30 PM
I think Pleasant Grove will make the Region II finals against...hopefully Celina!

lostaussie
11-14-2007, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by CelinaCatFan
I think Pleasant Grove will make the Region II finals against...hopefully Celina! thats why i said 2 or 3, cause i didn't know exactly what round ya'll could clash. so they might go 4 rounds. that would not suprise me.

BILLYFRED0000
11-14-2007, 09:37 PM
I think Pleasant Grove will make the Region II finals against...hopefully Celina!

I don't know if they will survive that far.
Atlanta was not very good this year and that was not an impressive win. However,
hard to say who the number 2 is in d2 right now. Celina is the best but I would always caution the young lads that you can be the best and still lose if you do not take care of business. But the rest of the bracket is odd to say the least. Not one real powerhouse there this year. Last year there were three good teams at least. Bboro was great, Madison was very good, and Celina and those are just the teams that I saw. This year I am not sure who is very good. And no Bboro's in the bracket this year that I can see.

lostaussie
11-14-2007, 09:40 PM
pleasant grove did win that district though which tells me a little something. they wiil roll mineola

CelinaCatFan
11-14-2007, 09:43 PM
I think it's realistic they could make the regional finals:

Round 1 - Mineola
Round 2 - Ferris/Chapel Hill Winner
Round 3 - Prosper/Wills Point or Lake Worth/ Glen Rose Winner

BILLYFRED0000
11-14-2007, 10:00 PM
I think it's realistic they could make the regional finals:

Round 1 - Mineola
Round 2 - Ferris/Chapel Hill Winner
Round 3 - Prosper/Wills Point or Lake Worth/ Glen Rose Winner

Yes but If you look at power rankings Prosper and Pleasant Grove are at the top of this group yet they are close being about 20 slots seperating the top 5 left in the bracket with Prosper and Pleasant Grove in a virtual tie for 33 spot falling down to Wills PT at 51. Ferris and Lake Worth are off the bottom end at 80 or more. So predicting this bracket would be hard and I might need to consult a witch doctor to get a read on it. If Prosper tightens up they could make it as well because they have played some very good teams and will feel comfortable with teams at their own level or worse.
BTW, using the same system Whitesboro was just a little off of this group at 63 and Frisco Wakeland is at number 17 spot.