PDA

View Full Version : Can Robinson shut down Slot T

Runnin Panther
11-14-2007, 11:40 AM
Word from Robinson is they will shut LH offense down. So how good is their defense?

Old Tiger
11-14-2007, 11:41 AM
They are decent. Nothing the Panthers can't handle. You must be reading centex football, lol. LH will put up about 40-50

Runnin Panther
11-14-2007, 11:53 AM
Actually I haven’t, guess I’m not up on my homework. I’d better get busy time is running out.

Rocket Dad
11-14-2007, 12:06 PM
Anyone that says they will shut down a team that has scored 50, 60 , 70 points in recent games is not realistic or just someone playing around with a keyboard while at work at Joe's Body Shop. The Rockets will have to rely on some loose footballs, not allow a big play against the pass, and play with a purpose to be successful. L.H. has a unique 3A offense and they have pounded it down the field all year, so I doubt the people that are really involved with Robinson football would make those statements.

87 TIGER
11-14-2007, 04:58 PM
Best Robinson can hope for is to slow down LH. Robinson would have to play a great game with the help of turnovers and stuff.

I've seen both this year, LH has too much offense and a really good D.
Rockets D is good , but not that good LH will score points, I don't think Robinson can score enough to keep up with LH.

LH 56 Rockets 21

DU_stud04
11-14-2007, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by 87 TIGER
Best Robinson can hope for is to slow down LH. Robinson would have to play a great game with the help of turnovers and stuff.

I've seen both this year, LH has too much offense and a really good D.
Rockets D is good , but not that good LH will score points, I don't think Robinson can score enough to keep up with LH.

LH 56 Rockets 21 agree

Panther One
11-14-2007, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
They are decent. Nothing the Panthers can't handle. You must be reading centex football, lol. LH will put up about 40-50
Ha. I just checked the boards over there. I like the China Spring guy. I wonder if he was one of the ones last year predicting that CS was going to shut down our running game and come out on top.

The funniest has to be the Robinson dude claiming that Robinson, L-E, Gilmer, and Palestine could have all easily handled LH and Celina. Man I wish there weren't two divisions. I can't wait for those arguments this year if two of the unbeatens win the titles.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-14-2007, 08:12 PM
The Slot-T can be stopped.....unfortunately, the team that knows how to do it isn't in Region III. :D

IHStangFan
11-14-2007, 08:20 PM
Robinson is a shell of what they were last year. Robinson is 3rd place in their district....although it is a good district, they are 6-4 w/ loses to Celina, Caldwell, La Vega and China Spring. I just don't see them having what it takes to knock off LH.

Hupernikomen
11-14-2007, 08:47 PM
Every year there is that one team nobody is suppose to be able to beat and of course they bow out in the 1st or 2nd round. There will be plenty of surprises in the near future. Robinson plays in a very good district and will be a tough team to beat for LH.

IHStangFan
11-14-2007, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
Every year there is that one team nobody is suppose to be able to beat and of course they bow out in the 1st or 2nd round. There will be plenty of surprises in the near future. Robinson plays in a very good district and will be a tough team to beat for LH. Agreed on almost all accounts. I think there will be some surprises and upsets as there are every year. And I also agree that Robinson plays in a very tough district. BUT LH is the defending state champ and have looked pretty tough all year. It's not outa the question for Robinson, but I think its highly unlikely...but that's why the games are played. Good luck to both teams!

BILLYFRED0000
11-14-2007, 09:27 PM
Probably not. The only team I know of that slowed it down was Celina. But they might be able to scheme it. Robinson has to do it on D because they cannot explode on O like last year.

Dogman_1969
11-14-2007, 09:46 PM
for a while but not all game.......

LH wins.........

bobcat1
11-14-2007, 10:02 PM
Heck we all know or should know, No one and I mean no one shuts down the Liberty Hill Slot T. Why would anyone waste bus gas money to show up to lose to the Slot T Panthers?:rolleyes:

pirate4state
11-14-2007, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Heck we all know or should know, No one and I mean no one shuts down the Liberty Hill Slot T. Why would anyone waste bus gas money to show up to lose to the Slot T Panthers?:rolleyes:

hahahaha outstanding!

orangeblood
11-14-2007, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Runnin Panther
Word from Robinson is they will shut LH offense down. So how good is their defense?

We hung 43 points on them and we runthe same offense as Liberty Hill......

orangeblood
11-14-2007, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by TarponFanInNorthTexas
The Slot-T can be stopped.....unfortunately, the team that knows how to do it isn't in Region III. :D

Bull Crap last i checked Giddings is in Region 3 and I saw them 1st handshut the Slot T down....

LH Panther Mom
11-14-2007, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by orangeblood
Bull Crap last i checked Giddings is in Region 3 and I saw them 1st handshut the Slot T down....
You did NOT see them shut US down. :)

kepdawg
11-14-2007, 11:17 PM
We hung 43 points on them and we runthe same offense as Liberty Hill......

Caldwell runs the same offense as Liberty Hill?

It sure didn't look the same!

orangeblood
11-14-2007, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
Probably not. The only team I know of that slowed it down was Celina. But they might be able to scheme it. Robinson has to do it on D because they cannot explode on O like last year.

If I was the Rocket man I would contact Giddings and get the scheme they used on Caldwell, it might work once but not twice..
Good Luck Rocket Man

orangeblood
11-14-2007, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

This Year not old news, Last year is over gone done......

orangeblood
11-14-2007, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg

Well since their coaches schooled our coaches for a couple months, I would say at least same base offense maybe different plays......

bobcat1
11-14-2007, 11:23 PM

I told them LHPM. No one and I mean no one shuts down the Slot T from LH. I guess they are independently wealthy and like to waste bus fuel trying. :confused:

Daddy D 11
11-14-2007, 11:24 PM
im good friends with a few players from Caldwell and i know first hand that they are running a pretty mean Slot T over there. but... the speed and blur just isnt there yet, the power definitly is, but they have made serious leaps with the three headed monster and need about 2 more to perfect it IMO

LH is in its seventh year i believe, correct me if im wrong? If you Hornets think yall are nasty now, just wait about 4 more years, hopefully yall are sharing, and key word sharing :D the same success!

LH Panther Mom
11-14-2007, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg

Thank you. :kiss:

Matthew328
11-14-2007, 11:28 PM
The Slot T takes a lot of time and practice to really execute to any level of proficiency....to say that anyone runs it like Liberty Hill is silly...no one does it better than they do...others may run the offense but I'm sure they don't execute or have the variety that Liberty Hill has

Matthew328
11-14-2007, 11:29 PM
The Slot T can be shut down but really the only way to shut it down is to have just such superior athletes that the opposing offense has no chance...

bobcat1
11-14-2007, 11:30 PM
I threw up in my mouth a little there Matt. :D

LoveTheHornets
11-14-2007, 11:41 PM
The Slot T takes a lot of time and practice to really execute to any level of proficiency....to say that anyone runs it like Liberty Hill is silly...no one does it better than they do...others may run the offense but I'm sure they don't execute or have the variety that Liberty Hill has

From talking to coaches I know, this is true. It takes dedication to this type of offense for it to really benefit your team. Caldwell is in its second year of the slot-t (I could be wrong on this), and I hope it only gets better from here. That being said, Giddings did a good job of shutting us down, and if they can figure it out, you can be sure that other teams are going to come up with a way to defend against it. LH may be more difficult to stop than we were because they have used the offense for a lot longer, but I am sure someone can come up with a strategy if they work hard enough at it and have the time to implement it. I know that so, so, so much also depends on your athletes. There are many variables involved!!

I guess to make a long story short, Robinson ain't got a chance against LH.

DU_stud04
11-15-2007, 12:14 AM
We hung 43 points on them and we runthe same offense as Liberty Hill...... i didnt know liberty hill runs out of goaline every play as well. :thinking:

orangeblood
11-15-2007, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by Matthew328

Go ahead and Check who was the leading rushing team in 3a last year?????

orangeblood
11-15-2007, 01:49 AM
Thank you. :kiss:

Hey read the post above your last post.
Thank yooouuuu....

State_In_08
11-15-2007, 01:50 AM
To beat LH they'd almost HAVE to have some turnovers go their way... while also playing a perfect game themselves. That's too many variables to rely on.

Liberty Hill - 52
Robinson - 14

Old Tiger
11-15-2007, 01:58 AM
We hung 43 points on them and we runthe same offense as Liberty Hill...... Except LH's offense is way more explosive.

orangeblood
11-15-2007, 02:06 AM
Except LH's offense is way more explosive.

Hey Go Blue look up who's offense was the leading offense last year in 3a don't guess at it.

Old Tiger
11-15-2007, 02:14 AM
Hey Go Blue look up who's offense was the leading offense last year in 3a don't guess at it. Hey OB look who has the state championship ;)

By watching the two LH has more "explosive plays" than Caldwell does. That is why I say they are more explosive.

Stats don't tell everything about a game. Look at the Cowboys/Bills game from Sunday Night Football a few weeks back.

orangeblood
11-15-2007, 02:32 AM
Hey OB look who has the state championship ;)

By watching the two LH has more "explosive plays" than Caldwell does. That is why I say they are more explosive.

Stats don't tell everything about a game. Look at the Cowboys/Bills game from Sunday Night Football a few weeks back.

Wasn't picking I seriously wanted to know. where can I look those stats up at?

Old Tiger
11-15-2007, 02:36 AM
Opponents
Rushing: 220 att - 460 yds | 57.5 yds/g
Passing: 91 - 173 - 940 yds | 117.5 yds/g
Total: 393 - 1400 yds | 175 yds/g

Panthers
Rushing: 430 att - 3368 yds | 421 yds/g
Passing: 11 - 21 - 361 yds | 45.1 yds/g
Total: 451 - 3729 yds | 466.1 yds/g

That was through 8 games.

LH Panther Mom
11-15-2007, 06:49 AM
Go ahead and Check who was the leading rushing team in 3a last year?????
All the yards in the world don't matter if the games aren't won. I said this a few weeks ago....I guess it's time to drag it out again. In 2004, our team got in the NATIONAL record books for the 3rd ALL-TIME most offensive yards. We lost to Jasper in the semis.

I said this a few weeks ago also. You may run the same plays, but the offense does not look the same. I probably don't know how to explain it other than to say if I can tell who is getting the ball and where they will go, just before the snap, then it doesn't look the same, to my untrained eye.

For Robinson to shut down our slot-t, they only need to watch the pulling guards. :evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

Old Tiger
11-15-2007, 06:52 AM
All the yards in the world don't matter if the games aren't won. I said this a few weeks ago....I guess it's time to drag it out again. In 2004, our team got in the NATIONAL record books for the 3rd ALL-TIME most offensive yards. We lost to Jasper in the semis.

Great game...

orangeblood
11-15-2007, 08:25 AM

I said this a few weeks ago also. You may run the same plays, but the offense does not look the same. I probably don't know how to explain it other than to say if I can tell who is getting the ball and where they will go, just before the snap, then it doesn't look the same, to my untrained eye.

For Robinson to shut down our slot-t, they only need to watch the pulling guards. :evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

Not always, (Guards) It's a mis direction offense, And you can't tell who's getting the ball in our offense either, we may not run it as good as the mighty Panthers or in your eyes, but this is only the 2nd year we have run it and your coaches seemed to be pretty impressed with how we are running it up to this point. So there. And no your right doesn't matter how many yards you rush for who wins the stats page it's all about the TD's... and the score. So let me bow now for the mighty panthers.......

Old Tiger
11-15-2007, 08:30 AM
Not always, (Guards) It's a mis direction offense, And you can't tell who's getting the ball in our offense either, we may not run it as good as the mighty Panthers or in your eyes, but this is only the 2nd year we have run it and your coaches seemed to be pretty impressed with how we are running it up to this point. So there. And no your right doesn't matter how many yards you rush for who wins the stats page it's all about the TD's... and the score. So let me bow now for the mighty panthers....... Trust me yall run it no where near as good as them. Yes and it would be a good idea to get on both knees to and pray to the skill that is the LH Panthers

orangeblood
11-15-2007, 09:00 AM
Given credit where it's due, But they are going downnnnnnn.......

Old Tiger
11-15-2007, 09:05 AM
Given credit where it's due, But they are going downnnnnnn....... Caldwell will go "downnnnn....." before LH.

LH Panther Mom
11-15-2007, 09:12 AM
Not always, (Guards) It's a mis direction offense, And you can't tell who's getting the ball in our offense either, we may not run it as good as the mighty Panthers or in your eyes, but this is only the 2nd year we have run it and your coaches seemed to be pretty impressed with how we are running it up to this point. So there. And no your right doesn't matter how many yards you rush for who wins the stats page it's all about the TD's... and the score. So let me bow now for the mighty panthers.......
Good grief. I've not shown any disrespect in my comments about Caldwell. But since you have taken offence at what I have said, let me put it another way. If I were to watch two spread teams play, and stated that the offenses did not look the same, would that be an inaccurate statement? Would it be any reason to get all booty hurt? Every team is different in the way their offense and defense works, regardless of the same scheme or not. Sheesh...."mighty panthers". :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

As far as the "guards" comment I made.....it was a joke, hence the :evillol: smilies. :doh:

Now where is that dead horse?

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-15-2007, 10:28 AM

That may be true, but can Giddings know exactly what play is coming just by looking at the positioning of the tailback? :D Or by the snap count?

Old Tiger
11-15-2007, 10:29 AM
Bull Crap last i checked Giddings is in Region 3 and I saw them 1st handshut the Slot T down.... Your slot T is what they shut down....they couldn't stop LH's slot t.....proving my point even more.

orangeblood
11-15-2007, 10:42 AM
Your slot T is what they shut down....they couldn't stop LH's slot t.....proving my point even more.

Last year Giddings couldn't stop LH, Since we run something similiar to LH ( Our coaches spent the summer with LH) Giddings went to work. IMO Giddings would beat Liberty Hill this year. IMO LH will not repeat as State Champions. I like my Crow fried.......????

pirate4state
11-15-2007, 10:44 AM
Last year Giddings couldn't stop LH, Since we run something similiar to LH ( Our coaches spent the summer with LH) Giddings went to work. IMO Giddings would beat Liberty Hill this year. IMO LH will not repeat as State Champions. I like my Crow fried.......????

I've seen all 3 of you play this year.

LH would beat both of you. It may not be easy, but IMO they would wear your defenses down and win by 2 TDs.

Old Tiger
11-15-2007, 10:45 AM
Last year Giddings couldn't stop LH, Since we run something similiar to LH ( Our coaches spent the summer with LH) Giddings went to work. IMO Giddings would beat Liberty Hill this year. IMO LH will not repeat as State Champions. I like my Crow fried.......???? Your nuts bro. I've seen both play and LH is far better than Giddings. LH will make it to state but they will also be playing Gilmer or Royse City. Farther than Caldwell will go IMO.

Centextrash
11-15-2007, 10:48 AM

Caldwell runs the slot well for only being in it for 2 years. They have some great Rb's which helps. I think what everyone is trying to say is that they will be as good or even better than LH in the future, when the offense becomes automatic for the kids to run (like is it for LH). To say that LH is unstoppable is very unrealistic.....however when the cats are on, they are almost unstoppable.

DU_stud04
11-15-2007, 10:50 AM

why does this poster remeind me of the guy that sat infront of me during the caldwell game..... anyone else????

pirate4state
11-15-2007, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
why does this poster remeind me of the guy that sat infront of me during the caldwell game..... anyone else????

:thinking:

"YEAH!"

:evillol:

DU_stud04
11-15-2007, 10:51 AM
Last year Giddings couldn't stop LH, Since we run something similiar to LH ( Our coaches spent the summer with LH) Giddings went to work. IMO Giddings would beat Liberty Hill this year. IMO LH will not repeat as State Champions. I like my Crow fried.......???? and really sorry if i hurt any feelings, but giddings looked like trash this year, i know good football and i wasnt seeing it that night.

alaskacat
11-15-2007, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by TarponFanInNorthTexas
That may be true, but can Giddings know exactly what play is coming just by looking at the positioning of the tailback? :D Or by the snap count?

As most of you know I live in Alaska, and several teams up there run the slot T or a version of it. and have been for years. and other teams don't have that much trouble stopping it. They play it like a wishbone, you hit all of them every time with designated hitters, and not worry about which one has the ball it is irrelevent.

But you have to be very physical on defense. You hit them all hard enough and often enough, they do slow down.

Runnin Panther
11-15-2007, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by alaskacat
As most of you know I live in Alaska, and several teams up there run the slot T or a version of it. and have been for years. and other teams don't have that much trouble stopping it. They play it like a wishbone, you hit all of them every time with designated hitters, and not worry about which one has the ball it is irrelevent.

But you have to be very physical on defense. You hit them all hard enough and often enough, they do slow down.

Your right that is how you stop it, but each defensive player must be better than the running back they are trying to stop. Tall order, when a team has great running backs and a good O line. Most teams don’t have that many defensive stars.

P.S. Hate that we aren’t playing Giddings again, we love beating them… they cry louder and harder than most.

buff4life
11-15-2007, 12:41 PM

after watching both offenses, i would have to say that LH is more confusing, every play they have the quarterback faking to two backs unless its a quick hitter to Allman, this being said the Lh Qb can still keep it making it even more confusing...Caldwell majority of the time runs a sweep or counter and it was easier for me to tell who had the ball, unless #4 faked and kept it...but if i would say both teams are equally explosive...neither have a huge amount of plays that are designed to be huge gainers, but when defenses are disciplined these plays often do turn into big plays...

when he did that against giddings it was like a jailbreak, there were three lineman and the QB running free and we had one free safety there to stop it...not a good situation

buff4life
11-15-2007, 12:43 PM
Your right that is how you stop it, but each defensive player must be better than the running back they are trying to stop. Tall order, when a team has great running backs and a good O line. Most teams don’t have that many defensive stars.

P.S. Hate that we aren’t playing Giddings again, we love beating them… they cry louder and harder than most.

thats complete crap that you say that, no one from Giddings has chimed in anything about LH and we stay out of it yet we seem to get the most crap and its always our fault...NO why the hell would you bring that up? After the game, I and other true Giddings posters did not "whine" and say we should have won, atleast I know the ones that were here didn't...so stop bringing it up, its a dead subject that happened a year ago

buff4life
11-15-2007, 12:44 PM

p.s. you beat us ONCE

Runnin Panther
11-15-2007, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
thats complete crap that you say that, no one from Giddings has chimed in anything about LH and we stay out of it yet we seem to get the most crap and its always our fault...NO why the hell would you bring that up? After the game, I and other true Giddings posters did not "whine" and say we should have won, atleast I know the ones that were here didn't...so stop bringing it up, its a dead subject that happened a year ago

Take it easy buff, I wasn’t all that serious and your right it was the Caldwell poster that brought Giddings into the conversation.

But seriously most LH people wish we were getting to play ya’ll this year. If for nothing else than all the fun we would have had here on 3A downlow.

buff4life
11-15-2007, 02:07 PM
Take it easy buff, I wasn’t all that serious and your right it was the Caldwell poster that brought Giddings into the conversation.

But seriously most LH people wish we were getting to play ya’ll this year. If for nothing else than all the fun we would have had here on 3A downlow.

i know i overreacted sorry about that, but it got old already...

Centextrash
11-15-2007, 02:17 PM

As a neutral party:

It has been old for 9 months now. Why does the Austin Ameroican Statesman keep bringing it up? I understand the #1 vs #2 thing...but it is getting old.

Runnin Panther
11-15-2007, 04:15 PM

Glad we made up. NOW lets get back to talkin smack!

My team better than yours!!!!! JK

buff4life
11-15-2007, 04:35 PM
Glad we made up. NOW lets get back to talkin smack!

My team better than yours!!!!! JK

we will never know...

Runnin Panther
11-15-2007, 04:48 PM
I think Giddings and Liberty Hill should play each other in a non-district game every year.

buff4life
11-15-2007, 05:01 PM
agreed

Haunta Yo
11-15-2007, 06:55 PM

LH 2 platoons (for the most part) and in 3A that is a HUGE game advantage and practice time advantage that most people don't factor in...
With that said, LH's slot-T does "false key" more than any team I can think of.

Caldwell is very good with their traps.