PDA

View Full Version : Waco La Vega State Champs......

Fotbol
11-14-2007, 12:26 PM
You heard it hear first!

King_LeYoeNidas
11-14-2007, 02:03 PM
wasn't it "heard here first" (year after year) that Marlin was going to win state? That never happened. Correct me if I'm wrong though. :)

Fotbol
11-14-2007, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by King_LeYoeNidas
wasn't it "heard here first" (year after year) that Marlin was going to win state? That never happened. Correct me if I'm wrong though. :)
Wasn't like we didn't have the team, and the believers to back us, just like Burnet, some teams have a harder time accomplishing the task, but if you ever seen the Marlin Teams that were supposed to win State, I bet you thought DAmn....Those Dawgs R good.....Smart Guy. As a Matter of Fact, Every Texas Highschool starts off saying they're going to win State, but a lot of teams don't make the trip, is it expectations, or is it pipe dreams, or is it every fans wish, I have no ties with LV, but I feel like they will win state this year. Dallas Cowboys Fan, even though the Patriots beat them last month, I' bet a 100 to a 1 that every Cowboy fan across the USA thinks the Cowboys are going to win the Superbowl.....Right smart Guy!
:rolleyes:

Old Tiger
11-14-2007, 03:52 PM
One of those Marlin teams beat Cameron 77-7

pirate4state
11-14-2007, 03:53 PM
I almost, almost picked La Vega to win it all. Good Luck to the Pirates! :clap:

i think their mascot is the Pirate

Fotbol
11-14-2007, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state

LV vs Giddings, will this game happen? if so, i'm making the trip if I'm in Texas!

Old Tiger
11-14-2007, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Fotbol
LV vs Giddings, will this game happen? if so, i'm making the trip if I'm in Texas! I think in the second or third round.

Old Tiger
11-14-2007, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
One of those Marlin teams beat Cameron 77-7 Wow I just own you king

Stownhorse
11-14-2007, 03:56 PM
I have La Vega going all the way but getting beat by celina.

Fotbol
11-14-2007, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
These LB's alone with Mart's #44 Adler has to be 3 of the best LB's in the state, If you get a chance to see the LB's, they won't disappoint!:eek:

pirate4state
11-14-2007, 04:04 PM
LV vs Giddings, will this game happen? if so, i'm making the trip if I'm in Texas!

I think in the 3rd round

King_LeYoeNidas
11-14-2007, 04:10 PM
hey Go Blue...I remember once we did teams of 2 vs. like...6 other teams......I think I had 20 something kills vs your 3. had u matched my amount, we'd have won :D

King_LeYoeNidas
11-14-2007, 04:15 PM
Something tells me Smithville doesn't start the season with state expectations.

Anyway...I see your point but in years past, Marlin usually talked a lot louder than most only to choke a few rounds deep. But it was just a skipping cd year in, year out. No disrespect, just sayin.

48minutes
11-14-2007, 04:19 PM
La Vega does have a great shot at it, but will have to get by the winner of WOS vs. GIDDINGS match up. That is of-course if neither of the following get upset.

CenTexSports
11-14-2007, 04:21 PM
Yes they did beat Cameron by that score but I believe they were the only team in the district to score on Marlin that year. Go Blue, weren't you on the RD team that did not score on them?

Buff4Eternity
11-14-2007, 04:23 PM
Hey what does MODOC mean?

I think thats what the La Vega people say.

Fotbol
11-14-2007, 04:23 PM
Something tells me Smithville doesn't start the season with state expectations.

Anyway...I see your point but in years past, Marlin usually talked a lot louder than most only to choke a few rounds deep. But it was just a skipping cd year in, year out. No disrespect, just sayin. Hope to return to 3A and talk a little louder than most again, and hopefully will choke on a state ring, but I don't think Marlin loudness got to you, or the choking, but the talent that you or your city never had, no disrepsect, just say N!:rolleyes:

King_LeYoeNidas
11-14-2007, 04:24 PM
pwn3d.

and for the record, Cameron was 1 and 9 that year. NOBODY in district scored on the Dogs but us. Sadly that angered them.

King_LeYoeNidas
11-14-2007, 04:29 PM
talent doesn't win championships homie. Marlin didn't get to me...it was the fact that I honestly kept hoping they would deliver...but they never did.

Darren
11-14-2007, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Buff4Eternity

Great question does anyone know the answer to this?

eagles_victory
11-14-2007, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Darren
Great question does anyone know the answer to this? JR

charlesrixey
11-14-2007, 06:21 PM

so who are you picking, p4s?

:thinking:

pirate4state
11-14-2007, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
so who are you picking, p4s?

:thinking:

In my pick'em bracket I picked Vernon to win it all.

If I'm way off base I can play one of two cards. :D

Either the "I'm just a girl" card or "I was sick (flu like symptoms) when I made these picks" card. :p :p :p

It's not like anyone takes me seriously anyhow. ;)

rockdale80
11-14-2007, 08:12 PM
Hope to return to 3A and talk a little louder than most again, and hopefully will choke on a state ring, but I don't think Marlin loudness got to you, or the choking, but the talent that you or your city never had, no disrepsect, just say N!:rolleyes:

Strangely enough the "talent our city never had" knocked you guys out of the playoffs before.....

So if we had no talent and won, then what does that say about you?

:cool:

BILLYFRED0000
11-14-2007, 09:31 PM
La Vega is good but lacks a little in the big game department. Giddings was there last year and feels like they have something to prove. I like La Vega's chances because they are very athletic and play good d. But reg 3 is the hardest to get thru. BTW, Vernon will lose to Graham. And reg1 should lose to reg2.
And reg3 should beat reg4.

Old Tiger
11-15-2007, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
Yes they did beat Cameron by that score but I believe they were the only team in the district to score on Marlin that year. Go Blue, weren't you on the RD team that did not score on them? Yes

CenTexSports
11-15-2007, 08:42 AM
That's OK, my son was on the team that got beat 77 - 7.

Old Tiger
11-15-2007, 09:07 AM
cool...who was your son? You can PM it to me if you want.

Fotbol
11-15-2007, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by Buff4Eternity

I'm not sure but they had a LB/FB name Vincent Moten in the late 80's and I think his nickname was Modoc, at least that was what the Crowd was yelling when he knocked the shat out of ya!

King_LeYoeNidas
11-15-2007, 11:02 AM
hey cunbed....(yes fotbol) the thing w/ Marlin is that you can sit here and call out all of these other teams (Giddings, Cameron & Rockdale) about a lack of talent and Marlin "having more talent than all of them" but the thing is, all 3 of those schools have a state title and if Marlin has SO MANY talented players....why don't we see any of them on that next level? I'm not saying that the aforementioned teams have a surplus of players playing d1 ball...but where are all these so-called superstars from Marlin now? Working at Dairy Queen? Sonic maybe? No disrespect....I'm just say N. :rolleyes:

alaskacat
11-15-2007, 11:42 AM
Not in this lifetime

pirate4state
11-15-2007, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by alaskacat
Not in this lifetime

anything is possible

Darren
11-15-2007, 04:43 PM
I don't want to hear anymore about La Vega until someone tells me what MODOC means.....

Seriously there are no La Vega posters. Spread the word people......

Old Tiger
11-15-2007, 04:45 PM
anything is possible I've never seen a pig fly.

King_LeYoeNidas
11-15-2007, 05:06 PM
I've never seen a pig fly.

And you can't beat me at Halo. So that's 2 things already.

Old Tiger
11-15-2007, 05:08 PM
And you can't beat me at Halo. So that's 2 things already. Looks like I won't be playing for a while because I smashed my controller earlier cause the football game was cheating.

pirate4state
11-15-2007, 05:25 PM
I've never seen a pig fly.

you must not get out much. all you gotta do is pick one up and fling it :D

King_LeYoeNidas
11-15-2007, 05:41 PM
Looks like I won't be playing for a while because I smashed my controller earlier cause the football game was cheating.

it happens. I used to bite my old Nintendo controllers and fling em anytime the computer cheated. I had anger issues.

Old Tiger
11-15-2007, 05:43 PM
it happens. I used to bite my old Nintendo controllers and fling em anytime the computer cheated. I had anger issues. 5 fumbles in one quarter two for TD's will do it

Stownhorse
11-15-2007, 06:18 PM
In my pick'em bracket I picked Vernon to win it all.

If I'm way off base I can play one of two cards. :D

Either the "I'm just a girl" card or "I was sick (flu like symptoms) when I made these picks" card. :p :p :p

It's not like anyone takes me seriously anyhow. ;)

You better play the sick card.

75009Football
11-15-2007, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse

Dito.

alaskacat
11-15-2007, 07:01 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Darren
[B]I don't want to hear anymore about La Vega until someone tells me what MODOC means

http://www.wabash.lib.in.us/modoc.html

Wabash Legends and Folklore
Modoc-The Story of an Elephant

:)

So there you have it in a nutshell:)