kepdawg
11-13-2007, 08:47 PM
Looks like Dan is doing quite well on his own

His syndicated show is being picked up all over the country

The Ticket in Dallas is one of the stations that has picked him up

The Ticket will air his show tape delayed at night

JR2004
11-13-2007, 09:02 PM
Don't know that this is a wise pick-up for The Ticket. He was running on fumes the last year or so with ESPN. His show was really not worth listening to after Dibble was sent packing.

Oh well he's still better than the jokers ESPN replaced him with. Two hours of Mike "Sexual harrassment is my middle name" Tirico and an hour of Screamin A is mind-numbing.

VWG
11-13-2007, 09:06 PM
The 8:40 segment this morning with Gordo imitating Norm was greatness.

kepdawg
11-13-2007, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
Don't know that this is a wise pick-up for The Ticket. He was running on fumes the last year or so with ESPN. His show was really not worth listening to after Dibble was sent packing.

Oh well he's still better than the jokers ESPN replaced him with. Two hours of Mike "Sexual harrassment is my middle name" Tirico and an hour of Screamin A is mind-numbing.

Well, the people in charge at radio stations all over the country think it is a wise pickup.

I haven't heard the show once he started it back up, but I'm interested.

I'm a fan and am glad I'll have a chance to listen.

JR2004
11-13-2007, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Well, the people in charge at radio stations all over the country think it is a wise pickup.

I haven't heard the show once he started it back up, but I'm interested.

I'm a fan and am glad I'll have a chance to listen.

It's more based on past reputation. Kind of like a baseball player getting a big payday after his prime due to what he's done in the past.

I used to enjoy his show quite a bit when he had "Rex" Dibble on there.

kepdawg
11-13-2007, 09:34 PM
It's more based on past reputation. Kind of like a baseball player getting a big payday after his prime due to what he's done in the past.

I used to enjoy his show quite a bit when he had "Rex" Dibble on there.

I don't think he would be picked up all over the country and get national sponsors if they didn't think it was wise.

And I never cared for Dibble.

JR2004
11-13-2007, 09:39 PM
I don't think he would be picked up all over the country and get national sponsors if they didn't think it was wise.

It's all about past reputation.

kepdawg
11-13-2007, 09:43 PM
It's all about past reputation.

Did he have a radio show or something in the past I don't know about?

I mean what was different in the past on his ESPN radio show?

JR2004
11-13-2007, 09:49 PM
Did he have a radio show or something in the past I don't know about?

I mean what was different in the past on his ESPN radio show?

The schtick that worked so well in the early to mid-90's that helped push him to the forefront of the talking heads (for at least a good decade) is just worn out.

He just doesn't have it anymore, but he'll keep getting a great payday for many more years because of past popularity. Kind of like how Madden has gone completely downhill as a broadcaster. Hate to see that, but it happens.

kepdawg
11-13-2007, 09:51 PM
The schtick that worked so well in the early to mid-90's that helped push him to the forefront of the talking heads (for at least a good decade) is just worn out.

He just doesn't have it anymore, but he'll keep getting a great payday for many more years because of past popularity. Kind of like how Madden has gone completely downhill as a broadcaster. Hate to see that, but it happens.

So did you like him back in the day?

JR2004
11-13-2007, 09:55 PM
So did you like him back in the day?

I did used to like him and enjoyed listening to him on both radio and TV. Don't hate him, but he's just not as good as he once was. Due to his past reputation though he'll still be getting a really good payday for several more years.

I equate this to being like the payday Jorge Posada just got.

kepdawg
11-13-2007, 09:58 PM
I did used to like him and enjoyed listening to him on both radio and TV. Don't hate him, but he's just not as good as he once was. Due to his past reputation though he'll still be getting a really good payday for several more years.

I equate this to being like the payday Jorge Posada just got.

There's a big difference!

I like Dan!

I don't like Jorge!

JR2004
11-13-2007, 10:02 PM
There's a big difference!

I like Dan!

I don't like Jorge!

lol...

Txbroadcaster
11-13-2007, 10:06 PM
Actually his show went south when Bruce Gilbert left ESPN as Program Director..and oh BTW Gilbert used to be PD for the Ticket and helped launh that style of sports talk

charlesrixey
11-13-2007, 10:17 PM
mike tirico is horrible, but collin cowherd---i like him

he reminds of chuck cooperstein during his WBAP days

too bad ESPN radio here is owned by the redskins and is 'redskins radio'

and features 50% redskins crap

i've enjoyed listening to them talk about how good dallas is though

a lot more humble after their 52-7 loss to the patriots and the last second loss to philedelphia this week

it's like listening to sooner or aggie football all week