11-14-2007, 12:05 PM
that's all.

Antec
11-14-2007, 12:11 PM
Sure hope Texans dont take him if Miami doesn't want him

Old Tiger
11-14-2007, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Antec
Sure hope Texans dont take him if Miami doesn't want him Why? Ricky is a good back.

Phil C
11-14-2007, 12:16 PM
Go Ricky Go!

Someone is going to get a great RB!

This is good news indeed!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Antec
11-14-2007, 12:22 PM
Hes a good back

But does he have his S __ together

Will be problem player etc

Aesculus gilmus
11-14-2007, 12:29 PM
What is the problem with smoking pot?

Is it because the NFL is so heavily dependent on breweries for ad revenue?

I know it is illegal and that is wrong, too. Most other countries of the world recognize it is futile to wage "war on drugs," particularly "soft" ones like weed.

I look at Willie Nelson and what good health he has well into his Seventies. He has smoked cannabis his ENTIRE adult life.

sahen
11-14-2007, 12:46 PM
what is wrong w/ pot is that if he smokes it while playing then he will be once again kicked out of the league...so if a team takes him they are running the risk that he has not quit and they will only be getting a player for a few games, if that....or some team like the dolphins will get him, build their offense around him and then be completely devastated when he gets kicked out....

its like this, for my job, as im sure w/ everyone else, i am not allowed to smoke pot ever because of random drug testings, there is a no tolerance policy...i dont do it and i get paid much less than ricky williams...if i can do it for my chump change salary than he should be responisble enough to not do it while making millions....also ricky has had several chances to get his act together, if i get caught once i get fired, and exxon will put a nice black mark on me so that all future employers will not want to hire me, atleast the ones that offer decent jobs....

Aesculus gilmus
11-14-2007, 12:55 PM
You are giving me the "it's illegal and, also, against the rules even if it wasn't" argument.

I already knew that. I am questioning the entire underlying "war on SOME drugs" paradigm.

Certainly the NFL will NEVER wage war on alcohol consumption by, for instance, refusing to accept beer commercials anymore.

Alcohol used to be illegal also, bear in mind. Saner minds finally prevailed and Prohibition was lifted in 1933. Marijuana is really no different and, in fact, is considered less harmful by most who have compared the two substances.

BTW, I neither smoke nor drink any mind-altering substances. I STILL recognize the folly and hypocrisy of the current approach, though.

LH Panther Mom
11-14-2007, 12:58 PM
Do the Bengals need any RB's? :)

sahen
11-14-2007, 12:59 PM
you asked what the problem with smoking pot was....and the problem for Ricky Williams smoking pot was what I gave...

i dont konw why it is illegal nor do i really care, all i know is if millions of americans can keep from doing it to keep their 9 to 5 then mr. williams should be able to abstain to keep his job....

even if it wasnt illegal and the NFL had arule against it then he shouldnt do it, i cant come to work and drink but tech. thats not illegal...heck i work in a lab, if i get caught eating or drinking anything in my lab then i get fired, eating and drinking aren't illegal, thats jsut the rules i have for work....

Snyder_TigerFan
11-14-2007, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
You are giving me the "it's illegal and, also, against the rules even if it wasn't" argument.

I already knew that. I am questioning the entire underlying "war on SOME drugs" paradigm.

http://www.militantbreastfeedingcult.com/vbportal/forums/images/smilies/canofworms.gif

Stownhorse
11-14-2007, 01:01 PM
Hell the Texans need something that can run the ball.

IHStangFan
11-14-2007, 01:03 PM
how many chances and or strikes is this freako doper gonna get?? Geezus!! :doh:

IHStangFan
11-14-2007, 01:07 PM

Certainly the NFL will NEVER wage war on alcohol consumption by, for instance, refusing to accept beer commercials anymore.

Alcohol used to be illegal also, bear in mind. Saner minds finally prevailed and Prohibition was lifted in 1933. Marijuana is really no different and, in fact, is considered less harmful by most who have compared the two substances.

BTW, I neither smoke nor drink any mind-altering substances. I STILL recognize the folly and hypocrisy of the current approach, though. yada yada yada....lota talk to say a buncha crap that doesn't matter.....bottom line...alcohol "used" to be illegal.....that's a key word there...and marijuana still is. Nothing else to be discussed on that topic.

Aesculus gilmus
11-14-2007, 01:44 PM
True. And also marijuana used to be LEGAL in this country (until 1937, IIRC) and still is in many areas of the world.

As for Ricky Williams, he is already past his prime physically (early 30s) and I don't know why any team would want him, clean or not. Most running backs have already RETIRED by his age.

DUKE22
11-14-2007, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
how many chances and or strikes is this freako doper gonna get?? Geezus!! :doh: I was wondering this myself. What is this four times, im sorry but i think he is just after a contract. This is not going to stop. Prediction = Busted again within a year.

LH Panther Mom
11-14-2007, 01:47 PM
Most running backs have already RETIRED by his age.
But most have been working/running/tackled for years by the time they reach his age. He's had a lot of "rest". :D

pirate4state
11-14-2007, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
http://www.militantbreastfeedingcult.com/vbportal/forums/images/smilies/canofworms.gif

Oh, I like this!! :clap: :clap:

Rabbit'93
11-14-2007, 02:25 PM
The war on drugs (pot) is about money. If we legalize pot then the police agencies and the governments that control them stand to lose millions of $$$ in revenue. That revenue comes from seizures of money and the seizure and sale of property owned by the "criminal".

Even if you take the "drugs are wrong" approach..you can't avoid the hypocrisy between achohol, cigarrettes, and other mood altering drugs (antidrepessants) that are legal and illegal drugs. I know many more people who are addicted and strung out on "legal" drugs versus illegal drugs.

75009Football
11-14-2007, 02:55 PM
What is the problem with smoking pot?

Is it because the NFL is so heavily dependent on breweries for ad revenue?

I know it is illegal and that is wrong, too. Most other countries of the world recognize it is futile to wage "war on drugs," particularly "soft" ones like weed.

I look at Willie Nelson and what good health he has well into his Seventies. He has smoked cannabis his ENTIRE adult life.

If it were the other way around, and pot were legal and booze were not, Willie would be still be chasing his "tokes" with "shots", you would be arguing the healthy atributes of red wine with dinner, and the NFL would be heavily dependent on the cannabis ads for revenue. The only difference here is that RW would be blowing into a tube on a regular basis and a NFL team would still be risking lots of $ on signing him.

He's a great back, just not a great back who wants to play in a football league very bad.

Old Tiger
11-14-2007, 02:56 PM
alcohol and pot pretty much have the same effect on you.

TripleH
11-14-2007, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
But most have been working/running/tackled for years by the time they reach his age. He's had a lot of "rest". :D I agree, he's had more down time than up time. He ought to be physically good for several more years if could stay off the weed.

Txbroadcaster
11-14-2007, 03:02 PM
Just for the record..this last suspension was not about weed, but a banned supplement

75009Football
11-14-2007, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
yada yada yada....lota talk to say a buncha crap that doesn't matter.....bottom line...alcohol "used" to be illegal.....that's a key word there...and marijuana still is. Nothing else to be discussed on that topic.

We "used" to be able to kill people and not have anything happen to us. But we also changed that when we found there was a problem with that type of behavior.

If you don't like the heat, get out of the kitchen.

Old Tiger
11-14-2007, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by TripleH
I agree, he's had more down time than up time. He ought to be physically good for several more years if could stay off the weed. He would be good if marijuana was legal. Drug test have ruined his career. Smoking hasn't effected how he played on the field.

29-3aFAN
11-14-2007, 03:06 PM
I am in need of a RB on my fantasy league. Waiting for him so I can add him. I think the titans need another longhorn. lol. Wishful thinking!