PDA

View Full Version : Phil Jackson's comments about loss to Spurs

Old Tiger
11-14-2007, 12:00 PM
"we call this a brokeback mountain game cause there was so much penetration and kick out"

Funny analogy by Phil Jackson.

buff4life
11-14-2007, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
"we call this a brokeback mountain game cause there was so much penetration and kick out"

he didn't really say that did he?

44INAROW
11-14-2007, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
he didn't really say that did he?

I am dying to find out out if he really did or if Go Blue was just being funny... If Jackson really said that.. I am LOL...

Old Tiger
11-14-2007, 02:30 PM
swear....watch "First and 10" on ESPN right now.

It was one of the topics this morning on "ESPN First Take"

buff4life
11-14-2007, 02:31 PM
I cannot see Phil Jackson being that into the times to know that...

Bull19
11-14-2007, 02:32 PM
i have a new found respect for phil now. thats great

Old Tiger
11-14-2007, 02:33 PM
I cannot see Phil Jackson being that into the times to know that... Well not only that Phil Jackson is real media savy.

JR2004
11-14-2007, 02:59 PM

I can see Phil making that quote. He says a lot of funny stuff in the postgame press conferences.

buff4life
11-14-2007, 03:00 PM
Well not only that Phil Jackson is real media savy.

Just saw it on ESPN...great stuff...and nothing should constitutionally happen to him, freedom of speech

Old Tiger
11-14-2007, 03:00 PM
Image ross image.

It makes the lakers organization look bad and the league also.

buff4life
11-14-2007, 03:03 PM
Image ross image.

It makes the lakers organization look bad and the league also.

ya morally and stuff...but stern shouldn't fine him in my opinion

Old Tiger
11-14-2007, 03:03 PM
ya morally and stuff...but stern shouldn't fine him in my opinion All the NBA is going through Stern has to have a short leash on everyone.

IMO Stern needs to step down.

JR2004
11-14-2007, 03:05 PM
All the NBA is going through Stern has to have a short leash on everyone.

IMO Stern needs to step down.

He should've stepped down years ago. He continues to run the league into the ground.

Old Tiger
11-14-2007, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
He should've stepped down years ago. He continues to run the league into the ground. word

themsu97
11-14-2007, 03:19 PM
Stern, what an idiot...

as for phil... I heard it on the Herd with ESPN and it was awesome... Phil is pretty funny from time to time

Old Tiger
11-14-2007, 03:20 PM
I bet those media outlets that you hear laughing are posting hypocritical articles about it today.

kepdawg
11-14-2007, 06:39 PM
Jackson's postgame comments get NBA's attention

ESPN.com news services

Updated: November 14, 2007, 5:15 PM ET

NEW YORK -- The NBA has spoken with the Los Angeles Lakers about a sexual reference coach Phil Jackson made in a comment following Tuesday night's game in San Antonio.

The Spurs made 13 3-pointers in their 107-92 victory, and Jackson was asked if too much penetration was leading to open outside shooters.

"We call this a 'Brokeback Mountain' game, because there's so much penetration and kickouts," Jackson said. "It was one of those games."

The 2005 film, which won three Oscars, depicts two cowboys who conceal their homosexual affair.

"The remarks are in poor taste, and the Lakers have assured us such remarks will not occur in the future," league spokesman Brian McIntyre said.

The Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation also issued a statement condemning the remarks.

"Phil Jackson's been coaching long enough that he should be able to talk about the Lakers' performance without resorting to cheap gay jokes," the statement read.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

charlesrixey
11-14-2007, 07:06 PM
ya morally and stuff...but stern shouldn't fine him in my opinion

morally?

well, i wouldn't say homosexuality is really 'moral' even if it is more widely accepted now than in the past

i couldn't care less about someone's sexual preference, but being open-minded doesn't make something 'moral'

luvhoops34
11-14-2007, 07:12 PM
:D

kaorder1999
11-14-2007, 07:13 PM
this should get interesing

charlesrixey
11-14-2007, 07:17 PM
I bet those media outlets that you hear laughing are posting hypocritical articles about it today.

yep

i think it's hilarious

how can we be so 'open minded' and yet be afraid to speak our minds?

i hate being force-fed open-minded crap and then how i 'have' to agree

isn't that being close-minded?

maybe this is a fight for another day

Gobbla2001
11-14-2007, 07:51 PM
I laughed my a off when I heard the take on the radio...

I can see it now... heard a hint of displeasure with his comments on the radio today... but that's because it was a houston sports talk show and they're playing the lakers tonight...

the word "penetrate" is used in health class... so I'd like to think he won't get in trouble for that...

as for talking about "brokeback mountain" while using the word "penetrate" I don't see the big deal there either... we all know why gay people are gay... right or wrong, it aint because they want to bake bread together, know what I'm saying?

maybe a tad distasteful to discuss penetration in that context, but really there was nothing wrong with it... truth...

Maroon87
11-15-2007, 11:27 AM
I thought Jackson's "apology" was even funnier that the original quote, and I can't stand Phil Jackson.

What GLAAD needs to realize is they can't hold up Brokeback Mountain as this watershed moment in the history of gay rights, then get offended when someone makes an offhand reference about it that they don't like. It's part of pop culture now, for better or worse.

buff4life
11-15-2007, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
morally?

well, i wouldn't say homosexuality is really 'moral' even if it is more widely accepted now than in the past

i couldn't care less about someone's sexual preference, but being open-minded doesn't make something 'moral'

i wasn't referring to what he thinks about them, but it is morals about how you hold yourself and how you want yourself perceived by saying that stuff...

BMOC
11-15-2007, 11:34 AM
Did you see the apology? LMAO....I know he's wrong and all, but it was funny.

SWMustang
11-15-2007, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
I thought Jackson's "apology" was even funnier that the original quote, and I can't stand Phil Jackson.

What GLAAD needs to realize is they can't hold up Brokeback Mountain as this watershed moment in the history of gay rights, then get offended when someone makes an offhand reference about it that they don't like. It's part of pop culture now, for better or worse.

The apology was even funnier. He apologized to Cowboys, Horses and Texans and anyone else who might have been offended. Funny he didn't mention homosexuals...

Sweetwater Red
11-15-2007, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang
The apology was even funnier. He apologized to Cowboys, Horses and Texans and anyone else who might have been offended. Funny he didn't mention homosexuals...

Jackson also made reference to Leno and Letterman. He has
a point. If one of them would have said it you would have
never heard anything about it. He also thanked ESPN for
making more out of it than it was.